Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (20) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Want Some Dope New Queens Hip Hop You Liked 15 Years Ago?

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 22 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Want Some Dope New Queens Hip Hop You Liked 15 Years Ago?
Blanco

Total Posts: 2358
posted Tuesday, January 07, 2014 6:16:02 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Blanco
Sorry, I had to make a post of its own to this :

GEE DUBS "Hands On Ice"

whole thing produced by J-Love which almost always means boom bap throwback influenced dopeness!
I received my hard copy from J-Love few weeks ago as a part of his 5 CD release - 2 of his own (I know you don't like him rappin, ha-haaa - but one of em is basically other people rappin on his beats) + albums by Whyz Ruler, Prince Animal and Gee Dubbs.
All beats by J-Love.

Yo, sorry for others, but Gee Dubbs is by far the best rapper out of that list and J-Love gave him the best bangers if you ask me.
This album is very dope - you won't be disappointed!
Digitals available everywhere, CDs at J-Love site, check this shit out!

Partial IP: 131.62.167

Yoda_pluto

Total Posts: 8248
posted Tuesday, January 07, 2014 6:17:50 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Yoda_pluto
post some tracks, please. i'm interested.

Partial IP: 191.156.74

shootisspiece

Total Posts: 375
posted Tuesday, January 07, 2014 6:27:28 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for shootisspiece
so far im hearing the first track and its some g shit..good lookin for puttin me up on this

Partial IP: 242.213.56

Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 41449
posted Tuesday, January 07, 2014 11:59:59 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Im feeling this...

And yea J-Love looks like a certified fagget in every video or album cover. Dude has gotta be doing it on purpose for some sick reason.

Partial IP: .109.89.26

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Wednesday, January 08, 2014 12:00:40 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Oh shit here's the whole album...

COOLGUY JIMMY

Total Posts: 3592
posted Wednesday, January 08, 2014 1:07:43 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for COOLGUY JIMMY
Is Prince Animal, Animal? If so guy is a beast, better version of AG imo

Partial IP: 91.188.109

al1

Total Posts: 167
posted Wednesday, January 08, 2014 5:13:33 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for al1
"And yea J-Love looks like a certified fagget in every video or album cover. Dude has gotta be doing it on purpose for some sick reason."

LOL

Partial IP: .89.208.98

LiquidDo$e

Total Posts: 14150
posted Wednesday, January 08, 2014 8:47:14 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for LiquidDo$e
I came in this pot ready to start hating cuz normally I'm not feeling J-Love too much, plus the title of the post kinda irked me but......

Shit is Bonkers Gawd! Good Post.

Partial IP: 141.219.29

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Wednesday, January 08, 2014 9:27:43 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
The Alchemist has not produced an album as good as this ever. The average beat on this shits on Durag Dynasty or the Prodigy album.

L-O-L, classic CC overreaction. In a few weeks you wont even be spinning this album.

LiquidDo$e

Total Posts: 14150
posted Wednesday, January 08, 2014 10:24:46 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for LiquidDo$e
Why is this n*gga CC randomly binging up ALC in a post that ahs nothing to d with him anyway?

Partial IP: 205.108.34

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Wednesday, January 08, 2014 10:28:50 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Why is this n*gga CC randomly binging up ALC in a post that ahs nothing to d with him anyway?

^I know right hahaha. I also wonder why ETW always finds his way into Step Brothers threads just to pop shit.

To be fair about this album though CC why dont you float me over the mp3's and ill see for myself if it's better than Summer Knights and 1999 combined. Listened to a couple joints via that YouTube video of the album but rather christen it in the whip.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Wednesday, January 08, 2014 11:51:54 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
^I'm not hating on J-Love at all. He is definitely a dope producer. He's the worst emcee in the history of hip hop and his gear is embarrassing but in terms of producing i like him. It's just funny how the Alchemist comparison always comes up. Go listen to his beats over the last few years. Much more experimental than boom bap so i dont get your point with that comment.

So you gonna send me this album or what bro?

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Wednesday, January 08, 2014 12:23:20 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
^I think you used mediafire or sendspace.

Blanco

posted Wednesday, January 08, 2014 1:36:44 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Blanco
Yo, I never big up anything not worth it, ha-haa

GEE DUBS
I also own 2 of his previous albums "Preface To Disaster" and "AM Shit" (CDs still available at his bandcamp) - I did mention those in "albums that deserve more attention" thread year ago.
All his projects are nice - that new one's probably the best AND yes, he is much doper than Spit Gemz who you guys discuss pretty often over here..

J-LOVE
Maan I've been telling you about his beats for the last 10 years - back then when he wasn't tryin to rap and was only known for his mixtapes. I remember trying to tell people that they should check out his CDs such as :

"Unstoppable"
1) J-LOVE - HIP HOP
2) RAEKWON - HEAVY WEIGHTS
3) 50 CENT & MOBB DEEP - OUTTA CONTROL
4) J-LOVE & NYC KROOKS - FIRE BURNZ
5) GANGSTARR - THE SQUEEZE
6) LA THE DARKMAN & WILLIE THE KID - WHEN THE MONEY COMES
7) AZ - RETURN OF S.O.SA
8) KILLA SHA - ACKNOWLEDGE THE VET
9) GHOSTFACE KILLAH , TRIFE , WIGZ ( THEODORE UNIT ) - LATE NIGHT ARRIVIAL
10) BIG L - DANGER ZONE
11) TRAGEDY KHADAFI , TRIFE , KILLA SHA - 1 HAND WASHES THE OTHER
12) TRU LIFE - L.E.S
13) SLICK RICK - WOMEN LOSE WEIGHT
14) MEYHEM - ANOTHER HUSTLE
15) RZA - I'M BACK
16) M.O.P - RETURN OF THE WARRIORZ
17) SHYHEIM & KILLA SHA - BOTTOM TO THE TOP
18) LARGE PROFESSOR - COOL
19) CUBAN LINK - GANGSTA
20) JAY - Z - STOP
21) RAKIM - KEEP THE MIC HOT
22) MASTA ACE - 3 SOME
23) OL DIRTY BASTARD - DONT STOP

"Better Your Life"
1) J-LOVE - PERSERVERANCE
2) RAEKWON - STRAIGHT OUT THE GUTTER
3) BIG PUN - THE NICEST
4) J-LOVE & LARGE PROFESSOR - WE KNOW
5) MOBB DEEP & 50 CENT - CLAP THEM THINGS
6) ROYAL FLUSH - QUEENZ FOR LIFE
7) OL DIRTY BASTARD - LYRICAL VIRUS
8) SLICK RICK - TROUBLE
9) CUBAN LINK & JADAKISS - TALK ABOUT IT
10) M.O.P - MY WAY
11) KOOL G RAP - REAL TALK
12) GHOSTFACE KILLAH & CORMEGA - COME ON
13) LA THE DARKMAN - GUNZ DONT KILL
14) RZA & FREE MURDER - NEVER
15) JAY Z - THIS LIFE FOREVER
16) MASTA ACE - NFL
17) MEYHEM - REAL
18) METHOD MAN - THE SHOW
19) BIG L - ONCE AGAIN
20) INSPECTAH DECK - SWORDPLAY
21) EXQUIZITE - LIFE
22) TRAGEDY KHADAFI &I MAM THUG - THUG
23) J-LOVE , SKY GRAY , SUB CONSCEINCE - EYE IN THE SKY
24) NAS - LIKE MY STYLE
25) RAZE - HARD NOSED TACTICS

"Political Delayz"
DISC1
1) J-LOVE - EVERYTHING WAS PLANNED
2) RZA - U USED 2 B
3) CORMEGA - BACK TO THE FUTURE
4) LARGE PROFESSOR & NEEK THE EXOTIC - RHYMEMANIA
5) NAS - GENERAL
6) GURU - BEHOLD
7) M.O.P , BEANIE SIGEL , JAY-Z , MEMPHIS BLEEK - ROC LA FAMALIA
8) MOBB DEEP - HAV & P
9) MASTA ACE - N Y CONFIDENTIAL
10) AKINYELE - FRIENDS
11) KOOL G RAP , JINK , IKE INFA DIAMOND - MURDER FAM
12) INSPECTAH DECK - SWORDPLAY RMX
13) O.C. - KING OF N Y
14) J - LOVE - HIP HOP COPS
15) MEYHEM - THEY SCARED
16) EXQUIZITE - STASHED IN THE FORTRESS
17) BRAND NUBIAN - TWO CHOICES
18) TIMBO KING , 60 SECOND ASSASSIN , PRODIGAL SUNN KILLA SIN - 2 BE AN EXPERT
19) METHOD MAN - SAY WHAT
20) MASTA ACE - SPLASH
21) P MURDER (SOURDOUGH) - CHECK ME OUT

DISC2
1) J-LOVE - COME BACK
2) LARGE PROFESSOR - RAP PROFESSIONALS
3) MASTA ACE - WARFARE
4) TRIFE , TOMMY WHISPERS , KRIME LIFE - STRAIGHT TO THE POINT
5) GZA - FAME (RMX)
6) MEYHEM - MAKIN STACKZ
7) 50 CENT , LLOYD BANKS , YOUNG BUCK - GANGSTA SHIT
8) EXQUIZITE & CORMEGA - COMING HOME
9) J-LOVE - STOLEN MOMENTS
10) CORMEGA & M.O.P - LET IT GO
11) RAEKWON , FAT JOE , GHOSTFACE KILLAH - CLIENTELE KIDS
12) METHOD MAN - UN HUH
13) EXQUIZITE - BALISTICS
14) MEYHEM - QUEENZ
15) DMX , EVE , JADAKISS , STYLES P , SHEEK LOUCH , DRAG-ON - SCENERIO
16) TEMPEST - FAMILY VALUES
17) GHOSTFACE KILLAH , TRIFE , J-LOVE - FIRE

"Endless Anglez"
DISC 1

1) J-LOVE - ENDLESS ANGELZ
2) J-LOVE - DISGUST
3) J-LOVE - MILITARY CONVOY FEAT TAKE-IT & MEYHEM LAUREN
4) J-LOVE - MIND ON MY MONEY FEAT MEYHEM LAUREN & TAKE-IT & A.G. THE CORONER & KILLA SHA
5) J-LOVE - NO TIME LEFT FEAT TAKE-IT & ANIMAL
6) J-LOVE - FIRE BURNZ FEAT TAKE-IT
7) J-LOVE - AND I SEE
8) J-LOVE - THE NIGHT FEAT MEYHEM LAUREN, KILLA SHA, TAKE-IT, ACTION BRONSON, A.G. THE CORONER
9) J-LOVE - THE WORLD WE KNOW FEAT JAY STEELE & SCIENCE & ANIMAL
10) J-LOVE - TIMES CAUGHT UP TO YOU FEAT KILLA SHA & A.G. THE CORONER
11) J-LOVE - WAIT
12) J-LOVE - HOLD BACK THE NIGHT
13) J-LOVE - SOMETIMEZ I GOTTA WONDER FEAT TAKE-IT & A.G. THE CORONER
14) J-LOVE - STORM TROOPERS FEAT MEYHEM LAUREN , TAKE-IT, ACTION BRONSON , KILLA SHA , PRINCE ,A.G. THE CORONER ,ANIMAL
15) J-LOVE - SUMMER BREEZE FEAT ANIMAL & PRINCE
16) J-LOVE - THE ONE AND ONLY
17) J-LOVE - ALBINO GORILLA FEAT MEYHEM LAUREN & ACTION BRONSON
18) J-LOVE - NO TOLERANCE
19) J-LOVE - THE WAY WE LIKE IT FEAT JAY STEELE & ANIMAL
20) J-LOVE - INVITATION FEAT ANIMAL & MEYHEM LAUREN
21) J-LOVE - ENDLESS ANGELZ (ORIGINAL VERSION)

Disc 2

1) NAS - WHAT YOU EXPECTED
2) GHOSTFACE KILLAH - RETURN OF THE IRON MAN
3) RAEKWON - WILD
4) EPMD FEAT KRS-ONE - RUN IT(RMX)
5) JADAKISS & J-LOVE - DEADLY KISS
6) PRODIGY OF MOBB DEEP - GUN LOVE
7) KOOL G RAP - A DAY IN THE SLUMZ
8) BIG DADDY KANE - DIG IT
9) KILLAH PRIEST FEAT NAS - GUN FOR GUN
10) JAY-Z - BREATHE EASY
11) THE GAME - BIG DREAMS(RMX)
12) MEYHEM LAUREN - REAL WAK RAP n*ggaZ
13) NOTORIOUS B.I.G - 2MORROW I'LL BE GONE
14) CORMEGA - ESSENCE OF THE STREETS
15) AZ - CHILLIN
16) GHOSTFACE KILLAH FEAT TRIFE DA GOD & WIGS - AMSTERDAM
17) NAS - CHISEL
18) JOELL ORTIZ FEAT BIG NOYD - NIGHT IN MY P'S
19) WU-TANG CLAN - 9MM (RMX)
20) OL DIRTY BASTARD - REUNITED
21) COMMON - DOIN IT
22) KOOL G RAP - TALKIN TO THE PEOPLE PT 1 & 2
23) CAPPADONNA - WHATS REALLY UP

Yo, this is a massive list of dope hip hop, period!
If some titles sound familiar - don't let it fool you - every beat on those albums are J-Love original, bangin ass boom bap. About half are artist's original songs produced by J-Love, the rest is J-Love remixes.
No yellin between songs, no tags - all quality tracks, not even mixed together.
I can't believe if I'd find out about those today - that's enough boom bap for the first quarter, ha-haaa!!!

I'm not sure if he still has hard copy CDs of everything, but you should be able to buy those at j-loveonline.com - it seems most of ya settle with free link.... but for those who still care

Yo Wicked, from his last bunch - the one which is similar to producer album is "Flood Gates" - although that project includes few tracks from each of those other albums, so more like a sampler.
Not sure bout that PRINCE ORIGINAL (sorry, no Prince Animal - Animal is dope, no doubt!)album - haven't listened to it yet, but he didn't impress me that much, BUT that WHYZ RULER is definitelly worth getting!!!

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Wednesday, January 08, 2014 1:45:27 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Done. Took about 5 mins of my working day that's about $500 you owe me n*gga

Now listen to barbic dubs loud and tell me this ain't bangin

Share the love with weather too I don't have his email.

Good looks. Ill peep on my way to work later and get back to you. I think i got Weathers e-mail so ill hit him up with it.

Blanco

posted Wednesday, January 08, 2014 2:50:47 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Blanco
Yo Loewi, I'm sorry, but this is exactly where things gets wrong - those J-Love mixtapes you mentioned (Roc Marciano and tons of others) ARE NOT what I listed!

This is what I was trying to point out - his usual mixtapes have various joints NOT produced by him, just various joints available elsewhere, mixed together by J and have those annoying tags and yelling over tracks..

These which I listed are ORIGINAL J-Love production - that differs completelly of his usual mixtapes you mentioned, you know
I pretty much dislike those mixCDs - these are worth shit, BUT those I listed are actual albums, with all original J-Love beats!!
This is exactly where things get wrong - peeps think that "i know about his mix cds" - but they wrong, ha-haaaa
Nothing personal Loewi, I'm just bit surprised that it seems that you were confusing things - if you have those mixCDs of his, fine - but what you really need are these compilations I mentioned, check it out yourself, you won't be disappointed, my word is bond!

clockworx (Admin)

posted Wednesday, January 08, 2014 4:42:33 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for clockworx
Yo CC I listened to the first seven or eight tracks heading to work and im feeling it. Production outshines the emcee so far though. He can spit but has that rapid fire, straight spitting delivery that I can dig but holds him back from jumping into a category with top notch underground emcees. Hex One and Paranom are other emcees that suffer from the same shit.

J-Love did kill it on the production for the most part so far. Holy Water and Root Of Evil back to back is pretty ill.

Ill check back after peeping the whole thing.

Partial IP: .109.60.74

virgin mobile kiosk

Total Posts: 4096
posted Wednesday, January 08, 2014 6:17:51 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for virgin mobile kiosk   Click Here to Email virgin mobile kiosk
Gee Dubs been ill.

The title of this thread is confusing though.

Queens Hip Hop You Liked 15 Years Ago

What does 15 years go have to do with anything?

There's a select few heads left in NY that can grasp the formula for making a hip hop record.

Fifteen years ago has nothing to do with it.

Partial IP: 237.26.168

Blanco

posted Thursday, January 09, 2014 10:39:23 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Blanco
The more I think about "the title of this thread" - the more I like it..!

So have you checked those J-Love producer albums yet - won't be disappointed if you liked this Gee Dubbs album - those earlier projects may be even hip hop you liked 17 years ago

Partial IP: .219.93.78

Blanco

posted Thursday, January 09, 2014 10:51:47 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Blanco
"that asshole never sent me my cds. I sent him a message and he replied back with in all caps "ITS ON ITS WAY....."

Yo, I've been dealing with J-Love for years - he's not the one to reply your messages, more that "IT'S ON IT'S WAY" - if he said so then you will get it!
I had problems with few defective CDs and shit - he or his crew makes sure you get replacement and they make sure it gets shipped fast and secure - it's just is like that. AND that man still puts out physical CDs to all his releases - I gotta respect that!

Blanco

posted Tuesday, January 14, 2014 11:38:02 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Blanco
And to be completelly honest about J-Love's 5 album package he released in December - I've checked them all by now and beats are good in all of them, no doubt!

Prince Original is kind of average to me - I don't know bout his flow and presence... BUT there are great tracks on it - especially the one with good features by Meyhem Lauren, AG Da Coroner and others.

And Whyz Ruler album is a definite must buy!!
He's a good emcee and beats bang, so what else we need, right
Yo Wicked, in case you read this - you said you passed on it - knowing the albums you usually like, have you checked that or just passed...?

Partial IP: 131.62.224

culturesclothing

Total Posts: 2179
posted Tuesday, January 14, 2014 4:02:07 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for culturesclothing
I really liked that "Tom & Jerry" track that Clockworx posted. I'm interested now. I'm going to check this out...

Partial IP: 73.59.81.9

Blanco

posted Wednesday, January 15, 2014 4:00:30 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Blanco
Just do yourself a favor and don't sleep on all these other J-Love produced albums as well - posted in this same thread here!

All times are ET. The time now is 2:20 AM.Post viewed 1337 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: