Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (33) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Q&A with First Division + Marco Polo

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 65 replies
Page: 1 2
AuthorTopic:  Q&A with First Division + Marco Polo
Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 40921
posted Thursday, September 24, 2015 10:44:58 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
I'm pleased to announce that Canadian Duo First Division and one of the illest producers in the underground, Marco Polo, are down for a Q&A session tomorrow at noon. It's going to coincide with First Divisions debut album Overworked & Underpaid, dropping tomorrow as well.

This killer debut album is Boom Bap hip hop to the core featuring beats by Marco Polo (Executive Producer), DJ Premier, Kev Brown, Jake One, The Doppelgangaz, BeatWyze and guest appearances from Prince Po, Rah Digga, Torae, Hannibal Stax and more

http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/first-division-overworked-underpaid/SOSR007CD/

For those unfamiliar with First Division they dropped two EP's last year, The Critical Path Parts 1 and 2, that featured the likes of D.V. Alias Khryst, Edo. G, Grand Daddy I.U., Torae, 9th Uno, Roc Marciano and Supastition.

Some of their tracks...

Partial IP: 3.70.35.97

PatrickBateman_onThe1s&2s (Snitch)

Total Posts: 5825
posted Thursday, September 24, 2015 11:12:16 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickBateman_onThe1s&2s
What is it like being white in hip hop?

Which albums from this year are you most pleased with?

Shylow, Which hip hop record are you trying to find that you can't? (cd or vinyl)

Marco Polo/FD -who is your favorite radio djs? favorite shows?

Marco POLO- WILL you produce a strictly Boom BAP Ep for WEstsideGunn to rhyme over? it would be so random and awesome you already know!

FD- favorite record label (name some albums that were epic for you on that label)

you guys are canadian right? thoughts on Admiral Buttplug?

Marco Polo- That beat you did for Masta Ace is ineffable

this Album kinda snuck up on a bunch of us. was that your intentions?

Partial IP: .153.2.170

NoHeadlights

Total Posts: 55243
Location: Alot of y'all bitches like fucking ngas with no clout
posted Thursday, September 24, 2015 11:14:24 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for NoHeadlights
Who are your personal favorite producers in Hip-Hop

Partial IP: 176.33.142

posted Thursday, September 24, 2015 11:22:26 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickBateman_onThe1s&2s
Oh Forgot to ask

will we see the critical path double ep come out on cd?

Also who is your personal preference, Tahiry or Amber Rose?

Marco Polo, That rustee juxx collar is ill btw.

Admiral ButtPlug = Admral Crumple

Also Shylow, will u be answering with your own UGHH username u used in the past? are u excited for it to be verified?

Partial IP: .153.2.170

Forever Crumpin'

Total Posts: 311
posted Friday, September 25, 2015 6:29:28 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Forever Crumpin'
Who were your favorite Toronto hip hop artists as you were coming up?

Partial IP: 4.29.197.3

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 9:51:00 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
For First Division...

You guys seem to get top notch features and producers for your albums/mixtapes. For a group just releasing their debut album how are you guys able to network to the point of getting all of them to hop on board? Is it word of mouth? Social media? Your affiliation with Marco?

What emcees/groups did you look up to and/or form your styles from as you were getting into the game?

Any emcees or producers you've yet to work with that you would like to one day collab with?

For Marco Polo...

You had some nice tributes to Pumpkinhead since his passing. What was it like to work with him? Do you have any unreleased PH verses in the vault that might one day see the light of day?

Is there one album of yours you like more than the others?

When's the next album dropping and is it a one producer/once emcee or a producer comp?

Your Top 5 emcees right now?

Favorite beat you've ever done?

MarcoPoloBeats

Total Posts: 11
posted Friday, September 25, 2015 11:54:52 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for MarcoPoloBeats
Wasssup y'all! I'm completely new to this. How can I respond to individual posts so I can knock out each question with some sort of order ??? haha CONGRATS TO FIRST DIVISION!

Partial IP: 65.201.238

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 11:58:41 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
What up Marco? What heads in the past have done is cut/paste the question(s), put them in quotes and answer underneath. Good looks on entertaining some questions.

W!CkEd22

Total Posts: 1613
Location: SF Bay Area www,twitter,com/BayAreaWicked audiomack,com/artist/wicked22 www,hulkshare,com/wicked22
posted Friday, September 25, 2015 12:01:18 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for W!CkEd22   Click Here to Email W!CkEd22

- www.discogs.com/Syntifik-Trickin-The-Arrival-Think-About-It/release/3901966

^Marco Polo's very first released Production from 2002! I own the majority of MP's Production catalog on vinyl along with a ton of it on cd too...

I think MP's 2nd released Production was Shylow's "Moment Of Clarity" 12-inch release in 2002... www.discogs.com/Shylow-Moment-Of-Clarity/master/609726

And btw, Marco Polo is one of my favorite producers!!

Marco, are there any other albums you're workin on or will be workin on with one MC? Maybe Double Berrel 2 with Torae?? That first one is great!!

Partial IP: 7.77.75.85

Quest (Admin)

Total Posts: 16001
posted Friday, September 25, 2015 12:03:32 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Quest
Question for First Division - what is your favorite cut off the new album and why?

Marco Polo - who is your favorite artist to work with and why?

Partial IP: 47.233.125

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 12:04:58 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
You both have worked with The Doppelgangaz in certain aspects. That says something since they dont really branch out too often. Any more future collabs with them in the works?

MarcoPoloBeats

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 12:11:13 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for MarcoPoloBeats
"What is it like being white in hip hop?"

Never really pay attention to that haha, hasn't been an issue for me thus far.

"Which albums from this year are you most pleased with?"

Kendrick's album stands out for sure. Also the new GangGrene. Mentioning FD is biased but fuck it, the new FD album!

"Marco Polo/FD -who is your favorite radio djs? favorite shows?"

DJ Eclipse on Halftime/Rap IS outta control, DJ Revolution of the Wake Up Show, DJ Premier on Live from HQ... those are definitely a few off hand but I know I'm forgetting many that support our music so salute to all of them and pardon my memory!

"Marco POLO- WILL you produce a strictly Boom BAP Ep for WEstsideGunn to rhyme over? it would be so random and awesome you already know!"

I don't know Westside Gunn personally but I'm down to work on something with him for sure.

"you guys are canadian right? thoughts on Admiral Buttplug?"

I am Canadian, Toronto born. No idea who is Admiral Buttplug is but sounds like a party!

"Marco Polo- That beat you did for Masta Ace is ineffable"

thank you very much.

"this Album kinda snuck up on a bunch of us. was that your intentions?"re: Port Authority.

We just wanted to introduce our music to the world. Glad "Port Authority" snuck up on anyone, very proud moment for myself and Shylow.

SeanDiRocco

Total Posts: 5361
Location: I spent 1/2 my SSI cheque on crystals to heal my leg & bring me fortune.
posted Friday, September 25, 2015 12:17:28 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for SeanDiRocco
Whats up Marco.

You've been working a lot with Droogy can we expect to see more from you 2 in the future?

Whats your top 5 releases of 2015?

and finally,
I personally would like to see you work with Planet Asia. Who from the west coast would you like to work with given the chance?

Thanks for droppin' in man.

Partial IP: .25.50.208

MarcoPoloBeats

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 12:19:19 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for MarcoPoloBeats
Answers Part 2 (grouped a bunch in this one)

"Who are your personal favorite producers in Hip-Hop"

Jake One, DJ Skizz, Beatwyze, DJ Premier, Large Pro, Nottz are a few. Too many to mention tho.

"Marco Polo, That rustee juxx collar is ill btw. "

thank you!

"marco polo, how many packs of cigarettes do u smoke a day? also ur rhythm roulette episode was fantastic."

When I'm making beats probably 2 packs super wack, need to quit.

and thank you re: Rhythm Roulette!

"Who were your favorite Toronto hip hop artists as you were coming up?"

Frankenstein, Maestro ,Choclair, Saukrates, BrassMunk, Kardinal, DJ Serious, Arcee, Da Grassroots... all classic to me

"You had some nice tributes to Pumpkinhead since his passing. What was it like to work with him? Do you have any unreleased PH verses in the vault that might one day see the light of day?"

Thats my brother for life. Even tho we hadn't spoke in a while he's responsible for a lot of underground heads knowing me. I don't have that much unreleased but I haven't checked all my old drives yet, who knows what I find. Respect to his family and kids. RIP PH!

"Is there one album of yours you like more than the others?"

hmmmm. depends on my mood. I definitely think PA2: The Director's cut represents my best production to date, just my personal thoughts. I'm proud of all my albums.

"When's the next album dropping and is it a one producer/once emcee or a producer comp?"

I'm taking a break from producer albums. But A-F-R-O and I have an EP in the works. Torae and I will do another album. Masta Ace and I will do an album. Shylow and I will do an EP, some other surprises too. stay tuned.

"Your Top 5 emcees right now?"

Kendrick, Milano, AFRO, FD....

"Favorite beat you've ever done?"

this also changes on my mood but at this moment "Astonishing" or "Earings Off".

"Marco, are there any other albums you're workin on or will be workin on with one MC? Maybe Double Berrel 2 with Torae?? That first one is great!!"

covered/answered this above and thanks for asking!

"You both have worked with The Doppelgangaz in certain aspects. That says something since they dont really branch out too often. Any more future collabs with them in the works?"

I only know about Doppel because Shylow put me onto them haha. Then I became a fan and reached out for my album. "R U GONNA EAT THAT" was fun to make as well as the video!

First Division

Total Posts: 5
posted Friday, September 25, 2015 12:24:48 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for First Division
Peace to PatrickBateman_onThe1s&2s, here goes:

What is it like being white in hip hop?

- Shy: Can't say that's something I think about, ever, I just do what I do. Besides that, hip-hop is universal, as long I rep the artform correctly it shouldn't matter what color my skin is.

Which albums from this year are you most pleased with?

- FD: G Stats - Syke Ward, Large Pro - Re Living, Supastition - Gold Standard, King Magnetic - Timing Is Everything, and Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly

Shylow, Which hip hop record are you trying to find that you can't? (cd or vinyl)

- Da King & I - Contemporary Jeep Music, on vinyl. Fuckin LOVE that shit.

Who is your favorite radio djs? favorite shows?

- Shy: Back in the day I used to listen to The Power Move Show on 88.1 CKLN in Toronto, that was my shit. After that I would say Mixtape Massacre but they're gone now too. Now I would have to say DJ Premier & the Live From HeadQCourterz show.

Favorite record label (name some albums that were epic for you on that label)

- Ex: Favorite label would have to be Rawkus. Company Flow, Soundbombing, Reflection Eternal & Black Star were highlights for me.

- Shy: Def Jam for me. So much classic shit on that label. Onyx first 3 albums, PE's first 4 albums, LL's first 4 albums. Man. EPMD - Business Never Personal. Too many albums yo, hahaha.

you guys are canadian right? thoughts on Admiral Buttplug?

- FD: Not even sure who or what that is, sorry!

Partial IP: 243.84.185

MarcoPoloBeats

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 12:25:20 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for MarcoPoloBeats

"You've been working a lot with Droogy can we expect to see more from you 2 in the future?"

Peace! Yes, Droog and I have a lot of unreleased music recorded. I have no idea what will happen with it. But in the meantime, you can check out all the joints we did on his last 2 EP's and "Hoodie Weather" f. Prodigy. Shouts to Yung Droogy, dope MC!

"Whats your top 5 releases of 2015?"

First Division "Overworked & Underpaid"
Kendrick Lamar "To Pimp a Butterfly"
Gangrene "You Disgust Me"
Droog "The Nicest" EP
R.A.W. "Right Amount of wrong" EP (DJ Skizz & Problemz)

"I personally would like to see you work with Planet Asia. Who from the west coast would you like to work with given the chance? "

I'm a fan of Planet Asia. We've worked on stuff before it's just never fully developed. Out west I would love to work with Dilated Peoples, Kendrick, Jay Rock, Vince Staples, Dom Kennedy....

born dead

Total Posts: 2536
posted Friday, September 25, 2015 12:29:37 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for born dead
Marco, you have done a bunch of tracks with Copywrite. Any chance of doing a full length? Get Busy is insane. You and Copy both killed it.

Partial IP: 250.175.25

MarcoPoloBeats

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 12:31:51 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for MarcoPoloBeats
"Marco, you have done a bunch of tracks with Copywrite. Any chance of doing a full length? Get Busy is insane. You and Copy both killed it."

"Get Busy" is one of my fav's too, thanks man. As far as a full length unlikely anytime soob but you never know. Shouts to Copy!

First Division

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 12:35:44 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for First Division
NoHeadlights:

Who are your personal favorite producers in Hip-Hop

- Ex: DJ Premier, D.I.T.C. (all of em), Nick Wiz, K-Def, Large Pro

- Shy: Preemo, Pete Rock, Nottz, DJ Scratch, D.I.T.C. (all of em), Marley Marl, Dilla, Hi-Tek, Erick Sermon, Large Professor...I know there's more...faaaack.

PatrickBateman_onThe1s&2s (continued)

will we see the critical path double ep come out on cd?

- FD: If the album does well and the demand is there, we'd definitely like to make that happen but can't guarantee anything right now.

Also who is your personal preference, Tahiry or Amber Rose?

- Shy: Amber Rose
- Ex: Tahiry

Also Shylow, will u be answering with your own UGHH username u used in the past? are u excited for it to be verified?

- Shy: Hahaha, can't say I thought about being verified but that shit would be dope. This is an FD thing so nah, we team reppin' for this shit right here homie.

hiero909123

Total Posts: 556
posted Friday, September 25, 2015 12:35:46 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for hiero909123
Marco if you could create with anyone dead or alive who and why?

thanks big fan btw nostalgia and I wonder by reef are two of my fav of all time

Partial IP: 09.202.176

MarcoPoloBeats

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 12:39:50 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for MarcoPoloBeats
"Marco if you could create with anyone dead or alive who and why?"

Right now it would be a toss up between Nas or Kendrick. Those are both MC's that have something important to stay for Hip Hop." I think my beats could compliment their styles too..."

"thanks big fan btw nostalgia and I wonder by reef are two of my fav of all time"

much appreciated, thank you!

Loewi

Total Posts: 4774
posted Friday, September 25, 2015 12:46:38 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Loewi
Do any of you guys like poutine? I love poutine

Partial IP: 51.200.124

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 12:49:21 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickBateman_onThe1s&2s
How many records you guys copp annually? do you ever feel like supporting "real hiphop" gets in the way of real life?

What is the last Emcee or producer album you bought and made you feel like you gotta step up your life game?

my best EPs of that year were critical path and Dominican Diner. Y'all are a top tier duo in my view

Also would you be willing to shout BrotherMike for HHB Mod 2015? thanks in advance

Partial IP: 0.153.1.23

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 12:50:00 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickBateman_onThe1s&2s
Oh shit yalls ad is on the UGHH site, you just made it. Congreats

W!CkEd22

Location: SF Bay Area www,twitter,com/BayAreaWicked audiomack,com/artist/wicked22 www,hulkshare,com/wicked22
posted Friday, September 25, 2015 12:53:21 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for W!CkEd22   Click Here to Email W!CkEd22

I'd love to hear more between Grand Daddy I.U. and Marco Polo. "The Veteran" is a dope joint.

Marco, aside from the joint on "Stupendous Adventures...", do you and Arcee have more that you've recorded? That joint with Promise (who is he?) "The Bridge" is dope too... do you two have more??

Partial IP: 216.157.29

MarcoPoloBeats

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 12:54:57 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for MarcoPoloBeats
How many records you guys copp annually? do you ever feel like supporting "real hiphop" gets in the way of real life?

I'm always buying records and getting rid of records because my space is limited. Diggin is therapy for me. I don't understand the 2nd question so much haha sorry.

"What is the last Emcee or producer album you bought and made you feel like you gotta step up your life game?"

the "PRhyme" album was heavy for me. Royce beasted on dope production. That definitely inspired me.

MarcoPoloBeats

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 12:57:26 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for MarcoPoloBeats
"I'd love to hear more between Grand Daddy I.U. and Marco Polo. "The Veteran" is a dope joint. "

I did a nice joint on his last album called "P.I.M.P."

"Marco, aside from the joint on "Stupendous Adventures...", do you and Arcee have more that you've recorded? That joint with Promise (who is he?) "The Bridge" is dope too... do you two have more??"

Arcee and i have a few unreleased records, gotta dig em up. haven't heard them in years... Promise and I only have the one joint. He's from Toronto. Nothing else in the works currently.

W!CkEd22

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 12:59:13 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for W!CkEd22   Click Here to Email W!CkEd22

I have a question for all 3 of you. What are your thoughts on Wac Miller?? I personally feel his voice is corny as fuck and feel that an MC's voice is VERY important.

First Division

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 12:59:48 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for First Division
gino hernandez - good lookin' out brother

Clockworx wuddup:

You guys seem to get top notch features and producers for your albums/mixtapes. For a group just releasing their debut album how are you guys able to network to the point of getting all of them to hop on board? Is it word of mouth? Social media? Your affiliation with Marco?

- Shy: Marco is responsible for the majority of the collabs we've been blessed to do. My working relationship with MP over the last 15 years has definitely afforded us some incredible perks. A couple connections I was able to pull off on my own like MindsOne and Grand Daddy I.U., but pretty much everything else is due to the homie Marco.

What emcees/groups did you look up to and/or form your styles from as you were getting into the game?

- Ex: Lord Finesse for his charisma, Company Flow for their beyond limits delivery. KRS-One & Chuck D for their clarity, message and powerful performances.

- Shy: Early on I'd say Lord Finesse, Big Daddy Kane and Special Ed were my biggest influences. When I get heavy into punchline rhyming in the late 90s it was all about Chino XL. Co-Flow was also instrumental in me developing my abilities to think outside the box, you can hear a lot of their influence on the Rebirth album.

Any emcees or producers you've yet to work with that you would like to one day collab with?

- Ex: Would definitely love to do something with Showbiz, and A.G. too. PF Cuttin's dope. Anyone from Bankai Fam, P General, all those dudes.

- Shy: Nottz and Pete Rock are on my bucket list for sure. I figure since we somehow pulled off doing a joint with Preem, anything is possible, hahahahah. Would love to do a joint with Masta Ace, Big Daddy Kane, Pharoahe Monch, Invincible. Too many to name.

You both have worked with The Doppelgangaz in certain aspects. That says something since they dont really branch out too often. Any more future collabs with them in the works?

- FD: Today we're releasing a video for our BeatWyze produced joint Pure that's on our album, Doppel directed that shit and it came out crazy. I'm sure we'll wind up doing more shit with those dudes in the future absolutely, those are the homies!!

Quest:

What is your favorite cut off the new album and why?

- Shy: This Iz Tha Time. Preemo's my hero, that song is an absolute dream come true for me, something i never thought in a million years would ever happen, and it came out exactly how I'd imagined it would.

- Ex: I'll second Shy with This Iz Tha Time, but if I had to pick an alternative it would be Pure, because it embodied every reason why we live for this rap shit, and it was natural as fuck.

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 12:59:53 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickBateman_onThe1s&2s
shallow did you do cuts on this?

if so how'd that come bout

W!CkEd22

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 1:00:39 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for W!CkEd22   Click Here to Email W!CkEd22

Oh yeah, that's right. I have the newest I.U. album on cd too. Nice noint!

bmac19

Total Posts: 1393
Location: the rest of march is on a seperate list i keep at home...
posted Friday, September 25, 2015 1:03:03 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for bmac19
Why did you name yourself after a game of swimming pool tag?

Partial IP: .128.224.6

AeokQ

Total Posts: 7327
posted Friday, September 25, 2015 1:10:10 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for AeokQ   Click Here to Email AeokQ
Yo Marco, your beat, "Yeah," on Boot Camp Clik- The Last Stand album is dope as fuck. That's all.

Partial IP: 254.160.98

MarcoPoloBeats

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 1:10:35 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for MarcoPoloBeats
"I have a question for all 3 of you. What are your thoughts on Wac Miller?? I personally feel his voice is corny as fuck and feel that an MC's voice is VERY important."

I'm not informed or familiar enough with Mac Miller's music to have a detailed or educated opinion. But from the 1-2 joints I have heard he's definitely not wack and his voice doesn't bother me.

MarcoPoloBeats

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 1:11:31 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for MarcoPoloBeats
"yo Marco, your beat, "Yeah," on Boot Camp Clik- The Last Stand album is dope as fuck. That's all."

thank you. I love that joint too! #RIPSEANPRICE

MarcoPoloBeats

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 1:14:04 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for MarcoPoloBeats
I appreciate all the questions for myself and my brothers Shylow & Expertise of First Division. We hope y'all check out the album and let people know about it. Word of mouth is all we got.

thank you all for taking the time to come thru. peace and have a great day.

Marco

First Division

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 1:15:39 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for First Division
PatrickBateman_onThe1s&2s (continued)

- Shy: Supporting hip-hop IS real life for me, so no it doesn't get in the way. I can't say that I buy more than 2 or 3 new albums a year, not a lot of new shit grabs my attention like that so I mostly just concentrate on filling holes in the collection, 80s/90s gems and what not.

- Ex: No specific number, if i feel compelled to buy something I do whether it's old or new. collection wise I intend on getting my physical game up but until then, Shy supplies me with everything I need, hahahaha. My bad.

What is the last Emcee or producer album you bought and made you feel like you gotta step up your life game?

- FD: PA2 The Directors Cut.

Regarding Crime Library

- Shy: Yes indeed I did the cuts for that joint. Marco did the track for Vinnie and I caught a vibe as soon as I heard it, layed the shit down, MP sent it to Vinnie and the rest is history.

W!CkEd22

I have a question for all 3 of you. What are your thoughts on Wac Miller?? I personally feel his voice is corny as fuck and feel that an MC's voice is VERY important.

- Ex: He's a talented lyricist but his music isn't really our thing.

- Shy: Ditto

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 1:19:12 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickBateman_onThe1s&2s
^^ lol at marco polo dipping out as soon as faggit ollie makes it to the party

First Division

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 1:19:16 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for First Division
Thanks for all the questions y'all, appreciate being given the forum to speak on who we are and what we do. Hope y'all dig the album and be sure to check out the video we dropped today for Pure. Peace and have a great day!!!

W!CkEd22

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 1:21:37 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for W!CkEd22   Click Here to Email W!CkEd22

I'll be pre-ordering the Vinyl LP. It goes up for pre-order today is what you guys told me on Twitter...

Partial IP: 137.242.15

SeanDiRocco

Total Posts: 5361
Location: I spent 1/2 my SSI cheque on crystals to heal my leg & bring me fortune.
posted Friday, September 25, 2015 1:23:17 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for SeanDiRocco
good lookin out. i've actually been sleepin but i'l check you guys out later on tonight.

Partial IP: .25.50.208

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 1:34:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickBateman_onThe1s&2s
pre ordering

shout out UGsucks

Forever Crumpin'

Total Posts: 311
posted Friday, September 25, 2015 1:34:56 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Forever Crumpin'
Sorry Crumple, but neither Marco Polo or First Division, who are all from Toronto, have ever heard of you or your music.

L's after L's after L's being taken by Crumple.

Partial IP: 4.29.197.3

Phatbeets

Total Posts: 12417
Location: I like what you bring to this site tho. You're like a fluffer on a porn set.
posted Friday, September 25, 2015 1:36:11 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Phatbeets
damn great to have MP and First Division on here much respect.

Simple (triple) question to you:

What do you like most bout hop hop right nao? What pisses you off the most? and how is hip hop going to look like in 10 years?

Partial IP: .212.95.88

eseph84

Total Posts: 7028
posted Friday, September 25, 2015 1:41:23 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
peace marco! you're one of the dopest keepin hip hop alive!

shouts to 1st division, too! I'm def peeping the album soon as I got a couple extra coins to toss!

Partial IP: .56.89.154

Total Posts: 18151
Location: What does god have to do with the pronunciation of a word?
posted Friday, September 25, 2015 1:57:16 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
how did you manage to get last emperor on your album, marco? also, how's he doing? would you say he'll ever drop new music again, or was your track with him probably the last time we'll hear him?

Partial IP: 191.156.74

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 2:07:55 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickBateman_onThe1s&2s
http://www.vevo.com/watch/US92U1509901?syndicationid=bb8a16ab-1279-4f17-969b-1dba5eb60eda&shortlink=N8YKzu&country=US

New video by them

The NWS

Total Posts: 1561
posted Friday, September 25, 2015 2:15:23 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for The NWS
Kendrick's album stands out for sure. Also the new GangGrene.

I just wanted to point out that his 2 favorite albums from 2015 are west coast albums...

Like I said in the 2015 thread, east coast rap sucks this year. I do need to get the Petestrumentals 2 and Sean P, but that's about it...

I'm not even going to front...I have never heard a Marco Polo album. Maybe if he starts working with some west coast artists.

I'm a fan of Planet Asia. We've worked on stuff before it's just never fully developed. Out west I would love to work with Dilated Peoples, Kendrick, Jay Rock, Vince Staples, Dom Kennedy....

Now that's an album I'd love to hear...

Partial IP: 97.213.158

W!CkEd22

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 2:58:55 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for W!CkEd22   Click Here to Email W!CkEd22

^The fuck?! It ain't about any coasts, br0. HipHop is worldwide and dope HipHop is dope HipHop regardless where it's from. I never get people who are so specific like "I only listen to and support West Coast HipHop" or East Coast HipHop. If you're a true a HipHop head then you listen to and support anything dope and real regardless where in this world it's from. Act like you already know...

Partial IP: 137.242.15

The NWS

Total Posts: 1561
posted Friday, September 25, 2015 3:07:12 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for The NWS
ur the douchbag loser that hates on southern rap for no other reason than where it came from. cool story tho bro.

thinking that hip hop is worldwide is about as stupid as you thinking you've grown up. east and west have never had any similarities in sound or subject matter and never will.

Partial IP: 97.213.158

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Friday, September 25, 2015 6:34:27 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
I had to dip out a half hour into the Q&A to head to Cheesecake Factory but this turned out really, really dope. I love when heads come on here and answer questions in-depth cause it shows they give a shit about the fans. Shit i might cop their album just based off the fact they came on here.

Few observations...

Nice to see them all have Kendrick on their AOTY list. Although it took me awhile to get around to bumping it, its legit.

They all seem to been heavy influenced by 90s east coast boom bap producers which for me are the best the genre had to offer.

Marco hopefully will drop those unreleased Droog tracks. Also shout out to Da Grassroots and Frankenstein. Canadian legends for me.

That's dope that Dopp directed their new video. Hopefully that means more collabs in the works.

Lulz at none of them knowing who Dumple is.

All in all id say this is another successful Q&A. In the last few months we've had L'Orange, Doppelgangaz, Meyhem Lauren, and now First Division + Marco Polo. Not too fucking shabby.

|=|

Total Posts: 1263
posted Friday, September 25, 2015 7:16:57 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for |=|
NWS, Port Authority has some serious heat on it. Don't sleep.

Partial IP: 08.143.160

All times are ET. The time now is 11:19 AM.Post viewed 2387 timesPage: 1 2
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: