UndergroundHipHop.com 12 Days of Christmas
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (28) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Tha God Fahim - Discography

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 49 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Tha God Fahim - Discography
dj rolo
posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:03:18 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
entire library on sale until monday....$11.11 for any album.

Partial IP: 62.144.146

Nassau William Senior

Total Posts: 2118
Location: Hot box, handsome on a hill, watchin' night lights stretch. A Los Angeles journalist like Fletch.
posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:08:14 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
who gives a shit.

rolo, if fahim gave you his entire discography on vinyl, cd and cassette, but you have to blow him and swallow...what's the over under in minutes til you gulp swallow?

Partial IP: 97.213.158

dj rolo

Total Posts: 2983
posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:11:10 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
you obviously do, you took the time to write some hatin-ass commentary, so you def shaken by it

btw, and i already have it all ...does that make you mad? i bet it does sissy

tippi dink

Total Posts: 5123
posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:12:43 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i'll admit, i never would have expected fahim to do something like this. good shit.

funny, we were just talking about what would happen if he were to change the prices at a later date a few weeks ago. you know this is gonna piss of some of the fans who spent thousands of dollars on his projects in the past.

Nassau William Senior

Total Posts: 2118
Location: Hot box, handsome on a hill, watchin' night lights stretch. A Los Angeles journalist like Fletch.
posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:14:09 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
sissy? good one...did you run out of using your favorite word, virgin?

rolo, are you still DJ'ing at the strip club? btw, when you pay her for sex, you're still a virgin in my book.

Partial IP: 97.213.158

Total Posts: 16695
posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:15:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
you know this is gonna piss of some of the fans who spent thousands of dollars on his projects in the past.

yeah, i'd probably pretty annoyed, if i were one of those people.

this is cool, though. can finally get dump legend 2 in its entirety, rather than just the tracks from it he put on dump goat. looks like he didn't include the first dump legend in this sale, though. it's still sitting at $1000. probably because it's physical only, whereas this sale is digital release focused. oh well.

Seme__one

Total Posts: 1287
posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:20:09 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
just not down to buy digital releases sad face

no mask

Total Posts: 7934
posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:28:46 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^yeah- no dump legend 1 but still a solid move by fahim. I'm buying legend 2 even though it will be leaked within minutes. probably already up. lol

dr.prOf

Total Posts: 5836
posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:35:07 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dr.prOf   Click Here to Email dr.prOf
Anyone else find this hilarious? Imagine buying several projects for 200$ a pop and then seeing them go for free/11$ just 2 weeks later. Lol

posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:35:53 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
yeah, that would really suck.

no mask

posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:36:46 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^its funny but it isnt. pure cold hustle.

RhymesVidz

Total Posts: 2
posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:37:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for RhymesVidz
now only missing Dump Legend

Seme__one

posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:44:53 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
Anyone else find this hilarious? Imagine buying several projects for 200$ a pop and then seeing them go for free/11$ just 2 weeks later. Lol

^ he really is the Dump Gawd, he shit hard on his most loyal fans

posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:46:11 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
but i'm guessing the people that paid the higher amount didn't just get the digital versions. so they still have some sort of exclusivity that the people buying the $11 digital version don't have. i know that, for collectors, owning the actual physical item is what makes it worth the money to them. if not, people wouldn't spend hundreds on out of print albums that you can download for free in two minutes. so i'm guessing the people who spent the higher amount might be a little annoyed at first, but will reassure themselves that they have the physical copies that no one else has. which is fine. if that matters to someone, there's nothing wrong with that. to each his own.

which is why i think the way fahim should release his music going forward is to put out just the physical version of the album first at a high price, and then put out the digital version something like a month or two later, at a reasonable price. that way, you're getting the good money from the collectors and you're pleasing them by granting them exclusivity of a limited edition item (as well as first listen), and you're also pleasing everyone else, by releasing the project to them at a reasonable price. he could potentially make money off both groups, if he did it that way, rather than just make money off the collectors. because if both the physical and digital prices are hella high, the average person will just bootleg D/L it, but they might be willing to spend $11 for the digital version, if that option were made available to them, as i've suggested. i don't think releasing an $11 digital version would hurt the higher priced CD copy that the collectors are buying. because they're collectors. they love rare, limited edition stuff.

tippi dink

posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:51:10 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
didn't fahim have expensive albums that were digital only with no physicals available, or was that just mach?

that's exactly what i've been saying since the beginning 88, it's a win/win for everyone. the die-hard collectors get their rare/limited physicals, the rest of the fans get to hear the music and support fahim, and fahim gets more money and exposure, which could lead to new fans being interested in buying his expensive physical releases in the future.

dr.prOf

posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:51:28 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dr.prOf   Click Here to Email dr.prOf
I find 88's plan hard to argue with. Hope fahim read that

Loewi

Total Posts: 4498
posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:52:58 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Loewi
Great point 88

posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 3:58:14 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
yeah, tippi. it would please the physical collectors, while also making it possible for new fans to hear him, whereas the past strategy of it all being hella high priced completely blocks any chances of gaining new fans.

i think fahim might be reading our virgin essays, tippi. even if he doesn't agree with it all, it seems like he might be reading it, since we've been basically having one super long discussion back and forth about the pricing in all the fahim threads. i could be wrong. could be a coincidence that he's lowered the digital prices for his most recent releases, and has also put on this sale. who knows.

i think fahim should make this sale a permanent one, in terms of the digital versions. forget ending it on monday. just leave the digitals at $11 from here on out. more accessibility = more chance of new listeners. that's kind of the whole concept of the radio, which is a tried and true thing.

Seme__one

posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 4:11:53 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
I get your'e point 88'

I am a physical collector......BUT I would be fuckin' pissed if I paid $1000 for a CD and now its digital for $11...

it wouldn't be the item I thought I was buying, as it would've been far more exclusive without loads of other peeps having it digitally and that's what I would have thought I was buying

I guess the question is how many of those who brought the CD for the higher price would have chosen a download instead thats nearly $1000 cheaper?

I don't buy into a CD' especially from a pretty unknown artist being worth $1000, even very rare vinyl is mostly way, way ,way under that price

I think you would have to be nuts to have brought it for that price in the first place, so going with the logic its not a rational buyer in the first place maybe they are cool with it......but I highly doubt it!

Is he an idiot, what a way to build a fanbase!

Still I guess now at least its easier to tour, instead of playing to the fans that copped the CD's, maybe getting 5 or 6 guys all in a room from all the various locations of the buyers to have a show now he will now get more fans so touring is now an option

but seriously, does anyone really think this guys moves are the way forward for a new artist????

and I saw some cheap merch looking t shirts are on there for $50....this guys marketing and PR is crazy!

tippi dink

posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 4:14:06 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
for sure. people have argued in the past that if the projects were available digitally for a regular price then the physicals wouldn't sell or would take "too long" to sell, but if he did that it would give more people the opportunity to hear his music in the first place and possibly buy his next album on cd for $300 or whatever he changed. the majority of people who buy music in the first place would never purchase an album they've never heard before and no idea if they'll even like.

it's like what homeboy sandman said about oddisee in this article

"What basis can there be for knocking his music for not selling, when the overwhelming majority of consumers havenít even had an opportunity to listen to it in the first place?

Getting people to hear Oddisee is way tougher than getting them to buy his music once they have."

i wouldn't be surprised if fahim has been taking our criticism into consideration though, obviously there's no way to know for sure unless he admits it himself but we all know he reads the forums regularly.

SC1989

Total Posts: 1701
posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 4:14:28 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for SC1989
Il still steal all his shit cause the man is Bill Gates Ballingggg.
2 Weeks late a Week Later his music is on youtube soundcloud.Soo no idea why fools pay so much for this Cormegaman Lite.
Has anyone seenn Thaaaaa Gooddddddd Live?
Rolo has he done a skype show were you tip him to get a line or maybe he hit a pad on whatever he uses (Fl by the sound of that Oo Baby Loop) kinda like one them Cams hoes but for Bandcamp Emcees

posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 4:19:51 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
seme, when i say higher priced CD, i'm not recommending he keep the price way up at $1000. i agree with you. he could have it at $70 or $100 or something like that, though. those are more the prices i mean, when i say higher priced physicals.

however, people are actually buying those $1000 copies, so what am i to say about where he should price his physicals at? i just think the digitals should be kept to a reasonable price. maybe even put them on spotify. the only project by him that's on itunes is the giallo point project he did, and that's probably more because of giallo than fahim, since giallo recently switched to putting all his projects on itunes.

lol, i never noticed the fahim shirts. yeah, those could use an upgrade.

Seme__one

posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 4:35:42 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
^ no I agree, a more reasonably priced CD for his fans is a good idea, a deluxe version along with a regular

I just can't get where this guy is coming from, just how does he think this is benefitting his career as an artist? He used to have the CD's and digital priced sensibly, he just done a flip out and gone off on some crazy experiment, this is a new artist I would assume is trying to build a fanbase....not only that but the die hard rolo fans brought that shit and now he has gone and reduced it to normal levels again,really even if your'e a huge fan you gotta be pissed even if its just about the huge fuckery of it all, now a choice of $11.11 digital or a $1000 CD', I mean really you would have to be an idiot to shell out for the CD, this guy is an unknown chances of his CD's EVER really being worth $1000 not a hope....but as I said in the other thread there is one born every minute, and I guess an item is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it but this whole strategy seems to be an error

bad marketing moves and way to shit on fans

posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 4:37:40 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
tbh, in 2017, physical sales shouldn't be as high a priority as online exposure. even if you're selling physicals for $1000 right now, it won't matter in the long run, if the same effort is also preventing exposure to new fans. in the long run, increasing the fanbase is what will keep your career going, and, therefore, keep your pockets full.

Seme__one

posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 4:38:30 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
for the record I am a fan of the music, I was going to pick up all his CD's I had em' carted but was going to leave it until the weekend to pull the trigger...literally the next day he had his "pricing fit"

I wasn't mad, I just didn't see the sense in it

Seme__one

posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 4:43:25 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
increasing the fanbase is what will keep your career going, and, therefore, keep your pockets full.

^totally co sign....you gotta wonder why he made his digital discog $24k, what was he thinking on how to get new fans with shit like that?

he needs to go back to the basics maybe repair the damage he has done, it would be cool if he offered the guys who did buy the overpriced hype some exclusive shit, maybe a cd or something

the whole episode reflects on him badly at the moment

only sensible thing he has done so far is this "sale"

'95 Source Awards

Total Posts: 19
posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 5:32:50 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for '95 Source Awards
Anyone get their Dump Legend 2 and Dump Gawd Episode 4 on CD in the mail yet? Still waiting.

dj rolo

posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:22:29 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
'95 Source Awards, what have you already received and what are you missing (physicals)?

'95 Source Awards

posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:30:06 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for '95 Source Awards
Those are the only two CD's I've ordered from Fahim that haven't arrived. Everything else I've ever ordered from him in the past has arrived: Dark Shogunn 2, Iron Monkey, Dreams Of Medina 1 and 2.

'95 Source Awards

posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:32:39 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for '95 Source Awards
You still waiting on the Dump Legend 2 and Episode 4 CD's Rolo?

dj rolo

posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 7:38:10 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
he has yet to release those 2, but i ask because there were others dropped before those 2 titles and was curious as to if you copped or not

Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 37917
posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 9:16:30 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Smart move. It does make me wonder if he takes suggestions from the forum lulz. I doubt we'll ever know for sure but, as tippi said, the topic of his pricing has been discussed to no end on here.

He said on Twitter yesterday that he's not going on tour unless he gets paid big bucks.

Looking forward to peeping Dump Legend 2.

Partial IP: 73.63.89.4

Razuu

Total Posts: 174
posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 10:02:19 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Razuu
I wonder what's on Dump Legend haha

Razuu

Total Posts: 174
posted Thursday, September 21, 2017 10:06:27 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Razuu
Also, are these guys not working with August Fanon any more?

no mask

posted Friday, September 22, 2017 4:13:16 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
he posts here. hes obviously watching and effected by what was said on here about prices. would bet on it. maybe HHB too.

Paper Piff And Polo

Total Posts: 712
posted Saturday, September 23, 2017 1:35:22 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Paper Piff And Polo
Dude obviously needs money otherwise he would be content selling them for the original price. Now its 90% cheaper? Ouch! Lol

LEX718

Total Posts: 687
posted Saturday, September 23, 2017 8:14:16 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for LEX718
I think the kid is smart. He built all this buzz around himself with the audacity of his pricing methods, then went ahead and released his last 3 digital projects for a $11.11 which everyone saw as a steal considering the prices of his previous releases, so they copped. Then he noticed those doing more sales and figured a lot of the people willing to purchase at that price point didn't but his other albums and gave them a short window to catch up on his catalog.

If he had set the price to all his stuff at 11 bucks I doubt he would have created the hype and mystique around his rapidly growing discography. I doubt he'd have as many people trying to collect his entire catalog. There would be less people looking at grabbing the 10 albums they missed as a bargain compared to the standard price of 1. It becomes a clearance event. And as evidenced by those of us who post here, it keeps people talking. Dude has an unorthodox business model but you can't say it doesn't work.

dj rolo

posted Saturday, September 23, 2017 10:50:17 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
he got 3 more tapes dropping simultaneously very, very soon...stay tuned

no mask

posted Saturday, September 23, 2017 11:17:50 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^how do you know. oh right, your stalking him. peekin in his studio window. lol

dj rolo

posted Saturday, September 23, 2017 3:01:39 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
^this kid is literally obsessed with me and proves it daily

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Saturday, September 23, 2017 10:44:30 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Yo Lex that's what I've been saying. Dude gets at least a thread made about him weekly damn near always going at least 2-3 pages. A lot of the discussion isn't even about the album itself but the pricing of his albums, his ego, etc. His short term business strategy has proven to be smart so far. Only time will tell in terms of long term if it'll continue to work.

dr.prOf

posted Sunday, September 24, 2017 12:20:43 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dr.prOf   Click Here to Email dr.prOf
It kinda got him on the map, no? Or at least around here. I'm trying to think of when heads started to discuss him/when his threads started becoming double pages

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Sunday, September 24, 2017 7:23:31 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
^It was a combination of his pricing and him dropping releases monthly and at times bi-monthly.

lex718

Total Posts: 687
posted Sunday, September 24, 2017 11:48:08 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for lex718
Yep.. and let's not front, the relationship to Mach Hommy/early GxFR is a major factor as well.

Seme__one

posted Monday, September 25, 2017 4:17:50 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
yes and lets not forget rolo relentless promotion, but after all he is from fahims camp

weird fahim himself stopped posting and then rolo picked up the torch

no mask

posted Monday, September 25, 2017 5:15:43 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^thought the same- cold be fahim.

no mask

posted Monday, September 25, 2017 5:40:23 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^and the way hes always the first to know about fahims releases/other details like the discograpgy blowout, defending high prices, buying expensive releases. maybe rolo is a plant. fahim or paid.

dj rolo

posted Monday, September 25, 2017 7:31:27 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
^life is completely engulfed by me ...crazy

posted Tuesday, September 26, 2017 7:00:02 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
it's tuesday, and the sale is still on. permanent?

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Tuesday, September 26, 2017 8:52:48 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx

All times are ET. The time now is 12:01 PM.Post viewed 1201 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: