Return To UndergroundHipHop.com Homepage

Back To Starting Page
Click Here For More Info On The Planet Asia & TzariZM Album!
Advertise On UGHH
Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (615) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Chuuwee + J Dilla

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 9 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Chuuwee + J Dilla

Total Posts: 6311
posted Saturday, September 01, 2012 6:03:05 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
chuuwee's coming out with a j dilla tribute project, ch3z!!?...chill!!!, where i'm assuming he'll be going in over dilla beats throughout, and here's a video from it;

Partial IP: 126.216.49

succio bsbd

Total Posts: 1734
posted Saturday, September 01, 2012 8:16:02 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for succio bsbd
lookin forward to that

Partial IP: 0.131.8.98

kraze evolved

Total Posts: 5733
posted Saturday, September 01, 2012 8:29:32 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for kraze evolved   Click Here to Email kraze evolved
album/mixtape has been out for a while. unless its a new project, with the same name "ch3z". but anyway chuuwee' the man, lookin foward to more work from dude. he's one of the best current mc's imo.

Partial IP: 231.243.85

posted Sunday, September 02, 2012 1:48:00 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
i think it's a new project. this video just came out, from what i understand, and it was detailed as the second single to his next project. maybe i'm wrong, i don't know. has this cat williams song been around for a long time?

kraze evolved

Total Posts: 5733
posted Sunday, September 02, 2012 6:51:33 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for kraze evolved   Click Here to Email kraze evolved
i hope its a new projet. i think it is, cuz i dont remember anything about dilla on the other ch3z album.

chuuwee's the man.

Partial IP: .231.241.9

lightworkz

Total Posts: 1624
posted Monday, September 03, 2012 11:16:34 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for lightworkz
hell fuckin yea

Partial IP: .80.30.202

posted Monday, September 03, 2012 4:03:00 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
yeah, it's got to be a new one, because the info i read that came with this video said that it was the 2nd single for a full dilla tribute project by chuuwee. going to be nice. hopefully the sound's not all over the place like crown me king...

succio bsbd

Total Posts: 1734
posted Tuesday, September 04, 2012 4:17:51 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for succio bsbd
I agree about reusing beats, but its better than another attempt at remaking illmatic

Partial IP: 0.131.8.98

posted Tuesday, September 04, 2012 10:18:59 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
this is a precursor to his album, wildstyle, which should be out this year. he's just dropping quickstrike projects like this and chez to keep heads interested before the album drops. all his favourite beats are probably being saved for the album. and, as an album warm up, why not use beats you know everyone already likes? then, when you got everyone's attention, then you drop your album with some dope original beats, and actually get some results.

Partial IP: 06.242.123

posted Tuesday, September 04, 2012 2:35:04 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
i think it's a better idea to put out projects with re-used beats before you put out an official album, then to put out original material before an official album. that's how rappers used to do it 5 to 10 years ago, but now guys are putting out street albums before their retail albums. it's like back in the mid 2000s, when people were putting out "official mixtapes", which made no sense.

look at j.cole; he put out albums for free, before his debut - full albums - and when he put out his debut, there was disappointment, because it was on the same level as the albums he had put out for free. it's a weird issue, because a rapper puts everything he has in to these free albums, in order to get hype and credit, but then puts out an "official album" and there's disappointment, no matter how good it is, because it's not better than the free albums released previously, but how could it be, when the artist was putting all they had in to the free albums? how could they put more than all they had in to their official album, so as to make it better than their free albums, especially when you consider that they have to deal with labels and politics for their official albums?

i remember, j.cole was saying that his official album will be on the next level, compared to what he'd released beforehand. j.cole's not the only one, though. kendrick lamar's doing the same thing, as we speak. he said his new album will be some next level shit, and that he hasn't shown himself in full stride yet, but i bet his album will be at about the same level as section.80. maybe not, but i'd make that bet, if i had to. chuuwee's wildstyle will probably be on the same level as crown me king and watching the throne.

Partial IP: 06.242.123

All times are ET. The time now is 4:39 AM.Post viewed 648 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: