Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (62) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Hypothetical Question For The Older Heads

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 11 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Hypothetical Question For The Older Heads
9timesoutof10

Total Posts: 70
posted Monday, March 20, 2017 3:53:26 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 9timesoutof10
If you could grab a few of your favourite albums from the last few years, jump in a time machine and go back to the mid nineties. Would your younger you be feeling the stuff you are listening to now?

Partial IP: .86.88.185

WiCkEd22

Total Posts: 35772
Location: SF Bay Area www,twitter,com/BayAreaWicked audiomack,com/artist/wicked22 www,hulkshare,com/wicked22
posted Monday, March 20, 2017 4:17:08 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for WiCkEd22   Click Here to Email WiCkEd22

Yes 100% because what I listen to is 100 proof authentic real HipHop that represents HipHop Music & Culture. Ain't nothin changed for me since 1987/88 to now.

Imagine some of the older heads on here takin some Trap Music or drumless Folk Rap crap back in time. smh

Partial IP: 7.77.92.47

LEX718

Total Posts: 459
posted Monday, March 20, 2017 4:19:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for LEX718
Yeah. I think some of it might get swept aside now due to the oversaturation of artists but would likely be regarded as some "next shit" if I listened to it then. There are some incredible MCs left like Midaz the Beast and Spit Gemz who tend to drop very impressive verses on the regular.

Partial IP: .48.33.100

8 diagrams

Total Posts: 1446
Location: "Please mommy, let me rap, i promise to buy you a new house when i blow" - eseph
posted Monday, March 20, 2017 4:21:46 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 8 diagrams
Drake would be dope in the 90s

Partial IP: 2.58.91.89

9timesoutof10

posted Monday, March 20, 2017 4:22:01 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 9timesoutof10
So wicked what you're saying is if you didn't know you wouldn't be able to tell it wasn't from that era?

9timesoutof10

posted Monday, March 20, 2017 4:27:14 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 9timesoutof10
So all the albums that claim to have that "90s boom bap sound". Would you be able to tell it wasn't actually from that time frame if you played in say, 1995?

WiCkEd22

Total Posts: 35772
Location: SF Bay Area www,twitter,com/BayAreaWicked audiomack,com/artist/wicked22 www,hulkshare,com/wicked22
posted Monday, March 20, 2017 4:32:28 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for WiCkEd22   Click Here to Email WiCkEd22

There's definitely some albums from recent years that could pass for coming out in the 90s. I think most you'd be able to tell as they just seem INFLUENCED by the 90s, not made to sound like they came out in the 90s.

And LOL AT this moron Observe. Drake sounds like garbage no matter what not to mention he has ZERO to do with HipHop. FOH!!

Partial IP: 7.77.92.47

Total Posts: 15488
posted Monday, March 20, 2017 4:35:26 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
i think it would work out, because i haven't changed at all, since i was just a 12yr old. just like wicked admitted above, i am glad to declare that adulthood has had a weak affect on my maturity. the foolish little boy in me would love the music i'm listening to now, because it's the same music he loved to listen to. our tastes are one and the same, because i have failed to take any agency in my own life by growing up. i am proud to have not changed one bit, in years and years of life. i am not a boring, wasted opportunity of a manchild. not at all.

Partial IP: 123.195.66

tippi dink

Total Posts: 3416
posted Monday, March 20, 2017 4:45:46 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i'd definitely like some of it but i'm sure there would be a bunch of music i wouldn't like at all. i don't like this question at all to be honest.

i mean, it's not like i just woke up one day and all of the sudden appreciated different styles of music or subgenres. it's been a process. it's something that's been happening gradually throughout my entire life. my taste right now is the culmination of every song, artist, album, sound, etc that i've heard up to this point. i don't really see how i could have made that jump from point a to point g without ever learning to appreciate what b, c, d, e, or f had to offer.

as a music fan, my taste has changed and evolved over time just by being exposed to different sounds, textures, instruments, arrangements and ideas. there's music that i heard 10 years ago that i just started to really appreciate within the last couple years, and there's also music i used to really like that i barely even listen to anymore and when i do it's mainly just for nostalgic value.

Partial IP: 10.182.246

fool blast

Total Posts: 1712
posted Monday, March 20, 2017 7:54:37 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for fool blast
your fav music is generally whatever was out when you were in high school.

i'm not even super old, just turned 36, but this era looks like a mess. i was thinking the other day how Digital Underground - No Nose Job was a hit song, but it'd look weird if it came out now cause Everything's so fake. even some artists' success seems manufactured, chicks walking around w/ fake basketball asses, etc.

but theres still some good stuff out there. the worst shit to me is when artists try to replicate the 90s & thats their whole thing, like the stuff wicked promotes is all garbage to me. but yeah, roc marciano, your old droog, the last cormega album would've been good in any era. and mainstream artists like future, big sean are good at what they do.

Partial IP: 181.147.69

Seme__one

Total Posts: 966
Location: I'm an UGGHie' he's an UGHHie' She's an UGHHie' we some UGHHIes would you like to be an UGHHie too?
posted Tuesday, March 21, 2017 5:08:40 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
good question, I would say no, some of the stuff my younger self would see as weak

its down to maturity as an adult, I still like the stuff my teenage self liked, but my taste has broadened and I can appreciate other genres and other good music in general, I would say I was a bit more limited when younger

I guess its called growing up. I have always liked good music especially Hip Hop. I dunno tho' maybe my younger self would dig it.....he was/is a cool guy

Partial IP: 47.217.221

Joelembiid141

Total Posts: 6
posted Friday, March 24, 2017 12:37:32 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Joelembiid141
If you can get chess weirdos jonwayne and crackhead afdict eminem and hustling macklemore to stop appropriating black mans music

Partial IP: 2.98.87.95

All times are ET. The time now is 2:43 AM.Post viewed 535 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: