Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (60) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Who Would You Rather Manage, Observe Or Crumple???

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 38 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Who Would You Rather Manage, Observe Or Crumple???

Total Posts: 16167
posted Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:04:13 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
i just finished the first season of atlanta. if you don't know, that show's about donald glover's character becoming the manager for his rapping cousin, and all the shenanigans they get in to. it's pretty good.

anyway, gun to your head, if you had to be the manager for observe or crumple, who would you choose? and why?

and don't give the annoying "neither" response. you MUST choose between one of these two guys. if you can't choose, just be an adult about it and don't respond.

Partial IP: 123.195.66

dr.prof

Total Posts: 5572
posted Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:08:09 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dr.prof   Click Here to Email dr.prof
Lmfao. Crumple all day, dude would be fun as fuck to work with and would take it way more seriously.
Observe has alot of potential as a rapper but that boy dont give a fuuuuck

ATL is a doap show btw

Partial IP: .221.69.74

8 diagrams

Total Posts: 1446
Location: "Please mommy, let me rap, i promise to buy you a new house when i blow" - eseph
posted Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:08:27 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 8 diagrams
I knew about 20 minutes you would make a thread about me becuz you cant handle the ether😅;😅;😅;

Triggered

Partial IP: .25.137.19

dr.prof

posted Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:11:37 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dr.prof   Click Here to Email dr.prof
"Observe im here with the limo, are you ready to go to your show we're late"

"Cancel the show im not performing for those cacs, naruto is on"

posted Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:11:38 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
oh, also, if you were their manager, what would you want them to change? for example, i'd get both to change their names, because admiral crumple and nightstone aren't really good names to market. again, don't be annoying; don't say "everything" or anything stupid like that. be sincere. what would you want them to change?

posted Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:12:28 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
karim, this thread could be a career changer. take it serious.

dan issel 2 inch vertical

Total Posts: 331
Location: When people use secondary accounts and proxies i grow more powerful
posted Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:23:47 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dan issel 2 inch vertical

i look at it from a lecherous standpoint
at least observe can pull the thick yt fanbase willing to do anything for a no-name wrap act and his manager
who wants to fuck a smoked out crumple groupie ???

Partial IP: 66.87.76.0

dr.prof

posted Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:25:01 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dr.prof   Click Here to Email dr.prof
Karim would only be allowed to rap over dam funk beats or similar warm westcoast production and we would hire him some ghost writers

Crumple would be the next wave in the #sadboys movement. I would find him some yung gud or other cloud rap production, change his name to Ray Liotta, and let him do his thhing

amun1ra1ptah

Total Posts: 3481
posted Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:25:04 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for amun1ra1ptah
I think crumple would be easier to manage and he would smoke dank bud with me and be more chill

Partial IP: 4.74.92.35

Mental Patient UGHH Artist

Total Posts: 3285
posted Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:32:37 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mental Patient
Lol excellent thread.

If a manager could manage to get me 60 shows a year where I get paid $1000 for each I'd do it.

The rest of the year I'd be recording music and making tonnes of music videos.

I would have hotel after parties after each show, and after the work da kush would be in the air!

The whole time getting mo shows and mo money mo money.

I would still keep the end game in perspective. Donating more money each year to Toronto's covenant house.

I would also make hip hop magic happen...like perform on SNL with Kool Keith and make comedy skit videos with big time rappers!

Ahh the possibilities!

Partial IP: .114.52.73

8 diagrams

Location: "Please mommy, let me rap, i promise to buy you a new house when i blow" - eseph
posted Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:41:13 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 8 diagrams
See crumple is just gonna spend all the managers money on hotel parties each show. Not a good choice. While I will go eat thai and come home

Partial IP: .25.137.19

wIcKeD 22.2

Total Posts: 2424
posted Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:46:01 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for wIcKeD 22.2   Click Here to Email wIcKeD 22.2
Attn: recumbent_god you should manage crumple. Surely you can get him 60 shows and $60,000.

Partial IP: .6.218.166

|=|

Total Posts: 1205
posted Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:47:26 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for |=|
Observe. I think he has more raw talent (strictly just my opinion of course). Crumple has his work ethic and grind, so you can't hate, but that same point also shows Observe needs a manager more. Someone to keep him focused and grinding.

All shenanigans aside, when I was "working" with Observe on that "mixtape", he was actually quite easy to work with. He was responsive and appreciative of the help. He's also very critical of his sound (in a good way) and when he does focus, he can grind it out. He just needs help with staying focused on the grind.

Partial IP: 05.254.148

BOMBfire

Total Posts: 1333
posted Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:48:50 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for BOMBfire
di2iv is correct. whoever has the hotter groupies would be the pick so i choose *******

Partial IP: .199.7.170

8 diagrams

posted Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:48:56 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 8 diagrams
Thanks

Partial IP: 2.58.92.25

posted Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:50:40 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
Crump showing up! Damn. Lol.

It's actually a really tough question for me. I just got home from work, and got shit to do, so i'll come up with an answer to the op tomorrow.

Partial IP: .3.177.176

posted Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:56:44 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mental Patient
Observe we will double headline. You can have Thai, and the hotel! We can film fun videos with DA ladies as well.

I just won't be drinking or doing hard drugs.

Groupies can get googly eyed on whatever tho.

Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 37335
posted Wednesday, April 19, 2017 8:09:23 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
As long as Karim signs a contract stating that he's going to take his meds throughout the entire tenure of me managing him then it'd be Karim.

If not then all bets are off and i go with less talent but easier to handle/more stable with Crumps.

Partial IP: 242.189.89

posted Wednesday, April 19, 2017 8:30:04 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mental Patient
Lol, this thread is hilarious. Btw, I have been and still am 100% up to do a track with Observe. I'd produce it as well. Liotta on the track too!

Not to dies, but was Liotta not Chicago pre- Chief Keef and G Herbo? (I like both of them)

Liotta would come through with melting white Mercedes Benz drop top rhymes!

posted Wednesday, April 19, 2017 9:54:50 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
I got to shout out eseph. I forgot to include him as the third option, but it's too late now. Next time.

Partial IP: .3.177.176

SC1989

Total Posts: 1509
posted Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:03:22 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for SC1989
Crumple.Fuck working with a crackhead who puts flav to shame

Partial IP: 29.165.105

posted Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:29:35 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mental Patient
Ouch, swipe at Flav? I saw hip flip out at a video show host once live.

His Eric Andre appearance was great

Bluestratoss

Total Posts: 594
posted Thursday, April 20, 2017 2:44:57 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Bluestratoss
I'd manage Crump. I'd get him a clothing endorsement deal on some all weather leather country man gloves and shit.

I'd also do a deal with horse and hound magazine and have a free cd put on the front so the readers can hear the model as they read and plan their next outing, these magazine readers got major money too so Crump would get a lot of sales,

I'd also get Edan to fully produce an album for Crump sampling captain beef heart music only, and the album will be called Captain Crumple the Admiral Model and will only be available on neon yellow vinyl

Partial IP: .44.11.247

Seme__one

Total Posts: 1175
posted Thursday, April 20, 2017 5:26:33 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
Crump all day long.........

just changing observe diapers would be such a pain

at least Crump tries unlike observes "career" which tbh at his age 39, isn't really on track to say the least

Partial IP: 144.15.131

Bluestratoss

posted Thursday, April 20, 2017 7:46:05 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Bluestratoss
I forgot to mention the name of this Edan produced album would be no-beefheart. As the Crump is all heart and not about war and beef

eseph84

Total Posts: 5693
Location: Cleveland www,es1koosh,bandcamp,com www,soundcloud,com/essential1 eseph84 on discogs
posted Thursday, April 20, 2017 8:14:04 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
lol at all this, yall are hilarious

i'll do more than manage crump

in fact, check your email im sending over a contract to be on dui records

liotta might sign too..

gentle u wanna be down?

Partial IP: .56.89.154

posted Thursday, April 20, 2017 12:52:16 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
i think, from a business perspective, karim is the better choice:

- arguably more talented
- lives in a more appropriate location, which would make networking easier
- is half black (sorry, but being white hurts crump in this, if we're being real about our business)
- has a more interesting life, which means he potentially has a more interesting/marketable voice, whereas crumple's just an ex-drug addict white guy from the suburbs (don't mean to seem like i'm shitting on crump here, just stating the optics)
- has a strong social media presence - hate him or love him, he takes a side on an argument, which is way easier to get behind than someone who's undecided, and is also a lot easier to engage with
- has a stronger and more divisive character/charisma, which would be a lot easier to market (see: ice cube's "it's the n*gger you love to hate")

the problems with karim are his mental health and his ambition/priorities. the good thing about that, though, is, as someone said above, that's partly what a manger's there for. crumple has way more hustle and ambition for his rap career than karim does. however, i think it'd be way easier to light a fire under the ass of a talented emcee with less ambition and, as a manger, do the hustle to get him some work; versus, trying to get work for an ambitious but untalented emcee. i mean, if crump's own ambition hasn't helped him overcome his (relatively speaking) lack of talent, than what can a manager do to help? work and hustle can only go so far if the raw skill isn't there.

in both cases, i think managing them would be really hard, but also really fun. there would undoubtedly be lots of memorable shenanigans in both cases.

for things i'd change:

karim - i'd get him to change his rap name, because observe and nightstone are both pretty forgettable/uncatchy. i'd stay close to him to make sure to keep him in check, whenever his mental health caused problems. honestly, i'd probably get a place with him, so he can get a fresh start in a new place, and not be bogged down. have a place to keep his mind clear and undistracted. i'd keep a close eye on his relationships and social media activity, for the sake of preventing potential stress causers. i'd try to find him a mentor to improve his songwriting skills. karim has bars, but more in a freestyle way. real songs make real money, so i'd try to help karim improve his abilities to write real songs/hits. if that didn't improve, maybe we'd bring in a producer to develop the song, and bring in someone else - R&B singer, perhaps - to write the hooks, so karim could just focus on doing what he does best: writing the verses. although, i think, before that, a good start would be to put out a mixtape in the traditional sense, letting karim just go hampf on other rapper's famous beats. long story short, the things i'd really focus on with karim would be keeping him cool and composed, and doing whatever needed to be done to let him just focus in on doing his thing without having to worry about or get overhwelmed with all the other shit.

crumple - just like observe, crumple needs a name change. in fact, i'd give crumps a complete revamp: name, look, style. right now, crump's an overly positive ex-drug addict white guy who likes like a serial killer. i don't even mean that jokingly. and, thinking about that image, who wants to listen to that? a born again ex-drug addict? what about that sounds appealing to the average fan? so i'd have him change his style. i'd either take away his social media activity of make him change his use of it, because right now he's always superficially positive, which either comes off as fake or untrustworthy. the thing about observe is, in most cases, he takes a side and commits to it. even if you disagree with him, you know you're actually disagreeing with him, and, therefore, can actually engage with him. when crumple talks online, it doesn't seem like he's being honest. it's all superficial. that'd have to change, because, if the fan doesn't know who you are, they don't care about you. from there, we'd have to get crumps some momentum by relocating him. people associate ontario music right now with drake and the weeknd, so crumple's a fish out of water there. crump would need to gain some momentum, but, honestly, it all depends on the artist revamp, and i can't really predict past that, because that could go any way. i'd probably bring in someone to consult on the revamp and find crump a new angle. something missing from the game that crump could take on. i wish i could say more, but it all depends on the makeover, so there's not much to say past that.

posted Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:07:39 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
observe's image could use more clarity too, though. for both observe and crumple, the question, "who is he?", needs to be clarified from a fan perspective. what's their angle. they don't need to live by that angle their whole career, but you got to start with one, because that's what sells (and i don't just mean financially). once an angle is established and accepted by the fans, the artist can take it from there and evolve their sound.

but you can't get fans, if your angle isn't clear as day to them. in other words, get an angle, but don't rely completely on the angle. every long-lasting artist in pop culture that we know based on their angle (i.e. carrot top is a red headed dude that uses props) has a lot of talent behind that angle. the angle catches your attention, but the talent keeps you in your seat. an angle is short term, but they work to get attention. then you got to back it up with talent. if you just have talent, you won't get the fans' attention. if you just have an angle, you'll only have their attention for a week, and then you'll disappear. the sweet spot to finding long lasting fan attention is a mixture of both a unique angle and real talent to back it up. at the end of the day, i'd pick karim because he has the harder part to acquire, talent. however, his angle needs to be further clarified, or else he's just another talented rapper, and there are literally thousands of those.

Seme__one

Total Posts: 1175
posted Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:46:38 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
I would imagine if observe dropped his racist troll persona he may get on a bit better in life in general

I just don't think he can shift records just acting like a cunt.

But he could still turn things around, although as he himself has pointed out numerous times he is getting a bit too old and to start a career at 40 and achieve much in Hip Hop.....I dunno I think he has missed his window....by about 20 years

Partial IP: 144.15.131

posted Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:58:04 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
how old is crump? i honestly have no idea, based on his photos. random guess: 34?

posted Thursday, April 20, 2017 2:05:58 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
i think observe could get away with the age thing. he doesn't look that old in his best photos, and doesn't act that old. i don't know.

with crump, of all the popular groups, i think the best chance for crump would be to go after the doppelgangaz fanbase. if this were some weird game show where you showed me aspiring rappers and asked me what popular group/rapper i'd bet they're affiliated with, and then you showed me crump, i'd probably guess that he's a doppgang affiliate (lol, crazy scenario, i know). so, as crump's manager, maybe one thing to do would be to get him to make a mixtape, only using doppgang beats. see where that goes. maybe even reach out to dopp gang. they're pretty chill guys, so getting them to hop on a feature on the tape might even be possible.

Phatbeets

Total Posts: 11383
Location: While everyone was looking up at the sun, i was looking at the birds and cats and insects going cray
posted Thursday, April 20, 2017 2:08:34 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Phatbeets
assuming AND REALLY ONLY ASSUMING I would be someone that would need to wash money (-> steeze Walter White in Breaking bad)
means I wouldn't care about profit loosing money than crumpet all day every day.

Only thing is, if he would come high on meth at me (like he regularly does) I would tell him to kindly gtfoh..

Partial IP: 212.95.211

posted Friday, April 21, 2017 1:55:35 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mental Patient
Bluestratoss - Slow clap once again. Out of everyone here so far I'd let you manage me based on that!

You know Captain Beefheart? Well then you know your music!

88 - My image is that of an ex-drug addict white guy from the suburbs? All my talk is superficial?

I'm 35 years old. Born on December 6, 1981.

88 "just finished the first season of atlanta." and thinks he can manage a rapper towards success?

Quite spooky. I was born and raised in Rexdale/Toronto. Look it up. I'm not even going to say anymore. What do I have to prove to someone online? My fans know who I am, where I'm from and where I'm going.

Sorry man. The only way I'd have someone manage me is if they can manage me better than I can. I managed to record a track independently with my favorite rapper Kool Keith at only 24 years old, got in Vice Magazine twice, built relationships with rappers that I'm still cool with. I have over 214,534 views on my youtube channel, I get paid off my art, and I'm happy about God, cupcakes and brunettes

The Death Catchetz album is impeccable. Watch for new videos from it, and wait until I release my next album in 2019! I already have a tonne of new samples and new song ideas! Blaowe!

If you do want to manage someone in the entertainment industry - all the best to you 88, for real.

Partial IP: 4.114.50.4

Bluestratoss

posted Friday, April 21, 2017 2:37:37 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Bluestratoss
Word up Crump the Edan produced album will bring captain no-beefheart down on these suckers, edan will make that shit no no-drums and the drums will be really crispy just like the dollar bills you'll be folding from the readers of horse and hound magazine who buy the album.

posted Friday, April 21, 2017 1:39:48 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mental Patient
Bluestratoss - Absolutely hilarious. I like the way you write!

Partial IP: .189.187.4

posted Friday, April 21, 2017 1:54:07 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
crump, in this hypothetical situation we have itt, you aren't just looking for yes men like bluestratoss, are you?

posted Friday, April 21, 2017 7:31:52 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mental Patient
I would work with a manager who would help progress all aspects of my career. I wouldn't deal with yes men. Blue isn't one, he's kicking jokes.

If a manager with no track record told me to change my music or image to the point I'd be uncomfortable with it, I wouldn't do it. If I did feel it was right and respected his insight I would go for it.

As long as it's a win/win with all involved we're golden.

Partial IP: 114.71.153

Phatbeets

Total Posts: 11383
Location: While everyone was looking up at the sun, i was looking at the birds and cats and insects going cray
posted Saturday, April 22, 2017 8:10:01 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Phatbeets
still impressed by the essays of 88 itt

Partial IP: 5.212.74.9

throwing dogs

Total Posts: 663
posted Saturday, April 22, 2017 9:30:27 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for throwing dogs
lol good fred

Partial IP: 29.252.140

All times are ET. The time now is 4:16 PM.Post viewed 812 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: