Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (44) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Your Top 3 Geto Boys Related Projects- Or Your General Opinion

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 19 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Your Top 3 Geto Boys Related Projects- Or Your General Opinion
no mask

Total Posts: 5591
posted Thursday, May 11, 2017 8:42:46 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
those GB's were somethin. will be back with my 10 cents/picks.

Partial IP: .252.0.210

no mask

posted Thursday, May 11, 2017 8:44:41 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
not including artists out side of the geto boys (rap-a-lot)but big mike can be included.

Dope Hogan III

Total Posts: 508
posted Friday, May 12, 2017 12:29:46 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Dope Hogan III
1. Damn it feels good to be a g
2. 6 feet
3. Mind playin tricks

...my top 3 gb projects happen to be songs

Partial IP: 2.58.24.12

Seme__one

Total Posts: 867
Location: an age where we know so much yet have learnt so little
posted Friday, May 12, 2017 5:34:20 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
not the greatest thread, why not post your thoughts in the post?

but I will play

got a soft spot for Little Big Man, great LP

and BIg Mike on Straight Gangsterism & No Nuts No Glory, so Death Til' US Part LP

and Face...The World Is Yours...

they got a great Discog

Partial IP: .141.177.3

no mask

posted Friday, May 12, 2017 6:08:05 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
In order|

1- mr scarface is back
2- we cant be stopped
3-goin out like a soldier

4-the world is yours
5-grip it (rick rubin version self titled)
6-till death do us part
7-controversy
8- lil big man

The intensity and energy of their first bunch of albums was crazy. Till death album is cool but a bit too laid back and no willie d makes for a more tame group and less entertaining. They had the perfect elements fora group.

recumbent_God

Total Posts: 7928
posted Friday, May 12, 2017 8:02:08 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for recumbent_God
No Mask stfu you stupid batty boy

Partial IP: 3.104.45.8

no mask

posted Friday, May 12, 2017 9:25:56 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^says the dorkiest looking pretty boy try hard on here. Lay down boy or get back to eating your mother.

Total Posts: 14895
posted Friday, May 12, 2017 10:41:47 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
geto boys
we can't be stopped
the diary

Partial IP: 123.195.66

mAdkAp

Total Posts: 3121
Location: i'mma hot boy - so i 'mma get it how i live.CHYEAAA
posted Friday, May 12, 2017 1:56:18 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mAdkAp
We Can't Be Stopped
Till Death Do Us Part
The Resurrection

Is Uncut Dope a viable candidate ?

The Foundation was pretty underrated.It should have gotten more attention.

If we're including GB solos then my top 3 would most likely be all be Scarface solos.He's probably my favorite rapper of all time.

Partial IP: .92.32.156

Seme__one

posted Friday, May 12, 2017 2:43:40 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
Uncut Dope is very dope....damn it feels good to be a gangsta

was reading Scarfaces book about the LPs that were only put out for contractual reasons

Till Death Do Us he wasn't down with due to line up change,Good Bad & Ugly was just a compilation he wasn't ok with and calls it not a Geto Boys album but an epic fail, My Homies was totally changed from the LP he recorded and he didnt want master P on it and is embarrassed about the Pac verse as its just some home video outake shit, Last Of A Dying Breed he hates and hated making, he just wanted to get the fuck out as soon as he could and turn it in, Balls and My Word came out and he knew nothing about it, they just put it together without even consulting him, they even made a Bun B and Face track to look like a 50cent dis he knew nothing about, My Homies pt2 they made and put out the same way,Emertrius he rates as his worst and lowest point of his career, another contractual only LP

James Prince seemed to have fucked them all.....

Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 35663
posted Friday, May 12, 2017 9:10:00 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
We Canít Be Stopped
The Diary
Till Death Do Us Part

Partial IP: 242.189.89

no mask

posted Friday, May 12, 2017 9:21:57 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
i actually think "we cant be stopped" might be the real #1 but i remember throwing on mr scarface is back when i was mad at a hot girlfriend in high school and rapping it at her.lol

plus "the pimp"best sex rap song ever maybe.though there are many dope rap sexsongs- you gotta love rap for that. haha

mAdkAp

posted Saturday, May 13, 2017 6:28:52 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mAdkAp
yeah Seme__one,That's crazy he doesn't like Till Death Do us Part.I knew Good,Bad & Ugly was just a compilation.I thought Last of a Dying Breed was a pretty good record.

And My Balls & My Word/My Homies #2 where just put together from snippets and demos he had left in the Studio.Rap-A-Lot put that out when he had left to run Def Jam South,It was a cash grab that Scarface probably didn't see any $ from.

I don't know if J.Prince necessarily "fucks things up".He's obviously underhanded,his artists always seem to eventually dislike him or have a problem with the way he conducts business ie/every Geto Boy at 1 point or another,Devin,Bun B/UGK,Z-Ro,Trae.Sort of Don King esque,(similarly A lot of J.Prince's boxers grow to not like him either)

I haven't read the book so if Scarface touches up on it I would be interested but think about this - Scarface always goes back to J.Prince.

Whether they feud over money,whether Prince lets him rot in jail.Even after he's not contractually obligated with Prince he re-ups with him.He always goes back to him.

What does Prince have on Scarface ?

Lpac

Total Posts: 6420
posted Saturday, May 13, 2017 6:35:34 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lpac
Scarface - The Diary
Face Mob - Otherside Of The Law
Geto Boys - The Resurrection

Partial IP: 170.214.49

Seme__one

posted Sunday, May 14, 2017 5:49:25 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
yeah I agree with you mAdkAp...when I was reading about the shady contracts and the way the cash was divided up it is a no brainer not to re-sign with Prince, but Face does it

he cites several reasons in the book, its an interesting read check it out, but even so its as bad as Jerry & Eazy deal....still makes no sense to re-sign

J prince IS all about his business, and he seems well connected but your right, he is disliked by a lot of people who were down, thats what I meant by him fucking it up, the friendships and business relationships, still most (but not all) but most successful businessmen are ruthless. I found it kind of disappointing really, I hoped Rap a Lot wasn't run like that at least.....but record labels are shady. also the amount of fucking around with releases, changing beats, adding verses and artists to the released product without even letting the artists know...

Face has no problem with Big Mike but the chemistry he felt worked better with Willie D in the line up.But some of my favorite joints are on that LP.

I also found it strange they never really hang out together outside the studio at all, they only really saw each other touring or recording, there was no real friendship there. They are all strangely detached.

He acknowledges the love for Last of a Dying Breed, and I really like that LP, so again it was surprising how he was just running down the clock on a contract and couldn't care less about it.

mAdkAp

posted Sunday, May 14, 2017 9:09:48 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mAdkAp
I'm not all that surprised they don't hang out with each other because they were put together.It wasn't like UGK where they were 2 high school friends that made a music group.Bushwick was dancer for the og group and Scarface and Willie were solo acts.

I'm pretty sure Bushwick & Wille D actually despise each other.

Prince is definitely all about his business,I agree with that.When the feds were looking at Rap-A-Lot J got rid of that with the quickness of a phone call.Back in the day he gave financial support to a campaigning, lesser known politician who went on to become President,Bill Clinton.

Prince definitely keeps his ducks in a row.

I think it's funny that guys like Mayweather are terrified of him.

Seme__one

posted Monday, May 15, 2017 9:26:05 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
I thought all the years of touring and recording would at least make them bond a bit

even if Bushwick is a lil' crazy!

mAdkAp

posted Monday, May 15, 2017 9:51:31 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mAdkAp
Bushwick is a little crazy and when he's drinking he gets pretty belligerent.

If he's drinking and there's somebody in the room he doesn't like that person will know it sooner then later.

This isn't verbatim but I heard a story where they were in the studio and Bill was drunk & just kept going in on Willie to the point where he was like "Fuck it,I'm kill this dwarf.Let's go!!

Of course Scarface is like "Chill out,go outside get some fresh air.Relax,what do you want to kill him ? and Willie was like "Yes!"

keep in mind this would be a fight between a former GG boxer and a midget.

I think Scarface is sort of the glue that keeps them together.

9timesoutof10

Total Posts: 67
posted Tuesday, May 16, 2017 11:23:27 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 9timesoutof10
I got the impression Scarface was intimated by Big Mike's rhyme skills. He had willie and Bill in his pocket and wrote verses for them, then Mike comes along and threatens to take his shine as the talent of the group

Partial IP: .86.88.185

mAdkAp

posted Tuesday, May 16, 2017 6:51:44 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mAdkAp
off topic but when Suge was starting Death Row he tried to sign Big Mike and make him Death Row's flagship artist.

He's actually tried to poach Scarface from Rap-A-Lot several times.At the beginning of Death Row and then later when they refurnished themselves as "Tha Row".

Kind of correlating with Scarface being featured on Death Row albums towards the end of their run like Chronic 2000 & 2 Gangsta for Radio.

All times are ET. The time now is 6:21 PM.Post viewed 513 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: