Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (43) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Eric B & Rakim.....

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 9 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Eric B & Rakim.....
Seme__one

Total Posts: 929
Location: I'm an UGGHie' he's an UGHHie' She's an UGHHie' we some UGHHIes would you like to be an UGHHie too?
posted Thursday, July 13, 2017 6:27:12 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
dropped Paid In Full 30 years ago...saw nothing about it on forum even tho' it's a milestone of Hip Hop

"Eric B and Rakim, ‘Paid In Full’: “The streets put to music” is how Nas described the pair on this 1987 album cover, which according to the ‘Illmatic’ man “epitomised and personified the street culture of New York and the rest of the nation… They were counting money and they made it look cool.” All about values, is Nas."

Ready for another story? Fans of Eric B & Rakim will especially love this one. This time we are going to inspect the back cover of their classic ‘Paid in Full’ album, which is arguably the greatest photo in hip-hop, period. The street legends pictured are the originators of what hip-hop fashion is known to be today.

This collection of ultra-fly characters is comprised of the most infamous hustlers, rappers & gangsters of the mid-1980’s - meet the Paid in Full Posse or Supreme Team (Fort Greene, Brooklyn). You could say the whole ‘rapper’ image was inspired by these very hustlers who had more money & power at age 15 than most do their entire lives. Meet the posse:

Eric B. (in front, hands clasped): Was both a respected street guy & savvy businessman. Not much of a DJ though, so you could say he was the first Suge Knight or Puffy Daddy in the rap game. Was very well connected & feared by many.

Rakim (middle row, second from right): The OG lyrical wordsmith. Arguably the greatest & most influential rapper of all time, and you bet he was surrounded by some of the gooniest goons that have walked on this planet.

Kool G Rap (right of Rakim): Closely affiliated with the crew before he was famous. Was once chased out of New York by Eric B & the very goons in this picture after he revealed Large Professor (from Main Source) ghost-produced most of the beats on the Eric B & Rakim albums.

50 Cent (crouching in red hat): a 5’2” stickup kid weighing in at 120 pounds who was known to rob you for as little as 50 cents. An infamous gunslinger and is the very man who inspired G-Unit’s 50 Cent to adopt his moniker. His stories include robbing LL Cool J’s chain at a White Castle, jacking Whodini & having a shoot-out with Jam Master Jay’s crew.

Rap (top left): He’s the guy in the FILA tracksuit & dookie chains on the top left. He’s brother to Supreme Majestic, the leader of the crew.

Killer Ben (top in green): The guy on the top right in green was a feared killer & stickup kid. Robbed Biggie & Faith Evans one night while they were having a romantic dinner. He also used a child as a human shield in a shoot-out & was sent to prison for it. He was murdered shortly after robbing another Bad Boy associate however it is unsure if the incidents are linked as Ben made many enemies due to his quick trigger finger.

Ant Live (crouching behind 50 Cent): Eric B.’s brother & was also known to get busy.

Supreme Magnetic (not pictured) - The leader of the notorious Paid in Full Posse. Stickup kid & was one of the biggest drug dealers in Brooklyn at the time. He allegedly tried stealing Jam Master Jay’s dookie chain & got punched in the face for trying.

Freddie Foxx (not pictured) - Legendary rapper & was meant to originally partner with Eric B however missed the meeting & Rakim took his spot. A goon of the highest order who himself quotes, “my precedence precedes me & I’m not even the livest one in the crew”.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A young Nas used to look up to these guys & the Paid in Full Posse cosigned him right back. The rappers were getting pressed up by alot of drug dealers & these goon provided them with both street credibility & protection from extortion. 30 years later & the influence of these larger-than-life personalities still influence hip-hop. There’s no doubt that you too have been influenced in some way by these legendary originators. Follow Inverse Culture for more hip-hop stories, street fashion & more.

My own Eric B and Rakim story I shared before when I saw them in 88? then or sometime then, P.E. who hadn't blown up yet opened and had just left the stage, Paid In Full instrumental blasted out the speakers and after a few minutes Eric B comes striding out in a full on leather goose jacket and just stands on the stage eyeballing the crowd, silent while the beat plays on......crowd goes wild, but Eric just stands there. Me and my friend were pretty near the front, and was waiting for Rakim, after about 5 mins got pissed and flipped him the finger.....only a few rows back. Eric B's eyes are stone cold, he spots us and just stares us down....man he is a big guy, he is motionless and just giving us the death glare.....fuck we felt pretty foolish and sort of blended into the crowd....even now I remember his eyes probably the most memorable moment of their set. Eric B ain't no joke.....eventually Rakim came on and ripped it, but tbh out of P.E. Cool J and them, they had the weakest set.....but that stare.....damn

^ love this story Eric B sheepskin coat slide....

also I remember the story about Eric getting inbetween Suge Knight and Chris Lighty before shit got serious

GOAT DUO

Partial IP: 62.144.146

cometh

Total Posts: 102
posted Thursday, July 13, 2017 7:07:17 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for cometh
of course nothing was made on this forum, faggots to busy flooding this forum with wack ass gay z, bones thugs and tupac wack shit

Total Posts: 15204
posted Thursday, July 13, 2017 10:51:57 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
i also saw no discussions in 1987 on the UGHH forums about paid in full. you fucking idiot UGHHers slept on that album hard in 87. you fucked up. smh!

dj rolo

Total Posts: 2082
posted Thursday, July 13, 2017 10:53:33 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
word cometh...this album in my top 10 all-time

vinnny blanc

Total Posts: 5706
posted Thursday, July 13, 2017 11:39:25 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for vinnny blanc

no mask

Total Posts: 5933
posted Thursday, July 13, 2017 12:40:49 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
i got the white cassette. stays in the car.

Seme__one

Total Posts: 929
Location: I'm an UGGHie' he's an UGHHie' She's an UGHHie' we some UGHHIes would you like to be an UGHHie too?
posted Thursday, July 13, 2017 1:55:06 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
i also saw no discussions in 1987 on the UGHH forums about paid in full. you fucking idiot UGHHers slept on that album hard in 87. you fucked up. smh!

^co sign it was an outrage. Just glad I am not the only one who thinks it.

Can someone post a pic of the back of the LP, I am too unskilled to do so....sad face

Dingleberrymercenary

Total Posts: 2006
posted Thursday, July 13, 2017 11:40:38 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Dingleberrymercenary
Couple days ago I was listening to Eric b and Rakim greatest hits Cd..

POP KILL

Total Posts: 6663
posted Saturday, July 15, 2017 1:45:18 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for POP KILL
"i also saw no discussions in 1987 on the UGHH forums about paid in full. you fucking idiot UGHHers slept on that album hard in 87. you fucked up. smh!"

I didnt sleep on it in 87!

dr.proF

Total Posts: 5058
posted Saturday, July 15, 2017 2:04:18 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dr.proF   Click Here to Email dr.proF
Lol 88

All times are ET. The time now is 4:27 PM.Post viewed 314 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: