Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (50) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Attn: Kallisti87

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 58 replies
Page: 1 2
AuthorTopic:  Attn: Kallisti87
Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 36305
posted Saturday, July 15, 2017 11:05:52 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Our last thread reached its limit. Here's the last thing you typed...

Never watched it before or even watched a trailer but I've seen the name pop up a couple times. Was thinking it looked like it would be better suited as a movie and turns out it's based on an Australian movie from 2010. Judging by some of the comments on the trailer people think the movie is better than the tv show version as well.

Still have to get around to watching the third season of The Leftovers but it's finished airing now so at least I'll be able to binge it now.

Which Sumo Cyco album did you pick up? I think you said you got their latest one at TBM's show, so I'm guessing you picked up Lost in Cyco City. This sentence makes no sense, lol "I actually like their new album of BM's new album." I'm guessing you meant you like their new album more than TBM's one.

Just finished watching Wynonna Earp's first season last night. Glad they killed off Willa, she was already getting annoying the episode after they introduced her, lol. That part with that guy saying that triangle area or whatever is just as much a sanctuary as a prison and saying things also want to get in was interesting, that part when that big demon monster thing was there was weird.

Don't really read comics/graphics novels but I used to read some X-Men comics when I was younger.

I'm fucking with that Garbage track even though i haven't peeped their album last year after the first few initial spins. It
off a new album?

Yea lulz i meant the Sumo Cyco album was better than Birthday Massacre. Been going HAM with their first album. This video is what separates them from just another pop/punk type of band...

^The change up around the 3:25 mark is so fucking DAFFY.

That Willa bitch was annoying as fuck. Was also happy they got rid of her but the cliffhanger with the sister touching that black goo and getting infected was good. They touch on that whole thing immediately at the start of the second season. Let me know when you start watching it.

I pulled the trigger and ordered the iZombie Omnibus. When i get it ill let you know how it is.

Oh yea and to keep it hop hop this Cage song from around the time Hell's Winter was recorded is illy...

Any new shows you fucking with?

Partial IP: 242.189.89

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Sunday, July 16, 2017 8:46:20 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
This the best track off Hell's Winter...

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Sunday, July 16, 2017 8:53:37 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
New promo...

Kallisti87

Total Posts: 680
posted Monday, July 17, 2017 11:00:57 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
That Garbage track is a one off, says in the description that's all proceeds go to the Red Cross. That Sumo Cyco video was pretty dope, will have to get around to watching those vids in order, seems like there's some sort of story going through them. I remember liking the changeup about 2/3rd's of the way through their Fuel My Fire track from the same album.

Forgot to say I'd watched another episode of POI the other day, where Finch met up with Alias in prison for a favor. I could tell he'd ask him for a game of chess for the favor haha. Watched another episode last night as well, the one where that reporter gets that guy killed. Watched Resident Evil - The Final Chapter last night too, it was an ok watch, nothing special. For a movie based on zombies, overall it didn't have that many zombie scenes, which I thought was strange.

My fav track from Hell's Winter is Left It To Us, but Shoot Frank is dope too. You ever peep that I Never Knew You EP that came out before Depart From Me?
Only new show I'm watching right now is Blood Drive. Game of Thrones new season just started yesterday, going to watch the new episode later tonight. Besides POI the other shows that are airing right now that I'm watching are Orphan Black, Preacher and Blood Drive. Might catch up to Wynonna Earp, will probably watch the season 2 premiere today or tomorrow. Still need to catchup on The Leftovers Season 3, Fargo Season 2 then 3, new season of Better Call Saul, Season 2 and 3 of Black Mirror and haven't checked out Justified yet.

That Rick & Morty trailer was awesome, saw it was uploaded the other day but didn't bother to watch it 'til just now.

You watch the new Orphan Black yet? Shit has hit the fan on the island, lol.

Partial IP: 62.144.146

tippi dink

Total Posts: 2948
posted Tuesday, July 18, 2017 10:46:32 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i started watching arrow again about 3 and a half weeks ago, picking up right where i left off about halfway through season 3. season 4 was pretty weak overall but i'm loving season 5 so far. i think i'm about 7 or 8 episodes in. prometheus is a dope villain, pretty different from how i remember him in the JLA comics but it's been a while.

i made the mistake of not watching flash, legends of tomorrow, or supergirl at the same time though, only because i'm watching it on netflix and figured it would be annoying to constantly be switching shows on there. did watch the dominator invasion episodes of flash and LoT though, and they were great. loved that scene when all the heroes were all fighting the aliens on the roof top, same feeling as when i first saw the avengers fighting together in the first movie.

clock have you seen all the netflix marvel shows? the defenders show is coming out soon, i think august 18th. i'm guessing we'll get punisher sometime in november/december.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Tuesday, July 18, 2017 5:53:50 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
I've seen all of them except for Luke Cage. Only watched first two episodes of it last summer and gave up on it. Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Iron Fist in that order from favorite to least favorite. What order would you rank them? Can't wait for the Defenders. A month from today. Punisher is scheduled for a November release.

Arrow Season 5 was easily the best Arrow season since Season 2. Almost all top shelf episodes and the finale might be my favorite in the series' history. Flash last season sucked. I'm only giving it 5 episodes next season to suck me back in or I'm done. Never given Supergirl or LoT a shot yet. You should just peace them out and just start watching iZombie lulz.

Yo Kallisti that's another one of my favorite tracks on the album and there's a video for it...

^That beat switch around the 4 minute mark is fuego.

One of the great things about POI is every season they bring back characters from prior episodes that at the time you think weren't as relevant as they really were. Glad you're digging the show.

I might have to give Preacher another shot because a few more heads have told me to continue to watch it. You ever read the comic books/graphic novels on it?

Going to watch Orphan Black tomorrow but glad to hear some shit is finally going down. Been a slower start to the season.

Kallisti87

posted Tuesday, July 18, 2017 7:11:44 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
tippie, I'd say Legends of Tomorrow is worth picking up but Supergirl isn't. Clock, did I mention the actor that played Nola in Banshee is going to be on the next season of Supergirl?

Mentioned before that the first season of Preacher is like a prequel and the second season starts where the comic series started, so you'll probably be fine skipping the first season. Never read the comics myself.

Watched Underworld: Blood Wars yesterday, doesn't look like it got good ratings but I thought it was decent, better than the new Resident Evil I watched yesterday. New Game of Thrones was good, I remember you saying you don't watch it, did you ever check the show out? I remember Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad were my two fav shows when they were both airing at the same time.

Heard this song the other day on the_accidental_poet's livestream and thought it sounded pretty dope. Found out t_a_p deletes their livestreams after they're done which I thought was pretty weird.
< width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embedavZgKwYuU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Kallisti87

posted Tuesday, July 18, 2017 7:15:45 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
Don't know why that track didn't embed, here's a bandcamp link for it

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Tuesday, July 18, 2017 8:35:29 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
They also cast Lois Lane from Smallville in Supergirl next season. I miss Banshee. Last summer was when i binge watched it. Such a great show even with the last season being kind of meh.

So i could start up Preacher with this season and not miss a beat? Might go ahead and do that then.

Yea everyone was hyped for Game of Thrones few nights ago. I remember telling you i watched first couple seasons few years ago and never revisited it.

I don't think i checked out that You Never Knew Me EP. Depart From Me is my least favorite Cage album so i wasn't fucking with a lot of his material around that time. His one from a few years back was average at best. Hope he drops that Sam Hill album soon.

I actually just started re-watching Season 2 of Mr. Robot as it just became available for streaming on Amazon Prime. Going to slow watch it leading up to the season premiere but being that it'll be over a year between seasons i wanna remember what happened lulz.

Kallisti87

posted Wednesday, July 19, 2017 12:29:28 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
They had Teri Hatcher from that 90's show, Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman last season. The chick that played Supergirl in Smallville was a villain last year on it too. Did you ever watch that V reboot she was in? Came out in 2009.

For the most part, you'd be fine starting Preacher from the second season.

Since you're checking out some comics/graphic novels maybe you should checkout this new mini series that came out this year, it was a Looney Tunes/DC Comics crossover, apparently it's actually good.
One of them has Elmer Fudd vs Batman.

I thought this Martian Manhunter/Marvin the Martian comic cover looked dope.

Recently they had a Venom comic where X-23,
the chick from Logan, wears the Venom symbiote. I've heard Marvel comics haven't been too good lately though.

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, July 19, 2017 11:57:13 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
Never given Supergirl or LoT a shot yet. You should just peace them out and just start watching iZombie lulz.

did you not watch the crossover episodes with the dominators/aliens then? if not then you missed a lot. the only reason i watched those is because when i was going through the arrow episodes in order, the one with the aliens came out of nowhere and then the episode after that was completely unrelated. turned out it was one story being told between 3 shows.

still really enjoying season 5, last episode i saw was the one where they recruit dinah drake/new black canary. best episode so far this season was the one where Prometheus lays out the trail of bodies for green arrow to follow and they're in exactly the same position as the bodies of claybourne’s men that he killed before. then prometheus tricks him into killing billy. i love those villains that calculate everything and go through so much effort to fuck with people lol.

i don't think i'm gonna watch supergirl since from what i've heard but i definitely want to finish flash and i plan on checking out legends too, then after that i'll probably watch izombie.

there's still so many shows i haven't seen that people keep recommending... true detective, the last season of better call saul, the last season of hannibal, fargo, etc. it's kinda overwhelming.

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, July 19, 2017 12:06:49 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
preacher is dope, but like kallisti said the first season is more of a prequel. they also introduce characters a lot earlier in the show than the comics.

I've heard Marvel comics haven't been too good lately though.

this is sort of true, but there's still a lot of really good recent series that i've enjoyed from the last couple years.

the recent vision, moon knight, karnak, ms marvel, power man and iron fist, thor, doctor strange, old man logan, and all new wolverine are all pretty fun. tom king's vision run and the recent moon knight runs from warren ellis (2014) and jeff lemire (2016) are both incredible.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Wednesday, July 19, 2017 10:00:27 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Nah never watched the V reboot. She was also in a show called Bitten that i saw a few episodes of and it wasn't terrible.

I watched Orphan Black and man did shit go down. I was pissed that cow bell bitch went turncoat for the second time in the episode which led to Susan Duncan's death. I guess they must've held her down and injected that morphine into her. So turns out the dude isn't even close to 150 years old lulz. He's just some crackpot after eternal youth. Glad his villagers are burning his island down.

The parts with Crystal were great. She's been one of my favorite clones since she was introduced. When she beat the shit out of that cosmetic guy i legit laughed out loud. Looks like Allison is in next episode. Haven't seen her since episode 2 i believe. Hope Felix ends up making an appearance. What you think of the episode?

Ill look into those comic crossovers. Those illustrations are pretty dope tho.

Yo tippi Prometheus is my favorite villain in the shows 5 seasons. Better than Slade and Malcolm Merlin. When they reveal who he is let me know if you guessed right. It surprised me a little bit.

I watched 3 of the 4 crossovers. Only one i didn't watch was Supergirls one. Wasn't a fan of any of them. Didn't even bother watching the Flash musical episode cause it got horrendous ratings and by time it aired i was down on the season of Flash to begin with.

tippi dink

posted Thursday, July 20, 2017 2:18:37 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
just watched the episode where his identity is revealed. i didn't see that coming, but only because in the comics adrian chase is Vigilate. i have a feeling they switched it up just to fuck with/surprise people. at one point i was almost thinking that adrian was vigilante AND prometheus, but that theory obviously went out the window when the two of them fought on the rooftop and then promtheus was revealed to be adrian 5 seconds later. i think anyone should be able to guess that there was something going on with adrian though, dude has had so much screen time and there's just something creepy/unsettling about his whole demeanor and the way he talks. dude is so intense, at all times. josh segarra did a great job with that role. can't wait to see how this all ends, it feels like it's wrapping up already and there's still 7 or 8 episodes left so i'm expecting something big to happen.

i didn't know there was a flash musical episode. i'm not really sure how i feel about that lol.

Total Posts: 15204
posted Thursday, July 20, 2017 3:26:42 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
tippi, what you frontin' on the slott and allred run of my fav marvel character for? huh!?

tippi dink

posted Thursday, July 20, 2017 3:42:09 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
honestly i forgot about it lol. i don't know i would feel comfortable recommending it anyway since i've only read the first 5 issues, i enjoyed what i read though. need to pick up the rest of the trades soon. i also think some of the fantastic four/cosmic marvel stuff in general can be pretty hard to get into if you're unfamiliar with that part of the universe. i mainly blame the fantastic four movies for that though since they didn't really do the characters justice. all i want is a good portrayal of silver surfer, galactus, and doctor doom god damnit.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Thursday, July 20, 2017 5:05:09 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
I too thought Chase was Vigilante. Their fight on the building was pretty dope. Who were your guesses for Prometheus before his reveal? My first one was Tommy Merlin. Even tho they tried to set up early that it was Detective Lance, that was too obvious of a red herring.

tippi dink

posted Thursday, July 20, 2017 6:54:39 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i just watched the episode where adrian was torturing oliver and then once he admitted that he enjoyed killing people he was let go.

i didn't expect evelyn to be in on that whole thing, when adrian "snapped her neck" and she played possum. what a bitch. prometheus is my favorite kind of villain though, because from his perspective hes doing the right thing and oliver is actually the bad guy.

honestly i didn't think prometheus was any major character that we had seen already, i figured either adrian was vigilante AND prometheus or that it was someone completely new. did you still think it was malcolm even after it was revealed that oliver killed prometheus's pops though? i definitely don't think that guy looked old enough, especially since malcolm is like 50 years old.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Thursday, July 20, 2017 8:09:23 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
From the point you're at till the end of the season the only garbage bag episode is Episode 20. Rest is all top shelf to me. Yea i also was caught off guard by that Evelyn twist. He's the type to snap her neck and not give a fuck so it fit his MO.

Nah i didn't think it was Malcolm at all. I thought it was Tommy Merlin who died in the Season 1 finale. Due to all the multiple earth's, time loops, Lazarus Pit, etc i thought he had come back to avenge some sort of wrong doing Oliver had done. I had a feeling it wouldn't be some random dude we hadn't met before due to the nature of how well the guy knew Oliver and how much of a badass villain he is.

tippi dink

posted Thursday, July 20, 2017 8:16:30 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
oh my bad, misread that. still that theory would become completely implausible once you find out that oliver killed prometheus's father. well, i guess it could have been earth-2 tommy or malcolm use the lazarus pit to bring him back but i would have thought that was kind of lame tbh. i was glad that the lazarus pit was destroyed, was sick of it being used as a plot device. when i said i thought it was someone new that was before it was made clear just how much prometheus actually knew about oliver, after that i had no clue.

yo i'm not gonna lie, the very first episode of the season i wasn't really paying attention fully and i straight up thought ragman and prometheus were the same character lol.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Thursday, July 20, 2017 8:22:25 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
I thought the same thing hahaha. They do have similar face coverings. Speaking of Rag Man, fuck happened to his character? They just peaced his character out like no big deal. Was a dope ass ally to have. I was initially turned off by Rene but by seasons end he became my favorite of the new recruits. Black Siren replacement is better than Laurel too. Her Canary Cry so much more authentic. I used to despise when Laurel/Black Canary would do the cry. It looked so forced and fake.

tippi dink

posted Thursday, July 20, 2017 9:35:10 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
man that's a relief, at least i wasn't the only one. i think that was their mistake though for introducing those characters at the exact same time. that's a good question though, i liked ragman a lot. i'm guessing the reason might be because he's too powerful? he shot out these rag tentacles that could lift people off the ground and throw them 20 feet away, and he was pretty much invincible. i don't think prometheus really would have stood a chance. definitely was kind of lame that he absorbed that bomb and then was just like "my rags stopped working i gotta bounce, peace".

i didn't like rene at first either but he's got good reasons for being the way he is and can be straight up hilarious at times. curtis is kinda lame on his own but i love the banter between him and rene. did you catch that ninja turtles reference when someone made a comment about how the hockey mask was lame and oliver said "i think it's cool", since stephen amell played casey jones in the TMNT movie.

laurel's canary cry looked fake because it was, it was just a piece of tech cisco gave her that amplified her screams, compared to black siren and dinah drake who are both meta-humans. i agree that it's way better though, and i like the dinah drake character a lot.

Kallisti87

posted Friday, July 21, 2017 5:57:09 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
Clock, the only thing you missed on that Supergirl crossover was Flash and Cisco vibing into her universe right at the end of the episode to set her up as being in the 3 other crossover episodes. Yeah, sucks Ragman's gone, he was one of the best characters they introduced to the show.

Half way through Person of Interest Season 2 now, about to watch the 13th episode. Hey, did you checkout Blood Drive yet? Right now I think it's my favorite new tv show of 2017, the season's about halfway through so far.

It's comic-con right now, so a bunch of new trailers and stuff are coming out.

Have you watched Kingsman before? I think I've asked before but can't remember.

Hey tippi, what you think of this track?

tippi dink

posted Friday, July 21, 2017 1:02:17 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
definitely, it makes sense why they did it since it all kind of comes full circle.. his dad used the rags to protect him from a bomb, and then rory used them to protect hundreds of thousands of people or however mant it was . i just wish it happened later in the season than halfway through. kind of a side note but ragman kind of reminds me of ghostrider, at least in the comics. from what i understand his rags are only able to harm corrupted souls, similar to how ghostrider's penance stare only works on the guilty.

i just watched episode 20 and you're absolute right clock, it was pretty weak. there was no real suspense either because we both know they wouldnt kill off oliver and i was 99.9% sure felicity was safe too. if it was rene or curtis or someone down there i might have been a little bit more worried. man, that episode just dragged on forever and it was hard to even see anything when they were trapped down there because of how dark it was which i think was a poor choice.

that track was cool kallisti, never heard of that band before. looks like they're from portugal. might check out that lilith album. do you listen to a lot of doom or sludge metal? what are some of your current favorite bands you fuck with?

tippi dink

posted Friday, July 21, 2017 1:08:29 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
also some big news just got announced

noah hawley, the dude who made fargo and legion, is making a dr. doom movie. doom has always been one of my favorite comic book characters and they've never really gotten the character right in the movies so i'm really excited about this, especially considering how good legion was. definitely has potential to be great.

here's the article

NoHeadlights

Total Posts: 53250
posted Friday, July 21, 2017 1:34:29 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for NoHeadlights
I go haf with arrow, lot, flash and suoergirl

Felicity smoak is what's good

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Friday, July 21, 2017 8:03:38 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Felicity Seasons 1 and 2 was whats up. Since then they made her character hateable.

Yea tippi that episode was such garbage cause, as you said, no way they were going to kill either character off. The last couple episodes are so dope, especially the scene that ends the second to last episode. Let me know when you finish it. Mr. Fantastic is the worst character on any of the DC shows. Dude gets his ass kicked every time they're in a fight and his tongue in cheek humor is rarely funny. Only thing he's useful for is his tech knowledge and the gadgets he creates.

Yo Kallisti that Defenders trailer is sickly. I really hope they include Punisher in the show cause i was under the impression he wasn't going to be in it.

Any of you bros fucking with Death Note? New trailer just dropped...

I never even heard of the story it's based but the plot sounds intriguing.

New Black Lighting trailer...

I thought he wasn't go to be in the Arrowverse but the introduction on the trailer seems to imply he will be.

tippi dink

posted Friday, July 21, 2017 8:33:31 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i think after season 2 they started giving into those "olicity" shippers, which i think is a problem with cw in general. they really pander to those fandoms.

i accidentally posted this in the recent acquisitions thread, but i just finished the 22nd episode of season 5, starting the last episode now. is oliver going to free slade what you were talking about? i want to see deathstroke fuck some people up.

death note is alright, i read the manga when i was younger. well, some of it. no idea why i stopped. i think it was because the borders books that i was going to shut down lol. never watched the anime though. movie looks like it could be good, didn't realize it was so close to being released. i think it's dope that willem dafoe is voicing ryuk, the demon.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Friday, July 21, 2017 8:55:51 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Yea i knew Deathstroke was coming back but i was worried it was going to be some lame actor wearing the suit the whole time. I was fucking hyped when they revealed Slade without the suit at the end cause i wasn't expecting it. He made the first two seasons for me, especially season 2. When he killed Olivers mother was one of the biggest 'WTF' moments of the whole series.

Death Note drops August 25th on Netflix.

Kallisti87

posted Friday, July 21, 2017 10:48:45 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
Don't listen to too much doom/sludge metal but Warhorse, Paradise Lost, Draconian and Electric Wizard are some of my favs from those genres. That Lamina track sounded doomish but their labelled as psychedelic/stoner rock, this track here is more representative of what the rest of their album sounds like.

You heard any of the new Paradise Lost tracks?

A new trailer for The Defenders just came out,

New trailer for The Gifted, the one with Amy Acker in it just came out as well, coincidentally, she just popped back up in the last episode of POI I watched, think it was episode 15 of the second season.

We'll probably have more trailers out over the next day during Comic-con as well.

Death Note is one of the few anime's I've watched besides Dragon Ball Z but I remember the series being a decent watch, not sure about the Netflix series but I'll give it a chance. I think they made a live action movie for it in the past and only heard bad things about it.

tippi dink

posted Saturday, July 22, 2017 1:03:19 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
man, that last episode was fantastic. wasn' expecting that ultimatum that chase gave oliver, and even when oliver thought he found a way around it chase still had a backup plan. i predicted that captain boomerang would betray them, but i was kinda surprised that slade didn't as well. what a fucking cliffhanger though. we don't even know if malcolm actually died, let alone everyone else. i'm guessing evelyn, talia, and earth-2 laurel are at least. maybe william's mom, but the would be fucked up. i think everyone else is safe though. is there anyone i'm missing that is most likely dead?

man it's fucking hilarious to me that you called him mr. fantastic instead of mr terrific, especially since i had just brought up fantastic four in my last reply lol. i didn't even realize how similar they are. mr. terrific is a lame ass name, whenever diggle would say his name as shit was going down it was damn near incomprehensible. surprised no one called him mr. t at any point, would have fit whenever rene pointed out that there was an "a-team" and a "b-team".

yeah season 1 was good because of all the mystery and world building, and season 2 was great because of deathstroke. season 5 is definitely the best since season 2. the only thing i'm worried about though, is who the next big bad is going to bed. i mean adrian was intimidating, as skilled as oliver, knew everything about him and infiltrated his inner circle, went after everyone he loved, and calculated every single move that oliver would make and stayed 10 steps ahead of him. he even killed his own wife. how do you raise the stakes from there? unless there's more meta-humans or some other villain that he can't beat alone. maybe deathstroke will end up turning on him.

love electric wizard, and paradise lost is good too. hadn't heard the track you posted but it's dope. i loved their last album from 2015, the plague within.

you fuck with pallbearer, panopticon, baroness, zeal and ardor, kayo dot, alcest, deathspell omega, oranssi pazuzu
vektor, unearthly trance, the great old ones, bell witch, oathbreaker, animals as leaders, cult of luna, or inter arma? those are the metal bands i've been listening to lately.

that zeal and ardor is dope, one of the most unique albums i've heard in a while. it combines blues, black metal, negro spirituals, and even electronic music.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Saturday, July 22, 2017 7:57:16 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
I'm actually feeling that Gifted trailer. I know it's FOX but it's definitely going to be one of the new shows i check out this Fall. I'm not too privy with X-Men lore but i know that show has to do with them.

I was hoping they wouldn't kill off Chase cause, as you said, it's going to be damn near impossible to have a big bad on that level next season. Id have to watch episode again but i think you named all of the potentially dead characters. I read a fan theory that they all ended up in the underground tunnel/prison prior to the bombs going off. Also cause we actually didn't see Malcolm die there's the slim possibility he's still alive.

Stranger Things trailer just dropped...

^So dope that they're incorporating Halloween into the season and releasing it a few days before. Pet peeve of mine when Halloween themed movies/shows drop in the fucking spring or summer lulz.

Lucifer Season 3 trailer...

Justice League trailer...

You guys ever hear of Uzumaki? Someone recommended it and said it's a dope ass graphic novel...

some_text

Kallisti87

posted Saturday, July 22, 2017 8:02:37 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
Of the bands you mentioned I only listen to Alcest and Unearthly Trance. I remember recommending Alcest's last album to Clock awhile back. I've heard a song or two by some of those bands you mentioned except haven't even heard of pallbearer, kayo dot, oranssi pazuzu or bell witch. That Zeal and Ardor was pretty good, will have to check out their Devil is Fine album. My bro was asking me if I'd heard Baroness earlier this week.
You ever heard of Be'lakor? They're melodic death metal.

This is one of my fav songs by them.

Clock more trailer's have been coming out from Comic-Con, Lucifer's season 3 trailer just dropped. This channel uploaded it before Fox's own youtube channel did, slack on Fox's part.

Kallisti87

posted Saturday, July 22, 2017 8:03:25 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
Nice timing Clock, lol

Kallisti87

posted Saturday, July 22, 2017 8:17:48 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
New Westworld trailer just dropped

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Saturday, July 22, 2017 8:18:46 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
LOL

Funny we posted the exact same trailers.

Wynonna Earp got renewed for a third season. Just finished watching the latest episode. You start Season 2 yet? New Orphan Black tonight. What you think of last weeks episode?

I got that iZombie Omnibus in the mail yesterday. Thing is big as fuck but artwork is beautiful. Only read first two chapters but already a lot of differences between comic and TV show.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Saturday, July 22, 2017 8:20:17 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Holy shit i forgot about Westworld. Crazy gonna be a year and a half in-between season. I remember last year it started up around September.

Kallisti87

posted Saturday, July 22, 2017 8:36:08 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
Haven't started watching Wynonna's second season yet, saw SYFY just uploaded an interview from Comic-con, not going to watch it though because it will probably have spoilers for the second season.

Is that iZombie omnibus the entire series?
Was just watching more POI yesterday, not far from finishing the second season. One of the episodes had the guy that was in Westworld as a billionaire or something like that. I first saw him in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
Forgot to say the other week but the guy who plays Lee in Vice Principals is going to be an the Ant-Man sequel, saw him in the trailer for tHe hateful Eight trailer when I watched it the other day, didn't know he was in it. Still have to watch that movie.
Flash trailer just dropped

Kallisti87

posted Saturday, July 22, 2017 9:18:00 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
I knew Arrow trailer was about to drop

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Saturday, July 22, 2017 9:51:25 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Arrow trailer looks dope as fuck. So happy they seem to be bringing Slade back as a regular for Season 6. Still curious as to who the season big bad is going to be. Flash trailer looks meh but the villain looks badass.

Yea the Omnibus is the entire 27 issue run in one book with some bonus shit in there too. Book itself is over 600 pages.

The last few episodes of POI Season 2 are top fucking shelf. Let me know what your thoughts are when you finish the season. Yea the dude from Westworld's character makes another cameo later in the series.

Kallisti87

posted Saturday, July 22, 2017 10:12:02 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
I had a feeling we'd see more of that actor when he tried putting a tracker in the watch he gave John. Just read today on IGN that the actor who plays Finch in POI has been announced as being in an unspecified role in the next season of Arrow.
New Thor: Ragnarok trailer just came out.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Sunday, July 23, 2017 5:18:18 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
New iZombie interview where they talk about a couple of the brains for next season along with them bringing Livs family back and some other tidbits...

Blaine's father is now confirmed as a regular for next season...

New Supernatural video but it's basically a 6 minute summary of last season but a dope ass Metallica selection is the video song...

Also i read behind the Lucifer trailer was a few of them are origin stories that were filmed last season when extra episodes were ordered but were put off until the new season. It would explain a few of the scenes in it.

tippi dink

posted Sunday, July 23, 2017 6:07:22 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
that arrow season 6 trailer is cool, surprised that earth-2 laurel isn't dead tbh. also it looks like slade is going to be a villain again at least at some point in the season. other than slade, dinah, and earth-2 laurel it's kinda of open as to who actually survived. i wonder how many more seasons they're planning on doing and how they're going to keep ramping things up. should be interesting.

been watching flash season 2, it's alright so far but i definitely liked arrow more overall. zoom is badass, especially when he fucked barry up and went around the city showing off his bloody, unconcious body like a trophy.

thor ragnarok looks solid, it's about time we got a decent thor movie tbh. justice league looks meh, just judging from the trailer i don't like what they did with flash. seems kinda like they're trying to turn him into the spider-man/quiksilver of those movies. young/innoncent, inexperienced, constant one liners, etc. the overall tone seems just like the other dc movies. still gonna watch it, but i was way more excited for it before i saw the trailer.

that new stranger things season seems like it's gonna be dope, like you said clock i think it's great that they decided to incorporate halloween into the season since it drops right around that time, only a few days before. having the four of them be the ghostbusters was perfect too.

kallisti - alcest is great, another blackgaze band i like is amesoeurs but they've only got one album that was released back in 2009. admittedly though i've been slacking when it comes to new metal releases and bands though, it's gotten to a point where half of the metal albums i hear people talking are by bands i've never heard of. i still check for releases from bands i'm already familiar with though. you really should check out baroness, i think you'd dig em especially if you like mastodon at all. their vocalist/guitarist, john baizley, does all of their album art covers and is one of my favorite artists.

man, be'lakor is great. haven't listened to them in a while though. that's a band i never would have expected to be mentioned on here ever lol. glad there's a couple other people on these boards that like metal. their album from last year, vessels, was incredible. really they haven't had a mistep yet though, all of their albums have been pretty damn good. from scythe to sceptre is my favorite track off stone's reach as well, but i also really like venator and countless skies.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Sunday, July 23, 2017 8:12:00 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
That Zoom episode is my favorite episode of the series, especially when he goes into the police station and holds up a bruised and battered Barry. Season 2 was great and introduced some Earth 2 characters that play a part in Season 3. Finale ended on a great cliffhanger. Unfortunately Season 3 was pretty fucking terrible.

I haven't seen any of the Thor movies. I'm way, way behind when it comes to DC and Marvel flicks. If you guys had to recommend 3-5 essentials from the last 10 years which would they be. Only ones I've seen are Captain America: Winter Soldier, Deadpool, Logan, X-Men: Apocalypse, and Wonder Women.

That Supernatural with Nothing Else Matters playing is fucking amazing. I've already watched in 5 times lulz.

Supposedly they showed an Aquaman teaser/trailer at Comic Con but it's not being released until December 2018. I'm actually curious to see what they do with him as he's always been a lesser respected super hero or at least from the forums I've read over the years that's the impression i got.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Sunday, July 23, 2017 8:31:09 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Dope interview where they all find out simultaneously that Michael Emerson is going to be on the show next season...

tippi dink

posted Sunday, July 23, 2017 8:48:50 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i believe you. man you should have seen the screwface i made when i read your post that there was a musical episode. just... why?

you've already seen a lot of my favorites.. logan, deadpool, and winter soldier were all fantastic. none of the dc movies are essential aside from wonder woman lol, that's honestly the only good one imo

the "essential" marvel ones, essential is in quotes because they're all pretty much essential if you want to understand everything in that universe, would be

guardians of the galaxy
spider-man homecoming
captain america: civil war
avengers (the first one)
x-men days of future past
x-men first class

also the first two iron man films, 3rd one was pretty weak though. doctor strange isn't bad, really isn't that much like the comics but it's a visually impressive film, kinda reminds me of inception

ant-man is solid too, that and guardians are probably the only two marvel films that i found actually funny. haven't seen guardians of the galaxy 2 so i can't really comment on that.

aquaman is a dc character i know virtually nothing about except for the earlier golden age stuff where he could speak to fish and control them. not familiar with any of the modern stuff really. i'm willing to give the movie a shot though.

you guys see this? it's a netflix movie that the dude who wrote the screenplay for chronicle and is also doing the remake of american werewolf in london. it seems sorta like bad boys except with fantasy creatures lol.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Sunday, July 23, 2017 10:20:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
^That trailer actually looks dope as fuck. Is it an original screenplay or was it based off a comic book?

Good looks on the movie recs. Gonna try to check out the first Guardians this week. DC and Marvel are close in regards to TV shows but most of the DC movies didn't get great reviews. I tried watching Suicide Squad and half hour in switched it off. Batman vs Superman got shit reviews.

Side note but dude who played Clark Kent in Smallville is going to have a recurring role on the third season of Lucifer. You ever peep Lucifer tippi? Kallisti put me onto it last year. Pretty great procedural show with some nice tongue-in-cheek humor and a greater seasonal arc the first two seasons.

weed9

Total Posts: 24
posted Sunday, July 23, 2017 10:23:32 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for weed9
shoutout to LL

Partial IP: 76.180.214

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Sunday, July 23, 2017 10:24:49 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Yo lugy whats your favorite TV show based on a comic?

Here's video of the Welling introduction...

weed9

Total Posts: 24
posted Sunday, July 23, 2017 10:27:41 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for weed9

Partial IP: 76.180.214

tippi dink

posted Monday, July 24, 2017 10:35:36 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
as far as i know it's an original, the fact that it's coming to netflix is kinda surprising though, netflix is bringing that heat with all these original/exclusive shows and movies.

i agree that dc and marvel are close when it comes to shows, but i think marvel is better just because of consistency. flash and arrow are the only live-action dc shows that i like, even though they definitely have some weaker moments/seasons. maybe i'll like legends of tomorrow too but i havent it yet.

with the animated stuff it's a different story though, dc completely wipes the floor with marvel in that regard. under the red hood, flashpoint paradox, batman year one, mask of the phantasm, return of the joker, justice league:doom, and crisis on two earths are all great. they did a great job at adapting stories straight out of the comics. i do like how with arrow and flash there are some differences to switch things up, and i guess the way to get around people complaining that things are different and explain it would be to bring up the multiverse/multiple earths. suicide squad is booty juice, and so is batman vs superman. it's really unfortunate. not only are they not good, but they're also just not fun to watch. i think even the worst marvel films are rewatchable.

i've never seen lucifer, but i know the character from the sandman and the 20 issues i read of his solo book, which is the first 3 trade volumes out of 11 i think. always meant to check out the show but i just never got around to it and even though it's got high ratings on imdb, i don't hear people talk about it all that often for some reason. haven't seen the constantine show either but the fact that it got canceled before the first season ended didn't really get me excited to check it out lol. i was surprised that the same dude who plays constantine on that show also played him on arrow in that one flashback.

Kallisti87

posted Monday, July 24, 2017 10:57:44 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
Those tvline interviews were really good, took awhile to get through them all just now, lol. Clock, you watch Orphan Black yet? That last scene was sick, lol.
Something to keep in mind with the Fox Marvel films is they're not tied to the MCU, so X-Men, Deadpool, Logan and Fantastic Four movies are separate from the rest. I remember X-Men: Days of Future past made me laugh when I watched it.

tippi you watch Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders last year? Batman was voiced by the late Adam West in it. imo it was the best Batman movie of 2016. Also one of the best comedies I watched last year, laughed a bunch watching it.

Clock, good timing on watching Guardians of the Galaxy, since the sequel will be out early next month.

tippi, you'll probably like this youtube channel, they upload full Stoner/Doom albums all the time. https://www.youtube.com/user/StonedMeadowOfDoom93/videos

That Amesoeurs album sounds good, playing it right now. Which album would you suggest checking out of Baroness first?
What other genres of metal you listen to? Was listening to this band earlier today

Leaked trailer of Avengers: Infinity Wars, hopefully they release a proper copy of it in the future.

All times are ET. The time now is 4:31 PM.Post viewed 465 timesPage: 1 2
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: