UndergroundHipHop.com 12 Days of Christmas
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (42) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Blu - Soul Amazing Part 7

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 11 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Blu - Soul Amazing Part 7

Total Posts: 16695
posted Wednesday, August 09, 2017 10:39:03 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88

Partial IP: 62.144.146

vinnny blanc

Total Posts: 5901
posted Wednesday, August 09, 2017 11:11:41 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for vinnny blanc
Sorry but this dude has been my fav rapper since J&J. I really wish he wouulve done an album with dela before he disappeared

posted Wednesday, August 09, 2017 11:25:09 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
l'orange too.

posted Wednesday, August 09, 2017 11:29:09 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
underrated blu/sene tracks:

tippi dink

Total Posts: 5135
posted Wednesday, August 09, 2017 11:35:58 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
does anyone know what actually happened to dela? he came out of nowhere and put out a bunch of great projects back to back and then just disappeared into the aether forever.

i'd love to hear a blu project produced by either of those guys though, still hoping l'orange will happen at some point. i wonder when we're gonna get that new blu & exile. when was that image posted where they were in the studio together, maybe 5 months ago? hopefully that'll drop in 2018. i know some people don't like how much blu has been experimenting with different styles and rapping over different types of production but he can still rap his ass off, i think he's still got at least one more great project left in him.

posted Wednesday, August 09, 2017 11:41:04 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
i haven't been feeling blu's latest electro albums, and i feel like his album with madlib was the biggest hip hop related disappointment in recent memory (especially considering how great the lead single, burgundy whip, was), but blu is still my favourite rapper in the world, currently.

when was that image posted where they were in the studio together, maybe 5 months ago? hopefully that'll drop in 2018.

flowers was recorded in 2009 and wasn't released until 2012, so, if we do get an album from them any time soon, it might be one that they recorded years ago.

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, August 09, 2017 11:52:54 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
yeah bad neighbor was definitely a huge disappointment for me as well, on paper that seems like it would be the greatest album ever but it just felt like no one really tried that hard, all the artists involved could have done a lot better because they've proven that they can in the past. the beats aren't madlibs best and the rapping was serviceable at best. part of me wishes they would give it another shot and put out another album together, but i'm afraid it would be more of the same.

i know flowers was recorded in 2009, but i've heard people say that the reason blu waited so long to put it out is because he wanted to release it on warner bros but that fell through and then he was no longer with the label, so then he just released it himself on bandcamp. no idea how much of that is true, but i hope it is since it would mean we might get this new album sooner rather than later lol.

posted Wednesday, August 09, 2017 11:58:11 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
i know flowers was recorded in 2009, but i've heard people say that the reason blu waited so long to put it out is because he wanted to release it on warner bros but that fell through and then he was no longer with the label, so then he just released it himself on bandcamp. no idea how much of that is true, but i hope it is since it would mean we might get this new album sooner rather than later lol.

hmm, i never realized that, but it does make sense, since it's similar to what happened with no york. i'm guessing he wanted to put no york out on warner as his debut, and then flowers as the follow up.

but, who knows, it's been 8 years since the last album they recorded. they could have recorded an album somewhere in there, and just haven't released it. for all we know, the pic you saw was them working on their fourth album, rather than their third. but let's not get carried away here. hopefully a new album drops from these two. that's all i want.

here's a blu and exile song i haven't really listened to, just because i ignored the album in general, because i don't like aloe blacc as a rapper:

vinnny blanc

posted Wednesday, August 09, 2017 12:07:53 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for vinnny blanc
Yea 88 idk how I left that out but the l'orange collab needs to happen ASAP. Him and azaia could make a classic too but l'orange is the number 1 priority

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, August 09, 2017 12:17:39 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
yeah maybe, which is pretty interesting since from what i understand most of the verses on flowers were older and just didn't have beats. funny how noyork! leaked before flowers even though the tracks on flowers are technically older. makes sense though since york was more out there/experimental than his previous material and that's pretty much direction he continued in after that. also i just noticed that flowers was officially released way before york was, which is pretty interesting. man, what a mess lol.

i agree with what you said though 100%, i'd be grateful just to get a new ep from these guys regardless of when it was recorded. new music is new music.

posted Wednesday, August 09, 2017 12:26:23 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
i'm listening to this new soul amazing, and, fuck, it's good. i haven't heard most of these tracks, since i haven't really been keeping up. admittedly, i haven't ever checked out this series, but i'll have to go back and get them all now, lol.

vinnny blanc

posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 6:11:48 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for vinnny blanc
Bump

All times are ET. The time now is 9:57 AM.Post viewed 575 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: