UndergroundHipHop.com 12 Days of Christmas
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (42) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Canibus And Gza

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 16 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Canibus And Gza
nihdle

Total Posts: 17
posted Friday, January 26, 2018 3:37:00 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for nihdle
big fan of both does anybody have info on either of the two? and if you could check us out with the first track that we're promoting our album that will be released in whatever form outlet we choose and decide on, so until then if possible i was wondering if you can check us out and give feed back. thank you https://soundcloud.com/cyphaunlted_81/native-thoughts

Partial IP: 193.86.117

eseph84

Total Posts: 7639
Location: my mom says that if someone picks on me that they like me. well i never felt so loved. thank u ughh!
posted Friday, January 26, 2018 3:53:31 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
ok so gza is from nyc, brooklyn to be exact. he has made a lot of classic music including words from the genius and liquid swords. and also is a member of the famed wu tang clan

canibus is from Canada and has made a lot of classic music including words from the genius and liquid swords. and also is a member of the famed wu tang clan

hope that helps

song is incredible btw. keep grinding you will def make the xxl freshman class

Partial IP: 224.194.89

nihdle

posted Friday, January 26, 2018 4:15:06 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for nihdle
^ thank you for that born yesterday assessment. now, are there any knowledgeable adults?

Partial IP: 193.86.117

tippi dink

Total Posts: 8005
posted Friday, January 26, 2018 4:17:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
i got u

Gary Grice developed an interest in hip-hop by attending block parties as a child in the early 1970s. He was involved in breakdance, graffiti, and DJing. Early on he developed an interest in writing, studying Mother Goose and nursery rhyme. In 1974-76 he listened to The Last Poets,[10] however he was attracted by profanity rather than content, and didn't understand the underlying messages until many years later. The Last Poets, as well as songs by The Isley Brothers, the Commodores, and the O'Jays had a big part in his early life, especially regarding the tone and cadence of speech.[11] Later on, he began to listen to hip hop and R&B, for example by Secret Weapon and Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five.[12]

He formed a three-man group with his cousins, Robert Diggs and Russell Jones, who would later be known as RZA and Ol' Dirty Bastard. At the time he didn't like the sound of his voice.[11] The group, FOI: Force of the Imperial Master, and later All in Together,[13] saw the three rapping and DJing, switching names and performing local shows; since they lived in different boroughs, GZA and Ol' Dirty would travel from Brooklyn out to Staten Island to meet up with their cousin RZA, after which the three would travel across New York City and challenge other MCs to battles.[14] He left school in the 10th grade, but nurtured his affection for science as he developed his skills as a lyricist.[15]

After some years of this, GZA was signed to Cold Chillin' Records as a solo artist under the name The Genius.[16] He released his debut album, Words from the Genius (1991), produced mostly by Easy Mo Bee, but after it failed to sell, as the label didn't promote it, and his rocky experience on tour, Grice became fed up and asked to be release from the label.[10][17] The album's beat selection is similar to the classic boom-bap sound of the early 1990s, while the lyricism subject is the everyday situations of an individual living in the parts of New York.[18] At the time he worked as a bicycle messenger.[14]

In 1992, GZA joined the Wu-Tang Clan, a group of nine, formed by his cousin RZA. GZA had some high-profile appearances on the group's debut album, Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) (1993), including a solo track, "Clan in da Front".[19] This, combined with appearances on other Clan members' albums such as Return to the 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version (1995) and Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... (1995) brought him much recognition. According to Method Man, "we form like Voltron and GZA happens to be the head".[19]

These guest appearances were followed up in 1995 with GZA's second studio album, Liquid Swords, produced and recorded entirely in the basement studio by RZA, with the participation of all original Clan members. It was released on November 7 by Geffen Records.[19] The album's complex composition included dialogue sampled from kung fu film Shogun Assassin. The album was met with positive reviews and sold well. It is considered to be one of the best albums from the Wu-Tang camp. It peaked at the #9 spot on the Billboard 200 chart and #2 on the Top R&B/Hip Hop Albums chart.[20] On October 8, 2015, the Recording Industry Association of America announced that the album had earned a Platinum certification for having sold more than 1 million copies. It became the first Wu-Tang-related album to get certified since 2004, when Method Man and Ghostface Killah both earned plaques.[16] In addition, he directed music videos for four album singles.[13]

After appearing on the Wu-Tang Clan's second album, Wu-Tang Forever (1997), his third studio album Beneath the Surface was released by MCA Records in 1999. The album and its singles "Crash Your Crew" and "Breaker, Breaker" met with critical acclaim.[21] The album earned a Gold certification by RIAA,[16] peaked at #9 on the Billboard 200 chart, and topped the Top R&B/Hip Hop Albums chart.[22]

Seme__one

Total Posts: 2654
posted Friday, January 26, 2018 4:24:43 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
try this "thing" called "google"

its amazing

tippi dink

posted Friday, January 26, 2018 4:25:41 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
here is a photo of GZA performing at Paid Dues in New York City, 4 June 2008

Seme__one

posted Friday, January 26, 2018 4:51:10 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one

lets get down to what this thread is really about

no mask

Total Posts: 10121
posted Friday, January 26, 2018 4:51:15 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
all i know is that gza's best album is words from the genius. of course i mean the re-issue version that replaced the pop track "come do me" with the mega ill "pass the bone" with rza. thats really all you need by him.

canibus hurt his arm and then he lost a battle.

tippi dink

posted Friday, January 26, 2018 4:53:53 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
fuck this clickbait title

Seme__one

posted Friday, January 26, 2018 4:55:04 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
^ "lol" no mask you are a one

eseph84

Total Posts: 7639
Location: my mom says that if someone picks on me that they like me. well i never felt so loved. thank u ughh!
posted Friday, January 26, 2018 5:12:44 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
i know its ironic as all hell for me of all people to troll the aspiring artists, but it's too hard to resist sometimes. lol

have a good weekend my ughhstaz

nihdle

posted Friday, January 26, 2018 5:40:04 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for nihdle
wow, you girls must all have diplomas from toys r us and used comic view as an educational tool. now, to cure your menstrual cycle finger cramping from double clicking like ALL DAY is leave moms house and get some fresh air oh and job also helps. too the one they call mask its actually beneath the surface as his best. "click bait" is something i dont do child but if you wasnt too busy being Condescending and facetious you would have read that there was a sentence before the question mark THEN a side note to listen but digress cause i get it, you're marking your territory and this is home to you so to each his own just say you dont know or keep it moving its not space x rocket science

litney spears

Total Posts: 3945
Location: Whattup Fosters. You know I been drinkin nuffin but dem good limited release beers, all Double IPA's
posted Friday, January 26, 2018 6:34:52 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for litney spears
Canibus has taken more Ls than any rapper
I think GZA is at his baby mamas house selling dub sacks of weed

mic_data

Total Posts: 1490
posted Friday, January 26, 2018 6:53:13 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mic_data
Canibus had the greatest rhyme of all time, but he would never let it out his archive... too bad cus he use that shit right about now...anyway he finally left this rap shit alone and kicks his incredible rhymes in the privacy of his own home.

Mental Patient UGHH Artist

Total Posts: 4830
posted Friday, January 26, 2018 7:23:59 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mental Patient
Eseph - lmao! 👍;

Nihdle - why ask about those 2 when you just want your music heard?

Just be like check out my art ughh 🎹;

VicOne

Total Posts: 5107
posted Wednesday, March 07, 2018 2:57:14 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for VicOne   Click Here to Email VicOne

CAChri$t(IE)

Total Posts: 8291
posted Wednesday, March 07, 2018 3:07:15 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for CAChri$t(IE)
one time I was tripping on acid and was rapping with the GZA and he looked pretty put off by the whole thing so I sat down lol

All times are ET. The time now is 6:30 AM.Post viewed 1203 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: