UndergroundHipHop.com 12 Days of Christmas
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (72) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Just Got An Email From Mike Regarding UGHH And Delayed Orders.........

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 102 replies
Page: 1 2 3
AuthorTopic:  Just Got An Email From Mike Regarding UGHH And Delayed Orders.........
WiCkEd22

Total Posts: 36928
Location: SF Bay Area www,twitter,com/BayAreaWicked audiomack,com/artist/wicked22 www,hulkshare,com/wicked22
posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:33:14 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for WiCkEd22   Click Here to Email WiCkEd22

Partial IP: 224.194.89

WiCkEd22

Location: SF Bay Area www,twitter,com/BayAreaWicked audiomack,com/artist/wicked22 www,hulkshare,com/wicked22
posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:36:25 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for WiCkEd22   Click Here to Email WiCkEd22

Not sure why Mike hasn't addressed anything here on the board though...

Total Posts: 20251
Location: What does god have to do with the pronunciation of a word?
posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:41:51 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
hm. so a bunch of employees jumped ship when quest left, and now icon's short staffed and in a tough spot. i feel for him, and understand it. i'm not saying it's right, but i get it. damn.

hopefully icon can fill those empty positions on his staff quick, and start pulling ughh out of the hole. it's a pretty unenviable place to be in, especially when your business sells products that are going obsolete.

WiCkEd22

posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:45:01 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for WiCkEd22   Click Here to Email WiCkEd22

so a bunch of employees jumped ship when quest left, and now icon's short staffed and in a tough spot. i feel for him, and understand it. i'm not saying it's right, but i get it. damn.

^I get it and I'm sympathetic, but still, why hasn't Mike himself been down at the Fulfillment Center personally filling orders and shipping them out? Instead he's out in Europe doing who knows what. Just doesn't seem right to me. And why didn't he get out in front of all this?

Whatever the case, I hope UGHH survives...

posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:48:50 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
yeah, i don't know the story of him being in europe or the possible behind-the-scenes drama of the staff fallout, and i don't want to jump to conclusions. but i'm sure whatever happened, it wasn't easy to get through, and icon's trying his best in a difficult situation.

tippi dink

Total Posts: 8025
posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:49:44 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
regardless of the shitty situation, it's still pretty unprofessional to go silent and not let your paying customers know what's going on. he could have posted this exact message in the 3 page thread here that's been up for 3 weeks. people are just asking for a little bit of transparency here lol.

WiCkEd22

posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:58:48 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for WiCkEd22   Click Here to Email WiCkEd22

EXACTLY, Tippi.

Funny how almost EVERY fuckin human being just can't seem to do that... smh

POP KILL

Total Posts: 6900
posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:59:05 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for POP KILL
I'm just waiting on my Evidence vinyl.

posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 12:05:20 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
And why didn't he get out in front of all this?

i imagine a scenario, where he lost a bunch of staff members, and, already being in a struggling business, kept it quiet, in hopes that he could quickly replace those employees, without causing any concern to stakeholders (ie customers, artists, etc.). in other words, act like everything's fine, because doing the opposite might scare an already anxious group of people off. the main priority here being fixing the problem without anyone noticing the problem in the first place. and the business (by "business", i mean the whole industry of physical music retail and distribution, rather than just ughh) is already losing stakeholders, so avoiding doing anything that might cause more stakeholders to jump ship seems logical. in the short term. but then he wasn't able to immediately replace those staff members. the longer he held off on filling those positions, the more the business struggled. meanwhile, keeping quiet about the problem started to become a problem in itself. stakeholders started wondering what's going on with orders and payments. perhaps icon started wondering, "do i tell everyone about the problem, so they understand the delays, but then they might lose my trust for keeping it from them? or do i keep focusing on fixing the problem, because it doesn't matter how many people do/don't trust me if the problem still exists? what do i do?" in either case, he could lose stakeholder faith/investment.

this is merely a hypothesis, and is most likely a purely fictional thought experiment from a crazed lunatic. ignore it, entirely.

WiCkEd22

posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 12:08:15 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for WiCkEd22   Click Here to Email WiCkEd22

I have two open orders and I'm owed 8 records...

Evidence LP, K. Sparks & Es-K LP, Masta Killa LP, Planet Asia LP, Rapsody LP, Rock LP, TEQNiK G LP, Von Pea & Other Guys "For:You" LP.

WiCkEd22

posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 12:11:38 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for WiCkEd22   Click Here to Email WiCkEd22

88, I get all of that, but Mike KNEW for the longest time that Quest contract was ending Feb 1. Quest did just about EVERYTHING on UGHH except fill the actual orders. Mike didn't hire anyone to replace Quest nor did he have Quest train anyone on anything. Mike should have been on top of all that MONTHS ago.

posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 12:12:51 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
that's a good point. but i don't know the full story, so not going to jump to any conclusions, or make any arm chair hypothesis about it.

WiCkEd22

posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 12:15:36 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for WiCkEd22   Click Here to Email WiCkEd22

*shrugs*

LiquidDo$e

Total Posts: 14178
posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 12:50:08 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for LiquidDo$e
Its quite possible he just doesn't give a fuck either?

Nassau William Senior

Total Posts: 4476
Location: NWS I agree with u most of the time, but in this case you are smoked the fuck out bro
posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 12:52:15 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
LOL at that "cut and paste" reply that Mike is clearly sending to everyone, vendors included.

That gives no update on any specific order, or if the store is getting new inventory.

C'est la vie.

eseph84

Total Posts: 7652
Location: my mom says that if someone picks on me that they like me. well i never felt so loved. thank u ughh!
posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 2:31:14 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
better late than never.

hope ya'll get your stuff and mic gets his staff back up to speed

all we can hope for.

WiCkEd22

posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 2:39:47 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for WiCkEd22   Click Here to Email WiCkEd22

Just got a personal email from Mike. Supposedly all is back to normal now. We shall see... *fingers crossed*

Nassau William Senior

Location: NWS I agree with u most of the time, but in this case you are smoked the fuck out bro
posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 2:44:42 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
Hope my order still ships and then my bank credits me back. I will never order from UGHH again after this disaster.

Nassau William Senior

posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 2:46:36 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
And I still haven't got a reply email from any of my tickets or direct emails to Mike.

They might be "back to normal", but normal isn't ignoring peoples emails. Especially for UGHH, the former champ in customer service.

POP KILL

Total Posts: 6900
posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 2:57:13 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for POP KILL
Im honestly not tripping, i have faith that shit will be straight and i will receive my order..

Nassau William Senior

posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 3:04:02 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior

Seme__one

Total Posts: 2654
posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 3:25:46 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
seeing as its a struggling business in a competitive and shrinking market not the best move to ignore the forum, twitter, email and any other form of communication with the faithful few that still buy physical and the faithful fewer that brought into the subscription. Yes business is hard but this sort of customer "service" in this modern day of ease of communication is not on, how simple this could have all been put to rest with some prompt communication, instead untold damage and loss of faith and orders

schoolboy error

Mental Patient UGHH Artist

Total Posts: 4844
posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 5:23:18 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mental Patient
If orders didn't ship on time and there was a lag in reply time, I get why ppl can be upset. Fair enough.

However I don't like how Wicked is approaching this.

Wicked you've been on ughh for years.
Why not do this in a more tasteful way than publically airing a of this out?

Then you have several dudes here trying to give their business advice.

I support what Icon is doing.

I want ughh to succeed and want to see it taken to the next level.

My bad if Im dissing anyone here. You too Wicked.

I send and give my love to this situation. Bless.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

Total Posts: 11811
Location: Gayrilla Monsoon (Gino) X Gay Mysterio Jr. (Ollie) - All Up In That Butt
posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 6:52:24 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
since the banner up top doesnt re direct u like its supposed to back to the forums ive def noticed wen it sends me to the store that it hasnt changed in over 6 weeks.

WiCkEd22

posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 8:43:41 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for WiCkEd22   Click Here to Email WiCkEd22

I don't like how Wicked is approaching this.

Wicked you've been on ughh for years.
Why not do this in a more tasteful way than publically airing a of this out?

^I've been buying from the UGHH store for over 10 years and NEVER had any problems. Well, the few times there was potentially a problem, Quest immediately handled it and BOOM, everything was fine. Funny how once Quest was gone, everything (temporarily?) went to shit. NEVER before did I send an email regarding an order and not get a response. Look, the first post I made on here regarding somethin bein up I made after over a week of no response from UGHH. Funny thing was UGHH had still been active on Twitter, IT and FB. So I'm like WTF?! Plus Crumple, I had a relationship with Quest. I don't know Icon The Mike King and have not had any sort of relationship with him. Remember, up until Feb 1, Quest had still worked at UGHH and he still handled everything except actually filling the orders and shipping them. Also, I PAID my hard-earned money, $200 to be exact, for 9 records and 1 cd and I then I get a package from UGHH with the cd that was from 1 order and a record from my other order. I put all of this out there in hopes it would get Mike to act fast and get this shit fixed. Like I said earlier in the post, Mike obviously knew that Quests contract was ending Feb 1 so why wasn't he proactive in gettin all the potential problems taken care of prior to Feb 1?

Anyways, I love UGHH and always will, but let's be real for a second... this is NOT the same UGHH we've all loved since the late 90s or early 2000s. Icon The Mike King needs to earn my trust, something he doesn't have right now. The moment he's on his own (no Quest) it all (temporarily?) falls apart. I'm going to have to see how this all pays out. I know I'm not placing another order here until I feel comfortable and feel that things are ok. I hope it's sooner then later, but Who knows. That's all up to Mike...

WiCkEd22

posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 8:46:20 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for WiCkEd22   Click Here to Email WiCkEd22

*plays out

posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 8:56:49 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mental Patient
Okay. Fair enough Quest. Especially as it was over a week with no reply.

Well I hope everything works out and Mike does earn your trust.

I guess everyone know the transition is tough.

I trust it'll all work out.

jean pascal

Total Posts: 660
posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 9:04:48 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for jean pascal
i heard sp90's will work wrapping packages in return for money shots down his throat

WiCkEd22

posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 9:35:04 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for WiCkEd22   Click Here to Email WiCkEd22

I guess everyone know the transition is tough.

^This place changed ownership a little over a YEAR ago. In my opinion, Mike should have been on top of having people learn everything Quest does so when that Feb 1 contract was up all would be ok. This could have easily all been avoided. *shrugs*

Let's just hope this little hiccup is all and everything will be fine going forward. I hope. *fingers crossed*

posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:32:17 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mental Patient
No doubt 💦;

UndergroundHeadAZ

Total Posts: 925
posted Tuesday, February 20, 2018 11:57:56 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for UndergroundHeadAZ
Mike is a very, very busy person. Not only does he run UGHH.com but he has another business that he owns as well. They don't have a lot of staff, as you can see from the email. He is doing a lot that you probably don't even realize. He's doing his best to keep it going, you guys will get your stuff. Just understand the situation and appreciate that he's taking it on.

WiCkEd22

posted Wednesday, February 21, 2018 12:44:40 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for WiCkEd22   Click Here to Email WiCkEd22

^Yes, understood 100%....................
BUT he obviously knew Quest contract was up Feb 1 and obviously he knew that Quest ran EVERYTHING except actually filling and shipping out the orders. Why wasn't this planned for? There was a whole year. Cuz this is a BIG fuck up, especially when you have longtime supporters jumping ship or being hesitant about placing orders. What about all the vendors who are supposedly owed money?? None of this is acceptable. PERIOD. And get out in front of shit. If you knew that after the Holidays you would not have staff and there might be issues filling orders then TELL PEOPLE THAT!! Don't just do nothing and ignore people. You can't just ignore your customers when you've taken their money. And the fact that Mike still hasn't addressed anything on this board says a lot too. Just because a lot of posters don't buy from UGHH, the fact is tons of customers actually browse the forum. ALWAYS BE UP FRONT WITH PEOPLE!! ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S CUSTOMERS!! Not to mention the wonderful reputation UGHH has (had?) thanks to Quest.

This is where you say...

Seme__one

posted Wednesday, February 21, 2018 6:30:01 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
crump its really poor man mis-management and theres nothing worse than no contact. Its such an easy thing to fix a message to wicked or in this thread could have sorted it, how hard is that? Business advice, well yes as ignoring customers leads to shit like this. What is the point getting more customers if you can't fufil the orders. Fact is this fuck up has cost UGHH and Mike a lot of lost orders and put off new customers, something I am sure Mike doesn't want. It really wasnt that hard, it wouldnt have even taken as long as it has to type this post to put right.

recumbent_god

Total Posts: 8636
posted Wednesday, February 21, 2018 6:32:52 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for recumbent_god
Lol at wicked getting ripped off

djjlp

Total Posts: 76
posted Wednesday, February 21, 2018 8:45:03 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for djjlp   Click Here to Email djjlp
Looks like my two records did get shipped out yesterday which is a good sign.

Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 43353
posted Wednesday, February 21, 2018 8:50:25 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Wicked made a lot of good points itt in regards to knowing Quest was leaving and not being properly prepared for when that time came. And regardless of how busy he was, there's no excuse for there being a lapse of 3 weeks before responding when the social media accounts have been active during that time. At least it sounds like it's getting taken care of which bodes well for this place staying afloat for a little longer. With that being said, because of that 3 week lapse in response time, a lot of customers are probably lost for good.

Mike was pretty active on here over the past year whenever he needed to be which is surprising he hasn't logged on to address this situation.

eseph84

Total Posts: 7652
Location: my mom says that if someone picks on me that they like me. well i never felt so loved. thank u ughh!
posted Wednesday, February 21, 2018 8:52:36 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
i'm not gonna say i'm not gonna buy from here again. i hope things get back on track tbh.

amun1ra1ptah

Total Posts: 4134
posted Wednesday, February 21, 2018 9:02:38 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for amun1ra1ptah

Seme__one

posted Wednesday, February 21, 2018 9:13:23 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
Mike was pretty active on here over the past year whenever he needed to be which is surprising he hasn't logged on to address this situation

^ totally agree made it seem worse as he was normally in threads asap made it look like UGHH had gone under

Nassau William Senior

posted Wednesday, February 21, 2018 1:44:20 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
I had a relationship with Quest. I don't know Icon The Mike King and have not had any sort of relationship with him.

LOL, new location?

Still no reply for me from UGHH or Mike, shrugs.

WiCkEd22

posted Wednesday, February 21, 2018 1:51:03 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for WiCkEd22   Click Here to Email WiCkEd22

^But I thought you called your bank to get refunded like a week or more ago? If that's the case they probably saw that so what's the point of replying now??

posted Wednesday, February 21, 2018 1:51:04 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mental Patient
What? That Icon madman track is dope as fuck!

He could spit and choose dope beats.

You guys better watch your mouth to the man who put Copywrite in his place!

I think Icon could be like a superhero who saves something important in rap culture.

Why did he overthrow Copy?

Alan Partridge.

Total Posts: 1282
posted Wednesday, February 21, 2018 2:02:06 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Alan Partridge.
Michael's in charge of our internet computer.

We're also taking emails on the big question: what happens after we die?

Nassau William Senior

posted Wednesday, February 21, 2018 2:36:42 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
Still no credit from my bank. It was going to take up to 10 business days.

And UGHH should still reply anyways. Apparently when the UGHH Premier came out, I was one of the initial invites. They only invited the Top 10% of customers. I would think that thy could respond to me if they wanted my business, even if I cancelled the order.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

Total Posts: 11811
Location: Gayrilla Monsoon (Gino) X Gay Mysterio Jr. (Ollie) - All Up In That Butt
posted Wednesday, February 21, 2018 3:13:44 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
this site has always been wildly over priced even after mike bought it. i cant imagine being in the top 10% of this place even if i had all the money in the world. id still act poor if i was rich lookin for deals. that said ive only ordered from ughh 3 times and all 3 orders were atleast 200 bucks.

WiCkEd22

posted Wednesday, February 21, 2018 3:30:34 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for WiCkEd22   Click Here to Email WiCkEd22

^WRONG!!

I've been ordering regularly from UGHH for over 10 years. Sure the Major Label and more Mainstream CD's tend to be a little more expensive, but who cares? All the "Underground" shit is typically cheaper PLUS there used to ALWAYS be great Coupons and after Mike took it over it was always free shipping if you spend $75 or more. I wouldn't regularly buy here if I could get shit cheaper elsewhere. And sure, the CD's that were more expensive I simply bought from Amazon since we're a Prime Member.

WiCkEd22

posted Wednesday, February 21, 2018 3:31:29 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for WiCkEd22   Click Here to Email WiCkEd22

Gotta love when ignorant morons say stupid shit they really have no clue about. Get real. smfh

Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 43353
posted Wednesday, February 21, 2018 3:33:25 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
One of the things I, along with others suggested was to get exclusive CD's, giveaways, etc only available on UGHH to bring the store a little more traffic. I remember last year Quest or Mike saying they were in the works of developing exclusive music to the site but haven't heard any updates on it in awhile.

Nassau William Senior

posted Wednesday, February 21, 2018 4:41:38 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
Wife just texted..."You got a package from UGHH today".

LOL!

posted Wednesday, February 21, 2018 4:45:29 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
dope text. seriously.

Nassau William Senior

posted Wednesday, February 21, 2018 4:55:30 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior

^^Finally...I'll call my bank tomorrow. Mike, ur still good in my book. But, a return email (from anyone) would have been appreciated. I didn't even get an email that it shipped (which I would assume is automated, lol).

Oh, well. UGHH is still alive and kicking.

To keep it hip hop...love this track...

posted Wednesday, February 21, 2018 4:57:21 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
i still have yet to check that album. damn, i'm slipping.

All times are ET. The time now is 9:36 PM.Post viewed 3588 timesPage: 1 2 3
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: