Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (46) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Record Store Day 2018 (april 21, 2018)

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 15 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Record Store Day 2018 (april 21, 2018)
Nassau William Senior

Total Posts: 3950
posted Tuesday, March 06, 2018 3:01:37 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
HOLY FUCK...this year looks AMAZING!!

Czarface/MF Doom Man's - Worst Enemy [7"+Comic Book] 7"
Dessa - Quinine [Clear Blue Vinyl] 7"
Slightly Stoopid - Stay The Same/Prayer For You 7"
Soundtrack - Up In Smoke [Cheech & Chong] [Green Vinyl] 7"
9th Wonder - Zion II [2LP] LP
Banner, David - The God Box [2LP] LP
Base, Rob & DJ E-Z Rock - It Takes Two [Opaque Red 30th Anniversary] LP
Cam'ron - Purple Haze [2LP Purple Color] LP
Common - Can I Borrow A Dollar! [2LP+7"] LP
Compton's Most Wanted - Music To Driveby LP
Cypress Hill - Black Sunday Remixes LP
Diplo - California 12"
Dr. Dre - Dre Day 12"
Dr. Octagon - Moosebumps: Instrumentals [2LP/CD] LP
Glasper, Robert Experience - Robert Glasper X Kaytranada: Artscience Remixes 10"
J Dilla - Ruff Draft: Dilla's Mix [2LP] LP
Lil Uzi Vert - Luv Is Rage [Yellow Color] LP
Lil Uzi Vert - The Perfect LUV Tape [Purple Color] LP
Living Legends - Almost Famous [2LP Picture Disc] LP
Murphy, Eddie - Eddie Murphy: Comedian LP
Nas - Live From The Kennedy Center [2LP 180 Gram] LP
Notorious B.I.G. - Juicy [Clear/Black Marble Swirl] 12"
Raekwon - Vatican Mixtape Vol. 1 [2LP] LP
Raekwon - Vatican Mixtape Vol. 2 [2LP] LP
Raekwon - Vatican Mixtape Vol. 3 [2LP] LP
Rapsody - The Idea Of Beautiful [2LP Hot Pink] LP
Run The Jewels - Stay Gold Collectors Jewel Box [Clear] 12"
Sublime - 89 Vision 10"
Too $Hort - Short Dog's In The House LP
Torae - Daily Conversation [10th Anniversary 2LP] LP
Ugly Duckling - Audacity [10th Anniversary 2LP +7"] LP
Various Artists - Krush Groove [Orange & Blue Color] LP
Wu-Tang - The Saga Instrumental EP 12"
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) CT

WOW!!

Partial IP: 224.194.89

Nassau William Senior

posted Tuesday, March 06, 2018 3:06:34 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
Slightly Stoopid - Stay The Same/Prayer For You 7"
Common - Can I Borrow A Dollar! [2LP+7"] LP
Compton's Most Wanted - Music To Driveby LP
Dr. Octagon - Moosebumps: Instrumentals [2LP/CD] LP
Glasper, Robert Experience - Robert Glasper X Kaytranada: Artscience Remixes 10"
Living Legends - Almost Famous [2LP Picture Disc] LP
Murphy, Eddie - Eddie Murphy: Comedian LP
Nas - Live From The Kennedy Center [2LP 180 Gram] LP
Run The Jewels - Stay Gold Collectors Jewel Box [Clear] 12"
Ugly Duckling - Audacity [10th Anniversary 2LP +7"] LP

are mandatory imo...lots of other gems that I might end up purchasing.

Gino - How are those Raekwon mixtapes?

no mask - How is Purple Haze?

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

Total Posts: 10132
posted Tuesday, March 06, 2018 3:07:34 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
i have 1 and 2 or 2 and 3 i dont remember. also 4 was released digitally. ther ok, def mixtape type comps

CAChri$t(IE)

Total Posts: 8291
posted Tuesday, March 06, 2018 3:08:46 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for CAChri$t(IE)
Purple Haze & 36 Chambers both have shit og presses so we’ll see if they fix the sound this time around.

CAChri$t(IE)

posted Tuesday, March 06, 2018 3:24:53 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for CAChri$t(IE)
C Deez nuts Lowei

tippi dink

Total Posts: 7231
posted Tuesday, March 06, 2018 3:41:36 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
lol

crOwcaine

Total Posts: 8205
Location: You can make a jungle track on like 80 bpms it's just you can't get the high hats to move fast enoug
posted Tuesday, March 06, 2018 3:53:38 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for crOwcaine
Gonna check for the RTJ and Cypress shit.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Tuesday, March 06, 2018 3:55:19 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
cam shoulda just dropped a purple 7 inch with soap opera and killa cam on it like the purple rain 45.

Sp 90s

Total Posts: 2975
posted Tuesday, March 06, 2018 4:06:11 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Sp 90s
Lol Cac.

Sp 90s

Total Posts: 2975
posted Tuesday, March 06, 2018 4:09:25 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Sp 90s
The last 5 RSDs habe been wack imo as far as releases this one looks better as far as hip hop goes, but the only one you posted ill consider copping is the Dr. Oct instrumentals.

Theres Planet Terror and some Morricone joint i may pick up this year, but nothing ill line up for.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Tuesday, March 06, 2018 4:11:42 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
im surprised ther isnt atleast one rap 45 boxset. i guess they dont sell real well.

CAChri$t(IE)

posted Tuesday, March 06, 2018 4:20:24 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for CAChri$t(IE)
I only have one 45 set and I’m looking to sell it

Nassau William Senior

posted Friday, April 13, 2018 2:33:45 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
Bump

eseph84

Total Posts: 7372
posted Friday, April 13, 2018 2:40:39 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
thanks!, shoot its creeping up, gotta get the czar.

Tadow

Total Posts: 1108
posted Monday, April 16, 2018 6:33:02 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Tadow
https://www.stereogum.com/1991693/numero-group-blasts-record-store-day-the-only-people-who-are-really-happy-are-the-major-record-companies/news/?amp=1

Numerophiles-

Over the past decade we’ve had an on-again, off-again relationship with Record Store Day. What started off as a clever way to support independent shops during a physical and sonic recession has blown up into an unwieldy grip-and-bitch fest. Lines, fights, flippers, backed up pressing plants, stock shorts, stocking and pricing at 4am the morning of, and that inevitable mark down bin filled with all manner of wasted petroleum and bad ideas. If you’ve ever walked into a record store on the third Saturday in April you know the drag of which we speak. The only people who are really happy are the major record companies who continue to prop the whole charade up with overpriced singles and needless pic discs. The stores make their nut and keep the lights on for another year. Rinse and repeat.

It would be a lie to say that Numero has not benefited from this hysteria, as stores have generously brought in our left field wares with full knowledge that they wouldn’t be the must buy of the day. We’ve always strived to manufacture records that would find their audience well after the shop closed. WTNG was panned so hard upon issue, and for years copies sat sealed in RSD leftovers bins. Store owners called it our worst release ever, some returned them, and more than a few times— while trawling the used and cut-out bins looking to fill out our own collections and future compilations, bought heavily-discounted, still-sealed copies to later resell for subzero profit. But through the lens of time, the album has become a classic in the Sausalito-cum-Yacht school of mixes. Songs by Caroline Peyton, Greenflow, Timothy, Archie James Cavanaugh have soundtracked High Maintenance, Broad City, and Magic Mike. Whatever sweat was spilled by disgruntled shop owners over those unsold albums has been forgotten.

For the sake of argument, go ahead and count the number of classic records issued on Record Store Day. (We’ll Wait.) Are there more than a dozen? Unlikely, because at its core RSD is a marketing event designed to generate traffic by pushing manufactured rarities that scrape off the chaff from deluxe edition CD bonus material and flaunt their first-time-on-wax status while remaining no less unessential, not a day to celebrate the best this backwards industry has to offer. And that’s something we just can’t hang with. Record stores need customers that understand that every day is Record Store Day, and record labels need to create crackerjack titles that—in the words of Ahmet Ertegun, “move the listener to such an extent that he or she has to get up out of bed, walk ten blocks, borrow twenty dollars from a friend and run to an all-night shop to buy the record to hear it again.”

This week we’re issuing two timeless records on the industry-standardized Friday release date. They’re not punitively or intentionally limited, nor are they expensive. They weren’t born by pouring over an Excel document that had pre-approved titles from the sales department. We encourage you to buy them from an independent retailer, and hope these folks left some room in the budget to bring a couple in. If not, you can get them from us. Folks in Chicagoland will be happy to know that our annual pop up store will happen on Saturday, April 21st, with an assortment of new and used records, the debut issue of our new magazine Periodical Numerical, our usual array of miscellaneous weirdness, and a handful of other surprises. Borrow twenty bucks if you have to.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Monday, April 16, 2018 6:43:07 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
^^^thats pretty fantastic. numero group has a ton of dope stuff.

All times are ET. The time now is 4:39 PM.Post viewed 1099 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: