Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (33) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Alain Goraguer - La Plančte Sauvage: Original Soundtrack (lp)

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 7 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Alain Goraguer - La Plančte Sauvage: Original Soundtrack (lp)
Nassau William Senior

Total Posts: 3468
Location: Being like a shrink in the underground for the masses.
posted Tuesday, March 06, 2018 4:58:22 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
I know some of you love this album...get it now. Preorder at Fat Beats. Peace!

Alain Goraguer - La Plančte Sauvage: Original Soundtrack (LP - Fat Beats Exclusive Red Vinyl)

Alain Goraguer's immensely influential soundtrack to the cult-classic '70s film, La Planete Sauvage gets a very special edition LP, issued on translucent red vinyl, limited to 500 copies, exclusive to Fat Beats.

Superior Viaduct's 2014 blue vinyl reissue trades hands for upwards of $100 on the second-hand market -- don't sleep on this one!

Animated sci-fi masterpiece La Plančte Sauvage (a.k.a. Fantastic Planet), winner at Cannes Film Festival in 1973, is a bizarre and beautiful film. Towering blue-skinned figures, tiny humanoids in the midst of revolt, and drug-induced Tantric sex transport viewers to a truly magical setting.

Composer Alain Goraguer creates an equally hypnotic score from a palette of effects-laden guitars, flutes, Fender Rhodes and strings. While the lush arrangements are reminiscent of Goraguer's collaborations with Serge Gainsbourg in the 1960s, space-age synth flourishes suggest a more psychedelic era. Moody vignettes flow together in tense, slow-paced funk rhythms and Baroque textures.

It comes as no surprise that La Plančte Sauvage has been cited as an influence on contemporary artists such as French duo Air and American hip-hop producers J Dilla and Madlib. Gorgeous, interplanetary soundscapes resemble the surreal meeting point between Pink Floyd's Obscured by Clouds and Broadcast's Future Crayon.

This long out-of-print vinyl release features the original soundtrack recording and newly designed artwork. Recommended for fans of Ennio Morricone, Basil Kirchin and David Axelrod.

Partial IP: 97.213.158

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

Total Posts: 8137
posted Tuesday, March 06, 2018 4:59:33 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
this is one of the soundtracks i really want. i got the movie 4 yrs ago and loved the music even more.

Partial IP: 224.194.89

Total Posts: 18258
Location: What does god have to do with the pronunciation of a word?
posted Tuesday, March 06, 2018 4:59:49 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
bump

soundtrack gets pretty repetitive, but the main few songs are incredible. hella dope movie too.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Tuesday, March 06, 2018 5:02:39 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo

Nassau William Senior

Total Posts: 3468
Location: Being like a shrink in the underground for the masses.
posted Tuesday, March 06, 2018 5:10:41 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
nice ETW

Partial IP: 97.213.158

Total Posts: 18258
Location: What does god have to do with the pronunciation of a word?
posted Tuesday, March 06, 2018 5:47:05 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
i got the OG dvd, and the criterion collection blu-ray from last year. prob going to donate the dvd to my local library.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Tuesday, March 06, 2018 5:59:20 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
i got mine as u see from seoul south korea. literally the longest ive ever waited for something to come in the mail. 24 days exactly.

Don-Barzini

Total Posts: 485
posted Tuesday, March 06, 2018 6:28:37 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Don-Barzini
Baller Shit.

All times are ET. The time now is 8:00 AM.Post viewed 571 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: