Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (48) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Thoughts On This Album?

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 6 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Thoughts On This Album?
aeokq

Total Posts: 7434
posted Saturday, April 07, 2018 2:53:46 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for aeokq   Click Here to Email aeokq

This album got tons of praise from various music publications. I bought it recently and listened for the first time, gave it a few spins. There are a few really good songs but on the whole I am a bit underwhelmed. I'm not even turned off by Danny's voice like most people, I think he uses his voice like an instrument with his various pitches and cadence. Really it's the beats that leave much to be desired. They are very synthy and overall just not feeling them.

I like Danny's lyrics on this. He is one of the funniest and brash rappers out there. He raps about sex and drugs in a very clever and self-indulging manner. He also switches it up on the final third of the album with more serious and thoughtful songs. "Nosebleeds" is a pretty grim tale of a girl hooked on cocaine, a super dark and dreary beat by DJ House Shoes.

With better production this album could've been great. This is my favorite track, beat goes hard as fuck and Danny is spitting flames.

Partial IP: 224.194.89

bread = money

Total Posts: 276
posted Saturday, April 07, 2018 4:23:29 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for bread = money
that's the only Danny Brown album I've attempted to listen to.

his artistry and lyricism may be on point, but I cannot deal with his voice at all. simple as that.

Partial IP: 32.214.245

tippi dink

Total Posts: 7381
posted Saturday, April 07, 2018 4:54:19 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
love this album, if i put together a list of my top 50 albums of the decade this be on there for sure. no issue with his voice and personally i think the production is great, but i'm into the noisy, experimental stuff which i realize isn't for everyone.

i really dig the way the album is split up, where first half is almost satirical and then it transitions into the second half which i always viewed as a sober danny brown reflecting on the choices he made, the environment he grew up in, and what the drugs did to him. perfect balance between his normal deeper deliver and the high pitched squawking.

favorite tracks:

XXX
Die Like A Rockstar
Pac Blood
Monopoly
Outer Space
DNA
Nosebleeds
Party All The Time
Scrap Or Die

only one i usually skip and could do without is "i will".

no mask

Total Posts: 10121
posted Saturday, April 07, 2018 4:55:52 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
its dope. wide range of beats styles and shits raw and hard for the most part. i like most of his shit although that voice gets grating fast BUT he has that style where he talks low too, which is cool. he gets extra points for creativity and eclectic beat taste.

Sultan of Slumpin

Total Posts: 372
posted Saturday, April 07, 2018 11:39:56 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Sultan of Slumpin
tippi's first line sums up my thoughts. i love this album. gotten a little tired of his shtick recently but this album holds up

Mr. Swellvedere

Total Posts: 4983
Location: i took your dad out to applebees he ordered twelve dicks in one ass
posted Sunday, April 08, 2018 9:25:09 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. Swellvedere   Click Here to Email Mr. Swellvedere
Love this album.

Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 42765
posted Friday, April 13, 2018 6:46:52 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
^It's one dude.

Never could get into this album. Brown always been a dude i can deal with in small doses cause of that screeching voice.

This my favorite and only project of his i can listen to front to back...

Partial IP: 73.10.82.7

All times are ET. The time now is 9:54 PM.Post viewed 758 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: