Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (40) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Mafia Mafioso Rap Originators Not New York But La?

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 17 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Mafia Mafioso Rap Originators Not New York But La?
BLUESTRATOS1

Total Posts: 74
posted Friday, June 08, 2018 11:48:41 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for BLUESTRATOS1
Sup ughh it's been a minute,

Just finished this iced expresso machiato and was listening to some above the law, the select best tracks from first couple albums

Then it made me realise that Nas and those other NY cats who started all this mafioso rap style, reakwon also with that gambino stuff, that actually it wasn't these guys that started this off in new York.

If you do your research above the law were on this way way before on the West Coast!

Partial IP: 224.194.89

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

Total Posts: 8093
posted Friday, June 08, 2018 12:05:22 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
to quote my friend necro

"how is an italian kid a wannabe?
hes the son of a gotti
and all yall suck gotti dick"

unzip my pants and tell all these rappers mangia

Post Coital Cigarette

Total Posts: 674
posted Friday, June 08, 2018 4:19:05 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Post Coital Cigarette

Minsk, Belarus

Total Posts: 133
posted Friday, June 08, 2018 5:07:52 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Minsk, Belarus
yet another clueless poast

Total Posts: 18258
Location: What does god have to do with the pronunciation of a word?
posted Friday, June 08, 2018 5:22:23 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
this can't be life.

vinnny blanc

Total Posts: 6029
posted Friday, June 08, 2018 5:23:35 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for vinnny blanc
Bluestrap ftl

amun1ra1ptah

Total Posts: 3871
posted Friday, June 08, 2018 9:50:25 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for amun1ra1ptah

forensics

Total Posts: 45
posted Saturday, June 09, 2018 9:34:03 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for forensics
While rappers like g rap and maybe these guys were on the “mafia” vibe..

There is only one crew of true blue mafia rappers imo and thats rae n ghost. Im from staten island.. so i hear the guinea shit in their raps that most people skip.. cuban linx is staten island brought to life. Mike lovonia is real. Staten island is the highest concentration of italians large scale anywhere minus italy, and naturally a haven for organized crime. 5 families, russians, albanians, etc have a nice grip. Even the wannabees are wilder than average. We are a diff breed and since the other 4 boroughs talk shit we go twice as hard

Mafia shit is normal on SI. Rae n ghost are the only aunthetic shit. Everyone else from nas to jay to big to even g rap were taking from heAdlines.

Only Built 4 Cuban Linx is the goodfellas to g raps godfather of gangsta rap. Gets no better really cuz its actually real.

BLUESTRATOS1

posted Saturday, June 09, 2018 11:07:30 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for BLUESTRATOS1
So you trying to tell is that rae and ghost are legit la Costa nosa members. ROFL my gosh what has happened to this board

Litney spears

Total Posts: 1967
Location: “I hate that the bitch wears lipstick while eating food, she basic as fuck” - virgin loser NHL
posted Saturday, June 09, 2018 5:08:13 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Litney spears
Staten Island is filled with faggets and the Italian mafia nothing but fuckboys

forensics

posted Saturday, June 09, 2018 6:15:40 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for forensics
How u get “members of cosa nostra” from what i said.

No. They were surrounded by the type. They werent just watching movies and the news and taking on a persona like nas big and jay. I dont even consider cuban linx a mafia esque album, but the influence is strong from the slang to the dress to the shit talking in the skits. Take away the fact their rAppers and id think i was listening to my uncles rap. Even legendary black gangsters like frank matthews made his home there.

Saywhat you want but its in the dna of cuban linx and rae n ghosts style. It isnt a gimmick.

BLUESTRATOS1

posted Sunday, June 10, 2018 1:46:02 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for BLUESTRATOS1
OK so your post makes A bit of sense, but back to my original post, above tbe law were spitting this before rae and ghost, which sort of discredits your post tho

forensics

posted Sunday, June 10, 2018 5:42:09 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for forensics
How when g rap himself predates them by 3 years and the triggaman dudes too. My point was who did it legit first but if you wanna go the theatrics route. G rap.

GmanBojangles

Total Posts: 3
posted Tuesday, June 12, 2018 5:30:12 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for GmanBojangles
Ay forensics i'm from Staten Island too, honestly me being an Italian and growing up on this island, nearly everyone that I grew up with plus most kids in my schools were Italian. I mean my parents forced me into Cathlolic school for years so I knew some rich kids and i've always heard rumors of someone I knew havin mafia ties and whatnot.

But anyway, those rumors are the extent of my knowledge of the intricacies of the Italian mob over here, no kidding. Even if I was friends with said mob affiliate's kids I wouldn't know any more about " La cosa nostra " than the average ignorant kid!.I'm 18 yrs old, most Italian kids my age would rather mimick the trap queen or LGBT shit than take on lifestyles from the goodfellas or the Sopranos haha! So my feeling on it is that the mafia shit is almost exclusively underground here in S.I. 2018, CULTURE WISE also. The Italian kids I know are much more into psuedo mainstream rap culture than anything italian to put it simply. I mean the closest connection outsiders have had to the mafia in recent years was the whole Mob Wives showcase, and who's daughter's in my school's mother is starring on the show and what not!

Anyway to get on the topic of hip hop, rae and ghost are really the only 2 to make a record getting into detail some of the everyday stuff that goes down, in accordance to the Italian mob. Guys like Kool G, BIG, Jay, Nas had to have a little more imagination ( taking stuff from movies and articles like ya said ) plus coercing it with their own ghetto lifestyles. To put it simply, most of these legendary MCs took on roles so they'd have that larger-than life personality that mainstream labels could adore and promote, just some pre-cursors of reality TV. I mean look no further than Biggie in the Flava in ya Ear remix video.

Partial IP: .68.112.77

Lpac

Total Posts: 7005
posted Tuesday, June 12, 2018 5:37:03 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lpac
Above the Law started the G Funk sound before Dre, Warren and them

Seme__one

Total Posts: 1899
posted Wednesday, June 13, 2018 4:19:27 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
co sign g rap

Mental Patient UGHH Artist

Total Posts: 4228
posted Wednesday, June 13, 2018 7:43:47 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mental Patient
Io piacio Bluestratos.

Lui piazi buon cafe

Prego no star metere bombe dentro le machine

Fa un bonne mezze 😾;

BLUESTRATOS1

posted Wednesday, June 13, 2018 1:36:34 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for BLUESTRATOS1
Crumpy G, you speak Italian?
Can someone Google translate crump dizzles Italian message? I'm a bit busy

All times are ET. The time now is 10:04 PM.Post viewed 479 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: