UndergroundHipHop.com 12 Days of Christmas
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (92) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Jeremiah Jae - Daffi (8/10/2018)

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 16 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Jeremiah Jae - Daffi (8/10/2018)
tippi dink

Total Posts: 8024
posted Friday, August 10, 2018 11:55:12 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink

Jeremiah Jae (aka Black Daffi) is an experimental hip-hop artist born and raised on the south side of Chicago. He is a visual artist, producer, emcee and founding member of Black Jungle Squad, a music collective consisting of close friends and family. Early works by Jae dating back to 2007, display his unique style and approach to crafting his own version of "hip hop". The genre is one of many foundations the artist uses to communicate his range of styles as shown on previous self-released albums, compilations and collaborations (Zeroh, Oliver The 2nd, L'Orange, CohenBeats), as well as praiseworthy offerings on Brainfeeder and Warp Records.

With his newest solo album 'DAFFI', Jae expands on his production and speaks in the persona of his alter ego to express a darker side. The 16-track self-produced album was recorded in both Chicago and his Los Angeles home studio The Black Light. Contributions by fellow Black Jungle Squad brethren Oliver The 2nd ("Backpacks"), The Koreatown Oddity ("Figure Skating"), Busdriver ("In Da Zone"), KarenBe ("All Me"), and his legendary band leader (for Miles Davis) and musician father Robert Irving III ("Nefertiti") help carry the album to exalted heights and somber lows. It is with much merit for any one to experience such a wide range of emotions, yet return to an even heightened state of artistry with such artistic beauty and grace.

Jeremiah Jae's "DAFFI" [HNR91] will be released on August 10th, 2018, with HIT+RUN creating the glorious double vinyl offering (plus 16-page full-color art book featuring stunning supplementary graphic work by Jae) with multiple collectible one-of-a-kind screenprinted & hand-painted artist gatefold jackets, as well as limited-edition cassette tapes available. All vinyl formats of this modern classic include five bonus tracks ("Bells", "Field", "Harpoon", "Know You" ft. Trenttruce, and a Jae remix of "Streetwatchers") not available on the digital release.

From the artist:

ďI needed to take sometime away from the scene, social media, everything. A lot of stuff happens in life, sometimes good, sometimes bad. I was in a not good period for some years. Although I still continued to create and release things here and there, It felt like this mass of stress and frustration was surrounding me, and weighing me down. I got to points where I wanted to just give up on everything, for different reasons. One of the hard parts for me is opening up and talking about those feelings to anyone. Iíve always been pretty anti social and it doesnít help to not communicate, hold everything inside, and act like nothings wrong. I did realize though, the blessing of having music and art a part of my life, and that I needed to use that creative outlet to express these feelings. I began focusing on making a record that could hold that weight and make something new from it. Something that could move you through the darkness to find light at the end of the tunnel. Daffi is a character I used to channel this energy. He is able to say and do the things I canít.Ē

features oliver the 2nd, koreatown oddity, and busdriver.. mastered by zeroh. haven't listened yet but i already pre-ordered both the skull & cops version of the vinyl since i couldn't decide between the two.

Partial IP: 224.194.89

No Masks

Total Posts: 2414
Location: silly mo fo's mad cause i post lots of albums but if we relied on them to post, board would be dead
posted Friday, August 10, 2018 12:28:59 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for No Masks
ahhhhhhh. let me check this out. his ep from last year was seriously ill.

No Masks

Location: silly mo fo's mad cause i post lots of albums but if we relied on them to post, board would be dead
posted Friday, August 10, 2018 12:29:56 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for No Masks
tippi da bandcamp dumper strikes again.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

Total Posts: 11799
Location: Gayrilla Monsoon (Gino) X Gay Mysterio Jr. (Ollie) - All Up In That Butt
posted Friday, August 10, 2018 12:35:32 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
bad jokes is still my favorite thing hes done. ill check this tho

tippi dink

posted Friday, August 10, 2018 12:35:58 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
daffi attacks was cool, what about 'a cold night' from 2016? i think those two projects are some of his best work, he definitely seems to be improving though i like a lot of his older stuff as well.

some of my favorite JJ tracks

No Masks

posted Friday, August 10, 2018 12:48:06 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for No Masks
i'm 5 or 6 tracks in and this is so quality and super ill. the time put into these beats is obvious with all the details and efx etc. next level , creative production. raw and low -fi in a professional way.

No Masks

posted Friday, August 10, 2018 12:51:44 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for No Masks
his album with l'orange is great. one of his and one of l'oranges best.

Nassau William Senior

Total Posts: 4476
Location: NWS I agree with u most of the time, but in this case you are smoked the fuck out bro
posted Friday, August 10, 2018 1:32:21 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
Listened to the L'Orange album last night...it's really solid.

That's the only album I have from JJ, so maybe this isn't the case on all of his albums...

My only complaint with JJ is turn your lyrics up. I seriously hate these Blu clones. JJ's voice doesn't even really come through the way it should since it's hidden behind the beat.

I feel like tons of rappers are doing the same thing and they all sound the exact same. It's like a chore to listen to an entire album of low volume lyrics.

Rappers should take notes from Planet Asia. I can hear every single word without squinting my ears.

Kupiaj

Total Posts: 912
posted Friday, August 10, 2018 2:07:22 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kupiaj
tippi dink
Anakins Fall is my favorite track from JJ.
The whole tape is superb. Need to check Daffi out asap.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

Total Posts: 11799
Location: Gayrilla Monsoon (Gino) X Gay Mysterio Jr. (Ollie) - All Up In That Butt
posted Friday, August 10, 2018 2:11:13 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
this is the best song hes made

beat sounds like str8 drugs

dj rolo

Total Posts: 5464
posted Saturday, August 11, 2018 8:54:32 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
that Daffi Attacks was nice, def ton peep this

tippi dink

posted Sunday, August 12, 2018 7:12:35 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
no i didn't, this is the only thread about this album you blind bitch

dj rolo

Total Posts: 5464
posted Sunday, August 12, 2018 5:07:11 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
this JJ album isn't for everyone obviously, as is anything else. i can appreciate Jae's work and actually liked that Daffi Attacks project. i'll admit, i ain't into that whole pseudo "art" bullshit...but the music is good.

selah

Total Posts: 2204
posted Sunday, August 12, 2018 5:09:50 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for selah
Tippi cold as ice

dR.prOf

Total Posts: 7629
posted Monday, August 13, 2018 1:21:45 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dR.prOf   Click Here to Email dR.prOf
This was pretty good. "All me" is one of the best jeremiah jae songs ive heard

5th point

Total Posts: 1204
posted Tuesday, August 14, 2018 10:36:23 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 5th point   Click Here to Email 5th point
Man he killed it on the production wow. His rapping style is hit and miss with me but this albums solid af.

Cosign NWS squinting my ears for 16 tracks is tiresome...he really could have turned up the vox a bit, my guess is he was proud of his beats and wanted them to shine

OCpointofview

Total Posts: 2819
Location: whats wrong with Christina Aguilera? She has a few dope joints. She has Soul! And she's talented!
posted Wednesday, August 15, 2018 12:10:55 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for OCpointofview
scottie beams is flames

All times are ET. The time now is 9:59 AM.Post viewed 866 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: