UndergroundHipHop.com 12 Days of Christmas
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (56) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Earl Sweatshirt- Some Rap Songs

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 80 replies
Page: 1 2
AuthorTopic:  Earl Sweatshirt- Some Rap Songs
dR.prOf

Total Posts: 7604
posted Friday, November 30, 2018 7:36:57 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dR.prOf   Click Here to Email dR.prOf
Spotify Link

1. Shattered Dreams (Produced By randomblackdude)
2. Red Water (Produced By randomblackdude)
3. Cold Summers (Produced By randomblackdude)
4. Nowhere2go (Produced By Ade Hakim & Booliemane)
5. December 24 (Produced By Denmark Vessey)
6. Ontheway! Featuring Standing On the Corner (Produced By randomblackdude)
7. The Mint Featuring Navy Blue (Produced By Black Noi$e)
8. The Bends (Produced By Sage Elsesser)
9. Loosie (Produced By randomblackdude)
10. Azucar (Produced By Sage Elsesser)
11. Eclipse (Produced By randomblackdude)
12. Veins (Produced By randomblackdude)
13. Playing Possum Featuring Cheryl Harris & Keorapetse Kgositsile (Produced By randomblackdude)
14. Peanut (Produced By randomblackdude)
15. Riot! (Produced By Shamel of SOTC & randomblackdude)

Partial IP: 224.194.89

no masks

Total Posts: 2379
Location: silly mo fo's mad cause i post lots of albums but if we relied on them to post, board would be dead
posted Friday, November 30, 2018 7:39:47 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for no masks
checkin this today . you diggin it prof?

eseph84

Total Posts: 7605
Location: ughh's best rapper/ the type that's so dope you need to drug test after
posted Friday, November 30, 2018 7:50:24 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
got my copy at 3am. bout to put it on a cd when i get home tonight.

looks interesting

been waiting!

dR.prOf

posted Friday, November 30, 2018 7:52:43 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dR.prOf   Click Here to Email dR.prOf
Easily my favorite Earl album yet. Short, varied, and with very little help from features. Almost entirely self-produced. These are things that, if pulled off right, can make a hip hop album sound complete.

I hear the Madlib and Knxwledge influence on the production tip and I love it. I also hear similarities to MIKE, and I see he even worked with two of his producers (Ade Hakim and Booliemane).

This blew my expectations out of the water.

tippi dink

Total Posts: 7970
posted Friday, November 30, 2018 8:23:28 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
i agree with you dr. prof, it's at least as good as IDLSIDGO if not better. i must have listened to this album 7 or 8 times straight through last night and i enjoyed it more and more with each listen. earl's penchant for brevity is even more evident on this album than anything he's done in the past. there's no minced words or wasted moments. it's just potent. the album is 25 minutes long but actually feels much longer than that just because of how dense it is. no hooks or padding on here, just raw lyrics and emotion over some fucked up production, and i mean that in a good way. jazz and soul samples distorted to the point where they come across as desolate and unsettling more than anything else.

even if you didn't know anything about earl or who he's been associating himself with you could still draw those parallels to knx and MIKE like prof said, but also medhane, sixpress, mach-hommy, dilla, and ka but it all still sounds like earl. cold summers and peanut are tracks i can't see anyone else making or at least executing nearly as well.

love the structure on this thing too, it flows really well from start to finish similar to madvillainy or donuts. the track with earl's parents really got to me too, where audio of his mother speaking about him is mixed in with earl's father reading one of his poems. if yall dont know the story, this album has actually been pretty much finished since last year and he was excited to show it to his father, especially the track where he sampled his father reading one of his poems. earl never got the chance to though, because he father passed away at the beginning of this year. doris was to memorialize earl's grandmother, and solace was dedicated to his mother, so if this album might have been created with his father in mind it makes the whole thing even sadder. something else that's interesting - earl's "uncle" hugh masekela, who i guess was a really close family friend & had known earl's father since the 50s, passed away shortly after earl's father. hugh masekela was a famous south african jazz musician and the final track on this album, riot!, samples a song of his by the same name. i thought that was a great way to end the album

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

Total Posts: 11651
Location: Gayrilla Monsoon (Gino) X Gay Mysterio Jr. (Ollie) - All Up In That Butt
posted Friday, November 30, 2018 8:30:12 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
^^^i got 2 copies of that 45 hugh masekela is dope as fuck.

GRMPA

Total Posts: 1816
Location: Galactic Rap Music Program Association is a thirst trap
posted Friday, November 30, 2018 9:04:48 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for GRMPA   Click Here to Email GRMPA
Love it. Played it over and over last night by the fire

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

Total Posts: 11651
Location: Gayrilla Monsoon (Gino) X Gay Mysterio Jr. (Ollie) - All Up In That Butt
posted Friday, November 30, 2018 9:05:36 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
he gave up some of his samples on his whats in my bag episode. flora purim gets hit alot and them dollar brand abdullah ibrahim records.

eseph84

Location: ughh's best rapper/ the type that's so dope you need to drug test after
posted Friday, November 30, 2018 11:38:40 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
mo excited now

wigga prerequisite

Total Posts: 232
posted Friday, November 30, 2018 11:49:16 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for wigga prerequisite
Girl sweatskirt is wack as fuck.

tippi dink

posted Friday, November 30, 2018 11:52:39 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
yeah sure

LEX718

Total Posts: 1677
posted Friday, November 30, 2018 12:00:31 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for LEX718
Took a listen. This shit is SUPER lo-fi, lol.. Beats are cool, nothing that really blows me away. Can't see myself coming back to this much. It's not bad but doesn't command my attention. Kinda boring after a while. He sounds half asleep on a lot of it.

Total Posts: 20223
Location: What does god have to do with the pronunciation of a word?
posted Friday, November 30, 2018 12:02:59 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
something something aloof.

technosapien36

Total Posts: 387
posted Friday, November 30, 2018 12:08:07 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for technosapien36
Pretty dope.

tippi dink

posted Friday, November 30, 2018 12:09:19 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
not surprised by that lex, at least you gave it a shot lol. i get how it could be boring especially on first listen. didn't fully click for me until the 3rd or 4th time through and i've been a fan of dudes music for a long time. the fact that its raw & less refined on a surface level is part of the appeal for me though, there's an urgency to it i guess and the choices seem meticulous and intentional. definitely not going to be everyone's cup of tea but it's probably a top 5 release of the year for me.

LEX718

Total Posts: 1677
posted Friday, November 30, 2018 12:12:23 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for LEX718
Yeah the lo fidelity/low energy definitely struck me as intentional. I think my favorite thing I've heard from Earl is I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside. Production was ill and his low brow style had a lot of personality to me on that..

tippi dink

posted Friday, November 30, 2018 12:16:31 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
i feel like this album is more an evolution of what he was going for with that 10 minute solace ep he dropped "right after i don't like shit..". i don't feel like it's that far off from his last album, and probably wouldn't be jarring to anyone who has kept up with his output after that

honestly though if someone isn't a fan of MIKE, medhane, sixpress, or even ka and that whole style of hip hop then i can't see this being the one that wins them over, but it's exactly what i wanted from earl.

selah

Total Posts: 2118
Location: Reading comprehension is not the strong suit of the average ughhicite
posted Friday, November 30, 2018 12:17:44 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for selah
Lol 88

eseph84

posted Friday, November 30, 2018 12:54:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
lex dont sleep on earl man he's another ka

the sound might make you you wanna sleep at first lol

but you know ka got gems.

earls another one. slow flow gems. great producer. real life raps. no garbage attempts at commercial tracks even tho he made it to that level that some younger rappers round his age would.

i thought the last album by earl was wack at first, too short, and uninspired. then it grew on me. give it time im tellin u!

selah

posted Friday, November 30, 2018 12:57:10 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for selah
Where else is it besides Spotify

tippi dink

posted Friday, November 30, 2018 1:01:00 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
https://earlxsweatshirt.com/

selah

posted Friday, November 30, 2018 1:04:57 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for selah
Thx Tipperino

tippi dink

posted Friday, November 30, 2018 1:10:22 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
eseph i think part of it is that we live in that instant gratification oversaturation age, where there's SO MUCH music out there that if someone doesn't like an album on the very first listen they can just move on and find something that does. before streaming if you bought a cd or record and didn't like it initially, you were still stuck with it and probably would have given it more chances. now you can hear 500 albums a year for free so there's less incentive to put the time/effort in i guess. of course it's cool when something clicks right away, but i've found that a lot of my favorite albums are ones i initially had a lukewarm reception that grew on me over time with multiple listens.

eseph84

posted Friday, November 30, 2018 3:20:09 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
thats the way its supposed to be and granted with all the selection we dont have time to give all albums those extra spins so if its one i feel is worth fighting for i'll go to bat for it like i did this earl album even tho i haven't even heard it yet. mainly cuz his last album i was the guy saying its wack and didn't bump it much only to like a half year later after bumping it again and it clicked then it stayed in my ride on repeat.

another perfect example of this was when i bumped this yesterday

first got the cd from prem with an awesome personalized thank you note. the cd type was a lil cd-r in a clear plastic case with a full color cardboard insert w tracklist on the back. so some good, some bad. willing to overlook the bad for the good in this case. so the music, i must've been distracted i was bumping it in my kitchen doing chores and at not so loud volume and my kids were runnin round the house so i was distracted to say the least. anywhoo lets just say this cd came off as just kinda aight to me so i threw it in the stack in the basement and hadn't thought about bumping it since. still not mad i bought the cd but def not blown away by any means. so i go to bump it yesterday and i shit you not, just about every song is so fucking raw especially the first track, the gin song, and the one with zilla rocca. i couldn't believe i missed what are prob some of my favorite fresh kilz beats yet. so jazzy and raw i love this lil cd-r

cop that shit too lex! prem got the physical copies still if you message him and they have 4-5 extra bonus track/remixes

Litney spears

Total Posts: 3855
Location: Whattup Fosters. You know I been drinkin nuffin but dem good limited release beers, all Double IPA's
posted Friday, November 30, 2018 5:44:45 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Litney spears
Tidal is 99 cents for 3 months now holiday special
Spotify doesn't have any Jay z albums why would you pay for anything else besides tidal

GRMPA

posted Friday, November 30, 2018 6:05:49 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for GRMPA   Click Here to Email GRMPA
Fuck yeah I’m signing up. I was already gna sign up anyways

Litney spears

Location: Whattup Fosters. You know I been drinkin nuffin but dem good limited release beers, all Double IPA's
posted Friday, November 30, 2018 6:27:03 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Litney spears
This album sux ass just a bunch of noise
Tyler is so much better

tippi dink

posted Friday, November 30, 2018 6:55:47 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
"This album sux ass just a bunch of noise"

nah that was cherry bomb. just kidding, but this albums great. clean your ears out and give it another listen. also theres a few simple reasons why i don't use tidal

- a lot of stuff i've looked for wasn't on there when i looked during the free trial

- i don't like the interface as much and in my experience it slows to a crawl when navigating playlists with more than 200-300 tracks.

Litney spears

posted Friday, November 30, 2018 6:58:22 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Litney spears
Naw it's pure noise you can't hear Nything he says and hes not saying anything of any value

Beats sound like some straight trash

Tyler makes good soulful music this sounds like bull shitv

tippi dink

posted Friday, November 30, 2018 7:01:07 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
lol if this is pure noise to you then you probably haven't really heard a lot of noisy rap. i can hear everything he says though but i'm also listening on good headphones so idk.

Litney spears

posted Friday, November 30, 2018 7:03:19 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Litney spears
Good headphones dont have shit to do with audio quality
You can tell that the shit is mixed like shit from the speakers in my phone or dollar headphones

Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 43267
posted Friday, November 30, 2018 7:05:12 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Just a heads up Observe hasn't even listened to this album. Loewi told me earlier this is potentially his AOTY. Never been a big fan of Earl, i actually prefer Domo to him, but i might give this a chance this weekend.

tippi dink

posted Friday, November 30, 2018 7:06:24 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
what you're listening on has a lot to do with how the audio sounds, even just down to different types of headphones and eq settings.

i think the mixing is fine though, it's just lofi but i can hear everything pretty clearly

anti-stunna

Total Posts: 1295
posted Friday, November 30, 2018 7:11:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for anti-stunna
this is actually pretty fucking wack. A lot of it is so dam sloppy and embarrassing.

This guy is a wannabe MF Doom imo.

tippi dink

posted Friday, November 30, 2018 7:13:09 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
sloppy isn't the word i'd use, sorry to hear you don't like it though

Litney spears

posted Friday, November 30, 2018 7:33:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Litney spears
Wait so you need expensive head phones to hear this album? 🤦;🏾;‍;♂;️;

I did hear the whole thing it was 30 mins of pure noise

tippi dink

posted Friday, November 30, 2018 7:38:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
no one said that man, only that what you're listening to it on can enhance or detract from the experience. a lot of the lofi stuff i like sounds significantly better on my headphones.

also there's a lot of melody and soul/jazz samples on here (cold summers, the mint, ontheway!, the bends, loosie, veins, riot) so it really seems like you're lying right now, far from "just noise"

selah

posted Friday, November 30, 2018 7:43:22 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for selah
Tippi why

tippi dink

posted Friday, November 30, 2018 7:45:18 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
u right

tippi dink

posted Friday, November 30, 2018 7:47:47 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
plus if you really think about it, isn't all music pure noise?

selah

posted Friday, November 30, 2018 7:52:13 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for selah
Boom 💥;

dR.prOf

posted Friday, November 30, 2018 8:20:10 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dR.prOf   Click Here to Email dR.prOf
I refuse to ever support tidal

Litney spears

posted Friday, November 30, 2018 8:31:35 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Litney spears
Why cuz it's a black owned business

dR.prOf

posted Saturday, December 01, 2018 1:40:46 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dR.prOf   Click Here to Email dR.prOf
They're further dividing the music streaming industry, and i dont really want any of these people to have any more influence on music than they already do:

Alicia Keys, Win Butler and Regine Chassagne from Arcade Fire, Beyoncé, Calvin Harris, Chris Martin, Daft Punk, Deadmau5, Jack White, Jason Aldean, J Cole, Kanye West, Madonna, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna and Usher

Maybe im just scarred from the cringing i did at this video

Litney spears

posted Saturday, December 01, 2018 3:18:15 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Litney spears
There's videos on mythology, history. Science, all types of shit I can watch but you want me to waste my time watching a 20 min video about tidal ? Get serious

dR.prOf

posted Saturday, December 01, 2018 3:24:12 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dR.prOf   Click Here to Email dR.prOf
No doubt bro, send me a link to some educational youtube vids about moon stone chakras

Litney spears

posted Saturday, December 01, 2018 3:29:12 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Litney spears
How about you have a yearning for knowledge and quench your own fucking thirst by exploration

dR.prOf

posted Saturday, December 01, 2018 4:33:27 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dR.prOf   Click Here to Email dR.prOf

GRMPA

posted Saturday, December 01, 2018 4:52:50 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for GRMPA   Click Here to Email GRMPA
lmao ouch prof that had to hurt. I’m praying for you my ughhie.

dR.prOf

posted Saturday, December 01, 2018 5:17:43 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dR.prOf   Click Here to Email dR.prOf
Feeling highly not woke rn. Un-lit af

5th point

Total Posts: 1199
posted Sunday, December 02, 2018 12:45:40 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 5th point   Click Here to Email 5th point
I love observes self righteousness itt. Until you look at the hypocrisy. Like he devotes his time to learning and gathering knowledge yet he spends so much time posting on an UGHH website which he apparently hates. Props

Litney spears

posted Sunday, December 02, 2018 3:04:45 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Litney spears
You don't know what I do first off all
Yeah I was on the internet all day. But today I worked. Finished an audio book. Watched an episode of Zeus on history channel YouTube. Watched a nova special about black holes. Wrote a verse to a beat. Went shopping for food and other shit. Took like 3 walks to the store cuz my car is broken down right now. So far my day wasnt as productive but even though I was on the net for 8 hours I got alot of shit done. Now I'm gonna watch a 12 hour doc on the holocaust hoax

All times are ET. The time now is 3:07 AM.Post viewed 1101 timesPage: 1 2
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: