UndergroundHipHop.com 12 Days of Christmas
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (22) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Gangster Doodles - Gangster Music Vol. 1

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 9 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Gangster Doodles - Gangster Music Vol. 1
Nassau William Senior

Total Posts: 4929
posted Tuesday, February 05, 2019 10:35:26 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
does anyone have any info on this release or artist? tia.

Comp from Gangster Doodles (aka Marlon Sassy) – dream line-up of MCs and producers from all four corners of the rap world – Madlib, Oh No, Kaytranada, Mndsgn, House Shoes, many more. Released by All City Records.

“Every time a new track came in it was like running down the stairs on Christmas morning to open a present. What started as a slow trickle of work coming in soon turned into a tsunami with some of my heroes like Onra, House Shoes, Blu, Jeremiah Jae joining up with young guns Kojaque, Kean Kavanagh, Dream Panther and others to beef up the record”

“When an email pinged through with a track from brothers Oh No and Madlib it felt like the final gift and Gang$ter Music Vol. 1 was complete.”

Tracklist:
EETS – Savage
Jeremiah Jae – Tell Me
Father – Cruel
Max B – Flash Dance
Caleb Stone – Slayer Cake Bounce
Budgie – On My Shit ft. Traffic
JayAllDay – 1-800 Killer Whale
Jonwayne – Welch’s Grape
LoVibe – Lemonwater
Naeem – Shiraz
Mndsgn – Noodles
FIFTH – And I Swear ft. Squadda B
Madchild – Cold Blooded
Nahh G – Mo Ma
Kaytranada – Well I Bet Ya
Kojaque + Kean Kavanagh – Whitney
House Shoes – Intergalatic
Quelle Chris – Brain of the Ape
Chester Watson – Time Moves Slower Here
Blu – Hip-Hop Remix ft. Choosey & Exile
Dream Panther – KCRW
Oh No Madlib – Big Whips
Onra – $$$ Cant Buy Luv
Maze Mountain – The Powers of Your Mind
Your Old Droog – Ugly Truth
Defari – Ackknowledgement ft. Evidence
Softest Hard – Sincerely

Doodles had the idea for a comp two years ago. Hyped after partnering with All City for Knxwledge’s "Wraptaypes" project back in 2015, they initially set out to put together an EP but as the tracks kept coming in it exploded into the sprawling double LP of low-slung grooves and bangers from the best in the business.

With everyone on the record being a friend or friend of a friend, the comp just kept growing as GD went to work with the hustle he has learned from penning his post-it sketches day in day out for the last decade.

Word spread fast and soon he was being sent beats from all over, even reaching behind the prison walls of Bergen County Jail, New Jersey and securing a track from former Dipset affiliate Max B.

The last few years have been busy for Marlon "Gangster Doodles" Sassy. He released his acclaimed Gangster Doodles (The Book) alongside an ever-expanding array of prints, original works, apparel and exhibitions across the globe. Topping that off with animation projects, a graphic novel in the works and now, with this LP titled " Gang$ter Music Vol 1", he is about to debut his first ever music compilation.

He says himself: “Every time a new track came in it was like running down the stairs on Christmas morning to open a present. What started as a slow trickle of work coming in soon turned into a tsunami with some of my heroes like Onra, House Shoes, Blu, Jeremiah Jae joining up with young guns Kojaque, Kean Kavanagh, Dream Panther and others to beef up the record”

“When an email pinged through with a track from brothers Oh No and Madlib it felt like the final gift and Gang$ter Music Vol. 1 was complete.”

I'm not sure what to expect since that Defari track was already released...maybe it's a remix. This does look dope as fuck on the surface.

Partial IP: 97.213.158

Nassau William Senior

posted Tuesday, February 05, 2019 10:46:25 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
this doesn't give much other than the release party/art show

Here are the 2 tracks available for stream on bandcamp

Nassau William Senior

posted Tuesday, February 05, 2019 10:55:04 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
both of those tracks are really dope

GP

Nassau William Senior

posted Tuesday, February 05, 2019 11:42:09 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
the mystery behind this artist is killing me.

he is from Toronto so maybe some of my ughh brothers from the north can help out...

Nassau William Senior

posted Tuesday, February 05, 2019 12:06:24 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
no, drop some knowledge...i see feat. Slug and just got really emotional.

Nassau William Senior

posted Tuesday, February 05, 2019 12:08:22 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
lmao, that's not even slug...it's feat slug christ...whoops.

Nassau William Senior

posted Tuesday, February 05, 2019 12:17:13 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
i'll check it out...

GRMPA

Total Posts: 3043
posted Tuesday, February 05, 2019 12:40:48 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for GRMPA   Click Here to Email GRMPA
I remember seeing this around. Didn’t know this is what it is, looks daf.

Partial IP: 224.194.89

Kupiaj

Total Posts: 994
posted Tuesday, February 05, 2019 3:44:49 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kupiaj
Father is the head (and mind) of Awful Records. I like him. Not as a musician though.

GRMPA

Total Posts: 3043
posted Tuesday, February 05, 2019 5:11:25 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for GRMPA   Click Here to Email GRMPA
he funny af on the twitter

All times are ET. The time now is 5:25 AM.Post viewed 385 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: