UndergroundHipHop.com 12 Days of Christmas
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (152) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Albums I've Been Listening To This Week

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 23 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Albums I've Been Listening To This Week
Grafh

Total Posts: 3421
posted Wednesday, February 06, 2019 5:05:57 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Grafh
Whatup UGHH, been going hard at work the last few weeks and decided to change up my playlist to get away from the DOOM and Drake I had been spinning. Brought these out into rotation.

Classic UGHH album if ever there was one. The intro track alone, my god Ali kills that.

Shit we don't have Bar Mitzvah's/
We become men the first time our father hits us and we don't open gifts up

whenever we discuss best opening tracks of all time this one gets overlooked but it's def top 5.

The production here is really interesting too. Ant uses a lot of bluegrass type beats, which was definitely unexpected of him at the time but it really works. Not a weak track to be found and some fantastic concepts and stories.

another album with a classic intro. "Free" is such an ill way to open the album and really showcases freeway's style. The production here is top notch, mid 2000 era pop via Just Blaze and Kanye West. Very much in the same vein as the blueprint. The Roc really threw their weight behind this album which is crazy considering how un-mainstream Freeway's look and style were. Some solid songwriting here, great rapping, overall a really good mainstream album that has a bit of everything for everyone.

One of my personal top 10 albums ever. Dark, smooth, all killer no filler. Bushwick is so amazing on this and the beats knock like crazy. You can tell his time working with Dre and the West Coast had a huge influence on him, and I also love how he seamlessly mixes horrorcore with real life shit. Just a perfect album for me and one I have a ton of nostalgia for.

honestly, I feel like this one deserves its own thread. I skipped it initially since I didn't really care for the first HMM album, but maaaaaaan this one is way better in every way. Production is dope, much in the same vein as what Aesop would be doing with the Impossible Kid, it's really the missing link between Skelathon and that album and sonically is just phenomenal. Aesop and Rob also seem to have better chemistry here, partially I think because this was around the time that Ace started to really focus on his lyrics and make them less cryptic, just overall makes for an album that goes down way easier. An incredible album I feel like a lot of us slept on.

this album sucks, I'm not gonna bullshit any of you. That being said I'm gonna do you a favor and hit you with the only gem on it

Partial IP: 18.237.198

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

Total Posts: 12603
posted Wednesday, February 06, 2019 5:12:15 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
the brother ali and freeway hold a special place in my heart. love both those albums. i never heard the other 3. love these threads btw graph. good good stuff.

but wen freeway was briefly being featured on g unit mixes with shit like "start spreading the news" i was a mega fan. but it was instant with him tho. dude just had a kidney replacement a few days ago i think. his rhyme style is insane. i have 2 cds "best of sho off radio" statik mixes and thers an incredible freeway freestyle on one of them. remember this joint

^^^amazing

^^and this

Partial IP: 224.194.89

GRMPA

Total Posts: 2519
posted Wednesday, February 06, 2019 5:50:10 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for GRMPA   Click Here to Email GRMPA
Huh I guess I’ll check they Hail Mary Mallon then, thanks. First one was decent I thought.

no look pa$$

Total Posts: 58
posted Wednesday, February 06, 2019 6:02:31 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no look pa$$

Grafh

posted Wednesday, February 06, 2019 6:13:22 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Grafh
gino, peep that bushwick. You'll dig it for sure.

And I'm a huge Free fan, have been since he first came out. I just love his style. He's so uncompromising as a rapper, just raw and to the point. I own nearly everything he's ever put out including a few dope mixtapes. That kidney shit was scary but I'm happy to see he's healthy and recovering.

GRMPA, def peep it. An absolute gem that got slept on.

the weatherman (Admin)

Total Posts: 21978
posted Wednesday, February 06, 2019 6:46:47 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for the weatherman
my favorite post on the forums has got to be this each and every week...good shit grafh

shadows on the sun is legit one of my personal favorite albums of all-time....just love how introspective and thought provoking the album is...and the production from ant is absolutely incredible.

with that said, i haven't heard any of the other 4, but im really interested in checking out hmm and the bushwick albums from your comments...may do that this week.

Litney spears

Total Posts: 5027
posted Wednesday, February 06, 2019 7:52:23 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Litney spears
A lot of shitty albums

Seme__one

Total Posts: 2767
posted Thursday, February 07, 2019 8:49:49 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
Bushwick muthafuckin Bill.....whats he gonna do when the worlds on fire?

Dope album liked his first a bit more but both are great

eseph84

Total Posts: 7786
posted Thursday, February 07, 2019 12:26:05 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
good post

agree a hundo on the hmm. great fuckin album. i really love the new one still. my album of jan along with free sweatpants.

and funny u posted ali, i sleep on that cd, i got it but was thinking bout sellin but then i was like nah. see my thing with him is i caught on late. i know he's dope. love certain random projects and tracks by him but dont bump them much. kinda like how i am with atmosphere. i know theyre dope i mean the production by ant is amazing at times. and both rappers did their styles well thru the years

and lol loon! laugh when i looked close and realized he was in mases harlem world group with blinky bleenk

shoot, what you know about the g dep album?

ci_fus

Total Posts: 4461
Location: Toronto - 2jzgte,pte2 6870,tomi cams,9:1 CP, AEM V2, 1100cc, with 2 12's - hide my tears
posted Thursday, February 07, 2019 12:33:14 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for ci_fus
Does A+ know Ali jacked his shit?

kingetje

Total Posts: 111
posted Thursday, February 07, 2019 12:44:55 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for kingetje
Never listened to a Bushwick solo album. Your description sounds great, gonna check it out.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

Total Posts: 12603
posted Thursday, February 07, 2019 2:40:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
Other than shadows, undisputed truth was the only other project ive liked by ali. He became way way too preachy.

felipedahiphopadict01

Total Posts: 1188
posted Tuesday, February 19, 2019 10:17:26 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for felipedahiphopadict01
that brother ali album was so damn good i highly recommend it

freeway is also dope

Grafh

posted Tuesday, February 19, 2019 10:27:02 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Grafh
I think Ali has a pretty damn good discog being honest. Yes, Shadows is far and away his best album, but I don't think he's ever released anything I would consider bad. His does get preachy later on, but I appreciate the fact that he seems to be doing it in earnest. Also his storytelling is always on point. Dude is one of the best storytellers in Hip Hop.

eseph, I haven't peeped that G.Dep since it came out, I remember him having a song with Rakim and Kool G Rap though.

felipedahiphopadict01

posted Tuesday, February 19, 2019 10:36:32 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for felipedahiphopadict01
i think i agree with you graph, personally weather shit ali is preachy or not doesnt affect my ears and fuck i´ll say this, given how fucked up the world is nowadays with all use some HIGHER ENTITY help, i love all brother ali´s albums and i feel he will eventually get the recognition an artist of his caliber deserves

felipedahiphopadict01

posted Tuesday, February 19, 2019 6:55:31 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for felipedahiphopadict01
what i meant to say is that "give how fucked up the world is nowadays, we could use quite a beat of preachness"

Dingleberrymercenary

Total Posts: 2310
posted Tuesday, February 19, 2019 8:27:49 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Dingleberrymercenary
Yea i agree that Brother Ali shadows of the Sun is very Dope need to revisit though.never got into Freeway and don't know about those other albums..

felipedahiphopadict01

posted Tuesday, February 19, 2019 8:49:45 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for felipedahiphopadict01
dingle if you like either old kanye west or just blaze as producers/beatmakers you will definitly feel that freeway album, he is not a g rap or a rakim but his rhymes are kinda sharp, his concepts are very much like Beanie sigel´s (i mean "G" orientated) bushwick bill i dont recommend you cause i know you dont like gangsta rap

Dingleberrymercenary

Total Posts: 2310
posted Tuesday, February 19, 2019 9:03:18 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Dingleberrymercenary
Lol Felipe na bro i like Gangster rap grew up listening to Eazy-E and Dr.Dre who told you that? its all good though never really got into Kanye not my Cup of tea guess i been Sleeping hit me back~

putitonbigl

Total Posts: 3884
posted Wednesday, February 20, 2019 6:17:20 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for putitonbigl
Yeah I've only heard the ali which is one of my all time faves also. Shadows and the undisputed truth are personal classics, him and ant are great together

wigga prerequisite

Total Posts: 797
posted Wednesday, February 20, 2019 7:45:27 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for wigga prerequisite
graf /// all gabage

felipedahiphopadict01

posted Wednesday, February 20, 2019 11:59:43 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for felipedahiphopadict01
yo dingle recently i just turned 39 years ago so if you feel like visiting me to freestyle let me know, i got different news and ideas i´ve been meaning to share with ya but you know i aint got no facebook no moe

aeokq

Total Posts: 7494
posted Wednesday, February 20, 2019 1:17:50 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for aeokq   Click Here to Email aeokq
Shadows on the Sun is very good. The production isn't quite my vibe but I'd be lying of I said it didn't complement Brother Ali. Lyrics are top notch. Never heard any other album from that guy. Never heard any of the other albums itt either.

Mr. Swellvedere

Total Posts: 5079
posted Wednesday, February 20, 2019 2:17:23 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mr. Swellvedere   Click Here to Email Mr. Swellvedere
who's the biggest?

All times are ET. The time now is 4:07 PM.Post viewed 580 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: