Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (23) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
This Has A O T Y Potential And Has Never Been Mentioned

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 119 replies
Page: 1 2 3
AuthorTopic:  This Has A O T Y Potential And Has Never Been Mentioned
Ledge Caliber

Total Posts: 242
posted Friday, December 27, 2013 10:28:56 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Ledge Caliber
word grimm. that's some real shit, those 24 hours must have been critical. i'll have to revisit Ibilys, wasn't feeling the production on some of it to be completely honest, but i can def hear the passion and pain in your lyrics. you, megalon, and doom all went in on, "foolish," that shit knocks in the whip.

you and the homie count bass d should do a project together. i think y'alls styles would mesh well together. peace, best of luck wit everything.

Partial IP: 243.87.178

clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 42393
posted Friday, December 27, 2013 10:44:42 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for clockworx
^Not actual footage but dope freestyle nonetheless...

Partial IP: .109.60.74

clockworx (Admin)

posted Friday, December 27, 2013 10:54:38 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for clockworx
I bought the Scars & Memories CD at a local store in early 2009. It's crazy how it fetches for jacked up prices now, so I'm glad I got it in time.

Yea that's whats up. Love finding OOP gems like that for cheaper. Amazon asking $70 for it and can't even find that shit on ebay.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Saturday, December 28, 2013 8:03:34 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
^You dont have an ectra copy for sale do you hahaha?

Also how was that Gingerbread mixtape? Never got around to peeping it

Partial IP: 192.70.220

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Saturday, December 28, 2013 11:27:31 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
^I almost copped it on blind faith but wanted to hear an opinion or two on it first. Yo ETW i remember a month ago you saying you had heard it. Whats the deal?

Partial IP: .109.89.26

LiquidDo$e

Total Posts: 14164
posted Saturday, December 28, 2013 11:47:43 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for LiquidDo$e
HaHa, that's dope Grimm is posting up in here. I'll check out the album just because of that.

CW generally you like music that sounds like throw away 90s UGHH which at this point has zero soul or originality, but thanks for the recco.

Partial IP: 141.219.29

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Saturday, December 28, 2013 11:49:39 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
^Yea definitely peep this. Doesn't sound dated or 90's at all.

LiquidDo$e

Total Posts: 14164
posted Saturday, December 28, 2013 11:50:17 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for LiquidDo$e
*throw away 90s East Coast UGHH

Partial IP: 141.219.29

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Sunday, December 29, 2013 12:08:51 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Bumping cause i see ETW aka gino lurking and i want his fuckin opinion on that Gingerbread mixtape, being that hes a Grimm fan. Or anyone else thats peeped it. Fuck Amazon reviews.

percycarey7

Total Posts: 36
posted Sunday, December 29, 2013 2:01:04 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for percycarey7
Peace ClockWorx

I personally love The Gingerbread Mix tape THE ORDER OF THE BAKER because I deliberately rhymes specifically about candy for about 30 minutes and I also had a chance to play with already established beats that I wouldn't normally touch but because it's a fantasy world it was ok. When you listen to it, approach it like the television show THE WIRE, but all the characters are made of candy. They decided to make a mix tape because they are trying to stop hustling in the streets of candy land. I'm in the process of turning it into an actual animated television show with the help of a dear friend who works at Cartoon Network, so maybe one day the mix tape will be a collector's item and actually a wise investment for the future. I love it I had fun bringing that world alive but when you listen to it remember it's just candy I hope you enjoy it my brother. "MF"

Partial IP: .91.156.78

percycarey7

posted Sunday, December 29, 2013 2:14:01 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for percycarey7
LiquidDo$e

Thank you for the support. I did love the 90's but they're gone and those who don't focus on the advancement of hip hop won't last, so I promise to always try to elevate and learn how to improve as an emcee. I still have much to learn and in my humble opinion being an emcee is a lifetime learning lesson. I love hip hop it literally saved my life and I'm forever grateful to it for allowing me the opportunity to grow. Peace to you. "MF"

percycarey7

posted Sunday, December 29, 2013 2:24:57 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for percycarey7
Ledge C

Count Bass D is a good dude and family to both DOOM and myself. We might do another song together soon and if so you will be the first to know. And I appreciate the kind words. I will continue to strive to get better as an emcee. Peace "MF"

Another mix tape to checkout is Preemptive Strike it's part of the GMV 1, 2, & 3 saga it was our first release through Vendetta Vinyl. check it out if you get a chance

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Sunday, December 29, 2013 2:59:39 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
I personally love The Gingerbread Mix tape THE ORDER OF THE BAKER because I deliberately rhymes specifically about candy for about 30 minutes and I also had a chance to play with already established beats that I wouldn't normally touch but because it's a fantasy world it was ok. When you listen to it, approach it like the television show THE WIRE, but all the characters are made of candy. They decided to make a mix tape because they are trying to stop hustling in the streets of candy land. I'm in the process of turning it into an actual animated television show with the help of a dear friend who works at Cartoon Network, so maybe one day the mix tape will be a collector's item and actually a wise investment for the future. I love it I had fun bringing that world alive but when you listen to it remember it's just candy I hope you enjoy it my brother. "MF"

^Word. Fuck it im going to cop it based off the fact that the Gingerbread album is an underground classic and my second favorite behind Scars and Memories. And the fact that you replied describing it to me didn't hurt either hahaha. Ill definitely look into peeping that Preemptive Strike mixtape. Props again Grimm for taking time to respond in this thread to everyone.

percycarey7

posted Sunday, December 29, 2013 3:23:32 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for percycarey7
Any questions I will answer in thread. Peace.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Sunday, December 29, 2013 3:55:35 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
^No doubt. Do you have one favorite album above all the other ones? Or one that you enjoyed making more so than the others?

And you dont by any chance have an extra copy of Scars and Memories for sale do you hahaha?

gumby

Total Posts: 6838
Location: This music is like boom bap hip hop. it makes me want to punch american male in face and run shit
posted Sunday, December 29, 2013 4:07:20 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for gumby
MF Grimm, who is your favorite pro wrestler of all time? Mine is obviously the Nature Boy, Ric Flair.

Partial IP: 21.133.204

semeone

Total Posts: 3789
Location: the end of the week is Saturday so stfu with that shit
posted Sunday, December 29, 2013 4:36:56 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for semeone   Click Here to Email semeone
Word Grimm any chance of another G Rap collab?

And whats up with B-1, he was mad nice....do you know if he has anything new coming up?

Its cool to support artists direct, do you sell anything from your own site or have any links stocking your shit?

Peace!

Partial IP: 43.157.117

percycarey7

posted Sunday, December 29, 2013 6:09:10 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for percycarey7
Clockworx

My favorite is definitely GOOD MORNING VIETNAM 2: THE GOLDEN TRIANGLE and by far working with Drasar Monumental has been the most rewarding experience as an emcee and a student of the game. I feel like I'm just getting started in hip hop. Drasar and I have several projects under wraps that will be beneficial to the contribution of the art form. Vendetta is looking into Scars and Memories for you sir but it might be sold out and if so if I get my hands on it, it is yours and will be autographed for sure.

GUMBY

The Iron Sheik all day everyday

SEMEONE

I can't say because I haven't talk to G in some time and he's a rather busy man but it would be nice because G taught me a lot. As for B-1 I'm sure he's in the lab but I will contact him and find out for sure you can always reach out to him on Twitter I will tell him to check in to UGHH.

As for MF GRIMM material and merch old and new I advise to stay in contact with Vendetta Vinyl they have ways to get their hands on my material even material I don't have anymore personally . My catalog is exclusively with Vendetta so maybe they have something in mind with some of the material you're discussing including an American Hunger Remixed/Reborn album

"MF"

gumby

Location: This music is like boom bap hip hop. it makes me want to punch american male in face and run shit
posted Sunday, December 29, 2013 7:08:23 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for gumby
Respect to you, Grimm. You are the man.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Sunday, December 29, 2013 9:29:32 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
My favorite is definitely GOOD MORNING VIETNAM 2: THE GOLDEN TRIANGLE and by far working with Drasar Monumental has been the most rewarding experience as an emcee and a student of the game. I feel like I'm just getting started in hip hop. Drasar and I have several projects under wraps that will be beneficial to the contribution of the art form. Vendetta is looking into Scars and Memories for you sir but it might be sold out and if so if I get my hands on it, it is yours and will be autographed for surE.

Wow thats dope as fuck knowing you got the most out of the most recent project. Cant fucking wait to hear what else you guys cooked up in the studio.

I appreciate you guys looking for Scars and Memories for me. I know its like a needle in a haystack but definitely appreciative for even putting effort in. Looking forward to copping that CD of GMV2.

percycarey7

posted Sunday, December 29, 2013 9:46:00 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for percycarey7
Long Live UGHH just make sure you protect it. There's not too many places left like this anymore. Hip hop's strength will always be in the underground. "MF"

Question for all of you:

Which would you like to see as official first single off of GMV2? We will go with what the majority feels it should be.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Sunday, December 29, 2013 9:56:24 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Which would you like to see as official first single off of GMV2? We will go with what the majority feels it should be.

Thats a tough one cause the whole album flows together like a novel or a movie.

If i had to pick though id go with either The Bear or Burning Daylight.

percycarey7

posted Sunday, December 29, 2013 10:04:39 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for percycarey7
We were thinking about starting with The Bear..

gumby

posted Sunday, December 29, 2013 10:24:30 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for gumby
the bear, definetly...

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Sunday, December 29, 2013 10:37:21 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Yea The Bear would be my choice out of the two i mentioned. Reason being that this tape is best played from start to finish so why not have the first chapter be the single, as an introduction to the rest of the book type of thing.

i made jon ban alex

Total Posts: 1424
posted Sunday, December 29, 2013 11:03:23 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for i made jon ban alex
yo Grimm its crazy to me that you're posting here...you're one of my favorite rappers of all time, and an overall inspiring human being. i'll be sure to cop GMV2 and whatever else you have in store for the future.

Partial IP: 46.111.203

percycarey7

posted Monday, December 30, 2013 3:14:24 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for percycarey7
I made Jon ban Alex

Peace. Thank you I appreciate it. I will post reply as much as possible and when ever I can. I hope you enjoy GMV2

UGHH:
So far it seems like it's going to be "The Bear" everything you guys are saying makes sense so why go against it? the people have spoken. "MF"

percycarey7

posted Monday, December 30, 2013 3:18:22 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for percycarey7
Grafh

I appreciate the love and I hope GMV2 lives up to your expectations. Thank you
"MF"

semeone

Total Posts: 3789
Location: the end of the week is Saturday so stfu with that shit
posted Monday, December 30, 2013 8:20:15 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for semeone   Click Here to Email semeone
Go with The Bear, co sign reasons already posted

props Grimm & Vendetta7 for posting, Loewi for B-1 info, that Hands of Time was nice

this thread turned out all good!

Partial IP: 43.157.117

percycarey7

posted Monday, December 30, 2013 11:58:32 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for percycarey7
The Bear it is. Thank you.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Monday, December 30, 2013 1:25:55 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
^Good shit. Yea peeping the album again this morning its a great tone-setter for the rest of the album.

mulletarse

Total Posts: 741
posted Monday, December 30, 2013 2:05:33 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mulletarse   Click Here to Email mulletarse
Grimm,

My history following you is deep. I bought 4,5,6 the day it dropped, and after that I followed you regularly. During the Dolo and Fondle Em' era, I ordered the early 12" singles from Fat Beats mail order. I picked up the later ones at Footworks in both Philly and NYC. I always meant to write you when you were locked-up, but I was so busy with school that I never found time. That is one regret I have.

When your first album dropped, I ordered it through this site. Picked up 'Scars and Memories' at Amoeba in Hollywood. Bought 'American Hunger' at Fat Beats NY. When I heard about the graphic novel, I went to a comic store the day it dropped and read it cover to cover.

Really enjoying the two new releases, and glad to see your stuff is as strong as ever. I did college radio during the Fondle Em' days, and regularly played your records on the air. Nowadays, I write for various mags and sites and hoping to cover the new album for a couple of them.

Partial IP: 196.213.63

percycarey7

posted Monday, December 30, 2013 11:47:59 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for percycarey7
Mulletarse

Peace I'm blessed to have people who love hip hop in my corner like you. My email is daybydayent at gmail.com anything you need from me let me know and I always answer back. Hit me up and let's build and figure something out and even meet up in person I would like that. I thank you.

"MF"

Kool Kenneth

Total Posts: 10000
Location: Everyone of us has there own version of smashed bathroom or trcf
posted Monday, December 30, 2013 11:48:53 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kool Kenneth
mf grimm why are you teh most humble, gracious and down-to-earth hip hop artist on the internets?

Partial IP: 72.223.230

Grafh

Total Posts: 3394
posted Tuesday, December 31, 2013 1:44:12 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Grafh
Peace Grimm, thank you for taking the time to talk with the fans. I've been a supporter for about as long as you've been putting out music. I own literally every album you've ever released. The Downfall of Ibliys: A Ghetto Opera and The Hunt for the Gingerbread Man are two of the best albums that Hip Hop has to offer.

Hope you don't mind, but since we have your attention, I've had a few questions that have been eating me up for years. Maybe you can shed some light?

What happened to the MIC member Gigan? That guy was such an amazing mc, he pretty much did that one super low-key ep and vanished though. Always disappointed me that he never dropped an album.

Is it true you originally had verses on the MIC album? If so, what happened to them. Did you end up using them elsewhere?

Finally, I know you haven't worked with him, but do you have any idea who Mr. Fantastik is or where the hell he vanished to? The dude is literally like an urban legend these days. After his work with DOOM he just wen't completely off the grid and not a single person I've ever talked to seems to know anything about him.

Partial IP: 50.80.33.5

percycarey7

posted Tuesday, December 31, 2013 2:15:56 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for percycarey7
Kool Kenneth

I am fortunate to enter hip hop at a very young age and now to be an older man and still remain relevant in a medium that I love and respect is the biggest reward and compliment that I could ever ask for. From day one I have been an independent entrepreneur and recorded, manufactured, sold and distributed my own material and assisted others to do the same. I've made many mistakes in the process and at times paid dearly for them, but always learned from them. I have had the honors to be taught as a young man by those who are considered legends in the craft and went on the work with great artist as well. I always first think about what can I contribute to the pure form of hip hop before I attempt to calculate a return on investment or I think of a theme that will be entertaining to those who are interested and not a gimmick that insults my supporters. I am for the advancement of the artform and would make music regardless if there was a profit margin. When I was 13 years old, all I wanted to be was the best emcee that I could possibly be, and 30 years later I'm still on the same path and still learning about the craft, I adored since my youth. It never did me wrong nor ever demanded anything from me and even when I was not living up to my full potential hip hop still embraced me unconditionally, and taught me how to become the being I wished to be. I owe my exsistence to hip hop and many dear friends who literally died to get me where i am today and I remember that everytime I listen to a track I'm writing to and when I close the door to the vocal booth and it's time to record. When I leave this planet I can rest easily knowing my dream of being an emcee came true. I just wish to inspire others to do the same. Peace.

"MF"

percycarey7

posted Tuesday, December 31, 2013 2:24:49 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for percycarey7
Grafh,

I can find out for you about Gigan and get back to you and as for Mr Fantastik I do not know him so I am not able to shed any light on his where abouts. Both artist were directly connected to DOOM and not me nor do I have any contact with them but I will make sure to pass on any information I find out to you as soon as possible. As for my material I thank you and the offer stands to all I alway write back who email and when I'm in your town we can always get up and build.

pistol pete

Total Posts: 8887
posted Tuesday, December 31, 2013 2:35:35 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for pistol pete
Mf, how do you feel about people making the statement that a rapper is not "hip hop"?

Partial IP: 7.84.74.95

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Tuesday, December 31, 2013 10:22:17 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Grimm turned this run of the mill 'people sleeping on an album' thread into probably the best thread of 2013.

Grimm, whatever happened to that track you made with Freddie Foxxx and B-1 produced by Lord Finesse? I remember hearing about it back in the day. Was it part of those masters that got stolen?

Also you ever think about reuniting with Finesse for a future track or at least open to the idea?

wAXed_poetic

Total Posts: 109
posted Tuesday, December 31, 2013 11:07:23 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for wAXed_poetic   Click Here to Email wAXed_poetic
I downloaded GMV2 from amazon soon as I found out it dropped. Couldn't wait for a physical copy. First one was that dope to me. Thanks, Grimm.

Partial IP: 08.2.58.26

Hand'Solo Records

Total Posts: 895
posted Tuesday, December 31, 2013 1:04:24 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Hand'Solo Records
Grimm or Vendetta...

I'd like to get on a mailing list for promo material from you guys. I have been writing for Exclaim Magazine for over a decade and a half and would love to get some of your recent music up in the mag.

Here are some relevant reviews I have done:

The Downfall of Ibliys review: http://exclaim.ca/Reviews/HipHop/mf_grimm-downfall_of_ibliys_ghetto_opera

Short write up for Sentences: http://exclaim.ca/Features/Spark/grimm_reality-comic

Who should I contact to receive promo in the future?

Partial IP: 0.25.88.99

Yoda_pluto

Total Posts: 8248
posted Tuesday, December 31, 2013 6:49:25 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Yoda_pluto
not sure if this thread was already stickied once or not, but i'm stickying it now. great thread.

peace grimm. i remember listening to american hunger, when it first dropped, back in high school.

Partial IP: 191.156.74

clockworx (Admin)

posted Tuesday, December 31, 2013 6:51:56 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for clockworx
^Nah it was never stickied so good looks. I should've a few days ago when Grimm first started posting but had a brain fart.

And I ended up copping that Order Of The Baker mixtape. Can't wait to peep it for the first time in the whip once the CD arrives.

COOLGUY JIMMY

Total Posts: 3593
posted Tuesday, December 31, 2013 9:26:33 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for COOLGUY JIMMY
Damn haven't checked this thread since I've posted.

Yo Grimm! Any news on a new M.I.C. project and kind of an off the wall question: What's your take on that Elmo puppeteer and do you remember that guy from your work on Sesame Street?

One of the illest man Downfall is a fuckin classic, some of the most heartfelt joints I've ever heard.

Partial IP: .91.173.81

sp 90s

Total Posts: 2990
posted Tuesday, December 31, 2013 9:43:28 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for sp 90s

Partial IP: .68.144.82

partedhairchurchgoer

Total Posts: 301
posted Tuesday, December 31, 2013 10:33:06 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for partedhairchurchgoer
mods covering up my legit questions to grimm, censorship at its finest, this board is worse than china's communist regime.

like i said never heard this type of commerical garbage on stretch and bobbito there was always a commericial radio station to play that crap. why ruin this board clock and yoda?

Partial IP: 26.209.199

samutahjazz

Total Posts: 15394
posted Tuesday, December 31, 2013 10:39:11 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for samutahjazz   Click Here to Email samutahjazz
tell us about the chronic homie...

Partial IP: .170.10.23

Yoda_Pluto

Total Posts: 8248
posted Wednesday, January 01, 2014 3:50:51 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Yoda_Pluto
Is ollie calling mf grimmm commercial itt??? 2014's going to be good.

Partial IP: 171.231.80

AFFEX

Total Posts: 15735
posted Wednesday, January 01, 2014 4:17:00 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for AFFEX
Peace to MF Grimm,

been a fan for mad years.

Bout to throw on Scars & Memories, put my headfones on and chill.

Partial IP: 240.246.83

sp 90s

Total Posts: 2990
posted Wednesday, January 01, 2014 7:28:44 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for sp 90s

I know it is hard to track both of these down in the same place, but I did so at the Rhymesayers' store (if you know, you know) online a week ago. They have both volumes on vinyl. Additionally, I got Port Authority 2 on triple gatefold vinyl for $15.99, and it is selling everywhere else for $30+. Still trying to figure that one out, but they have not corrected the cost.

Just purchased two copies of Port Authority good fucking deal.

Partial IP: .68.144.82

c.r.d.s.

Total Posts: 659
posted Wednesday, January 01, 2014 7:52:46 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for c.r.d.s.   Click Here to Email c.r.d.s.
Album is dope and Drasar's beats are ill, Grimm has always been consistent and has made a lot of dope records over the years.

Partial IP: 59.231.137

All times are ET. The time now is 10:44 PM.Post viewed 4427 timesPage: 1 2 3
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: