UndergroundHipHop.com 12 Days of Christmas
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (105) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Dump Gawd Ep By Tha God Fahim

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 82 replies
Page: 1 2
AuthorTopic:  Dump Gawd Ep By Tha God Fahim
dr.prof

Total Posts: 5836
posted Wednesday, June 07, 2017 5:50:14 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dr.prof   Click Here to Email dr.prof
Gotta cosign nomask on that last comment. I dont think anybody in the ughh world is even touching this dude's consistency when it comes to tasteful production.
Fahim how do you find producers like leaf dog?

Partial IP: 87.125.184

Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 37917
posted Wednesday, June 07, 2017 9:57:11 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
For all the heads complaining about the content, take a look at the last 5-10 releases you listened to and tell me how many of those albums had top shelf lyricism. Point being there's a lot of shit we all listen to where the quality of beat far outweighs the content as long as the emcee is competent and can ride the beat. Yea those type of albums have a shorter shelf life then the more lyrical + content albums but the latter are a lot more diamond in the rough these days.

Sucks LPac isn't posting right about now. This week would've been wet dream level for him.

Partial IP: 242.189.89

no mask

Total Posts: 7937
posted Wednesday, June 07, 2017 10:26:18 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^true clock and lpac was my dude.hope isis didnt get him over in the UK.

Partial IP: .252.0.210

Seme__one

Total Posts: 1287
posted Thursday, June 08, 2017 5:48:03 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
I like the production, his spittin' goes with it, I dig this.

I just don't get the CD pricing'

went onto Bandcamp to check the merch......

why the stupid pricing? Daupe style on digital.....$100 for a cd?

pass for now....

Partial IP: 62.144.146

dj rolo

Total Posts: 2984
posted Thursday, June 08, 2017 9:05:38 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
anyone find that Dump Gawd 2 free download?? is it on soundcloud somewhere or not posted yet, thanks

Partial IP: 62.144.146

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Thursday, June 08, 2017 9:42:28 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
^It hasn't dropped yet. He said he might be dropping it yesterday and instead we got that Mach project.

Harry Angel

Total Posts: 149
posted Friday, June 09, 2017 11:44:00 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Harry Angel
The output is crazy. But don't let that blind you to the fact this is some broke mans Wu meets Big L shit right here. Lacks a lot of originality in his album titles also.

PS DUMP Gawd...Lol..seriously???

Partial IP: .3.120.206

no mask

Total Posts: 7937
posted Friday, June 09, 2017 11:58:42 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^lower budget sounding but rawer than most other shit dropping is fine with me! better samples than 99.5% of shit dropping also.serious samples.

album titles are good enough to me. the music is the important thing.

fahims lyrics arnt weak.he's lyrically solid- above average even.voice,flow are dope and content is solid but repeated a lot BUT tracks are so dope.

it's o.k if he's inspired by Wu cause he's not biting their rap styles and output is very quality and quantity so...

i still think people are auto/blind hating.

Partial IP: .252.0.210

Harry Angel

Total Posts: 149
posted Friday, June 09, 2017 12:02:05 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Harry Angel
I find Mach to be a lot more interesting, personally.

Partial IP: .3.120.206

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Friday, June 09, 2017 12:58:11 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
It kinda just sounds like you're making excuses for whack lyrics.

No excuses at all. Just pointing out that the majority of releases that get sweated on this forum aren't lyrical masterpieces. Difference is the beats on Fahim's releases are better than most.

Total Posts: 3
posted Friday, June 09, 2017 1:25:24 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 1133
His best

Repeat mode.......

Hopefully this gets vinyl release

Peace

Partial IP: .153.52.55

Total Posts: 16695
posted Friday, June 09, 2017 9:51:47 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
Alright, about to listen to this, my first fahim project.

Sagat - not sure about everything going on in this beat, but fahim got a nice flow going on here. This beat will probably grow on me. The drums are nice. There's just a lot going on in the background.

Bell ringer - feeling this beat. CS clock's comment about it being like king gheedora. Fazers, specifically. Fahim ' s flow ain't bad. Not as good as on the last track. This is a tougher beat to rap on. Alright, Mach hommy - the guy everyone is hyping up. Hmm... he ain't bad on here. Nothing to brag about. Maybe this is a weaker verse from his catalog. I like Fahim ' s voice more.

Imperials - beat is meh. Bronze naz drums, though. Flow ain't bad. This seems like a skippable track. Might grow on me.

Samurai cups of tea - oh, shit. Getting his onra samples on. Beat is cool but not as good as onra's version. Kind of just makes me want to listen to onra. Fahim ain't bad here, again. A lot of "not bad" rapping going on.

Ambience - nice beat. I'm feeling this. Fahim opens with a nice flow here. Yeah, this one is dope.

Don't go summer - this stripped down loop ain't really for me. Skip.

Hector zeroni - this beat is kinda awkward. Fahim is alright, but the beat ain't helping him. Yuck, this heem stogied is just terrible at rapping, and the voice is gross.

Ohhh babe - Fml that sample is dope. Donnie and Joe emerson - thank god for Shazam. Going to be listening to the og track all weekend. Fahim's flow could be better here, and this beat deserves a better verse or a better rapper, but the beat is too undeniable to hate on this track.

Overall: half the tracks are ones I'd probably cut overtime. Half of this is good or will grow on me, and the other half is throwaway, imo. Considering he put out 11 other projects this year, I'm impressed. Definitely going to make a compilation of his shit, after hearing this. I'll keep the tracks I like here and add it to the comp.

I'm officially a fan now, bros. Going to check his previous projects over the next little while.

Fav tracks: Ohhh babe, bell ringers, ambience, sagat

Partial IP: .3.231.215

posted Friday, June 09, 2017 10:12:55 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
Hot damn, that sample/beat on Ohhh babe is dope. That shit will turn even the hardest gangsters into simps. That shit will make you call every ex you have and tell her you still love her.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Friday, June 09, 2017 10:17:50 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Good to have you on board 88 lulz. While LPac and no mask are the co-presidents of the Fahim fan club on here, im up there.

My suggestion would be to peep either Dreams of Medina 2 or Dark Shogunn 2 next.

Simple but fuego...

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Friday, June 09, 2017 10:20:24 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
And that Ohhh Babe might be the best vocal sampled beat of the year so far.

8 diagrams

Total Posts: 1446
Location: "Please mommy, let me rap, i promise to buy you a new house when i blow" - eseph
posted Saturday, June 10, 2017 12:04:19 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 8 diagrams
I bet Fahim gets pegged in the ass by fat dominican bitches who work at el pollo loco

Partial IP: 72.58.95.4

SC1989

Total Posts: 1701
posted Saturday, June 10, 2017 1:00:44 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for SC1989
80 quid for the hommy edition.Fuck offff.
Rather cop Billy Woods new album for a tenner.
Wonder if Tha God trying to bet Moka Onlys Work ethnic
Ohhh Baby is arse.I turned that shit the fuck off after a min

Partial IP: .29.164.31

posted Saturday, June 10, 2017 1:51:06 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
I explained to loewi in a PM why I don't like the flow fahim used in ohh babe, and might as well share the novel with everyone else.:

Fahim's default flow is a freestyle one (at least on this project). You'll notice that he takes brief pauses at the end of most of his bars. That's a freestyle flow, because (a) it makes each bar seem like it's own statement/lyrical jab/punchline, and (b) having pauses gives the freestyler time to think up their next bars. Freestyle flows tend to work really well on energetic beats. Not necessarily fast beats, but ones with a power behind them. Good examples would be the first two tracks on dump gawd. Fahim's freestyle flow works great on these beats. Pusha t does a very similar thing: freestyle flows over energy beats. And I love it.

Okay, so the track, ohh babe. Let's break this track down. It's a slow, rhythmic beat - in other words, a very lowly energy type of beat. The other thing about this track is Fahim's content: it's a love song. So, taking a step back, and just thinking about the facts - forget about the actual song for a moment, and just focus on the facts - we got a guy rapping a love song over a low energy beat. And what flow does he use? A freestyle flow. That doesn't make sense, aesthetically. A freestyle flow is inconsistent with a low energy beat and it's inconsistent with the topic of love. He should have a smooth flow, where the bars are connected and flowing into one another (see cl smooth's flow on the love song, caramel city, off the main ingredient for a perfect example), like he's reciting something. Not a freestyle flow, where every bar is disconnected from the last, like he's dissing someone.

I'd be okay with the argument that using a freestyle flow on this track was an artistic choice, IF it wasn't his default flow. He just used that flow because he uses that flow on every track. It's lazy, not artistic. This great beat deserves better.

posted Saturday, June 10, 2017 1:54:13 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
My track by track criticisms were first listen reactions, but, after listening through a few times, I stand by them.

Fahim has dropped a fuck tonne of music this year, so for me to be feeling half the tracks here, and guessing that at least a couple more of them will grow on me, that's honestly incredible.

Real excited to hear the rest of his discography, and to see him grow as a rapper and producer.

posted Saturday, June 10, 2017 1:57:35 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
Clock, seriously, check out the og track: baby by Donnie and Joe emerson. I've been listening to it all night.

thathiphopguy

Total Posts: 278
posted Saturday, June 10, 2017 2:06:05 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for thathiphopguy   Click Here to Email thathiphopguy
I am with Tippi. It all might be dope. But I can't listen to one artist this much and it wouldn't matter who it was. Pick anyone.

I have his joint with Giallo Point and that's it. I liked it. Didn't LOVE it. I will give him another listen but I am not going through 20 releases to do it.

Is this his best this year or is there something else? One release only that you would have me listen to.

Partial IP: .152.10.14

dr.prof

posted Saturday, June 10, 2017 2:14:26 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dr.prof   Click Here to Email dr.prof
Dark shogunn saga 2 imo, by a long shot

Everything else has had 1-2 tracks i like

Partial IP: .221.69.74

posted Sunday, June 11, 2017 9:05:14 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
Got the dark shogun 2. There's some straight heat on there. Machinery and danbury shakes are my jammies right neow.

Still going hard with the four tracks I said I like on dump gawd. The others haven't grown on me yet, but they ain't bad when listening to it front to back. As individual tracks, they're still meh to me.

posted Sunday, June 11, 2017 9:06:48 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
I got to get that iron monk project next, because the track with droog and Mach is dope. Was listening to that song on SoundCloud yesterday.

wicked 22.2

Total Posts: 2424
posted Sunday, June 11, 2017 9:26:14 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for wicked 22.2   Click Here to Email wicked 22.2
Yo DJ Rolo you're a Masshole too?

That's cool dude. I'm from the 413. You ever been to the Berkshires? It's pretty daffy but I haven't lived there for a long time alrite cya

Partial IP: 16.255.153

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Sunday, June 11, 2017 10:29:52 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Iron Monkey was good but not on the level as TDSS2 and Dreams Of Medina 2.

Good observation regarding his flow 88. I've heard him switch it up at times, like hearing him go double time a couple times for instance, but yea that 'freestyle flow' as you call it seems to be his most common.

Here's him actually freestyling...

This track/video is DAFFY...

posted Sunday, June 11, 2017 10:42:53 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
Fuck, that music vid you posted shows he can do other types of flows with that first verse. The freestyle flow works on a lot of the tracks I've heard, but not on Ohhh babe. Shit, the more I hear that track, the more I hate it, just because of the flow. Even though that track and bell ringer are the reason I went ahead and checked him out. If he could switch up his flow for that vid you posted, why couldn't he do it for Ohhh babe? Damn, it's disappointing.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Sunday, June 11, 2017 10:45:14 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Yea those tracks are from early 2016. I think they were even pre-Griselda.

dr.prof

posted Monday, June 12, 2017 12:41:54 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dr.prof   Click Here to Email dr.prof
Whoa wtf, that video is the best fahim verse ive heard...he sounds good with a faster flow

Partial IP: 87.125.167

dj rolo

Total Posts: 2984
posted Monday, June 12, 2017 7:55:01 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
wicked 22.2 yezzir, my whole life lived here, i'm not an asshole tho thankfully

Partial IP: .128.24.18

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Monday, June 12, 2017 8:52:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Yea that's one of my favorite Fahim verses. He goes the fuck in for 2 minutes straight. The beat on both but especially that second song is flames.

dr.prof

posted Monday, June 12, 2017 9:02:47 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dr.prof   Click Here to Email dr.prof
Yeah my fault, I should clarify that I was talking about the second video, the music video. The one above it is also pretty dope, but that sounds more like the flow from him that I've heard before

Partial IP: .87.124.49

All times are ET. The time now is 1:53 PM.Post viewed 2024 timesPage: 1 2
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: