Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (24) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Tha God Fahim - Dump Legend

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 130 replies
Page: 1 2 3
AuthorTopic:  Tha God Fahim - Dump Legend
tippi dink

Total Posts: 5101
posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 11:27:13 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
tippi resorting to clown shit and jokes to cover up the fact he's failing...smh typical

how exactly am i "failing"? please elaborate. i obviously don't know you very well, but it definitely seems like take shit way too seriously. that's not healthy. lighten up fam.

Partial IP: 62.144.146

Loewi

Total Posts: 4498
posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 11:28:41 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Loewi
i think this is an inaccurate comment. nobody is making good money off of album sales right now, due to leaks and streaming. nobody. the money is in branding (see: puffy and jay) and touring. i don't think the logic that his rapping and producing can "do the selling" fits in 2017, since even the best rappers and producers in the world ain't making a tonne off of album sales.

i would go so far as to say that selling your album for $100 a pop is the exact opposite of lacking confidence. especially since everyone knows it'll leak and be available online for free within (at most) the year.

Co-sign

but you just said mach leaked his own album. buyer's beware. *shrugs

Fair enough. It's a shitty quality Soundcloud stream tho. It's not like anyone ripped the CD to FLAC and leaked a high quality version, so the ones who invested still win

MicTyson

Total Posts: 524
Location: are you looking at me? yeah, you're looking at me. i'm hard not to look at
posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 11:29:13 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for MicTyson
You made some good points. I know most of the money is in touring. I should have angled my comment more about fahim in particular. Is he touring?

tippi dink

posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 11:34:44 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
yup, you're right. but fahim puts his shit on soundcloud, which is essentially leaking the album. so i think he's aware of the importance of getting it out to as many fans as possible, regardless of his limited edition super fans copies. he just rolls it out sequentially, rather than all at once. why he does that, i don't know. iiwii.

yeah that's true, it's available for everyone to hear but he's still not making the money he would off of soundcloud that he would if he just sold it digitally. fahim is always talking about how he wants to get paid, yet some of his decisions suggest the opposite. why not make it available to stream on soundcloud and sell it digitally as well?

Total Posts: 16693
posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 11:34:52 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
You made some good points. I know most of the money is in touring. I should have angled my comment more about fahim in particular. Is he touring?

i have no idea if he's touring. it doesn't seem like it, since he doesn't seem to be that big outside of these forums, and must lock himself in his studio to put out as much music as he does.

i've been wondering lately how in the world fahim affords to buy beats from all these producers. i mean, i imagine that bronze nazareth ain't cheap. i don't think he'd be a fortune either, but, based on fahim's output, you'd think the bills from all these producers would start adding up to a pretty high dollar figure.

and, based on his prolific output, he clearly lives in the studio, so i can't imagine he has the time for a side job that pays for all these beats.

i don't know where the money's flowing from here. it's strange.

Loewi

posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 11:37:46 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Loewi
i have no idea if he's touring. it doesn't seem like it, since he doesn't seem to be that big outside of these forums, and must lock himself in his studio to put out as much music as he does.

i've been wondering lately how in the world fahim affords to buy beats from all these producers. i mean, i imagine that bronze nazareth ain't cheap. i don't think he'd be a fortune either, but, based on fahim's output, you'd think the bills from all these producers would start adding up to a pretty high dollar figure.

and, based on his prolific output, he clearly lives in the studio, so i can't imagine he has the time for a side job that pays for all these beats.

i don't know where the money's flowing from here. it's strange.

Not to mention he wears expensive chains and kicks and I remember a video of him purchasing a second car

tippi dink

posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 11:39:42 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i never really thought about that 88

maybe fahim inherited a fortune from his uncle who was a rich nigerian prince

no mask

Total Posts: 7916
posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 11:42:21 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
chill rolo. respect tippi da bandcamp dump god- top 2 poster on here.

lex718

Total Posts: 686
posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 11:42:44 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for lex718
I'm curious as to why folks who make these purchases refer to them as investments.. Is it because you're willingly paying a higher price so that they can keep this level of productivity and exclusivity, so essentially you are buying into a brand or are you making the purchase of $111.11+ CDs with hopes that their value will increase and you will eventually flip them? If that's the case, are you still purchasing as a fan or is it for your own personal monetary gain, or some type of balance of both?

Call me a skeptic but I feel like anyone paying for the more expensive releases with hopes that they will enjoy now and flip later are not being super realistic. Sure, the idea of 35 CDs selling out and not being made available elsewhere does make the value of the item go up. BUT these things are already retailed at a resellers price. I can see a CD that was released at a normal price raising into the hundreds for die hard collectors who want rare merch in pristine condition. But if you paid $360 from the jump, we're talking about a relatively small universe of people when it comes to Underground hip hop heads with expendable incomes. Going up from $360 is far fetched in my eyes, thus not really making it an investment at all unless you are selling it to the Rock and Roll Hall of fame down the line if these guys become 2pac level megastars in the future.

If they can flip em, more power to them. The artists and fans alike. The one thing that gets proven over and over again here, is that their unconventional approach makes them unique enough to pay attention to and talk about.

That was some long winded shit.. I hope I never feel so obliged to type this much about it again.

posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 11:44:36 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
yeah that's true, it's available for everyone to hear but he's still not making the money he would off of soundcloud that he would if he just sold it digitally. fahim is always talking about how he wants to get paid, yet some of his decisions suggest the opposite. why not make it available to stream on soundcloud and sell it digitally as well?

no idea. the jazz spastiks sell nearly everything they put out as "pay what you will" on bandcamp. and they're still here, so they must be making a living off of it, somehow.

fahim would probably sell a lot more, if he sold everything on bandcamp for reasonable prices (either pay-what-you-will or $5 for these dump gawd EPs, for example, and $7-10 for the longer albums), rather than putting it on soundcloud. then again, i'm no artist, so i have no idea what all the logic is behind all these moves is. for example, perhaps the situation is that, although you can make money off of bandcamp, it's not as user friendly as soundcloud is. soundcloud seems to be really popular, so maybe fahim figures putting his stuff on soundcloud's worth the cost of exposing his music to leaks. in other words, the more "out there" you are, the more vulnerable your music is to leaks. it's a bittersweet thing. more people will hear you on soundcloud, but you won't make money.

so what'd you do? do you avoid soundcloud? you'll lose a lot of fan exposure to your music, but your music will also be more protected, if it's only on bandcamp. but isn't that kind of giving up on growing your fanbase? i think fahim's too young and has too much potential to close himself off from the fan exposure he'd get on soundcloud. relying solely on bandcamp is kind of isolating yourself from the community, because of how bandcamp's set up, as opposed to soundcloud. i know you surf bandcamp, tippi, but for the average fan i think it's a lot easier to surf soundcloud. i could be wrong.

posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 11:48:28 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
there's clearly a lot to it that i don't understand. for example, if fahim wants to make money off sales, why not remove his music from bandcamp, and put it on itunes? therefore, allowing it to stream on apple music and spotify. giallo point did that, last year.

why stay on bandcamp? there must be a reason, or else he wouldn't do it. then again, maybe that's how he can afford all these beats from all these producers -- by not paying to get himself on itunes (again, i have no idea how this all works, so i'm just thinking out loud right now).

Loewi

posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 11:51:28 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Loewi
I'm curious as to why folks who make these purchases refer to them as investments.. Is it because you're willingly paying a higher price so that they can keep this level of productivity and exclusivity, so essentially you are buying into a brand or are you making the purchase of $111.11+ CDs with hopes that their value will increase and you will eventually flip them? If that's the case, are you still purchasing as a fan or is it for your own personal monetary gain, or some type of balance of both? 

For me it's the sentimentality of having something dope and rare and financially backing what I consider great art.

posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 11:52:54 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
materialism ftw.

Loewi

posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:01:04 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Loewi
Yup lol

posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:04:45 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
iiwii. we're all slaves to it, in some way.

wicked 22.2

Total Posts: 2424
posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:06:48 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for wicked 22.2   Click Here to Email wicked 22.2
if I got a vinyl copy of hbo I'd have to open it and play the fuck out of it. I'd be scared every time it came out tho lol.

no mask

Total Posts: 7916
posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:09:22 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
sales arnt even the main revenue stream for some artists. if you tour and/or do shows a lot, sell merch you can make more with those than off album sales. then you have beat selling for multi talened artists and guest spots sometimes pay.

Fahim could make $2500+ a month just off merch, selling beats, guest spots and live shows.

the super inflated prices are to increase value in a time of illegal downloads. smart but risky and not without its problems.

tippi dink

posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:10:29 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
The one thing that gets proven over and over again here, is that their unconventional approach makes them unique enough to pay attention to and talk about.

you make a great point lex, i guess ultimately all that really matters at the end of the day is that people are thinking/talking about it. that brings me back to what i said before though, the discussion is almost never about the music itself - just how much he puts out and the exlusivity/limited availability of his projects.
perhaps the situation is that, although you can make money off of bandcamp, it's not as user friendly as soundcloud is. soundcloud seems to be really popular, so maybe fahim figures putting his stuff on soundcloud's worth the cost of exposing his music to leaks. in other words, the more "out there" you are, the more vulnerable your music is to leaks. it's a bittersweet thing. more people will hear you on soundcloud, but you won't make money.

well i'm not saying that they should be exclusive to one or the other, just that i don't understand why an artist wouldn't put a project on both to make it available to more people. the thing with bandcamp is that you can only stream an album a limited number of times (i think it's 5) unless you pay for it. so make it available to stream on soundloud so more people could see it, and link the bandcamp page on soundcloud so people could purchase it digitally. i don't see how this could do anything other than benefit an artist tbh.

lex718

posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:10:56 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for lex718
From the perspective of someone who has sold and purchased music off of Bandcamp and streamed digital music abroad, the pros to making it exclusive to that site would be that you have complete control over the privacy of what you present on the page. With sites like Youtube and Soundcloud, although you can set them to be stream only, there are third party sites you can rip them from. You're able to make the stream listenable but not linkable on bandcamp if you'd like which essentially makes it harder to bootleg.

As a seller it's also the quickest turnaround on a sale. When someone makes a digital purchase through Bandcamp, it takes about 2 business days to see the funds in your paypal. If you sell merch, it's available in your paypal immediately. With iTunes, Amazon, etc. you wait a couple months before you see a return. They likely would be paid through whatever distribution service or company they are using.

They certainly could expand their reach if they decided to stream their music and make some decent royalties off of it too, but it may hurt their current set up. I don't know what production costs they put into the products, but it seems as though they record their own music and I know Mach does some of his own art. To press a short run of 25-100 CDs is not very costly depending on the manufacturer you use.

So for a self produced project, if you only sell 20 CDs sold at $100 a pop, you made $2,000 when you potentially spent under a hundred bucks outside of your previous studio expenses. You just made $1,900 in revenue. Though you may see that back in digital sales, it is a much slower moving process and these guys move fast.

lex718

posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:15:49 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for lex718
You can set how many times people can stream your album on bandcamp before they need to purchase. I think the default is 10 or something. As an artist, I think it is the most user friendly site. You can put it out however the hell you want to. Everything from the tracking to the ease of setting promo codes is super user friendly. I recommend bandcamp to all independent artists.

posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:16:30 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
i guess if he's putting a project out every couple weeks, and they're selling out every time, it ain't a bad income. based on what lex said.

still, the cost for all those beats. plus living and recording expenses. it must be a tight ship they run.

lex718

posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:17:29 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for lex718
By far my favorite selling resource. But I don't have diehards willing to spend rare art money on my music (though you never really know til you try, lol). So I need to make it more readily available if I want it to get heard, which I personally do.

lex718

posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:19:03 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for lex718
Something tells me they have a working relationship with the majority of producers they work with. So it's very possible a lot of it is not being paid for on the front end. Rather folks making money together after creating the product.

posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:42:36 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
Something tells me they have a working relationship with the majority of producers they work with. So it's very possible a lot of it is not being paid for on the front end. Rather folks making money together after creating the product.

hmm. that could explain it.

dr.proF

Total Posts: 5833
posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:51:51 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dr.proF   Click Here to Email dr.proF
rolo you sound like you failed all of the reading comprehension tests in high school.

Lol at calling someone a hater because they disagree that a release from 6 months ago is an "underground classic". Please

dj rolo

Total Posts: 2969
posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 1:02:52 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
y'all made some great points, i can respect that, Lex, Loewi and even tippi, I like discussions like this...except 88, son get off the sack bruh, shit ain't cute

tippi dink

posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 1:11:50 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i knew you loved me dude, i think you're alright too even if you jump to conclusions and don't have a sense of humor.

also for the record 88, i totes think you're cute af. you know, since i'm gay and all. keep doing you bruh.

dj rolo

posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 1:19:50 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
i actually have a top-tier sense of humor, trust...and i love everybody

posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 1:21:59 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
just calling it like i see it, rolo. keep doing your thing, playboi.

SC1989

Total Posts: 1698
posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 2:16:12 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for SC1989
Fahim could make $2500+ a month just off merch, selling beats, guest spots and live shows.
Yeaah but he prick so I guess no one wants to really work with him.
Were was he at that WSG show when Mach come on.
Have no care for hearing this shit.
Got Damu

posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 2:17:46 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
lol, sometimes it seems like sc's a huge fahim fan, but other times it seems like he hates fahim. maybe i'm just misreading some of his comments that seem like he likes fahim.

posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 3:34:28 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
on one hand, i really fucking hope this and dollar menu 3 get on HHB soon. but, on the other hand, fahim's given us something like a million and four projects this year, so why should i complain?

SC1989

Total Posts: 1698
posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 3:38:19 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for SC1989
I like his music but matey comes off as a massive wanker
Would like to see a few Emcees on his beats.

Loewi

posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 3:45:42 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Loewi
As someone who purchased DM3, I wouldn't mind if it leaks as long as it's a low bit rate MP3 rip or YouTube stream

tippi dink

posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 3:47:55 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
honestly i haven't really listened to anything he's put out since those that slay dragons. i don't even know how many projects he's dropped since then, like 4? i lost track. at first i wasn't really feeling music at all aside from some of the beats, then i was finally understood the hype and was converted after hearing dark shogunn saga vol. 2 and dollar menu with mach, listened to his music pretty much every day for a month. now i'm kinda burnt out and disinterested. i'll still listen to a few tracks here and there, but for the most part i'm over it at least for right now. definitely looking forward to that "best of" compilation though.

Loewi

posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 4:49:35 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Loewi
Fahim still going the fuck in on Daupe on IG. He's super pissed

Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 37912
posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 5:33:18 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
I used to be a big time hater in regards to him and Mach jacking up the price of not only their physicals but their digital. Even got into a back and forth last year with Fahim on Twitter about it. But then i relaxed and realized that it doesn't have any impact on my life and if there's a market of people willing to pay the price then more power to them for making bread off of doing something they enjoy. I personally would never pay the prices these dudes are asking. It's comedy how WSG and Conway jumped on their backs with the charging crazy amounts of dough for CD's now lulz.

And yea now supposedly Daupe is suing Fahim? LOL...

Partial IP: 242.189.89

dj rolo

posted Wednesday, July 12, 2017 8:22:19 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
Daupe is a sketchy label who straight up lies, i hope they get exposed them wack-ass lames

sp4rks

Total Posts: 10
posted Thursday, July 13, 2017 2:27:08 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for sp4rks
He can be really nice on some beats, but with his latest super-emotional IG rants about Daupe scumbags hes becoming very annoying to me.

And charging people just to ask him questions $25 bahahah tf is that ? Dudes full of himself, instead on working on one dope, consistent album which I totally believe he would be capable of hes projecting this fucking greedy little n*gga nobodys wants to fuck with, they all cut him off Griselda etc

Yesterday he set price to all cds at $111
The guy is clearly delusional, very narcissistic and just diggs his own grave.

Partial IP: .198.112.2

Seme__one

Total Posts: 1287
posted Thursday, July 13, 2017 4:58:05 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
^ is he losing the plot or something, all his cd's and digital are set to $111.11 "lol"

I need Lpac email so he can burn me his CD's, fuck buying anything from this dude

his vids dissin' Daupe I can get with tho'

he obviously is a bit unhinged at the mo' and acting like a diva

like his music tho' was going to cop his discog' on cd but not for silly money wtf is he thinking "lol"

his entire digital discog is a steal now at only $2,001.09!

way to build a fanbase worse moves than observe smh*

Lpac

Total Posts: 6509
posted Thursday, July 13, 2017 7:18:43 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lpac
JFC he really has put all his digital albums for $111.11, fucking glad I copped everything for original prices although the only one i havent got is Those That Slay Dragons which i was gonna cop on next payday for $50 but I'm not paying the new price Yo Seme I got you if you really want some physicals?

Lpac

Total Posts: 6509
posted Thursday, July 13, 2017 7:26:55 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lpac
Mach has stopped doing digital download only on his bandcamp shit, just cds smfh

posted Thursday, July 13, 2017 8:35:42 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
Lpac, hook me up with dollar menu 3 and dump legend. I asked loewi, but he's being a total jerk about it irl, even though I've hooked him up in the past. Be the hero loewi won't be, lpac. Hook a brother up!

Loewi

posted Thursday, July 13, 2017 8:46:56 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Loewi
Sorry 88 😅;

posted Thursday, July 13, 2017 9:08:45 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
Why, I oughta...

Jackie gleason pissed off.gif

Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 37912
posted Thursday, July 13, 2017 9:10:59 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Yo Loewi did you end up pulling the trigger on Dump Legend after all or nah?

Partial IP: 242.189.89

Loewi

posted Thursday, July 13, 2017 9:24:30 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Loewi
Not on Dump Legend

wicked 22.2

posted Thursday, July 13, 2017 10:00:31 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for wicked 22.2   Click Here to Email wicked 22.2
you copped dump gawd 3

Loewi

posted Thursday, July 13, 2017 10:04:15 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Loewi
Dollar Menu 3

wicked 22.2

posted Friday, July 14, 2017 2:19:21 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for wicked 22.2   Click Here to Email wicked 22.2
Just got mines too, mon

Seme__one

Total Posts: 1287
posted Friday, July 14, 2017 4:17:04 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
yeah L' hook me up, I had most of his discog in a cart a few hundred dollars but didn't pull the trigger as I was waiting for a few records to come up I have to scoop, like Akira splatter which dropped yesterday, I was planning on copping Fahims shit next week, but fuck that now

mods can one of you give Lpac my email please

All times are ET. The time now is 10:39 AM.Post viewed 2230 timesPage: 1 2 3
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: