Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (30) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
2017's Illest -whats Your Top Albums And Ep's?

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 123 replies
Page: 1 2 3
AuthorTopic:  2017's Illest -whats Your Top Albums And Ep's?
technosapien36

Total Posts: 61
posted Sunday, December 10, 2017 2:24:26 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for technosapien36
My top 5

Armand Hammer -ROME
Billy Woods - Known Unknowns
Madchild X Evidence - Darkest Hour
Killa Kali X The Architect - American Me
Roc Marciano - Rosebudd's Revenge

Partial IP: 224.194.89

COOLGUY JIMMY

Total Posts: 3583
posted Sunday, December 10, 2017 3:30:58 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for COOLGUY JIMMY
Gotta check that Killa Kali

Phatbeets

Total Posts: 11852
Location: Shit albums all around guys , keep it up, let the shit pour like the Ganges river
posted Sunday, December 10, 2017 3:53:20 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Phatbeets

Yeah yeah as if you never drunkpoasted.. if a couple of uutube make you get your panties in a bunch, I'm posting my top 500 rednecks tracks itt

SC1989

Total Posts: 1736
posted Sunday, December 10, 2017 4:21:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for SC1989
Damu the fudgemunk Vignettes
Billy Woods Known Unknown
The Dopplganaz Dopp Hopp
Onry Ozzborn Cupid
Damu the fudgemunk vignettes

dj rolo

Total Posts: 3229
posted Sunday, December 10, 2017 4:29:55 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
heads def sleeping on that Teraban "Camoflauge Children" album

...oh and tippi, stop crying lil'guy, evrything gon be alright

tippi dink

Total Posts: 5470
posted Sunday, December 10, 2017 4:48:16 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
of course everything is going to be alright, but you're still a fucking idiot lol.

technosapien36

posted Sunday, December 10, 2017 5:33:36 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for technosapien36
"heads def sleeping on that Teraban "Camoflauge Children" album"

I was disappointed in it. I am a fan of both MCs, but was not feeling this one.

dj rolo

posted Sunday, December 10, 2017 11:22:25 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
tippi, about time you grow up...no?

don't you have some obscure indie rap album to go memorize? secondly, have you ever been on a date with a female? ...be honest

tippi dink

posted Monday, December 11, 2017 12:26:20 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
holy shit, could you be any more autistic? that's rich coming from a 40 year old on here acting like a teenager. grown men don't act like you do lol, you seem incapable of having a normal conversation. again you prove how much of a hypocrite you are. it's no wonder you're so bitter, you're everything you claim to hate so you come on here posturing and projecting nonstop to make yourself feel better. you say you hate elitists, but you act like an elitist. you say you dislike haters, yet you're on here hating constantly. you tell people you're obsessed with them, but you've been pretty obsessed with me for these last few weeks. fake motherfuckers like you are so cancerous. it almost seems like a gimmick at this point, not gonna lie. i refuse to believe that anyone lacks that much self awareness lol. i honestly wouldn't be surprised if you were actually a virgin lol. it's genuinely sad man, i honestly feel bad for you at this point. you've got a real chip on your shoulder and i have no idea why. midlife crisis maybe? do a little self reflecting man, seriously. it'll do you good.

and i don't think that new big krit album is that obscure, but tell me again how i'm an elitist even though you've proven that you have no idea what that word means lol.

Ocpointofview

Total Posts: 2788
Location: whats wrong with Christina Aguilera? She has a few dope joints. She has Soul! And she's talented!
posted Monday, December 11, 2017 3:15:58 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Ocpointofview
Im a huuge doppelgangaz fan...i dont think dopphop was not that spectacular either

SC1989

posted Monday, December 11, 2017 4:50:36 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for SC1989
Tippi Bruv your a broke virgin who never smelt tuna on your fingers.
No God Albums.SMHHHH

dj rolo

posted Monday, December 11, 2017 9:26:51 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
with that rant...i def struck a nerve (...and he didn't answer the question), further proof you a virgin.

"blah blah blah, the "i pity you" card, blah blah blah, you're cancerous, blah blah blah you're fake, blah blah blah, you're autistic, blah blah you're an elitist, blah blah you're an idiot, blah blah you're bitter, you're a hater, blah blah you're a gimmick, you're retarded..."

tell me i didn't strike a nerve! LOL what a little nerdboy, you try way too hard bro, i can only imagine you offline, probably the biggest dork ever. go memorize some more stuff geek

Nassau William Senior

Total Posts: 2321
Location: Hot box, handsome on a hill, watchin' night lights stretch. A Los Angeles journalist like Fletch.
posted Monday, December 11, 2017 10:14:31 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
rolo comes off as the biggest fuckboi in some time. he reminds me of x-factor.

rolo, if you are such a cool person irl, why did you come back to a defunct jewish hip hop website? this place is a ghost town for autistic losers, broke virgins, and you (the rich, cool guy). don't you think you are a little out of place posting here?

i'm gonna guess you're not as rich and not as cool as you claim. in fact, you're closer to an autistic loser and broke virgin. stick around, maybe you'll make some friends. but drop the internet ego. it's not a good look at 40 years old.

tippi dink

posted Monday, December 11, 2017 10:21:38 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
oh yeah sure you struck a nerve, whatever you want to believe lol. whatever fits the narrative you're pushing right? look, i'm just telling you like it is, so you can realize how much of an insufferable cunt you are. i don't know why you're so determined to make everyone hate you. we all know the reason you come at me the way you do is because i call you out on all the dumb shit you say, and believe me you say a lot of dumb shit. you really seem uphappy so you come on here with your superiority complex trying to act like you're above everyone here. talk about people trying hard LOL, you're trying harder than anyone. you're delusional man, it's like you're living in your own world completely detached from reality.

you continue to prove how much of a dense clueless retard you are with every post. we both know that me answering your question wouldn't change anything, you'd still call me a virgin because that's your go to insult. i could literally post a picture of my dick in a girls mouth with dj rolo written on the shaft and you'd say it was photoshopped. for real, why are you so obsessed with where other men stick their dicks anyway? that's all you talk about lol. you're basic as fuck man, mentally you're still in middle school and i really don't understand what happened in your life that turned you into such a bitter curmudgeon. you seem like you've laughed or had fun a day in your life. i mean really, was you telling me to go listen to an obsure rap album supposed to be insulting? you realize this is an underground hip hop forum right? memorizing an album? damn, you got me man. well done, i don't know how i'll ever recover from that. just take the l and move on, seriously. or don't, and continue to make yourself look like a damn fool. either way lol.

tippi dink

posted Monday, December 11, 2017 10:26:12 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
lol it's just crazy that a 40 year old man acts this way. that's why it doesn't matter what he says, he's stuck like this for the rest of his life. i thought wicked was bad at first, but this is another level completely. definitely makes me appreciate wicked more, at least wicked has a sense of humor.

lex718

Total Posts: 777
posted Monday, December 11, 2017 11:35:07 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for lex718
Been a long year that went by quickly (ironically).. These are the albums that held up for me:

Top 10 Albums (in order)
1. Ransom - Greatest Rapper Alive
2. Milano Constantine x Skizz - The Way We Were(Bonus Version)
3. Roc Marciano - Rosebudd's Revenge
4. Hus Kingpin x Big Ghost - Cocaine Beach
5. Your Old Droog - Packs
6. Sean Price - Imperius Rex
7. Showbiz & A.G. - Take it Back
8. Lone Catalysts - Culture
9. Meyhem Lauren x DJ Muggs - Gems From the Equinox
10. Kendrick Lamar - DAMN

Top 25 (continued, no order)
Prodigy - The Hegelian Dialectic
Jonwayne - Rap Album Two
Recognize Ali x Giallo Point- Back 2 Mecca
Planet Asia x Apollo Brown - Anchovies
Substantial - The Past is Always Present in the Future
Cunninlynguists - Rose Azura Njano
Wordsworth x Sam Brown - Our World Today
Willie The Kid x V Don- Deutsche Marks
King Magnetic - Everything Happens For a Reason
SmooVth x Giallo Point - Medellin
Thirstin Howl - Skillmatic
Da Buze Bruvaz - Adebisi Hat
Spit Gemz - The God that Forgot Himself
Therman Munsin x Roc Marciano - Sabbath
Action Bronson - Blue Chips 7000

Top 10 EPs:
1. Starvin B x DJ M-1 - Choose Your Own Adventure
2. $amhill - The Epilogue
3. CRIMEAPPLE x Buck Dudley - Metralleta
4. Lil Eto x V Don- Omerta the Film
5. Da Villins x Skizz - Cashmere Dice
6. GS Advance - Absynthe
7. Ransom - 1%
8. Big Twins x Skizz - Billy Ocean
9. Scram Jones - November 5th
10. Eff Yoo x The Kurse - Spicaso

There's a ton of other shit I copped and liked this year too, but I tried to limit this to my top listened to projects. I left Prince Paul's The Redux and Blu & Exile's In the Beginning Before the Heavens out of contention since they were both recorded in a different era despite being released this year.

tippi dink

posted Monday, December 11, 2017 11:46:19 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
lone catalysts was that high up for you huh? i'll have to listen to that again. love that different cities track though.

lex718

Total Posts: 777
posted Monday, December 11, 2017 12:12:35 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for lex718
Yeah man, I was a big Lone Catalysts fan in the early 00s. This gave me that same feel.

Paper Piff And Polo

Total Posts: 765
posted Monday, December 11, 2017 12:58:11 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Paper Piff And Polo
^^^^ Yo I agree with Tippi about Rolo
Dude has a sad life so he comes in here and puts people down to feel better about himself.
Funniest part is when he calls people "virgins" lol
He so adamant about people being "virgins" that im like 99.9% sure he is one or he is a super closeted homosexual (no jokes there just real talk) he doesnt really bother me tho I just laugh when he posts cause hes such a fuckin whiney lil bitch its comical but not in the way he wants it be more like laughing at him and not with him lol

eseph84

Total Posts: 6191
posted Monday, December 11, 2017 1:10:48 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
wow tippi owned trollo

paper piff and trollo agrees with tippi but is definitely a trollo mini me in his own corny way lol

tippi dink

posted Monday, December 11, 2017 1:21:22 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
man it's nonstop posturing and puffing his chest out, and it's corny as fuck. dude seems like he never interacts with people PERIOD, let alone women. the best part is that he'll complain about something one minute and then he'll do it himself right after. he'll say late pass in those recent acquisition threads whenever gino posts an album that's more than a decade old, and he was calling eseph a newjack that just got into hip hop 4 years ago because he didn't hear two of de la souls albums, yet he says he hates elitists? i asked him to explain how i was an elitist and he couldn't lol. dude has been salty ever since i popped into a thread weeks ago and made a joke about calling someone gay and calling someone a virgin both being middle school insults. this is the 5th or 6th time he's posted about me since, yet if anyone else mentions his name in a thread they're obsessed with him. it's pure comedy lol.

tippi dink

posted Monday, December 11, 2017 1:24:05 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i like paper piff and polo, he doesn't seem to take shit too seriously and he actually has a sense of humor even though not every single joke he makes lands for me.

Nassau William Senior

Location: Hot box, handsome on a hill, watchin' night lights stretch. A Los Angeles journalist like Fletch.
posted Monday, December 11, 2017 2:12:25 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
rolo pretty much wrapped up the FOTY award with no mask stepping his post game up and LPac going ghost

cograts rolo

madmathematic

Total Posts: 66
posted Monday, December 11, 2017 3:37:00 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for madmathematic
Willie the kid - Deutsche Marks
Tesla's Ghost - Stretch Lincolns
Recognize Ali - Allah's Favorite LP
Melanin 9 - Old Pictures
HMK - Black God White Devil
Planet Asia & Apollo Brown - Anchovies
Billy Woods - Known Unknowns
Smoovth - Medellin
Roc Marciano - Rosebudd's Revenge
Sinks - Buy Partisan
Guy Grams - Consigliere
Your Old Droog - Packs

Honorable mentions:

Heem Stogied - Dump Gawd: King Stogied Edition
Ichiban Hashface - Wolf vs Snake
Jon Wayne - Rap Album Two

CAChri$t(ie)

Total Posts: 7061
posted Monday, December 11, 2017 4:33:15 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for CAChri$t(ie)
HBO
Rosebudd
Dopp Hopp
Damn
Gems From the Ecuinox

technosapien36

posted Monday, December 11, 2017 5:04:44 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for technosapien36
LOL at people putting HBO in their lists. That was not released this year.

are u ready

Total Posts: 527
posted Monday, December 11, 2017 7:41:47 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for are u ready
i see tippi has a real mean streak and bigoted towards those with autism. autism is from vaccines so a lot of people who get it bad had no choice in that matter. also you really have to type out a novel when screaming down on posters?? bad enough u do that when over anal-izing music. also does ur anger stem form milo missing the beat when he raps?

tippi dink

posted Monday, December 11, 2017 7:44:11 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
my bad oliver, i realize how that making fun of the mentally ill is wrong. i won't do it anymore.

Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 38329
posted Monday, December 11, 2017 8:26:00 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Biggest Disappointments/Flops...

Your Old Droog - Packs
Big Boi - Boomiverse
Action Bronson - Blue Chips 7000
Raekwon - The Wild
Gensu Dean & Wise Intelligent - Game Of Death

I don't wanna group it into that category but the i was expecting more from the Sean P. It was decent but not great.

5th point

Total Posts: 649
posted Monday, December 11, 2017 8:33:14 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 5th point   Click Here to Email 5th point
I didnt mind it when rolo was ruining fahim threads but its just old now....save your money instead of coppin 100 - 1000$ albums, fly to vegas, hit up a brothel and come back online when your not such an insecure virgin.

tippi dink

posted Monday, December 11, 2017 11:29:53 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
biggest disappointments for me were

sadistik - altars
ivan ave - every eye
shabazz palaces - quazarz

wasn't expecting much from the big boi album but kill jill was the only song on there i liked.

MrOptiK

Total Posts: 22
posted Tuesday, December 12, 2017 7:16:48 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for MrOptiK
I thought that this year was a poor year but going through these comments I missed a few, that Milo album is fire! Copping that asap. And not gonna lie, I slept on Jon Wayne because he looked like a nerd rapper, then I heard one of his songs and I was so mad that I slept on him for so long lol

tippi dink

posted Tuesday, December 12, 2017 9:37:04 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i wouldn't say it was a bad year at all but my top 10 definitely seems a little weaker than it did in 2016. still a lot of quality releases though imo. second half of the year was pretty dry compared to the first half but there have been some albums dropping recently that i'm enjoying a lot. haven't really seen anyone on here mention it but i'm loving big krit's new album that was released in october, been listening to that almost every day for the last week. also it would be great if that jam baxter & ed scissortongue album actually comes out on the 15th. been waiting years for that project.

Paper Piff And Polo

Total Posts: 765
posted Tuesday, December 12, 2017 10:38:45 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Paper Piff And Polo
You guys like me? You really really like me? Awwww shucks fellas thats just swell

tippi dink

posted Tuesday, December 12, 2017 10:42:44 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
u aight

dj rolo

posted Tuesday, December 12, 2017 11:49:40 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
look at how worked up this kid gets, i'm dying LOL...bro you sound like you about to cry...i'll leave you be

...and i never claimed to be rich, i'm just not broke like y'all who think it's cool to bootleg and steal money from artists.

PS - look at tippi's boyfriend NWS having his back ahahahahaha

tippi dink

posted Tuesday, December 12, 2017 12:12:03 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
you're absolutely right, i was crying from laughing so hard just like everyone else here is lol.

and why are you singling out NWS? as if 5 other people aren't calling you a dumbass. are they all my "boyfriends" too? god how fucking lame can you be lol. just give it up man, at this point its just cringeworthy.

SC1989

posted Tuesday, December 12, 2017 12:46:03 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for SC1989
i never claimed to be rich, i'm just not broke like y'all who think it's cool to bootleg and steal money from artists.
So technically you are rich if we are broke and virgins.

Letdowns was G Rap and Sean P and Tippi for marrying such a fat mofo

eseph84

posted Tuesday, December 12, 2017 12:53:39 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
"i like paper piff and polo, he doesn't seem to take shit too seriously and he actually has a sense of humor even though not every single joke he makes lands for me." - tippi donk

^^
i can agree to that. sometimes when he's not directly trolling me he has made a couple good threads/posts.

he seems younger to me, not that that really matters, but that's the vibe i get from his post style

maybe deep down i just wished he liked my music as much as sc1989 did when he first came on the site lol. i mean, until he realized i was an aspiring r&b attempting/emcee wanker. he was technically my first real ughh fan lol. and for that, he will always have a piece of my unhealthy heart.

dj rolo

posted Tuesday, December 12, 2017 1:01:26 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
tippi, all jokes aside...it's been funny and all, but on the real, you should log-off once and a while and go outside, women dont bite and people arent gonna pick on you...i ain't being dumb but im tryna help you out bro

tippi dink

posted Tuesday, December 12, 2017 1:09:11 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
is that all you can say man? you're like a broken record. it's cool though, you're right. i've never been outside, i've never seen the sun, and i've never even spoken to a girl before. what does a vagina look like, can you describe it for me? i bet it looks real neat. god damn, i can't believe you're actually 40 years old lol.

eseph84

posted Tuesday, December 12, 2017 1:15:25 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
its trolo its trolo

he looks just like a cholo

its trolo its trolo...

(everybody)

tippi dink

posted Tuesday, December 12, 2017 1:15:58 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
eseph did you hear that new big krit?

NightRider

Total Posts: 429
posted Tuesday, December 12, 2017 1:27:27 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for NightRider
^^^I'm also interested what you guys think about Big Krit...

tippi dink

posted Tuesday, December 12, 2017 1:42:34 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i love it man, it blows his last album out of the water imo. i'm guessing that mainly due to the fact that he released it independently. at first i didn't know what to expect because it's a double album, which are usually bloated with a bunch of unecessary tracks and drag on forever, but i didn't feel that way about 4eva is a mighty long time at all. there's almost no filler on here at all imo and the production is great across the board. i love the duality between the two discs and how they actually sound different, with the big krit disc full of bangers and the justin scott being more introspective but these two personas still feel like two sides of the same coin. it's almost like he released two complete albums at once instead of one that drags on forever, but as a whole it still flows really well and is super cohesive. i think i had it at number 10 on my list when i posted it earlier in this thread but now it's easily top 5 after giving it a few more listens. i don't think there's a single bad track on the album and there are a ton that stand out.

Decepticon_1_Galvatron

Total Posts: 1703
posted Tuesday, December 12, 2017 1:47:45 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Decepticon_1_Galvatron
ROC
Kendrick
DJ Quik and Problem
Cunninlynguists
LMNO Twiz
Oh No Tri State
Agallah

Number 1: Morlockk und Brenk - Hexenkessel sowie Dexter - Haare Nice, Socken Fly

trash year...

dj rolo

posted Tuesday, December 12, 2017 1:55:11 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
lol espeh...still salty about the music thing huh? let it go bruh

at Galvatron, you mean the "Cranes" Agallah record?

Nassau William Senior

posted Tuesday, December 12, 2017 2:32:45 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
i ain't being dumb
i ain't being dumb
i ain't being dumb
i ain't being dumb
i ain't being dumb
i ain't being dumb
i ain't being dumb
i ain't being dumb
i ain't being dumb
i ain't being dumb

Dyme Secta

Total Posts: 191
posted Tuesday, December 12, 2017 4:28:31 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Dyme Secta
There is a thriving community of extremely creative lyricists. Interesting
beat selections. Enjoined listening to more than a few songs off this
album from 2017.

J_I_D_The_Never_Story

J.I.D: The Never Story

Nice to hear emcees have fun and be creative. Quality post. Later.

- dymesecta

tippi dink

posted Tuesday, December 12, 2017 4:36:32 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i think this is the first time i've seen someone on here mention the never story, but i thought that album was really good. i was impressed by it, especially since i had never heard of the dude before. he definitely seems to be inspired by kendrick and even sounds like him but i don't really see that as a bad thing, he stands out enough to me and i dug the production on the album a lot. highlights for me were: never, d_vision, hereditary, hoodbooger and lauder.

no mask

Total Posts: 8508
Location: There's many pre '94 albums better than liquid swords, OB4CL and Illmatic
posted Tuesday, December 12, 2017 6:40:08 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
albums i was feeling this year (not in order-at all):

Quelle Chris- Being you is great…
Deca- The way through
Shabazz Palaces- Quazarz vs. the jealous machines
Ivan ave- every eye
Prodigal Sunn- The Spark
Armand Hammer- Rome
Jazz Spastiks- Midnight method
The God Fahim- The dark shogun 2
Mach Hommy- Dumpmeister
M9-Old pictures
Denmark Vessey & Azarias- Buy Muy Drugs