Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (107) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Your Top Album Of 2017 And Why?

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 59 replies
Page: 1 2
AuthorTopic:  Your Top Album Of 2017 And Why?

Total Posts: 18540
Location: What does god have to do with the pronunciation of a word?
posted Tuesday, January 02, 2018 4:50:50 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
go see florida project, because it's god damn beautiful.

also, kedi was a dope (although, maybe a bit too long for its subject matter) documentary about all the cats that live in istanbul.

Partial IP: 224.194.89

Total Posts: 18540
Location: What does god have to do with the pronunciation of a word?
posted Tuesday, January 02, 2018 4:57:07 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
not really sure what the point of the disaster artist is but i keep seeing people praise it for some reason so i'm still kind of curious

it's so, so, sooooo bad. franco is a terrible director, and the movie's premise is a bad idea (see: my comments above). even though the idea of the movie - to pull back the curtain on the famously bad movie's star/creator - is, imo, a bad move (see: again, my comments above), they manage to fuck that up anyway, where you don't learn anything about him, because, since tommy was involved, they had to hold back. it's not funny, insightful, or entertaining. awful. go ahead and watch it, but just be forewarned that it'll be a turkey shoot.

tippi dink

Total Posts: 6748
posted Tuesday, January 02, 2018 4:59:23 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
i'll watch florida project when it's released digitally next month. not really sure what the plot is about but the green goblin is in it and that's all i need to know

that kedi documentary also sounds interesting

CAChri$t(IE)

Total Posts: 8290
posted Tuesday, January 02, 2018 5:47:36 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for CAChri$t(IE)
cs HBO

dj rolo

Total Posts: 4676
posted Tuesday, January 02, 2018 8:00:40 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
tippi, are you one of those Emo teens? ...seem like it

tippi dink

posted Tuesday, January 02, 2018 8:11:22 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
yeah totally rolo, i'm listening to my chemical romance and cutting myself right now. you know emos haven't really existed since the mid 2000s right? i don't think that's really a thing anymore. i was never a scene kid though, a few i knew growing up were alright but most were insufferable.

tippi dink

posted Tuesday, January 02, 2018 9:20:00 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
man that's not really what comes to mind when i think of emos, because the only people that labeled themselves emo were those hot topic lolsorandom scene kids that listened to hawthorne heights and shit.

rosemary

Total Posts: 7
posted Wednesday, January 03, 2018 1:09:14 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for rosemary
Rock: August by Cake by Guided by Voices. Solid return for my favorite band. Really happy that they mastered the folk-song idea and mixed it with a lot of solid power-pop rock from their previous albums. Really pleased.

Rap: Cheating, since it's a 2016 release, but the Avalanches' newest album is the single greatest piece of hip-hop electronica to be released since Ye's Graduation. It's a psychedelic mix and I love it. Tracks like Because I'm Me and Zap! are just masterpieces; the former has a NYC, Jay-Z style feel and the latter is a child born from the loins of Daft Punk a-la RAM and Kanye West.

LEX718

Total Posts: 1326
posted Wednesday, January 03, 2018 11:24:10 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for LEX718
My favorite gets mentioned by no one else. Ransom- Greatest Rapper Alive. It may be because I wasn't expecting much so the shock factor of this project having content and a sound that actually moved me may contribute to how much I enjoyed it. Ran brought it on this album. I'm not too crazy about the beat on Xtreme Negligence but that's the only gripe I have about the album. And that song is saved by the fact we get a Stack Bundles verse. That kid J.R. is pretty nice. He reminds me of Elzhi a bit. Production from Eto & VDon suited Ran's style nicely. It's street, it's soulful, it's informed, it's creative and it's unapologetic. I thought this album stood out amongst the pack.

All times are ET. The time now is 3:28 PM.Post viewed 1836 timesPage: 1 2
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: