UndergroundHipHop.com 12 Days of Christmas
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (35) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Attn: Kallisti87

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 184 replies
Page: 1 2 3 4
AuthorTopic:  Attn: Kallisti87
tippi dink

Total Posts: 5103
posted Wednesday, August 02, 2017 4:17:29 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
definitely, it's like 8000 pages total. even if you got through 50 pages a day it would still take you like 6 months. that's kinda why i stepped back after those first three volumes, because i realized after all that time i had barely even put a dent in the series.

side note, but on that last onry ozzborn album he had a line "call me the triple crown cerebus" and i'm not sure if he meant to say cerebus and was referencing the character or if he mixed up cerebus and cerberus. it's been bugging me lol.

Partial IP: 62.144.146

Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 37912
posted Wednesday, August 02, 2017 9:44:08 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Yo Kallisti i finally peeped Orphan Black. What a fucking episode. I knew once Ferdinand escaped that trap that someone was going to die. I didn't know if it was going to be one of the clones or someone else. I didn't see Mrs. S being the one but im glad she killed his ass too. I was left in shock for like 3 seconds once the credits started rolling. I want that Neo cop to fucking die already. The one that executed the redheaded girl in front of Helena. That bitch annoys the fuck out of me. I hope Helena is the one that takes her out. What you think of the episode? Can't believe there's only two more left.

New Vice Principals trailer...

Haven't checked the Rick and Morty episode out yet? Have you? If so, you like it?

Partial IP: 242.189.89

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Wednesday, August 02, 2017 10:04:20 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx

that's understandable, don't make the mistake i made and buy a bunch of books in the beginning just to own them even though you know you're not gonna get around to reading them for months. i still have books that i bought a year ago that i haven't gotten to yet because new stuff keeps coming out. i was just worried that some of the ones i wanted were going to go out of print if i didn't jump on them asap. now that i've been collecting for a while though i realized that even the most sought after books that everyone is hyped for usually don't go out of print for like 8 months to a year. the x-statix omni is out of print but you should be able to find it on ebay for 50-80 bucks if you're patient. there's one on there now with a buy it now price of 40 bucks plus 13 shipping, theres some slight damage to the dust jacket but it doesn't seem too bad.

Yo tippi I've read good things about the X-Statix run. You peep the whole thing? I might let the auction end if nobody buys it and then PM the seller to see if they'll do it at a lesser price. The dust jacket thing doesn't bother me as much even though the sticker on the back is a little annoying. I'm sure it's removable. Just a little cautious too regarding the book itself since user only posted pictures of dust jacket. They do have perfect feedback at least.

Partial IP: 242.189.89

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, August 02, 2017 10:26:36 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
x-statix is a really special book, it's a continuation of milligan and allred's x-force run, but that's included in the omni as well. it was such a nice change from all the other x-men comics at the time which were very dramatic, almost like a soap opera. then x-statix comes along and it's this fun, metafictional satire of comics and their tropes. basically it's about a team of mutants that aren't actually interested saving the world or fighting crime, they only do it for the fame and fortune and record it all for reality tv. again, it's nothing like any other x-men book you'll ever read but it's a nice change and a ton of fun.

that sounds like a good idea. description on the ebay auction made it seem like the only reason the jacket was fucked up is because it had been sitting in a shop on a shelf and was already opened. dude has 100% positive feedback and i'd assume if something was wrong with the book itself then he would mention it. i suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask about the condition and if he would be willing to part with it for less though. you might even be able to remove that sticker on the back if you're careful lol.

Kallisti87

Total Posts: 744
posted Thursday, August 03, 2017 3:52:08 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
Orphan Black episode was pretty good, mainly because of that last scene. The parts with the clones at the art gallery was cool but felt more like filler. I thought Mrs. S would have stuck around 'til the end but at least she got to take out Ferdinand with her. She fucked him up big time when she shot him in the throat. I agree that Neo cop bitch needs to die, sucks the show's almost over for good. Since you were talking about graphic novels/comics before and speaking of shows that are ending on season 5, did you know the Angel series continued from where the show left off in graphic novel form? Haven't read it myself though. Looks like Spike got a spin-off comic too, plus Buffy got continued in graphic novel form as well. Might be worth checking out.

Garbage released their music video for their new song earlier today.

Watched that Vice Principals trailer the other day. Rick and Morty episode was good, was like a parody of Mad Max.
Picked up the first season of Curb your Enthusiasm for $7 yesterday. That's around $5's in the US.
Think I've asked before but have you ever seen Eastbound & Down? Has the same main actor as Vice Principals, Danny McBride.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Thursday, August 03, 2017 7:06:54 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Yea the art gallery slowed down the episode a little bit. I thought the point of it was a kind of a going away party for all the clones to be in the spotlight in a happy manner with only a couple episodes left. Plus it put Felix in the spotlight after being MIA for a few episodes. I thought Rachel was going to be the one to die. He almost did kill her.

Yea i knew about the Buffy and Angel comics when they initially dropped a decade ago but never checked them out, especially the Angel ones cause i was bitter about how that show ended lulz. I've read mixed reviews on them but they're fairly cheap so might pull the trigger on a few and see how they are.

I ended up watching Rick and Morty. The episode was alright but was expecting a little better. Not as much humor in the episode as i was hoping. The 'everyone handling the divorce' storyline that shadowed over the episode kind of put a damper on it. One of the funniest parts was when he programmed the robots to act as the kids and all the antics that happened with that.

Never saw Eastbound and Down.

Mr. Robot released a new, pointless teaser video...

tippi dink

posted Friday, August 04, 2017 12:36:10 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
man i just finished flash season 3 the other day. it was alright but the first two season were definitely MUCH better imo. there were some parallels to the last season of arrow, like the heavy focus on the relationships of oliver/felicity and barry/iris, and the big bad being someone from the oliver or barry's past that they were responsible for creating that intended to take everyone and everything away from them. it kinda felt like i was watching the same thing over again. HR disguising himself as iris and sacrificing himself caught me off guard though, was not expecting that at all. musical episode was awful, as expected. it was just an excuse to have a crossover and teach barry and supergirl a lesson about true love. pretty much the same thing as the arrow episode last season where oliver and felicity were trapped in that bunker. i skipped around a lot in that episode a lot.

started watching legends of tomorrow too. i'm 3 episodes in i think but honestly i think i'm gonna take a break from these shows and watch something else. maybe i'll finally check out izombie lol.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Friday, August 04, 2017 4:29:13 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Yo tippi i watched The Void last night. When it ended i asked myself 'What the fuck did i just watch?' lulz. Not in a negative way just in a literal what the fuck did i just watch. The first 2/3rds of the movie was pretty easy to follow what was going on but then it went way the fuck off track the last act. Can you explain to me what your interpretation of it was? For example was the pregnant girl in on it from the start or did she die due to birth complications and then resurrect as some possessed being? What was up with the doctor and how did he turn into that beast? What was that alternate dimension? Who were the hooded figures? Were they in Hell at the end?

New trailer just dropped and the season premiere is October 11th...

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Saturday, August 05, 2017 10:54:00 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Damn tippi you gonna leave me hanging like that? some_text

mic_data

Total Posts: 479
posted Saturday, August 05, 2017 11:15:21 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mic_data
Orphan Black, I almost puked a little when chick cut out her eyeball, and that's not like the sickest shit ever on TV- but it was her eye. Oh fuck.

I read all those Angel and Buffy comics. Angel starts off on IDW and moves to Darkhorse alongside Buffy. There's a lot of crazy stuff that happened, people are always arguing about what they liked or not, but I like it all.

I was into all the DC shows, stopped Arrow and Legends last year- just something had to give, TV's oversaturated like hip hop now. Got through Flash season 3 and Supergirl tho. Still like SHIELD, but it's pushed back to Dec. this year. Can't wait fro Mr. Robot and Gifted.

I just for the first time started Person of Interest like 2 months ago because I was looking for something in the vein of Fringe and someone suggested it. Fuck- I'm almost through season 4 now!

Anyone ever watch Continuum? Was good too as a whole series.

Ah shit, I'm thinking about that bionic eyeball on the floor again. Little.Drips.Ofblood.

tippi dink

posted Saturday, August 05, 2017 11:22:25 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
man i thought i already replied to this thread alright, i don't know what happened lol.

i'd have to rewatch the film to answer some of your questions. from what i remember, the pregnant girl was in on it and knew she was carrying the doctors child but i don't know if she knew exactly what would happen to her. the dudes in robes were cultists, most likely devoted to ending death. it's been a while since i watched it though, and i was much more focused on the visuals and the atmosphere than the details of the plot. normally i would have been concerned with that, but the thing about cosmic horror is that the things the characters experience are literally beyond the ability of the characters to understand. it's forbidden knowledge, outside of the comprehension of humans.

i think they tried to replicate that and make the audience feel the same way with how dark the film is (i mean the lighting) and some of the quick cuts. it's supposed to be vague and unexplainable, yet that's one of the major complaints i've heard about this movie from people. it's supposed to make you say "what the fuck just happened". it's about as close to lovecraft's work as you can get imo. my only real complaint though is the ending, yeah it was intentionally ambiguous but i don't think it was really alien enough if you know what i mean. i was expecting something crazier, a bigger payoff i guess. still one of my favorite horror movies that i've seen in the last few years though, definitely plan on watching it again soon.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Sunday, August 06, 2017 3:37:21 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
^Ahhhh ok so the last act didn't have much rhyme or reason to it. Makes more sense cause i thought a bunch of shit went over my head. Yea i thought the pregnant girl was in on it. What got my thinking the other way was she ha fallen out during what seemed like labor before waking up and stabbing her grandfather.

I read all those Angel and Buffy comics. Angel starts off on IDW and moves to Darkhorse alongside Buffy. There's a lot of crazy stuff that happened, people are always arguing about what they liked or not, but I like it all.

As an avid Angel and Buffy fan, would you recommend both or you think they would taint the TV series?

Person of Interest is one of my Top 5 shows of all time. Started watching it around this time last year and took me about 6 months to finish. Season 4, Episode 11 is one of the greatest single TV episodes I've ever seen. Edge of my fucking seat the whole time. That's what TV is supposed to be about.

Yo Kallisti you watch Orphan Black yet? Finally got a Helena origin story.

mic_data

posted Sunday, August 06, 2017 4:10:26 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mic_data
Do we think MC Shan would have gotten anywhere if hadn't been knocked off by BDP

Kallisti87

posted Monday, August 07, 2017 5:04:10 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
Yeah, I watched Orphan Black, can't believe there's only one more episode and it's over already. One of the best shows on tv right now. You watch the new Rick and Morty yet? Pickle Rick was pretty awesome.

Think I'm around half way through season 3 of POI now, last episode was when that control bitch fucked up the hearing in one of Root's ears but she managed to escape anyway. That episode when John kissed Carter was unexpected and I was thinking I hope they don't fuck up the dynamic of the show like other shows do *cough*Arrow*cough* but then they killed her not long after, lol.

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 just got released in Digital HD so you should be able to find places to stream it or whatever you do to watch movies. I just downloaded a copy earlier today even though I've already seen it.

There was an HBO trailer teasing their upcoming shows and had a few seconds of Larry David on set for Curb Your Enthusiasm but like I said, it was only a few seconds so not worth posting here.

tippi, you ever listen to ETHS?

Their lead singer left in 2006 and was replaced with this chick of all people.

Just found out the band broke up but performed 2 final concerts with the original members earlier this year.

mic_data

posted Monday, August 07, 2017 7:01:44 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mic_data
I'm at POI season 4 ep 9, so I'm looking forward to that ep. 11 Clock mentioned. I should be watching now, but I'm on here, hmm.

Anyway, I wrote back this whole thing about Buffy, and the wrong response got posted above, that's what happens when you got 10 thread tabs open at once I guess, it must've gotten posted in the wrong thread just like that one.

Buffy/Angel - Angel starts off on IDW, they put out a ton of stuff, the main series, and then a second series after the first, with a bunch of side spin-offs and stuff. You'll have to get a a chronology list to read them probably, but yeah they're good. With the end of Angel Season 5, when all the demons break through, I guess LA becomes like an entire isolated demon city. When it picks up in Darkhorse, Angel teams up with Faith for 2 seasons, and have soem good times.

Buffy goes all comic book-y and becomes more like supergirl for season 8, but it's got so many issues and stories it's worth reading. You get to see how all the new slayers in teh world are trained and stuff and a ton of guest appearances. After season 8, each season gets shorter, but tighter stories. This new Angel/Buffy Season 11 both titles are just 12 issues, before they were more than twice that.

Worth reading, get 'em at the library maybe, cus there's A lot.

Anybody watch Alias? It's kind of like the predecessor to POI and Fringe, I watched it all last summer- not as good as POI, but good with some similarities and also JJ Abrams produced or created.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Monday, August 07, 2017 9:12:32 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
^Never saw Alias. Let me know what you think of Episode 11 after you watch it. Amazing episode. Good looks on the comic info. I was always a bigger Angel fan than Buffy so i might start with the Angel comic first. Such a shame the show got cancelled. They were really hitting their high note with Season 5. Would've liked to see how they would've incorporated Illyria into a full season.

Yea some dickhead had spoiled that Carter didn't make it out of Season 3 so i was anticipating her death as soon as the season started and she really started investigating HR. The whole John/Carter kissing story line was lame and i wish they would've never included it. How badass is Root? Now that she's a series regular in Season 3 you really get to enjoy the character. Her ear drum got fucked up tho and they kept hitting her with adrenaline.

Orphan Black episode was great even with the Helena backstory. Looks like an epic showdown in that secret wing of the hospital. I really hope Art kills that cop bitch. I was bugging when Helena cut her wrists cause i would've been so pissed if her character checked out like that. What you think of the episode? Who you think dies in the finale? Id say Rachel for sure.

You bros ever see this movie?

I've been wanting to check out R rated comic book adaptions on the big screen. If you've seen it what you think?

Yo tippi im a chapter away from finishing Wytches after just getting it in the mail on Saturday. Crazy art, great storyline, pacing, and some dope metaphors. Like how they touch on anxiety as a main part of the story. You said you haven't peeped it right?

mic_data

posted Monday, August 07, 2017 10:09:42 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mic_data
Kick Ass is cool, there's a Kick Ass 2 also, you'll have to read the comic though to see how it ends, because they didn't finish the trilogy. I read some people didn't like the little girl running around killing people, but she was awesome-- Kind of like X-22 in Logan.

I just finished these comic series: Bunker, DMZ, Phonogram, and Revival.

DMZ is old, but you'd all probably like it if you haven't read it. It's about the Free States of America vs. the U.S and NYC is the Demilitarized Zone, but it's all divied up amongst various groups and gangs and stuff. The main character is a reporter.

Phonogram is kind of hard to follow, but it's about phonomancers, people who use music as magic or magic in music, and they mention tons and tons of Britpop rock bands and critique all kinds of songs and stuff. Not a lot of hip hop, but still interesting.

Kallisti87

posted Monday, August 07, 2017 11:26:17 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
Kick-Ass is pretty cool, I didn't know there were people hating on Hit Girl, she was awesome in the movies. Didn't know there was a comic for the third one either,a quick google search found me an interview with Hit Girl's actor saying there probably won't be a third one because a lot of people pirated the movie, instead of watching it at the cinemas. Kick-Ass 2 has Jim Carrey in it.

Have any of you seen this movie?

It's from the same guy that directed the Guardians of the Galaxy movies. This and Kick-Ass movies are super-hero movies more grounded in reality, no actual super powers in them but still awesome movies anyway.

Yeah Clock, the part where Helena tried to kill herself I was like wtf?!, I fully expected her to be one of the clones that would make it 'til the end. Glad she didn't die. She fucked up Dr. Coady pretty good at least, haha.

You've watched the Blade movies right? Those are R rated comic book movies. You know they made a live-action tv series of Blade and Sticky Fingaz was the main character? Haven't watched it myself.
That Super movie is a parody of comic book movies. You seen the Sin City movies? They're R-Rated comic movies and have a cool art style that makes them stand out. The second one had Eva Green, the main chick from Penny Dreadful in it.

Eva Green's poster for the movie got banned by the MPAA, lol.

tippi dink

posted Tuesday, August 08, 2017 10:44:25 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i mean i'm sure there's people out there who have tried to analyze the void and have their own theories about all of that but i'm sure that a least some of the plot details were purposely ambigious and left open to interpretation. though i'm curious now if i would pick up on anything that i missed if i watched it again.

started watching izombie, it's pretty interesting so far but also veeeeeeeeeery slow. definitely seems like the type of show that's better to watch week to week. hopefully it'll start to pick up, i just watched the fourth episode last night.

never heard of eths but i'm not really feeling them tbh, i listened to what you posted and a few other songs from their first album which people seem to like the most. it's pretty much a combination of the types of metal i typically don't care for (nu metal, modern metalcore). still, always cool to hear some metal that's in another language.

i've only read the first issue of wytches, i got it a while back on IST because it was cheap and i need my order to hit $50 so i could qualify for free shipping lol. probably gonna do a horror-themed readathon in october.. clean room, reread/finish that first nailbiter murder edition, wytches, marvel zombies, swamp thing, necromonicon by alan moore, harrow county, fatale, hack/slash, locke and key, revival, crossed, hellblazer, hellboy/BPRD. a lot of stuff to choose from.

kick ass is a perfect example of a movie that's better than the book it's based on, at leas the first movie anyway. the plot/story was more engaging, the characters were more relatable, etc and overall i just found it a little more enjoyable. i didn't hate the second one like some people did but it's definitely not nearly as good. mark millar's really got a knack for writing stories that translate well to the big screen though.. kingsman, wanted, kick-ass, and (old man) logan are all adaptations of his work and the marvel cinematic universe avengers is heavily influenced by his "ultimates". that's why we have the black nick fury in the movies. that book had a big impact on comics in general because of bryan hitches art, he was one of the first to use those cinematic wide-screen panels which became pretty popular later on, with some comics even being published horizontally.

i like super a lot too, maybe even more than kick-ass. it's more realistic and heartfelt while kick ass is more fun. i liked the first sin city but the second one wasn't that great, definitely worth watching/reading though just because those movies/comics ooze style. the comics are the same way, black and white with splashes of colors here and there for emphasis... like how the yellow bastard is always bright yellow lol. there's a collected edition called big damn sin city which is fucking massive, almost 1400 pages. i've thought about picking it up on a few different occasions but it just seems so unwieldly and difficult to read comfortably lol.

mic_data

posted Tuesday, August 08, 2017 5:08:38 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mic_data
Clock, watched that POI s04ep11. Good shit! a fresh take on the classic time-loop story line.

I was waiting for this scene with Harold and the machine playing chess since I heard it on the song below (skip to 3 minute mark to see how they used it if you don't want to listen to the whole thing). I wasn't sure if it was in POI or Lost, but I don't remember them playing chess in Lost, I figured it was from POI, it was cool seeing that.

I kept having a feeling that there would be no successful simulation and the whole plan from beginning to end would have wound up being a simulation and they never would have entered the building, but that wasn't the case- the ending was pretty effed up though, in a good way.

Love that one conversation during the 3rd sim:

Root: Overt come-on
Shaw: Mildly embarrassed defensiveness bordering on hostility
Root: Playfully witty sign-off.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Tuesday, August 08, 2017 5:21:06 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Yeah Clock, the part where Helena tried to kill herself I was like wtf?!, I fully expected her to be one of the clones that would make it 'til the end. Glad she didn't die. She fucked up Dr. Coady pretty good at least, haha.

I read comments saying she killed Coady but it didn't look like it. I just thought she fucked her up a little bit. It was nice to see and when she gave Sarah that sinister grin right before smashing her head in i knew shit was about to go down.

I've seen Sin City but only the first Blade movie. That Sin City poster is dope. Same chick from Penny Dreadful right? I'm going to watch Kick Ass in next few days.

They released a picture of Cable from next Deadpool movie yesterday...

some_text

Yo tippi in regards to iZombie, once the seasonal plotline kicks in, the show really takes off into binge watching territory. If i remember correctly, it starts occurring about halfway through the season so only a couple episodes after where you're at right now. Good looks on some other comic recommendations as i enjoy reading/watching Halloween/horror related things as it gets closer to the holiday.

Yo mic_data glad you dug the episode. The sim aspect had me saying 'wtf' before they revealed it was a sim. Since Kallisti hasn't seen the episode yet ill refrain from spoilers but yea the cliffhanger ending was a gut punch. I legit was silent for like 30 seconds after due to how good it was because of the attachment i got to the characters, especially Root.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Tuesday, August 08, 2017 10:42:15 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Just watched Kick-Ass. What a great fucking movie. Comedy, vulgar language, and extreme violence is the perfect trio for me. One of the reasons why Deadpool is one of my favorite movies of last couple years. The fight scenes with Hit-Girl were obviously the top shelf ones. From the first scene she appears at the drug dealers crib to the warehouse scene and the final act at the villains office i couldn't help but be amazed at how fucking badass the scenes were.

Can someone without giving spoilers explain why Part 2 got such a mixed review? I'm going to peep it either way but was wondering what was the big change between the two movies.

mic_data

posted Tuesday, August 08, 2017 11:15:39 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mic_data
Damn, Cable looks raw- I wish they did more with Bishop. I hope X-Force winds up being good too. Who do they got for Domino?

I can't really say about Kick Ass 2, I remember liking it. According to wikipedia and whatever source, "Filmmaker Quentin Tarantino named the film as one of the ten best he had seen in 2013." There was also a Hit Girl spin off comic. I also saw Super, remember liking it, but couldn't tell you anything about it, ha.

Anybody watch the series about Androids/AI taking over shit called Humans? I've streamed all the episode for the 1st two seasons, pretty good drama/sci fi. Kind of like iRobot, but less action. Actually Westworld was compared to it by some, but they aren't really that comparable.

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, August 09, 2017 9:44:33 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
the first is just better in every way - better directed, better jokes, better plot, better action scenes. first was directed my matthew vaugh, the second was directed by jeff wadlow. the humor is more crude and straight up tasteless at times, instead of working together with the drama it almost seems like an attempt to try and "cover it up" and make certain scenes not seem as bad or serious as they really are. they made a lot of changes from the comic too, the ending is completely different. but the kick ass 2 comic isn't as good as the first one either. also, the movie features a lot of hit girl not being hit girl. there's this mean girls-esque subplot that takes up a good portion of the film. overall the pacing feels rushed and the film is just messy imo. i still recommend it though if you liked the first one though, it's more of that but just not as good.

yeah i'll definitely stick with izombie and at least finish the first season, right now i just can't figure out what it's working towards or what the overarching plot is but i guess it would be the same for a lot of shows after only watching 4 episodes. if i think of any more horror comics i'll let you know, gonna do a little bit of research soon and see if there's any that are supposed to be good that i don't know about.
josh brolin looks great as cable, kinda bummed they decided to do away with the shoulderpads though. also he doesnt have nearly enough pockets. here's domino:

not sure how i feel about it to be honest, i mean the whole point of her name is that she's supposed to actually be black and white like a domino. her mutation makes her skin chalk-white. this just looks like misty knight from the heroes for hire/iron fist comics with vitiligo lol. there's nothing wrong with the way she looks and i'm sure non-comic fans won't care at all, but she's pretty much unrecognizable. if i was shown this image without knowing what it's from i would have no idea who it's supposed to be.

Sp 90s

Total Posts: 2522
posted Wednesday, August 09, 2017 9:50:30 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Sp 90s
Not sure if this perks either of your interest, but going to be a killer show.

mic_data

posted Wednesday, August 09, 2017 10:41:05 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for mic_data
Hmm. She looks cool, like she should be in a tarantino movie or something, but yeah, nothing like Domino. Maybe something will happen to her and change her appearance, but I can see the media going crazy with that if it happened.

Sp 90s

posted Wednesday, August 09, 2017 11:09:39 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Sp 90s
All I see

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, August 09, 2017 3:01:02 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
hahaha SP that's spot on, i'll never be able to unsee that now. gost is cool but i don't know if i'd really want to pay money to see a synthwave artist perform, not the type of shows i typically go to. haven't heard dance with the dead but i'm definitely gonna check em out now, found the bandcamp page.

i've got no problem with the way this domino looks or the costume or any of that, but it's just not domino. you can only change so much before it becomes a different character, especially when it comes to the main things that make the character stand out. it's like in the wolverine origins movie when they sewed deadpool's mouth shut. the merc with a mouth.. except he couldn't talk. i was salty about that for a while lol.

Sp 90s

posted Wednesday, August 09, 2017 3:12:38 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Sp 90s
The Carpenter Brut and Le Matos show I went to was one of the best shows I've ever been to in my life and I'm not just saying that cause I like synth.

marley gang

Total Posts: 26
posted Wednesday, August 09, 2017 3:17:18 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for marley gang

Partial IP: .37.75.106

Kallisti87

posted Wednesday, August 09, 2017 8:05:29 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
tippi, did you hear Netflix brought the rights to the Millerworld comics? All except the rights to the Kingsman and Kick-Ass series.
A new trailer for a sequel to Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders just came out, including the Batman voice being performed by the late Adam West.

Marvel just released a trailer teasing the next Venomverse comic, will have have Old Man Logan wearing the Venom suit.

Clock, I forgot to mention I'd watched Wonder Woman over the weekend, it was good for the most part but I wouldn't say it was as good as Logan. Can't remember if you've watched it or not but Kingsman is directed by the same guy that directed the first Kick-Ass movie, Kingsman 2 will be out this year and directed by him as well.
Just remembered this movie but only because it has Samuel L. Jackson in it since he was in the first Kingsman movie. It's one of my fav comedy movies of all time. I'd recommend checking it out if you haven't seen it before, the trailer doesn't do the movie justice at all though. It has a lot of great actors in it as well, Samuel L Jackson, Whoppi Goldberg, Steve Curry, William Shatner and a bunch more.
This scene is from the start of the movie.

Up to the episode in Person of Interest with that Chinese gymnast chick that was stealing stuff for those European criminals, that had her daughter hostage. Will probably have finished season 3 by next week, think I have about 6 episodes left for this season.

Anyone else here watching Game of Thrones? Those last 10 minutes of the last episode was one of the best scenes I've seen on tv so far this year.

mic_data

posted Wednesday, August 09, 2017 9:29:24 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mic_data
Yes, to GOT, epic. With only 3 episodes left and another season left, I'm guessing things won't end well this season. It'll be a happy ending if Missandei gets naked again, tho I don't know how she can get it on with that eunich.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Wednesday, August 09, 2017 9:47:18 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Thanks for all the feedback bros. I'll check out Kick-Ass 2 soon but at least im not going in with unrealistic expectations. I was reading they were going to film a Kick-Ass 3 with the main focus on Hit-Girl but due to Part 2 getting shit reviews and heavily pirated they decided against it.

This fight scene is so dope...

I've seen bits and pieces of Kingsman but never the whole thing. I'll put it on my watch list.

Yo Kallisti Sumo Cyco just announced a New Zealand tour...

some_text

If i remember correctly that POI episode had a nice twist halfway through it. Episode 16 of Season 3 is one of the best episodes of the series. An origin story in a way. Let me know what you think when you get to it.

mic_data

posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:10:16 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for mic_data
Along with POI, I've been watching Star Wars Rebels all summer. I never wanted to watch this or Clone Wars before, but once I got into them- damn they're good.

tippi dink

posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 3:37:59 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i did hear that about millarworld, pretty big news. a lot of possibilities for new series on there... american jesus, chrononauts, superior, etc. there's also that 6 issue miniseries reborn, the final issue of that just came out a couple months ago.

Marvel just released a trailer teasing the next Venomverse comic, will have have Old Man Logan wearing the Venom suit.

again? wolverine was already infected with the symbiote in daniel way's venom run. honestly i'm sick of all these stories where the symbiote bonds with other characters that aren't peter parker, eddie brock, or flash thompson. hulk, thor, punisher, namor, hawkeye, deadpool, gwen stacy (gwenom), guardians of the galaxy.. it's getting ridiculous lol.

clock you should definitely watch kingsman if you liked kick-ass, it's got the same type of over the top violence as kickass and samuel l jackson's character is great. there's this scene in a church that's pure mayhem lol. also let me know what you thought of kick ass 2 whenever you get around to watching it.

that last episode of game of thrones was fantastic. from what i understand the reason this season and the final one have less episodes than the rest is so the budget isn't spread as thin and they can do more with each episode. that whole scene where bronn is using the ballista was dope, if we got a battle like that halfway through the season i can only imagine what the season finale is gonna be like lol.

Kallisti87

posted Thursday, August 10, 2017 11:42:18 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
There was a Punisher Venom? That sounds cool but yeah, they're going overboard with that shit now, lol. Someone was telling me that last episode of Game of Thrones was the shortest one in the series the other day. Not sure if it's true though.

Clock, if I go to that Sumo Cyco show I'd probably go to the Auckland one, this is the other band that would be playing there. Not a band I'd normally listen too.

Wouldn't even care about the Devilskin part even though it's their tour, lol.
Next POI episode is season 3 episode 16 for me. Which twist for episode 14 were you talking about? They thought she'd be the victim, then she turned out to be the thief, then they found out her kid was held hostage by those European criminals and that's why she was stealing shit. Or the twist how the guy after her said there was a trail of bodies everywhere she went but it turned out it was those European guys killing the people and not her.

mic_data, I haven't watched either of those Star Wars shows but I know Clone Wars was done by the same guy that did Samurai Jack, did you see the final season of that which came out this year? It was pretty good. Might checkout Clone Wars sometime, the whole series is just over 2 hours long.

In other recent news, Disney are going to make their own streaming platform coming out next year, so Netflix won't be getting any more Star Wars or Disney movies and shows etc once they have their own service. They did say Netflix will still have the Marvel shows though like Daredevil, yeah Disney owns Marvel. Speaking of, The Defenders is just a week away now.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Friday, August 11, 2017 7:04:39 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Regarding POI i was talking about the twist that she'd be the victim then flipped it to she's the perpetrator only to find out she really was the victim at the end. Let me know what you think of Episode 16.

I watched Kick-Ass 2 last night. While not a terrible movie it was a huge drop off in quality from the first. Yo tippi you were right about it being a high school drama Mean Girls type of subplot. I get they wanted to try to normalize Hit-Girl but the way they went about it was pretty wack. Even the weapon she used to make them shit and puke at the end of that plot was more cheesy then funny. The last half of the movie was better paced starting with Jim Carrey getting killed then Mother Russia fucking up all those cops and the eventual final battle at MotherFuckers lair. But yea even the fight scenes were better in the first. Only dope one was Mother Russia vs Hit-Girl and when Hit-Girl took down all those dudes after they kidnapped Kick-Ass.

Kallisti87

posted Saturday, August 12, 2017 8:03:25 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
Episode 16 was cool, can you imagine if that Dillinger guy was the main character in the show instead? I don't think I'd even want to watch it, lol. Just finished watching episode 19, that one had a good twist, how the guy that was seemingly being antagonized was actually the antagonist. Also how that other guy was in Vigilance and spying on Shaw and Reese and not after the POI of the week as well. Last thing that happened was that Control chick telling someone to shut down the machine, then Root getting excited and running off to do who knows what. Root's easily the best character on the show, if she got her own spin-off it would have been cool.

Yeah, that scene in Kick-Ass 2 where Hit-Girl gets injected with, I think it was adrenaline then fucked up Mother Russia with all those pieces of glass was one of the best parts of that movie. Now that you've finished the Kick-Ass movies you should checkout Kingsman, just make sure you get the uncut version, some copies cut things out, like a certain church scene.

Will be watching the Orphan Black finale tonight, damn that's another good series over. Still I have a lot of other shows I need to get around to starting or finishing as well. Forgot to mention but I've seen 2 or 3 trailer popping up on youtube for the next season of Channel Zero, I never did get around to finishing the first season, maybe one day.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Sunday, August 13, 2017 1:31:59 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
That plot from Episode 19 doesn't ring a bell but that whole Vigilance plot line has a surprising twist if it hasn't already happened. Root and Shaw became my two favorite characters on the show from the second half of season 3 through Season 4, especially when Root talks to the machine. The last two episodes of Season 3 were great. Let me know what you think.

I watched this flick last night...

More psychological thriller than horror. I went in with little expectations and it was surprisingly good for what it was. Run time is only like an hour and fifteen minutes so worth a watch.

I'm going to be checking out Orphan Black finale tonight or tomorrow. You peep it yet?

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Sunday, August 13, 2017 7:41:26 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Watched Orphan Black finale. Without giving too many spoilers yet, i was pleasantly surprised at how the last half hour was more about the sisters bonding then any sort of Neolution conflict or characters dying. It was a satisfying ending that didn't leave it open ended or on a cliffhanger which is despise for series finales.

Yo tippi have you continued watching iZombie? I finished the Omnibus last night. While some of the last few issues felt rushed, it was a good ending. I don't know how many issues into it they were when they found out it got the axe so if it was late in the game it would make sense as to why it felt rushed. The thing is tho that there were at times like 5 different storylines going on in any given issue so that could be overwhelming for some. Id recommend it if you're a fan of the show although there's a shitload of differences.

I'm 4 issues into Deadpool (Volume 1) with the Dead Presidents arc. So far a few times i lol'd irl and the art is fantastic. Still unsure if im feeling the zombie presidents arc but it ends in a couple issues so ill give my final thoughts after. You bros ever read it?

The final Defenders trailer dropped today...

tippi dink

posted Sunday, August 13, 2017 8:49:20 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
yeah i'm not surprised that you didn't like kick ass 2 as much as the first, i don't know anyone who does. interesting to get that perspective from someone who just saw the first one for the first time recently though. sometimes with a sequel that come out years after the previous film you can have unrealistically high expectations and then you're let down since you've been waiting so long. i really just didn't like the humor at all in the second movie, it felt so forced and distasteful. i'll have to watch em both sometime and see if i still feel the same way, i only saw kick ass 2 one time and that was in the theater lol.

i'm slowly making my way through the first season, not really in love with it yet but it's starting to pick up a bit. not sure why it hasn't hooked me yet, i can't really put my finger on it. i think i'm on episode 10. i've never really been into procedurals and i already said before that i'm pretty much over zombies in all media, but it's not bad. i like it enough to keep watching it anyway.

yeah i own and read the first two hardcovers of that run, still need to pick up the others. i agree about the art though, it's great. you should check out the goon by eric powell, that's what i've been reading this week. it's pulpy horror + slapstick comedy, definitely one of the funniest comics i've ever read and the library editions that darkhorse puts out are beautiful. some of the best looking books in my collection

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Sunday, August 13, 2017 9:06:01 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
I would say if by seasons end you're still not hooked then you probably won't dig the second season. The procedural 'brain of the week' is one of the funnest aspects of the show. Some are not as funny as others but it's dope how she really picks up the mannerisms of the person whose brain she's consumed. The Meat Cute/Blaine/Major plot is what i meant by one that played out over the course of the season that ends in a dope cliffhanger.

Once i finish Deadpool and the Nailbiter Volumes 1-10 hardcover im going to cop my next round of comics. Ill take that Goon one into consideration. Still eyeing the Planetary Omnibus.

Kallisti87

posted Sunday, August 13, 2017 10:30:38 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
The POI plot I was talking about was the guy going to his 20 year high school reunion, who's girlfriend had died of a drug overdose on prom night and people blamed him for it. He ended up antagonizing the dead chicks friend that was the one who had given her the drugs that she OD'd on and was going to fake his suicide. Last episode I watched was the one where Finch traded himself for his ex-girlfriend to those Decima guys. Will have finished the third season by the end of the week.
Haven't watched that The Den movie but I remember watching the trailer must have been 2014.
Orphan Black's finale wasn't what I was expecting but it was a nice ending for the series. One of the cool reveals was how Sarah and Helena were actual twins, which explains why they could have children while the rest of the clones on the show couldn't.
When they revealed there were 270 more clones, wasn't expecting that many, the writers said they're open to continuing the series in the future via comics or a movie but they're given the series a break for now. Read that in this interview here http://tvline.com/2017/08/12/orphan-black-recap-series-finale-season-5-episode-10-helena-gives-birth/

The Defenders will be out this Friday for me, so I guess it'll be Thursday for you guys.

tippi, listened to that Dead Cross album yesterday, some of it surprisingly reminded me of System of A Down. Haven't checked out Paradise Lost new album yet but I listened to one of the bonus tracks and thought it was pretty good, turns out it's an older song of theirs from their 1989 album.

tippi dink

posted Monday, August 14, 2017 10:14:28 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
did you watch it weekly from the jump? i think that might be the reason why it hasn't hooked me, those procedural "case of the week" shows can be kind of hard to binge watch. it's pretty funny and i like the characters even though it almost feels like a CW show at times lol. right now i'd give it like a 7/10, but i'm definitely going to finish this season and at least watch the first few episodes of the next season. i have a feeling i'll end up watching every episodes anyway, but it might take me a little while. how different is the comic from the show? is the plot even similar or is the show just loosed based on the comic?

oh right, i forgot you got nailbiter too. i definitely recommend goon though, i'm about halfway through the 3rd library edition after having a ton of people tell me to read it for years. i should have listened to them lol. i also hope you give planetary a shot at some point, but it's definitely one of those books that gets better the more familiar you are with superhero comics and their tropes. it's like a love letter to the medium in a way. you don't really need to get every reference to understand the story but it would definitely make you appreciate the book and what it's doing more.

i only listened to that dead cross album once, still kinda confused by that unimpressive bela lugosi's dead cover that's right in the middle of the album. i might be the only one who feels this way, but that album feels pretty normal compared to the rest of mike patton's stuff, it almost sounds a little forced. idk i'll have to revisit it sometime.

Kallisti87

posted Monday, August 14, 2017 5:01:52 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
Finished Season 3 of Person of Interest last night, the twist that Decima was behind Vigilance was in the season finale. Forgot to mention that part was interesting how Finch is against violence but saying if his ex got hurt he wanted them to kill all of them in that other episode, lol.
Blooper reel for Orphan Black's final season just came out.

New music video for Chelsea Wolfe's 16 Psyche

New tv spot for Kingsman 2 was just posted on youtube

tippi, yeah that Bauhaus cover sounded out of place, what's you favorite Mike Patton project? Outside of his music projects, I thought he was excellent playing the voice of the Darkness in the two video games they made from The Darkness comics.
Check this scene out

You ever read The Darkness comics? I know they had some DC crossovers, like with Batman and Superman but I haven't read any myself.

Just saw he had a crossover with Wolverine as well.

This pic from it looks pretty dope.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Monday, August 14, 2017 9:59:52 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Orphan Black's finale wasn't what I was expecting but it was a nice ending for the series. One of the cool reveals was how Sarah and Helena were actual twins, which explains why they could have children while the rest of the clones on the show couldn't.

Yea i was expecting an epic battle throughout the entirety of the episode. I actually liked the way it ended up tho where the action took place early and last half hour was about the bonding of the sisters. It was nice to have seemingly some closure on what was a fantastic series even if it did have some rocky moments the last couple seasons. She is a tremendous actress and im glad she finally got recognized with the award last year. Wish they would've had Kira's father make a cameo.

Yea that was a dope reveal regarding Decmina being behind the whole thing. That dude Greer is a fucking jerk off but in a good way because his character is doing his job by evoking negative emotion towards him lulz. Samaritan is sickly and plays a big part in the rest of the series. Like i told mic_date, Episode 11 of Season 4 is fucking epic. Let me know when you finally get to it.

did you watch it weekly from the jump? i think that might be the reason why it hasn't hooked me, those procedural "case of the week" shows can be kind of hard to binge watch. it's pretty funny and i like the characters even though it almost feels like a CW show at times lol. right now i'd give it like a 7/10, but i'm definitely going to finish this season and at least watch the first few episodes of the next season. i have a feeling i'll end up watching every episodes anyway, but it might take me a little while. how different is the comic from the show? is the plot even similar or is the show just loosed based on the comic?

The show is very loosely based on the comic. Having finished the Ominibus there are a handful of things taken from the book into the show but they're very few and far between. I binge watched Season 1 on Netflix over the course of a week and watched Season 2 from the jump. Because Season 2 is 19 episodes compared to 13 in Seasons 1 and 3, there are more 'brain of the week' episodes but they always seem to find a way to incorporate the overall seasonal plot/arc into each episode. Curious as to what you think of the season finale.

tippi dink

posted Tuesday, August 15, 2017 12:20:31 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
Mr. Bungle is my favorite Mike Patton project, especially disco volante. that albums blew my mind when i first heard it and there's so many elements from different genres on there.

i haven't read the darkness comics, i tried to but gave up after after the first few issues. i'm not a fan of that art style at all, it's like everything that was wrong with 90's comics in one book lol. the games were fun though from what i remember.

The show is very loosely based on the comic. Having finished the Ominibus there are a handful of things taken from the book into the show but they're very few and far between. I binge watched Season 1 on Netflix over the course of a week and watched Season 2 from the jump. Because Season 2 is 19 episodes compared to 13 in Seasons 1 and 3, there are more 'brain of the week' episodes but they always seem to find a way to incorporate the overall seasonal plot/arc into each episode. Curious as to what you think of the season finale.

yeah that's how it seemed from the little bit of the comic i previewed yesterday. i saw a werewolf on the cover of that omnibus, are there other supernatural creatures other than zombies in the show? i'll probably watch those last few episodes today or tomorrow. i would have yesterday but i ended up watching guardians of the galaxy 2.

i thought it was great, just as good as the first one imo. i was worried when i heard that ego the living planet was going to be in the movie because of how other bigger cosmic marvel characters have been handled in other films (galactus in the second fantastic four movie) but they really pulled it off. some really nice special effects, and the humor was on point for the most part too even though i think the first one was a little funnier, just because it was more fresh, but the movie had a lot of heart to it as well. don't really want to say anything else since i don't think clock has seen it yet, but it's definitely a top 5 marvel film for me.

mic_data

posted Tuesday, August 15, 2017 8:00:37 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mic_data
OB finale was good. i was hoping they left enough room for a good resolution, though the action was a little shorter than I expected. Another good series in the bag tho.

GOT- So much is happening in each episode this season, they're getting as far as half a normal season it seems like, it's good that so much is coming together quickly, but you can tell the pacing has changed.

I'm reading Clean Room Vol. 3, it's getting crazy, I'm wondering if this is going to be a continuing series or stop after 4 or 5 volumes.

I've also returned to Hellblazer, which I read a TPB of every so often, then move onto something else, there's so many! I just wish they had kept Constantine on TV instead of introducing Legends of Tomorrow.

iZombie the comic is way different than the show, just like Lucifer. I fear what would happen if they finally go through with Sandman.

Glad Defenders is only 8 episodes, there's too much coming up this fall and a couple I still have to get through from the summer!

Kallisti87

posted Wednesday, August 16, 2017 4:38:53 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
Mr. Bungle's my fav too, this track from Disco Volante's one of my favorites.

I remember the original The Darkness was an early ps3/xbox 360 game. You ever played Left 4 Dead? Mike Patton voiced most of the zombies on that too.

*GOT SPOILERS AHEAD*
Apparently it's likely Jon Snow is actually a Targaryen, which is why he could pet that dragon and if so he has more of a right to the Iron Throne then Danny does. apparently what Gilly found in those papers hinted at his lineage too.

1 day 22 hours left 'til The Defenders right now. Won't be surprised if I end up binging most of it since it comes out just before the weekend.

Clock, do you know how long Wynonna Earp's first season went between finishing airing and being on Netflix? Looks like there's only 2 episodes left 'til it's finsihed.

mic_data

posted Wednesday, August 16, 2017 7:25:51 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mic_data
Well, Bran knows the truth about John, he saw his birth back in that vision last seaosn.

Kallisti87

posted Wednesday, August 16, 2017 7:50:24 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
mic_data, you know the next episode of Game of Thrones leaked yesterday? It was uploaded to HBO Spain On Demand by accident and someone managed to rip it before they took it down, I grabbed a copy and will be watching it tonight. Forgot about that Bran vision.

Clock, a new trailer for vice Principals just came out.

All times are ET. The time now is 10:50 AM.Post viewed 1717 timesPage: 1 2 3 4
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: