UndergroundHipHop.com 12 Days of Christmas
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (31) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Attn: Kallisti87

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 184 replies
Page: 1 2 3 4
AuthorTopic:  Attn: Kallisti87
Kallisti87

Total Posts: 744
posted Wednesday, August 16, 2017 7:50:24 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
mic_data, you know the next episode of Game of Thrones leaked yesterday? It was uploaded to HBO Spain On Demand by accident and someone managed to rip it before they took it down, I grabbed a copy and will be watching it tonight. Forgot about that Bran vision.

Clock, a new trailer for vice Principals just came out.

Partial IP: 62.144.146

tippi dink

Total Posts: 5123
posted Wednesday, August 16, 2017 7:54:25 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
yeah jon is the son of rhaegar targaryen and lyanna stark

i just watched that leaked episode a few hours ago. fucking. crazy. so many great bro moments and action scenes, and the very last scene actually made me go "oh shit" out loud.

mic_data

Total Posts: 481
posted Wednesday, August 16, 2017 8:38:23 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mic_data
Cool! Found it on the streaming site I usually use, looks like there's not a time stamp stuck to this one- and it's in HD.

Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 37917
posted Wednesday, August 16, 2017 10:19:46 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Clock, do you know how long Wynonna Earp's first season went between finishing airing and being on Netflix? Looks like there's only 2 episodes left 'til it's finsihed.

It took awhile for them to put it on Netflix but Netflix puts things on at different times depending on the country so you might get it sooner. Second season is fucking terrific. Shame there's only couple episodes left.

Anyone on here fuck with The Leftovers? I'm two episodes from the Season 2 finale and that show is really good and bugged out in so many ways.

That Vice Principals trailer is lulz. Only a month away.

Arrow revealed one of their season long Season 6 villains today...

Arrow Season 6 adds Kirk Acevedo as villain Richard Dragon

some_text

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Friday, August 18, 2017 8:57:52 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Anyone peep The Defenders yet? About to check out the first episode. It's gotten mostly favorable reviews so far.

New Punisher teaser dropped...

Partial IP: 73.63.89.4

mic_data

posted Friday, August 18, 2017 9:26:31 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mic_data
Started it today, nice to see all the characters again, especially since you have to wait a couple years between seasons each series, but I'm not really sure where it's going yet. They always have some surprisingly decent hip hop on Luke Cage.

tippi dink

posted Sunday, August 20, 2017 12:02:17 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i just finished defenders last night, and thought it was decent. it suffers from very slow pacing though. i thought the whole point of having these 5 other seasons of netflix marvel shows was to establish the universe and have the characters grow and develop so that when it was time for the "main event" they could really just get into it and not fuck around, but it just felt like more build up without the pay off you'd expect. i was hoping it would be more like the avengers movies and it wasn't, it takes half of the god damn season for all 4 of them to even be in the same place at once lol. it was still pretty good though. the best parts of it to me were jessica jones insulting everyone, danny and luke warming up to each other and kind of giving you an idea of how a heroes for hire show could work, and sigourney weaver's character.

i thought this was supposed to be THE big event, but it still kind of felt like a prelude to something bigger so now i'm wondering how they're going to carry on from here. hopefully there will be a defenders season 2 that'll have better pacing and they'll be able to skip all the recapping and introductions. hopefully punisher will have some part in it too, since that'll be after his own series airs. i know that's supposed to come out in november, but i still hope an exact date is announced soon.

yo clock, i got this variant edition of wytches with a different cover. it was only $3.50 on IST, couldn't help myself lol.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Sunday, August 20, 2017 8:39:11 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Dope ass cover. So everythings the same except the cover? Even so if it's only a few bucks it's worth the purchase.

I've peeped the first two episodes of The Defenders. First episode was meh. Second one picked up little bit with Luke Cage and Iron Fist meeting as well as Murdock and Jessica Jones setting stage for hopefully a dope third episode. A lot more reviews I've read gave it like a B+ rating so basically above average but not mind blowing. That's honestly been the status quo for most of these Marvel shows aside from Daredevil.

Just watched The Leftovers season two finale. That show isn't for everybody but what a great fucking show. Any show that has you invest in the characters instead of having them be one note is great in my book.

I started watching this last night...

Two episodes in and while a couple reveals were predictable the action is fucking great. Any of you bros ever peep it?

Kallisti87

posted Monday, August 21, 2017 5:10:39 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
Saying it takes half of The Defenders season for them all to get together is a bit of an exaggeration, I just watched episodes 2 and 3 last night and they all end up fighting together at the end of episode 3. The first episode wasn't anything special outside of the opening scene and that earthquake or whatever but the other 2 episodes were both better.

Clock, haven't watched Strike Back but it's on my list of shows to watch, it was on the same channel as Banshee and I read it was the best show on that channel next to it.

Speaking of The Leftovers, now that Orphan Black is over I should have enough time to start watching the third season, plus the season's finished so I could binge watch it now too.
You watch any more of the new Rick and Morty yet? That Pickle Rick episode is the best.
Just got up to the part in POI where Finch setup a new base in that abandoned subway station.

About to checkout Blood Wolf's 2015 album, just found this Chelsea Wolfe remix on his channel.

Also, you ever head of jessaudrey? She's one of those artists that make their own beats and do the vocals.

Game of Thrones wise, I knew what would happen when that Night King hit that dragon, the end of the episode was cool. Sucks though that we have to wait longer than normal since we watched the episode early because it leaked, unless the next episode leaks too, lol.

That tvline channel uploaded this deleted scene from Lucifer yesterday.

mic_data

posted Monday, August 21, 2017 7:56:34 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mic_data
Dayumn, I realized what was going to happen when I saw them with the chains in the water, but damn, when waiting for it to open its eye was suspenseful.

tippi dink

posted Monday, August 21, 2017 8:19:52 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
Dope ass cover. So everythings the same except the cover? Even so if it's only a few bucks it's worth the purchase.

the cover is the only thing that's different, well and the fact that it was like 2 dollars cheaper for some reason.

Saying it takes half of The Defenders season for them all to get together is a bit of an exaggeration, I just watched episodes 2 and 3 last night and they all end up fighting together at the end of episode 3.

yeah, the end of the third episode in an eight episode series. they should have all been together at the end of the first episode. plus the ending was very predictable if you know anything about comics, there was no real danger or suspense. i get that it's a tv show and not a huge blockbuster film but god damn was that whole thing underwhelming, probably my least favorite marvel show out of all of them if i'm being honest. too much fighting in the dark and quick cuts too, i think the action in these shows has gotten progressively worse since daredevil season 2. i think this show could have benefited from MORE episodes than the other series, not less. luke cage, daredevil, jessica jones, and iron fists should have been the 8 episode series and defenders should have had 12 or 13, that would solve a lot of the pacing issues imo.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Monday, August 21, 2017 10:16:38 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Finished the third episode last night and while it was a slow burn of sorts to finally get to the last 10 minutes, the fight scene was worth it. I lol'd irl at the exchange between Jessica Jones and Daredevil in regards to him wearing her scarf over his face. Wow tippi that's a bold statement saying it was your least favorite since Iron Fist was pretty fucking bad for the majority of it's season. That third episode in itself is better than almost every one on Iron Fist. Ill watch another episode tomorrow at some point.

Started The Leftovers Season 3 today. Beautiful show. I could see some heads thinking its pretentious but i really, really dig it. Yo Kallisti let me know what you think when/if you start watching it again. I like how they did a flash forward at the beginning of the season. This piano version of Where Is My Mind is perfectly placed in Season 2...

^Think that was in Mr. Robot as well.

Ill grab that alternate Wytches cover next time i place an order.

The Deadpool/Dead Presidents story arc was good but not great. Maybe a 6.5/10. Going to peep the other one in that Volume sometime this week. Still haven't cracked open Nailbiter yet.

Kallisti87

posted Tuesday, August 22, 2017 7:44:46 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
Clock, yeah that Pixies piano cover track was on Mr. Robot first.
This Orphan Black video just came out on youtube.

tippi, you hear DC are making a Joker origin movie? It won't have Jared leto in it either. Todd Phillips who made The Hangover is writing and directing it. It's being co-written by Scott Silver who wrote 8-Mile too. Apparently DC are looking to release a separate imprint of movies outside the DCEU as standalone one off stories with DC characters, so Jared Leto's Joker would unfortunately still appear in future DCEU movies.

Personally don't care but that All Eyez on Me movie should be up for streaming now if anyone's interested.

tippi dink

posted Tuesday, August 22, 2017 8:05:29 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i definitely liked iron fist more, i actually got invested in the plot of that and at least felt like it went somewhere. after i finished defenders i thought "that's it?" and went to do something else lol. if i were to rank the shows and give them a score out of 10 this would be the order:

daredevil s1 - 9.5/10
daredevil s2 - 8.5/10
jessica jones - 8/10
luke cage - 7.5/10
iron fist - 7/10
defenders - 6.5/10

i just saw that kallisti but honestly i have no expectations whatsoever, for any of the dc films at this point. i'm convinced that wonder woman was a fluke, unless they can prove me wrong. it could be cool, but i'm not gonna get my hopes up.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Tuesday, August 22, 2017 8:38:26 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Yo Kallisti i forgot to answer your earlier post. Pickle Rick was fucking amazing. Loved that episode. Haven't peeped any of the other ones that dropped after it.

Only one i haven't seen was Luke Cage but ill give my ranking of the other ones when I'm done. Right now Iron First isn't on the same level as Daredevil and Jessica Jones. That plot dragged a fucking lot. That show should've been 8 episodes.

Came across this dope mash up while fucking around on YouTube earlier...

Yo tippi you finish iZombie?

Here's couple new interviews from SDCC...

tippi dink

posted Tuesday, August 22, 2017 8:57:28 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
man i think ALL of the marvel netflix shows should have been 8 episodes aside from defenders, they all have pacing issues. the number of episodes should depepend on the amount of story they have to tell, not the other way around.

man i forgot all about izombie to be honest, after watching that last episode of game of thrones and seeing defenders. it hasn't even crossed my mind lol. i also watched the "ultimate" version of watchmen for the first time, i've only seen the directors cut before. i was rereading the comic for the first time in years and wanted to see how closely it matched the ultimate cut. it's actually more faithful to the comic than i remember, and the ultimate cut is about 30 minutes longer than the directors cut. they weave the "tales of the black freighter" story in the movie and it's split up just like in the comic.

mic_data

posted Tuesday, August 22, 2017 10:19:35 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mic_data
I just got to ep 3 of Defenders, I thought it was pretty awesome, cus I wasn't expecting them to get together until episode 5, from what I read. I agree though, Luke Cage had it's moments and a good backdrop, but was slow. Most of the others all had points where they dragged too I guess. I think Daredevil season 2 was my favorite so far.

Seme__one

Total Posts: 1287
posted Wednesday, August 23, 2017 12:27:31 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
I totally co-sign Lit Jagger if he has posted itt

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, August 23, 2017 12:32:48 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
I totally co-sign Seme__one if he has posted itt

Kallisti87

posted Wednesday, August 23, 2017 5:05:09 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
That Crystal Castles/Grimes track reminds me, I forgot to mention Alice Glass, CC's old vocalist just released a new EP. Funnily enough the single from it I just checked out sounds pretty Grimesish, will listen to the EP later today.

Clock, I thought tippi was still on season one of iZombie, wouldn't interviews from 2017 be filled with spoilers?

I totally no-sign Lit Jagger if he has posted itt

Oh yeah tippi, don't know if you play video games but Hellboy just got announced as a new character for the Injustice 2 fighting game. Haven't read the Injustice comics but I guess he may make an appearance in there now that hes being added to the game.

Nassau William Senior

Total Posts: 2118
Location: Hot box, handsome on a hill, watchin' night lights stretch. A Los Angeles journalist like Fletch.
posted Wednesday, August 23, 2017 5:19:52 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
I just finished The Night Of...pretty dope but the last episode was kind of a dud.

Went back and read the 88 post with everyone's comments. Seems like everyone agreed that the last episode left you wanting more. Still a great show *Steve Harvey voice*

I would like to offer this amazing show to everyone itt:

Brockmire

It's the funniest show I have seen since Curb. Raw and uncut. It's on IFC (which you can On-Demand the episodes to binge watch). For baseball fans, this is a must see show.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Wednesday, August 23, 2017 9:56:53 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
^I'll have to peep that. I rarely fuck with both comedy shows and movies cause most of what people find funny i find corny. Curb is GOAT. Hope the new season isn't a letdown. Vice Principals is the only comedy show im fucking with right now.

Clock, I thought tippi was still on season one of iZombie, wouldn't interviews from 2017 be filled with spoilers?

Since i said they were new interview i hope he didn't click on them. They started filming Season 4 couple weeks ago. Really, really hoping for a January release date instead of April.

Watched episode 4 of Defenders where they're at the restaurant. Another slow burn which i get cause they finally brought all the characters together. Unless the last four episodes are non stop action then ill understand where tippi is coming from regarding it needing more episodes. While of course you can't throw four strangers together the first episode, the fact that it took four full episodes for them all to be in the know about The Hand and knowing about each other took too long for an only 8 episode season.

Supernatural Season 13 update...

After a dozen seasons of ghosts, monsters, demons, angels, and pie, one would think Supernatural would have a hard time topping it all for Season 13. Fortunately, judging by the titles for the first nine episodes, as revealed by SpoilerTV, it looks like we're in for one hell of a ride once again.

Here's the updated episode list as it stands now:

Episode 13.01 – “Lost and Found”
Episode 13.02 – “The Rising Sun”
Episode 13.03 – “Patience”
Episode 13.04 – “The Big Empty”
Episode 13.05 – “Advanced Thanatology”
Episode 13.06 – “Tombstone”
Episode 13.07 – “War of the Worlds”
Episode 13.08 – “The Scorpion and the Frog”
Episode 13.09 – “The Bad Place”
Episode 13.10 – “Wayward Sisters”
Episode 13.16 – “ScoobyNatural”

Most of us were already in the know about episode 10 as the lead-in to the new sister series, Supernatural: Wayward Sisters. Also, the goofy Scooby-Doo crossover is looking to be one of the most memorable of all the slapstick Supernatural episodes.

That spin off is probably going to suck dick.

tippi dink

posted Thursday, August 24, 2017 3:11:02 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
yeah i knew not to click that izombie interview lol

i saw the new characters that got announced for injustice 2: hellboy, black manta, and raiden. i played the first one a bit but never got super into it, i'm more of a tekken/soul calibur/marvel vs capcom 2 kinda guy. hellboy was originally pitched to DC and they rejected it, i guess because it involved hell. there was a two issue crossover miniseries with batman, hellboy, and starman in the late 90's though, mike mignola did the art and it was pretty dope to see batman drawn in that style.

While of course you can't throw four strangers together the first episode

i don't agree with this at all. luke and jessica already knew each other, stick knew who iron fist and daredevil were, and claire knew all of them. they easily could have found a way to have at least 3 of them be in the same place at once in the first or second episode. they could have had the fight with danny and luke be in the first episode, and have jessica and matt meet up, then in the 2nd episode have them all meet. even if they did it that way, the series still should have been at least 10 episodes.

my order from IST that arrived yesterday

been looking forward to reading some of these for a while, especially enigma, annihilator, and 20th century boys. enima is by peter milligan, who also wrote x-statix.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Thursday, August 24, 2017 8:20:22 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
It would've felt too forced if they had them all meet in the first episode. I agree that by the second one tho, they should've all come together, had their brawl with the Hand henchmen, and either later that episode or episode 3 do their little dinner routine. I get Black Sky seems to the other main co-villain of the series but they could've cut 20-30 minutes of that storyline between the first four episodes. Gonna watch episode 5 sometime tonight.

And tippi the disrespect is real at how i thought you were on an iZombie binge and then you just ghost it for all these other episodes? That's fucked up bruh...

Yo Kallisiti how was the solo album by that former CC chick? Ill have to peep it sometime this weekend.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:14:19 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
New teaser scene...

What you guys think of Season 2? In the process of rewatching it.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Thursday, August 24, 2017 9:16:01 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Also new Channel Zero promo...

Season 1 was pretty meh.

mic_data

posted Thursday, August 24, 2017 10:32:32 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mic_data
I liked both seasons of Mr. Robot. I guess everyone on the net had figured out what was going on in season 2 early on, so when that big reveal came everyone thought it was lame, but it took me by surprise, and I was even like now some things make sense. My wife didn't get it, ha. I thought it was strange they left Tyrel out of a whole season tho, but aside from his mental problems and all the illusory stuff going on with him, I like the hacking and all overall fsociety story and everything else as well.

I think I need to watch season 2 again tho. What do you think after watching it again? I kind of forget how it ended too.

Kallisti87

posted Friday, August 25, 2017 5:08:52 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
"Most of us were already in the know about episode 10 as the lead-in to the new sister series, Supernatural: Wayward Sisters." What the fuck are they talking about? It sounds garbage by the name alone and they probably would have been better off doing that other spinoff with the monster families in Chicago or whatever it was.

tippi, you played Tekken 7 yet? Geese Howard is going to be one of the dlc characters. Now Tekken 7 has been released I hope Namco Bandai have a team making a new Soul Calibur. I remember last year they had a video on youtube celebrating its 20th anniversary but then there was not even a hint at a new one on the way, making me think what was the point of it.
You seen the lineup for the new Marvel vs Capcom? Only 6 new characters total on the base roster, no Marvel characters Fox have movie rights to, even though they're allowed to put them in the game e.g. no X-Men or Dr. Doom etc, it just looks sad. I'd rather buy MvsC 2 again for my PS4 then buy that mess. Then there's characters you have to pay extra for like Ant-Man and Black Panther etc.
Have you seen Dragon Ball FighterZ? It looks like a better MvsC game then MvsC: Infinite does, lol. It's a 3 vs 3 fighter, the new Mvs is back to two fighters.

Oh yeah, I guess you've probably heard but the final Edge of Venomverse comic is going to have Deadpool wearing the Venom symbiote again.

Wasn't feeling that first track from the Alice Glass EP when I listened to it so wasn't expecting much but I actually enjoyed it. This is the second track from it. Even ended up liking the first track now after a few listens.

New Chelsea Wolfe track. Looking forward to the album.

That Mr. Robot tease was cool but the season doesn't start 'til October right?

Clock, I saw the first season of The Good Place is getting added to to Netflix next month, and the second season will be uploaded weekly starting sometime next month as well. It has Kristen Bell and Ted Danson in it. If you decide to watch it avoid looking it up on the internet to avoid spoilers but some of the twists in it were pretty good.

About to watch episode 7 of The Defenders, will probably finish the series tomorrow.

tippi dink

posted Friday, August 25, 2017 12:17:49 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
lol my bad clock, i knew going into this it was going to be something i watched over time though. like i said i'm just so sick of zombies at this point, it's been kinda hard for me to really get invested in it. gonna try to finish season 1 this weekend though.

tekken 7 is great, was much needed after the disappointment that was street fighter V. i only really play fighting games casually these days but i still watch all the fighting game tournaments and watch aris (avoidingthepuddle) stream. i was super into fighting games from about 2003 to 2010 though, especially soul calibur 2 & 3, tekken tag, and tekken 5. used to get together with a bunch of friends every weekend and we'd order pizza and play fighting games from noon to midnight lol. good times. in soul calibur i main mitsurugi, voldo, siegfried (or nightmare in 2), and yoshimitsu. in tekken i play kazuya, king, yoshi, and anna.

mvc infinite looks like hot garbage and the characters are atrocious looking. i have zero interest in it, it's not even a mvc game without the staple x-men characters like magneto, storm, wolverine, sentinel. that new dbz fighting game looks dope though, me and my friends were so hyped when that first got announced especially since we all thought xenoverse was disappointing. i never even bothered trying the second one. i grew up playing the dbz and gundam fighting games on ps1/ps2 loved budokai 3 and tenkaichi 3.

the only other games i've played this year aside from tekken are overwatch, path of exile, breath of the wild, nier automata, persona 5, nioh, and that crash bandicoot 1-3 remake. i also go back to the dark souls games regularly. lawbreakers looks like it might be cool too, gonna check that out when it's released.

i don't want to hear ANYTHING about the venom symbiote, lol. the comic book from the big two i'm most excited about right now is mister miracle by tom king. the first issue was sooooooooo good, people are speculating that it's gonna be the next classic on the same level as dark knight returns and watchmen. tom king is one of my favorite writers out there right now, everything he's done so far has been gold... omega men, grayson, vision, sheriff of babylon. his batman run is great too so far, but i've only read the first trade.

i liked both seasons of mr robot a lot, i never really heard any complains about season 2 though. is the consensus that it's not as good as the first season? i should probably retwatch that soon too before season 3 starts. i need to rewatch that first season of westworld too, i think that show would be even better if i watched it all at once instead of week to week.

Kallisti87

posted Friday, August 25, 2017 6:52:57 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
Yeah, Street fighter V was a huge disappointment, launching with no story mode, no arcade mode and only 16 characters.
Been a fan of Tekken since playing Tekken 2 at a friends house back in the days. Used to like choosing Kazuya and Devil in Tag Tournament because he just transformed instead of switching, during fights. Still main Kazuya in Tekken now and main Cervantes in Soul Calibur. Bought Soul Calibur II HD for my PS3 earlier this year, it came with Heihachi from the PS2 version and Spawn from the Xbox version.
You ever played the Def Jam fighters from the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox era? I still have my copy of Fight for NY, one of my fav fighting games of all time, especially for the no holds barred Free-For-Alls. Even have a multi-tap to plug in 4 controllers at the same time.
Was surprised Tekken 7's arcade mode is only 5 stages long this time and can't say I'm not disappointed the "brand new game mode" they advertised for the season pass is the third time we're getting Tekken Bowl (not including the mobile phone version) but other than that I'm happy with it.
You ever played the Guilty Gear games on the PS4? It's from the same people making the new Dragon Ball game, it looks pretty sweet. I remember there was a demo for people that preordered Revelator that had more content than Street fighter V when it came out, lol.

Been wanting to pick up a copy of Nier: Automata some time, the demo was pretty good. That Horizon Zero Dawn game is worth checking out, I'd say Horizon and Persona 5 are the two games most likely to win PS4 game of the year. HZD is a pos apocalyptic open-world game featuring robot dinosaurs, what more could you want? lol

LawBreakears has been available since the 8th this month, heard the server numbers aren't that great though.
If you ever played Sonic back in the day, that new game Sonic Mania is pretty awesome, I think Sonic 2 was one of the first console games I ever played.
Picked up the new Uncharted this week, came with a code for the original Jak and Daxter for PS4. Think Jak and Daxter was the first game I found every collectible on.

Just got one more episode of The Defenders to go now.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Sunday, August 27, 2017 5:25:53 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Just an FYI that this thread gonna reach it's bump limit in a day or two.

New Black Mirror trailer for upcoming season just dropped...

Partial IP: 73.63.89.4

tippi dink

posted Monday, August 28, 2017 11:03:24 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
yeah so many people bought street fighter v despite knowing about all of the features it DIDN'T have since they promised that those features would be added in the near future, and somehow the game just got worse over time. it took like 5 months for that story mode to be added. i didn't love street fighter iv but i would rather play that any day.

tekken 2 was the first tekken game i played as well, probably when i was 6 or 7 years old. there's a photo of me watching my brother play mortal kombat when i was a kid, and i must have been 3 or 4 at the time so that explains a lot lol. i've always been more into 3d fighters than 2d though, in tekken 2 i really liked king, yoshimitsu, and roger/alex. always gravitated towards the weirder characters with unpredictable fighting styles or the ones that are more animalistic. i think the first actual fighting game i actually played though was virtua fighter 2 on sega genesis.

i loved the def jam games, i'd always play ghostface or DMX. i wish they would bring those back, but with a bigger variety of rappers. needs some more eccentric characters like quasimoto, DOOM, captain murphy, and dr. octagon lol.

i was pretty bummed that the new mode is tekken bowl, but that's just because it's not tekken force. that's probably my favorite minigame/mode in any fighting game. i liked the story mode in soul calibur 3 a lot too, the one that was kinda like fire emblem. i haven't played any of the new guilty gear games, the last one i played was XX accent core plus on the ps2 and that was like 7 years ago. love the characters in that game, baiken's my girl and venom and justice are both dope too. i'm a big fan of the darkstalkers games as well, that's easily my favorite 2d fighter aside from mvc2.

tippi dink

posted Monday, August 28, 2017 11:04:40 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
nier automata is fantastic, i loved the first game but it was so difficult to get people to try it because the graphics weren't the greatest and the combat wasn't anything special compared to some of the other action games at the time like devil may cry or bayonetta. the story, characters, and music in that game were all top notch though. nier and nier automata have two of the best soundtracks out of any game ever. they really fixed the combat in automata though, since it was developed by platinum which is the same studio that made the bayonetta games. that's my favorite game so far this year, with persona 5 not too far behind it.

i actually got horizon zero dawn when it first came out but haven't played it yet, i was sold on it immediately as soon as i found out it had robots/robot dinosaurs. that's my childhood right there... beast wars, zoids, power rangers, dino-riders, transformers, gundam. the jak and daxter games were tight, i only played the first two though. didn't love the second one at the time though because it took such a weird tonal shift, wasn't what i was expecting at all. the first games i ever did everything in were the spyro the dragon and crash bandicoot games on ps1. now that crash bandicoot has gotten a successful remake i hope the same will be done for the first 3 spyro games.

i completely forgot about black mirror, that trailer was great. metalhead and hang the dj are the ones i'm most excited about out of all of those based on the clips in the trailer. since we don't have a release date i'm not expecting it to come out this year, but hopefully it'll be early next year.

finally finished season 1 of izombie, didn't love it but i didn't hate it either. i like it just enough to continue watching it but i'm just not that invested in it for some reason. i don't really care about any of the characters that much, and that larger story arcjust moved along sooo slowly. the show has it's moments though, i'd give the first season maybe a 7/10. hopefully it gets better.

Kallisti87

posted Monday, August 28, 2017 10:28:02 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Kallisti87
So we're about 10-12 months away from another season of Game of Thrones again, series ended on an epic cliffhanger. That scene with Sansa and Arya was pretty dope.

Aren't the Nier games a spin off from a certain ending from a certain Drakengard game? If I see a copy of the first game at a decent price I'll probably pick it up.
Got Darkstalkers: Ressurection as one of the PS Plus games of the month this year on the PS3, has the first and 3rd one I think. Been wanting a new version of the game for awhile but after seeing the way they handled SFV and now the new Marvel vs, I think they'd probably fuck it up. Speaking of fighters that move strange, you must be a fan of that weirdo Voldo in SC, haha.
Ended up playing Jak & Daxter on the PS4 this weekend, still just as awesome as the first time I played it. Yeah, I remember the tonal shift on the sequel was pretty strange as well, plus it seemed like they were trying to be Grand Theft Auto too. Jak II is supposed to be one of the hardest games on the PS2 but I clocked it, never finished the third one though.
I actually got the platinum trophy for HZD months ago but then they updated the game and now there's two more trophies.
The expansion comes out at the end of this year.

New trailer for Vice Principals and a teaser trailer for The Punisher

Clock, I just got up to the part on POI when he's seeing that therapist. She's the same actor that was the redhead chick in Outcast. The new Rick and Morty yesterday was pretty funny. So Wynonna Earp's second season's over, hopefully it gets uploaded to Netflix soon. If it isn't there after a couple weeks I'll watch it elsewhere.

Any of you watched that new Live Action version of the Tick? It's been getting good ratings, watched the first episode last night after the Game of Thrones finale.

All times are ET. The time now is 12:05 PM.Post viewed 1718 timesPage: 1 2 3 4
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: