Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (62) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Wu-tang Clan – Lesson Learn’d (feat. Inspektah Deck, Redman)- Its Dope

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 8 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Wu-tang Clan – Lesson Learn’d (feat. Inspektah Deck, Redman)- Its Dope
no mask

Total Posts: 7077
posted Friday, September 22, 2017 7:51:32 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask

Partial IP: 62.144.146

no mask

Total Posts: 7077
posted Friday, September 22, 2017 7:56:59 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
wold have just put this in the wu album thread but saw the album info after i posted this.

soy_titooo

Total Posts: 97
posted Friday, September 22, 2017 2:16:26 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for soy_titooo
I totally agree with this line from tippi dink and basically with all his comments till now in this thread:
"i love boom bap, when it's at it's absolute best which requires both the mc and the beat to be on point. otherwise it does end up sounding very dated and derivative"

Personally I think that there is a lot of good boom bap rap music. A lot of good producers, some of them are technically perfect (i.e: Phoniks), and a lot of decent mc's. But doing good boombap rap music isn't so soi difficult, what is actually difficult is doing boom bap in 2017 and being able to impress.

soy_titooo

Total Posts: 97
posted Friday, September 22, 2017 2:48:27 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for soy_titooo
Obviously my previous comment wasn't supposed to be on this thread. It's so good that we have an Edit button in this forum...

Tadow

Total Posts: 474
posted Friday, September 22, 2017 5:37:16 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Tadow
this is ill..kinda. Redman did his thing but Deck ripped his spot. the beat fuckin knocks too which i always can appreciate. hook was weak though and there was way more chit chatting then rapping on a three and a half minute track. could've used another Deck verse maybe

anti-stunna

Total Posts: 221
posted Friday, September 22, 2017 11:14:17 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for anti-stunna
Deck sounded young again!

wicked 22.2

Total Posts: 2424
posted Saturday, September 23, 2017 5:39:01 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for wicked 22.2   Click Here to Email wicked 22.2
Oh man these guys sound great

Dyme Secta

Total Posts: 82
posted Saturday, September 23, 2017 1:07:59 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Dyme Secta
Mathematics Production

The kick, drum pattern, and bass line from the beginning, thump. A nice mellow vocal sample compliments the eerie lo fidelity melody.
Subtle strings tie it together. Certain parts of the song I feel. Other parts not as much. That's okay. These are the bars that stood out most on the fourth listen.

Inspecktah Deck Verse Quotable

Painting the truth. Here's proof aint it the truth? So ill a n*gga spit with a containment suit. Slaying the booth aim shoot bang cave in the roof. Hater wouldn't last a day in my shoes.

Redman Verse Quotable

Throw your hands up lets tear the bar up. so much bud I started sweating cigar guts. And these white folks love me like a Starbucks. Fuck with one dude you gotta fuck with all of us.

Overall 6.5 out of 10

Links for the instrumental will be nice. This beat would be dope to write a post to. Decent work. What lyrics and parts of the beat stood out to you if any?

Later.

-dymesecta

wicked 22.2

Total Posts: 2424
posted Saturday, September 23, 2017 1:49:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for wicked 22.2   Click Here to Email wicked 22.2
Oh that's not how we do reviews here. Just say if it's daffy or not and then k.i.m.

All times are ET. The time now is 5:08 PM.Post viewed 510 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: