Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (15) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Doom/adult Swim Series Over

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 29 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Doom/adult Swim Series Over
rsenist

Total Posts: 1
posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:08:54 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for rsenist
I guess it's done:
https://massappeal.com/mf-doom-missing-notebook-rhymes-cancelled/

Partial IP: 62.144.146

eseph84

Total Posts: 5721
Location: Cleveland www,es1koosh,bandcamp,com www,soundcloud,com/essential1 eseph84 on discogs
posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:12:56 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
thats wack

tippi dink

Total Posts: 4457
posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:21:25 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
it sucks that they didn't deliver on their promise, but i can't say i'm really that surprised or disappointed. only like 2 of the tracks released so far were actually new, one of them was literally just a track off JJ DOOM except slightly changed. i wonder if that's the reason they ended their relationship with DOOM, because they realized that what they were given wasn't actually new or unheard. i have a feeling that if we had gotten all 15 tracks it would have just ended up being really underwhelming anyway.

no mask

Total Posts: 7096
posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:26:52 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
doom been done...

... for like a decade now.

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:36:39 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i don't agree with that no mask, i liked JJ DOOM a lot but that was the last time i was really impressed by anything he did. honestly ot interested in hearing actual new, recently recorded music from him but i wish we would get some of the projects like DOOMSTARKS or madvillainy 2 that were supposed to be finished already.

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:54:55 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
actually, i think this MIGHT be adult swim and DOOM fucking with us. people have pointed out that if you go to the cached version of the website by googling it, you can see that today's track would have been "DOOM FEAT. JASON MARCO - It’s All a Lie". jason marco is the VP and creative director at adult swim, and is the person in charge of the singles program. coincidence that it would be canceled on the day that particular track would be released? i really think we're being trolled here.

dj rolo

Total Posts: 2753
posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 10:11:31 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
no suprise, coulda called it myself...but like i said ain't nobody checkin for DOOM anymore, and i'm a huge fan of his, but his days are long past real talk

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

Total Posts: 2071
posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 10:16:05 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
^^^hmm, ru hatin?

mf doom fathered jerkoff like mach hommy

Partial IP: 43.230.209

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 10:16:33 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
*jerkoffs
correction

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 10:18:14 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
its long gone cuz of dooms actions. if he wanted to he could totally drop that flylo collab everyone is edging ther cocks for and be a super star again. its a shame. hes a for real piece of shit and i still love his music. the villain stuff is dedication but totally ridiculous.

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 10:36:55 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
DOOM fathered/influenced a ton of artists, that doesn't mean his recent output hasn't been lackluster and uninspired to say the least. he's one of my favorite artists, and has had probably the best 3-4 year run in music EVER between 2002-2005, but i've come to grips with the fact that shit hasn't been the same ever since he got banned from the US. it's just frustrating because you know he's got a ton of unreleased material sitting in the vaults from projects that were announced 10+ years ago. then whenever you see videos of him now he's on a boat in the middle of nowhere (probably latveria, the fictional nation dr. doom rules in the marvel comics) having the time of his life lol.

of course new KMD album might be cool, especially if it's older material, and he might have some good verses of that westside DOOM album but what i really want to hear is all that other shit from before he started heavily slurring his words. i think once he got stuck in the UK he started drinking more, i guess excessive drinking and being a high-functioning alcoholic is really common over here. i think DOOM has mentioned that as being one of the things he loves about the uk. it's unfortunate.

no mask

posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 11:52:49 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^maybe not a decade tippi but at least 8 years. "born like this" was the last one i liked. JJdoom is dope but hes been so inconsistent and m.i.a.. new single series was lackluster to me. not dissing the important legend to clarify. he should leave the KMD thing alone unless its just old authentic real KMD from the early 90's he wants to release.

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 12:29:47 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
this new singles series was disappointing to me too, because the tracks weren't even new, they were mostly tracks and verses that had been floating around on the internet for years. not saying that actual new music would have been better, but it's still lame for them to lead everyone on and give the impression that it's all stuff that's unheard/unreleased. that track from last week or a week before that was just a slightly remixed track off the JJ DOOM album was the nail in coffin lol.

no mask

posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 12:46:27 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^im sick of all the antics like teasing people with releases then not dropping, using old verses, the whole live show/not real doom behind mask scandal ,all the over the top merch, gimmicky collab albums etc.

doom needs to do a proper solo album with raw beats. basically pick up where "born like this" left off.

dj rolo

posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 12:49:31 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
^i basically just said what these cats did, Alfredo, how come you ain't call them haters? so if i say it, it's "hatin", anyone else it's cool

...now tell me who the hater is

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 12:55:11 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
rolo i think he was joking/taking the piss because you're always calling everyone else haters lol.

no mask - i agree with most of those criticisms, not sure what you mean by over the top merch or gimmicky collab albums though, his collabs are some of his best albums imo. i don't think nehruvian doom was bad because it was gimmicky, i just don't think it was a very good album.

the thing is, even if he tried to make a straightforward album similar to born like this, it wouldn't nearly as good. he's just not as good at rapping anymore, i don't even know if he's got it in him these days. his run from 1999-2009 is one of the best ever in all of music though imo.

Seme__one

Total Posts: 1192
posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 1:38:12 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
rolo hatin' itt smh*

SC1989

Total Posts: 1530
posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 2:19:35 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for SC1989
Kool Keith fathered/influenced a ton of artists, that doesn't mean his recent output hasn't been lackluster and uninspired to say the least. he's one of my favorite artists, and has had probably the best 15 plus year run in music EVER between 1988-2004 but i've come to grips with the fact that shit hasn't been the same ever since. it's just frustrating because you know he's got a ton of unreleased material sitting in the vaults from projects that were announced 10+ years .

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 2:23:16 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i don't think kool keith has dropped a great album since 2000 lol, it's all been downhill since matthew.

no mask

posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 2:27:51 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
doom just overly milking the merch thing for years while dropping no dope albums. pretty tacky with all the merch.

doomstarks, new kmd?, westsidedoom etc. all gimmicky to me- relying on other artists to get attention, help hold down an album etc.

i agree he hasnt been rapping near his old potential for years.

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 2:31:16 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
how are madvillainy and the mouse and the mask not gimmicky though? mouse and the mask is one of my favorite DOOM albums and that's about as gimmicky as you can get. hell, the DOOM mask/persona is a gimmick to begin with lol.

soy_titooo

Total Posts: 97
posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 2:56:46 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for soy_titooo
DOOM has been trolling the fans for at lea 5 years. Some of the stuff he released was average (JJ Doom) and some was simply wack.

As tippi said since he's been living in UK he didn't release anything great really, so I don't know if it's some kind of addiction to pints, ales or just the lack of sun that he is facing in London but his music sucks is average at best since few years ago and I honestly don't expect it to get better again/

I just hope he does Ghostface a favor and he doesn't release a Ghost-Doom album because that could be the biggest disappointment ever

es-ug

Total Posts: 159
posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 3:21:04 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for es-ug
i hurd doom is gonna re-release his entire catalog again with extra added features then tease u honkeys again about releasing new music

this is the same piece of shit that sent a doombot imposter to perform live u think he gives a shit about pleasing a fucking fan??? nope is a lazy ass slob

Partial IP: 148.208.25

wicked 22.2

Total Posts: 2424
posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 3:57:45 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for wicked 22.2   Click Here to Email wicked 22.2
DAG NABBIT!

dj rolo

posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 6:28:52 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
tippi, i'm sure Alfredo can answer for himself

but yo, i agree with everything everyone just said^^ even agree with no mask, which is rare, but i'm the hater lol, y'all be killin me

dR.proF

Total Posts: 5597
posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 6:38:29 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dR.proF   Click Here to Email dR.proF
I'd again like to take this opportunity to say that I don't give a shit what doom does until he raps over the madvillain 2 beats that madlib already sent him

Loewi

Total Posts: 4356
posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 8:22:50 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Loewi
Very disappointing. I hope those projects will still come out

ICHIBANHASHFACE

Total Posts: 9
posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:32:11 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for ICHIBANHASHFACE
I RESPECT MF DOOM AND HOPE IT ALL WORKS OUT IN A POSITIVE DIRECTION FOR HIM

Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 37389
posted Wednesday, September 27, 2017 9:46:03 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
DOOM trolling for sure.

Seme__one

Total Posts: 1192
posted Thursday, September 28, 2017 4:11:43 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
Adult Swim Cuts Ties With DOOM, Deletes The Missing Notebook Rhymes

“The remaining Missing Notebook Rhymes will unfortunately have to remain... missing”DOOM’s Adult Swim singles series The Missing Notebook Rhymes has vanished from the internet. In a statement to Mass Appeal, an Adult Swim spokesperson said the network has ended its relationship with the rapper, cutting short the weekly trickle of new tracks that had been scheduled to continue until November 13: “Thus, the remaining Missing Notebook Rhymes will unfortunately have to remain…missing.” On Twitter, Adult Swim’s Jason DeMarco seemingly acknowledged the news and wrote, “😔;;.” A representative for DOOM confirmed the report to Pitchfork. Adult Swim reps declined to comment.

Releases in the series had included music with Kool Keith, Sean Price (“Negus, Jay Electronica, the Alchemist, and a song under his alter ego Viktor Vaughn.

All times are ET. The time now is 5:52 AM.Post viewed 639 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: