UndergroundHipHop.com 12 Days of Christmas
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (37) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
I Don't See Anyone Here Ever Mention This Artist Or New Album...

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 15 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  I Don't See Anyone Here Ever Mention This Artist Or New Album...
hh

Total Posts: 9481
Location: MARKETING RESEARCH SHOWS THAT DUMB PEOPLE ONLY LOVE WHAT THEY THINK IS RIDICULE-SAFE
posted Wednesday, November 29, 2017 2:52:03 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for hh
CyHi

Not someone I'd ever think I'd like based on association but after listening to his material, probably one of the best writers in hiphop to come out in years.

He's been working on releasing an official album for years and finally did last week and I see no mention of him here ever. Is he just not on anyone's radar or people not into it?

I don't know but dude is a monster on the mic to me. What do you think?

Partial IP: 224.194.89

eseph84

Total Posts: 6054
posted Wednesday, November 29, 2017 2:56:52 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
not here, but people been talking about this and saying its good.

another name i see people really buzzing bout is joyner lucas for that new im not racist track or whatever.

anyways back to cyhi, dude kinda fell off the radar, I remember 5 years ago they were saying he'd be the next big thing. well good to see he took his time and did it right from the sounds of it. i'ma check this out

tippi dink

Total Posts: 5149
posted Wednesday, November 29, 2017 2:57:44 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
he's alright to me, i think he's a pretty good rapper but i don't really feel too strongly either way about him. i thought his new album was alright, it had some good ideas but i felt like basically every song on there could have been half as long as they actually were. it was just bloated and all over the place imo.

hh

Location: MARKETING RESEARCH SHOWS THAT DUMB PEOPLE ONLY LOVE WHAT THEY THINK IS RIDICULE-SAFE
posted Wednesday, November 29, 2017 3:00:16 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for hh
I was hoping to be more blown away by the album after all the hype but I haven't really listened to the whole thing enough to let it all sink in either. Whatever the case, his writing is excellent, imo. He's got so many lines that are ridiculously good.

LEX718

Total Posts: 689
posted Wednesday, November 29, 2017 4:20:35 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for LEX718
^ I feel the same. There are some very strong tracks on the album but as a whole I wasn't really that moved by it. My expectations were inflated. I had hear Nu Africa earlier in the year and that had me thinking this was gonna be special when I saw the buzz it was building.

Total Posts: 16706
posted Wednesday, November 29, 2017 4:32:47 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
don't believe the hype.

hh

posted Wednesday, November 29, 2017 4:48:33 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for hh
Haha, I don't go along with any hype or really keep up with any news. This is just an artist I heard while hanging out with some friends not too long ago. I knew nothing about him other than he was spitting better than anyone else I've heard in a while. I had no idea what his connections were until I looked it up and again, not someone I would typically ever pay attention to. It was his pure skills that caught my attention so I've been trying to pay attention to what he's doing since. Just surprised I don't see him mentioned here because people here usually cover the whole spectrum.

posted Wednesday, November 29, 2017 4:50:07 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
it's pretty slow on this forum lately. a lot of stuff gets missed.

i ain't fucking with those OP tracks, tbh. to each his own.

hh

posted Wednesday, November 29, 2017 5:04:45 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for hh
I guess so...I don't check this place often anymore but whenever I get a chance since I still think there is a core group here that has good input.

Not feeling the tracks in the OP? NBD, as you say, each their own but I do think this guy has some undeniable skills that I don't hear from too many others coming out in the last 10 years or so. Who's better? Seriously curious. From what I've heard, I like C0$$, Jonwayne and maybe a few others but that's pretty much it.

What about this track:

That's the one that caught my attention.

s-agent

Total Posts: 3778
posted Wednesday, November 29, 2017 5:05:18 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for s-agent
I thought the album was solid. Stand out tracks for me were Amen (Intro) and Get Yo Money. Nu-Africa, 80's Baby, and God Bless Your Heart are worth mentioning too.

posted Wednesday, November 29, 2017 5:13:08 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
yeah, i can dig that track, hh. that one's definitely nice.

have you heard crimeapple? he's one of the better new guys, imo:

he's put out three EPs in the last few months, and a number of singles. i've been compiling the best tracks from the bunch this week, and will probably share it with the forum right away. i don't like every track this guy does, but, when he gets a good beat to work with, he can go in.

posted Wednesday, November 29, 2017 5:18:05 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
also, mach-hommy's super inconsistent, but he's got some great tracks, as well.

posted Wednesday, November 29, 2017 6:02:35 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
just gave that napoleon another listen. yeah, that track's real nice. okay, i'm convinced, lol. i got to look more into this guy's stuff. maybe make a comp of the stuff i'm fucking with by him.

hh

posted Wednesday, November 29, 2017 6:07:47 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for hh
Haha yeah 88...his shit hits you the more you listen to it. He's really clever with the lyrics.

Thanks for posting the other two, I haven't paid attention to either of them. They both sound pretty good and typical of shit I would have been bumping 15 years ago. Mach-Hommy seems to have a bit more swagger that I like. Thing is, neither stand out as special to me...both sound good but they don't give me that "oh shit!" vibe that CyHi does.

s-agent...sounds about in line with what I think are the standouts of the album too. Good shit!

Loewi

Total Posts: 4500
posted Wednesday, November 29, 2017 7:13:30 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Loewi
Hh, Mach-Hommy's lyricism is really subtle. You have to listen carefully because he implies shit you normally don't think twice about because it sounds like casual everyday dialogue or standard thug rap when it really isn't

Check out this review:

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/mach-hommy-fete-des-morts-aka-dia-de-los-muertos-ep/

hh

posted Wednesday, November 29, 2017 7:18:04 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for hh
Thanks Loewi, I'll check that review out but I definitely noticed the nuances in his lyrics, which is part of why I said I like his swagger more than the other guy 88 mentioned.

Good stuff here! I've been listening to a bunch of CyHi shit recently and the guy is the real deal to me.

All times are ET. The time now is 7:49 PM.Post viewed 306 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: