UndergroundHipHop.com 12 Days of Christmas
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (60) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Jamo Gang (el Gant, Ras Kass, J57)

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 4 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Jamo Gang (el Gant, Ras Kass, J57)
Greg_h._Valentine

Total Posts: 3208
posted Wednesday, January 10, 2018 2:51:38 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Greg_h._Valentine
Shit is dope. Like El Giant, Ras Kass is hit or miss but mostly hit for me and J57 dope producer. They got a track up and it’s ill. Will definitely check for this.

JAMO GANG (RAS KASS, EL GANT, J57) AND BIG TWINS AREN’T PLAYING ON “HERE WE GO AGAIN”
Wack rappers better run for the hills

Travel back to October of 2015 with me, briefly. Ras Kass and El Gant have a fresh batch of J57 beats and they’re going in, in the studio. By early 2016, an album involving all three of them became the next play. Now in 2017, the album is ready with heavy support from the gawd, DJ Premier. Christened as Jamo Gang, their first single “Here We Go” features Mobb Deep affiliate Big Twins on the hook.

J57 creates an ominous beat that imitates the nervous wreck you could become if you tried to walk through the streets these guys grew up on. El Gant and Ras share bars on the neighborhood they’ve been in which most couldn’t stomach as well as making their own way through the treacherous game of hip-hop.

Big Twins and Ras Kass had the following to say about the track via email:

Big Twins:
“Got a call Ras Kass about getting on a song. When I got the J57 beat & heard the verses, I knew it was a classic.”

Ras Kass:
“The beat was so grimy it just put me in a real spazz mode as far as how I wanted to write it. El Gant always brings it so I knew all we needed was some extra-grimy QB sprinkled in. My brother Big Twins did that!”

Look out for the Jamo Gang album later this year. You can also expect two albums from El Gant (one produced by Premier and the other by J57).

Partial IP: 224.194.89

NightRider

Total Posts: 673
posted Wednesday, January 10, 2018 3:25:46 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for NightRider
Been waiting patiently on this...

The trio’s self-titled EP lands on January 30.

The first release off the forthcoming 8-track project is “All Eyes On Us” featuring Brown Bag All-Stars’ DeeJay Element. Jamo Gang also includes contributions from Big Twins, Shabaam Sahdeeq, and Snak the Ripper as well as a bonus track with DJ Premier.

LEX718

Total Posts: 1639
posted Wednesday, January 10, 2018 4:04:08 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for LEX718
Looking forward on this. J57 is the homie.

Blanco

Total Posts: 2369
posted Wednesday, January 10, 2018 4:57:28 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Blanco
El Gant album produced by Premier - yeah right... please, lol

LEX718

Total Posts: 1639
posted Wednesday, January 10, 2018 5:33:20 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for LEX718
I wouldn't be surprised. El Gant runs a restaurant in LES that Premier pops up at every now and then.

All times are ET. The time now is 4:17 PM.Post viewed 696 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: