Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (19) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Armand Hammer Rome

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 123 replies
Page: 1 2 3
AuthorTopic:  Armand Hammer Rome
Loewi

Total Posts: 4470
posted Friday, November 03, 2017 11:06:55 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Loewi
Can't you make out the words from your own mouth?

Partial IP: 224.194.89

no mask

Total Posts: 7647
Location: Litney spears' keeps his lupe butt plug inserted at all times
posted Friday, November 03, 2017 11:08:16 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
type 70 bars for you? nope!

Loewi

posted Friday, November 03, 2017 11:10:19 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Loewi
How's anyone gonna appreciate your lyricism when they can't even make out what you say?

tippi dink

Total Posts: 4915
posted Friday, November 03, 2017 11:11:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
an emcee is an emcee. an emcee who is also a music artist is another thing as not all all emcees area able to put their time to making albums and artist related shit (videos,interviews more albums)

it's not always about having the time to put into it, it's a skill just like anything else. an emcee might be good at rapping but unable to put together a solid, cohesive album if their life depends on it. when i'm comparing artists, i'm comparing everything lol.

5th point

Total Posts: 525
posted Friday, November 03, 2017 11:12:25 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 5th point   Click Here to Email 5th point
im so unschooled its crazy...but everything youve complained about with rome is in the track you posted, i even said the song was alright and told you my issue with it. and how are you not trying to "big up" yourself? you literally just said your one of the top 5 rappers on the planet, thats assuming your knowself, how hard could it be for you to prove it and dead the debate?

no mask

posted Friday, November 03, 2017 11:17:36 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^ but many can man and most songs are clear for most to hear lol. some cant. i know its not well recorded . dudes didnt have good mics or know how to record my deep voice back then. many other great classics are the same but are also known as classics. i remember back when i was getting all the non prophets/dose/anticon /shapeshifters/c.v.e. demos/albums on cassette sometimes it was harder to hear the words but i learned.

no mask

posted Friday, November 03, 2017 11:32:51 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
at tippi

an emcee is not necessarily an artist tippi. its a metaphysical act of expression etc. the most amazing and skilled emcee in the world could have 0 albums! in fact many of the best rappers have less than 3. while many of the more egotistical fools desperate to make it as an "artist" lay it on too thick with lots of more average rhymes and songs/albums.

also to prove true emcee skill you need to be a dope off the head freestyler which i DID ans was chosen to judge battles etc cause i was too good to be in the fuckin battles. Scratch Bastid will tell you that.

tippi dink

posted Friday, November 03, 2017 11:40:30 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i'm not debating that, i'm just saying we're talking about two completely different things.

no mask

posted Friday, November 03, 2017 11:46:41 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
spatulas?

no mask

posted Saturday, November 04, 2017 6:31:07 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
ive been talking about the same thing all along. above average dudes like elucid and billy, mach hommy etc. arnt next level emcees. there not even on Pharoahe Monch's or aesop rocks level let alone myka 9's or busdrivers or radioinactive, xololanxinxo, otherwize or aceyalone's (in his prime). example: the god fahim is a better artist than all of the above but isnt touching any of them as an emcee.

tippi dink

posted Saturday, November 04, 2017 10:08:53 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
lol at fahim being a better artist

tippi dink

posted Saturday, November 04, 2017 11:44:16 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
thanks for that though, i needed a good laugh. i really don't understand how you could say fahim is a better artist than busdriver, aceyalone, billy woods, or aesop rock. he's prolific, but due to that all of his projects end up being forgettable. fahim has yet to put out a project with any weight to it, and i'd take the smaller discographies over fahim's dumping any day.

and to be clear, you've been talking about something different than i have this time because you have a different definition of what makes a rapper great than i do. this just isn't going to be something we'll ever agree on and that's cool, but i do consider dudes like billy woods, ka, zeroh, and elucid to be next level rappers. when i'm looking at rappers and trying to rank them, i'm taking everything into consideration.

SC1989

Total Posts: 1662
posted Saturday, November 04, 2017 1:08:07 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for SC1989
Fahim is nothing but a waterdown Coremega and nothing original

no mask

posted Saturday, November 04, 2017 1:33:52 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
Laugh all you want. Im happy to entertain you and as far as im concerned we will always be allies on here tip. You know your shit. Fahim as an artist is better just as far as being so prolific and also being a dope producer adds to his value as an artist.not saying hes more creative or skilled then them but he is a double threat. An emcee to me is the person and their skill, style, soul,substance etc. The inner. where as an artist is the emcee who creates albums and also sells himself as a brand, involved in the outer or external culture with videos, interviews, merch etc. As in recording artist. Im not refering to the artist in the creative sense.

tippi dink

posted Saturday, November 04, 2017 1:46:43 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
yeah i completely disagree with that, fahim puts out a ton of projects but still has less truly great songs than artists who only put out one project every year. like you said before, it's about quality, not quantity. aesop rock produces and raps, and still has projects he released 15 years ago that people still talk about and listen to today. i can't see fahim making a real impact whatsoever, i believe he's a flash in the pan and you won't hear anything about him 10 years from now. and to be clear, i am refering to an artist in the creative sense lol. lyricism, concepts/subject matter, beat choice, cohesiveness of their work, overall consistency, how much they stand out from other rappers. artists who at least try to push the boundaries a little bit. that stuff is what's most important to me. imo it doesn't really matter if a rapper has skills if they don't utilize them, it's almost like wasted potential.

no mask

posted Saturday, November 04, 2017 2:25:42 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
I dunno. I think fahims put out over 50 dope tracks this year and he produced many of them too. Not on his nuts but at a certain point i had to give him his due. Took me a while to get fully behind him too.

Obvioisly emcees can be artists in both the recording artist and the artistic sense.

As far as boundaries and wasted talent, i agree but if your doing something more basic but doing it really well you can have an impact. Like i think fahim will have an impact and be remembered but obvioisly not as an artisticlly avant garde intellectual artist like aesop rock etc.

As far as Ka being next level i think the songs he creates can be and the stories he tells, the lyrics at times are but as an emcee i dont think hes super advanced or next level. He has 1 style and is great at painting pictures with words, being lyrical but is a one trick pony and whats his freestyle ability as an emcee? I consider him great and way above average but not next level.

tippi dink

posted Saturday, November 04, 2017 3:03:49 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
50 dope tracks, but how many of those were REALLY dope and memorable or just dope compared to the rest of the stuff he puts out? what does fahim do really well, aside from pump out a lot of decent music? he's a good producer, but i don't think he'll ever be mentioned among the greats. i don't think he'll have an impact, or any influence as an artist. you listen to a fahim project, and then it's on to the next one. even now we mostly talk about his business practices and not the music itself, because i dont think there's that much to talk about. what fahim is doing comes across as basic to me tbh, i never felt like there was anything special about him aside from how prolific he is, and other artists could do that too if they didn't tour and just focused on making music and sold their projects for ridiculous prices to make up for the difference in profit. only saying that because as far as i know fahim doesn't tour, at least moka only plays shows all over.

ka's storytelling ability and his lyricism are part of what makes him a top tier rapper though, in my opinion. it's the same reason why ghostface is one of my all time favorites, i'm okay with an artist being a "one trick pony" if they're a master of that trick and continue to knock it out of the park every time, compared to someone is a jack of all trades but master of nothing. i would take grief pedigree, the night's gambit, days with yen lo, and honor killed the samurai over fahims entire discography any day, or at least the 20ish projects i've heard from him.

dR.prOf

Total Posts: 5718
posted Saturday, November 04, 2017 4:29:25 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dR.prOf   Click Here to Email dR.prOf
Cant WAIT to hear this!!

technosapien36

Total Posts: 43
posted Saturday, November 04, 2017 5:22:18 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for technosapien36
Ill as fuck! Billy Woods made the two best albums this year. This one and Known Unknowns.

tippi dink

posted Saturday, November 04, 2017 5:56:45 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i don't think you'll be disappointed dr. prof

no mask

posted Saturday, November 04, 2017 6:50:35 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^different strokes tippmeister!

Loewi

posted Saturday, November 04, 2017 7:46:44 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Loewi
A lot of appalling opinions have been expressed in this thread... Please no more... My heart can't take it... 😭;

dR.prOf

Total Posts: 5718
posted Sunday, November 05, 2017 1:48:29 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dR.prOf   Click Here to Email dR.prOf
very good just like all their projects, with 3-4 songs sounding like some of the best hip hop ive heard this year

All times are ET. The time now is 2:52 AM.Post viewed 1114 timesPage: 1 2 3
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: