UndergroundHipHop.com 12 Days of Christmas
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (46) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Armand Hammer Rome

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 108 replies
Page: 1 2 3
AuthorTopic:  Armand Hammer Rome
tippi dink

Total Posts: 7970
posted Saturday, November 04, 2017 1:46:43 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
yeah i completely disagree with that, fahim puts out a ton of projects but still has less truly great songs than artists who only put out one project every year. like you said before, it's about quality, not quantity. aesop rock produces and raps, and still has projects he released 15 years ago that people still talk about and listen to today. i can't see fahim making a real impact whatsoever, i believe he's a flash in the pan and you won't hear anything about him 10 years from now. and to be clear, i am refering to an artist in the creative sense lol. lyricism, concepts/subject matter, beat choice, cohesiveness of their work, overall consistency, how much they stand out from other rappers. artists who at least try to push the boundaries a little bit. that stuff is what's most important to me. imo it doesn't really matter if a rapper has skills if they don't utilize them, it's almost like wasted potential.

Partial IP: 224.194.89

no mask

Total Posts: 10121
posted Saturday, November 04, 2017 2:25:42 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
I dunno. I think fahims put out over 50 dope tracks this year and he produced many of them too. Not on his nuts but at a certain point i had to give him his due. Took me a while to get fully behind him too.

Obvioisly emcees can be artists in both the recording artist and the artistic sense.

As far as boundaries and wasted talent, i agree but if your doing something more basic but doing it really well you can have an impact. Like i think fahim will have an impact and be remembered but obvioisly not as an artisticlly avant garde intellectual artist like aesop rock etc.

As far as Ka being next level i think the songs he creates can be and the stories he tells, the lyrics at times are but as an emcee i dont think hes super advanced or next level. He has 1 style and is great at painting pictures with words, being lyrical but is a one trick pony and whats his freestyle ability as an emcee? I consider him great and way above average but not next level.

tippi dink

posted Saturday, November 04, 2017 3:03:49 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
50 dope tracks, but how many of those were REALLY dope and memorable or just dope compared to the rest of the stuff he puts out? what does fahim do really well, aside from pump out a lot of decent music? he's a good producer, but i don't think he'll ever be mentioned among the greats. i don't think he'll have an impact, or any influence as an artist. you listen to a fahim project, and then it's on to the next one. even now we mostly talk about his business practices and not the music itself, because i dont think there's that much to talk about. what fahim is doing comes across as basic to me tbh, i never felt like there was anything special about him aside from how prolific he is, and other artists could do that too if they didn't tour and just focused on making music and sold their projects for ridiculous prices to make up for the difference in profit. only saying that because as far as i know fahim doesn't tour, at least moka only plays shows all over.

ka's storytelling ability and his lyricism are part of what makes him a top tier rapper though, in my opinion. it's the same reason why ghostface is one of my all time favorites, i'm okay with an artist being a "one trick pony" if they're a master of that trick and continue to knock it out of the park every time, compared to someone is a jack of all trades but master of nothing. i would take grief pedigree, the night's gambit, days with yen lo, and honor killed the samurai over fahims entire discography any day, or at least the 20ish projects i've heard from him.

dR.prOf

Total Posts: 7603
posted Saturday, November 04, 2017 4:29:25 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dR.prOf   Click Here to Email dR.prOf
Cant WAIT to hear this!!

technosapien36

Total Posts: 387
posted Saturday, November 04, 2017 5:22:18 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for technosapien36
Ill as fuck! Billy Woods made the two best albums this year. This one and Known Unknowns.

tippi dink

posted Saturday, November 04, 2017 5:56:45 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
i don't think you'll be disappointed dr. prof

no mask

Total Posts: 10121
posted Saturday, November 04, 2017 6:50:35 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^different strokes tippmeister!

dR.prOf

Total Posts: 7603
posted Sunday, November 05, 2017 1:48:29 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dR.prOf   Click Here to Email dR.prOf
very good just like all their projects, with 3-4 songs sounding like some of the best hip hop ive heard this year

All times are ET. The time now is 10:34 PM.Post viewed 2197 timesPage: 1 2 3
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: