Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (57) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Eyedea & Abilities?

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 13 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Eyedea & Abilities?
dingleberrymercenary

Total Posts: 2246
posted Monday, December 18, 2017 10:52:04 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dingleberrymercenary
About to Revisit this..

My Question is I know he Passed Away..but do you think if he was still with Us would he still be putting out Good Music??
Also what's you're Favorite Eyedea Cd?
I have all his Cds and not sure which one I would say is my Favorite..got to Revisit them again I would probably say either First born or E & A I also got that Oliver Something album..

Partial IP: 224.194.89

tippi dink

Total Posts: 7221
posted Monday, December 18, 2017 11:14:04 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
i definitely think eyedea would still be putting out good music if he was alive right now, he and abilities started taking their music in a more experimental direction with their album "by the throat" which i really enjoyed. i thought dj abilities production fit eyedea perfectly on there. i'm sure there are a lot of people who prefer their older stuff though.

by the throat and the many face of oliver hart are probably my favorites.

dingleberrymercenary

posted Monday, December 18, 2017 11:18:38 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dingleberrymercenary
Yo Tippi for some Reason I wasn't feeling by the Throat as much as the Others I might have to Revisit..the first time I heard first born I thought it was Strange and wasn't my Cup if tea..then I Revisited it years ago and it grew on me..

tippi dink

posted Monday, December 18, 2017 11:30:21 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
there's definitely been albums that i've revisited years later and found a new appreciation for. if you don't like it, you don't like it though. i get why by the throat would be offputting to some that were used to what they were doing on first born or e&a, but i grew up listening to a lot of punk/hardcore & experimental electronic music and imo by the throat was a pretty unique album that combined all of those genres in a way that sounded organic, while still having one foot firmly planted in hip hop. it felt natural and raw. the album is only 30 minutes long and i don't think there's any filler on there at all. i would have been curious to see what they would have done after that.

eseph84

Total Posts: 7366
posted Monday, December 18, 2017 12:29:56 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
yes, he would still be making great music.

i like all the e&a stuff and his solo stuff. only thing i need to check still is the face candy stuff

dingleberrymercenary

posted Monday, December 18, 2017 1:09:07 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dingleberrymercenary
Yea I have that Face Candy cd around here somewhere it's decent basically all live freestyles on Stage..

5th point

Total Posts: 1132
posted Monday, December 18, 2017 1:11:17 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 5th point   Click Here to Email 5th point
^^Dont forget carbon carousel

in order

First born
By the throat
Oliver hart
EA

dingleberrymercenary

posted Monday, December 18, 2017 1:19:32 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dingleberrymercenary
Oh Snap i don't have/Own Carbon Carousel..I think I heard a few Snippets though..

NoHeadlights

Total Posts: 55616
Location: "My Cholesterol Is High, Praying For A Heart Attack Cuz Life Sucks" Crybaby Karim
posted Monday, December 18, 2017 2:23:18 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for NoHeadlights
Many faces of Oliver hart

Grafh

Total Posts: 3394
posted Monday, December 18, 2017 4:49:24 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Grafh
Favorite album of his is definitely 'By The Throat'. The rapping and experimentation on that album are near perfect.

If he was still alive he would def be making music, though I'm sure the underground community would be shitting on it. Looooot of dudes here and elsewhere did not like the direction he was taking his music on By The Throat, and if you listen to the Many Faces of Mikey comp you can hear on his unfinished tracks that he was going to continue pushing outside of the boundaries of Hip Hop.

for dudes that are fans of him be sure to check out his moms site

http://www.micheallarsen.com/product-category/music/eyedeas-albums/

has some albums that aren't available anywhere else.

Ideal for podcasting

Total Posts: 697
posted Tuesday, December 19, 2017 9:41:55 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Ideal for podcasting
He gave us the best CD of his career before he passed on. I wouldn't have doubted his creative drive or his growing skill. His next album would have most likely been a tribute to his deceased style, as musician's are fond of doing, but his next album would have been a worthy synthesis of departed and forming style.

dj rolo

Total Posts: 5266
posted Tuesday, December 19, 2017 9:45:06 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
got a lot of Eyedea and Abilities footage on my YouTube channel if anyone is interested, freestyle stuff too

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

Total Posts: 10107
posted Tuesday, December 19, 2017 12:30:26 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
by the throat and cage depart from me are interchangeable to me. heroin addict sad boy music

tippi dink

posted Tuesday, December 19, 2017 1:22:12 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
except one of those albums is actually good, and it's not depart from me

All times are ET. The time now is 7:15 PM.Post viewed 797 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: