UndergroundHipHop.com 12 Days of Christmas
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (58) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
The Art Of Organized Noize - Documentary (2016)

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 4 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  The Art Of Organized Noize - Documentary (2016)
Nassau William Senior

Total Posts: 4474
Location: NWS I agree with u most of the time, but in this case you are smoked the fuck out bro
posted Friday, February 23, 2018 10:14:51 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
Watched this last night on Netflix. I couldn't get the forum search to work to see if there was a previous thread.

Anyone see it?

Any thoughts?

I thought it was better than expected. A buddy recommended it to me, so I thought it would be great. But Netflix has it at 2.5 stars (or close), so I thought it would be borderline garbage.

I was pleasantly surprised at how much I learned. I had no idea that ON produced Waterfalls. And while that song sucks, it was the quick, creative process of Rico Wade that was so cool to learn about, regarding that song. Also, I didn't know they produced that En Vogue track off the Set It Off Soundtrack. Love that fucking song bigtime.

I think they are another story of "poor me" though. They were hungry when they were young and they produced hit records as a unit. When they got paid, they became fat pigs, and fat pigs get slaughtered. They also allowed their younger friends (Outkast), to take their production style to another level, while they sat on the sidelines.

Still LEGENDS in the game that deserved the Documentary, since most don't know the history (including me), even if you have been a fan from Day 1.

The Puffy directing their first video might have been the best part.

^^The story behind this track was hilarious. It's actually a Christmas song, if you didn't know. Listen to Andre's first line...

Partial IP: 224.194.89

s-agent

Total Posts: 3962
posted Friday, February 23, 2018 3:01:41 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for s-agent
I saw this when it came out.

I was surprised at how dope this was. I definitely recommend everyone here to check it out

CAChri$t(IE)

Total Posts: 8291
posted Friday, February 23, 2018 3:06:58 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for CAChri$t(IE)
its fantastic. late pass tho.

LiquidDo$e

Total Posts: 14178
posted Friday, February 23, 2018 6:05:20 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for LiquidDo$e
Yeah I liked it a lot, seems like Outkast kind of left them behind when they blew up. Rico was pretty about it, complaining how they didn't shout them out on the grammy stage etc...

I also thought it was dope how they went and visited the dungeon and some of the other landmarks Outkast references in their songs.

litney spears

Total Posts: 3941
Location: Whattup Fosters. You know I been drinkin nuffin but dem good limited release beers, all Double IPA's
posted Friday, February 23, 2018 11:25:40 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for litney spears
well anyway
if you want something to watch on netflix watch altered carbon shit is dope as fuck

All times are ET. The time now is 9:08 PM.Post viewed 649 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: