Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (47) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Black Thought - Funk Flex Freestyle

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 173 replies
Page: 1 2 3 4
AuthorTopic:  Black Thought - Funk Flex Freestyle
Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 42745
posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 8:17:38 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
This freestyle was insane.

Anytime a big time freestyle gets posted here no masks go to is because it's pre-written it somehow knocks it down a peg or two. Instead of finding some sort of hole to punch into it, just enjoy it for what it is. An elite emcee ripping shit for 10 minutes straight in one take.

Plus lets be real, when someone is actually freestyling off the dome it almost always sounds like dog shit with half the bars being nonsensical cause emcee is more focused on rhyming words together.

Partial IP: 224.194.89

litney spears

Total Posts: 3034
posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 8:17:40 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for litney spears
Thanks for unpinning this bull shit total waste waste of the 30 seconds I spent watching

litney spears

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 8:25:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for litney spears
Doesn't matter if your lyrics are average
If you put Lupe's , jay zs , jay elec lyrics against black thought , it would make thought look like a noob

no mask

Total Posts: 10121
posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 8:26:04 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
thousands of rappers go in the booth and record 2 songs (kicking 2 or 3 memorized verses on each) without their phone or rhyme book etc. i did it. ive done live shows where i just busted random verses for 20 minutes straight. duh! im a rapper- im supposed to be able to recite my verses. LOL. ive done real off the heads on air live for over 5 minutes and i flexed more style, rhythm,substance and soul then black thought ever did. i ripped many off the heads on stage that black thought couldnt touch. hes a one trick pony yall. hes always rappin the same!

what he did there is great but NOT amazing.

doseone would rip him i half.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 8:32:36 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Heads just trolling at this point lulz. Don't feed em bros.

no mask

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 8:35:58 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^ at clock

i do appreciate it and i said 10 times now that i think its really dope. i just wanna draw attention to the real skill which is off the head and the real talents arnt just rhyming random words. AND its not all about lyrics. its also about having different styles, rhythm, variation of subject matter, creative rhyme schemes etc. eminem even surpassed black thought!

truth is black thought is one dimensional and even his rhymes schemes and lyrics arnt next level which makes him JUST considerably above average.

he's an elite emcee as far as one dimensional rappers go.

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 8:39:15 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
I'm not as big a Thought fan as a lot on here but he ripped that shit to shreds. His bars were fire as well, not just 10 minutes of rambling, stringing random words together to have the time keep passing.

I might've only heard a handful of freestyles where the emcee was coming off the dome and it sounded dope. 99.9% of ones that do that sound like a complete jackass. So the argument that off the dome is better is silly cause off the dome usually sounds wack, regardless of if it take more skill to do.

no mask

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 8:40:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^not trollin clockavelli

black thought with the soft ass watered down roots albums since '97, the cheesy jimmy fallon dancer gig, the one dimensional emcee thing. i like him but i dont. wheres his solo album? oh , right- he's owned by the label and not allowed to do one.

bUcKtHaDeViL

Total Posts: 1810
posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 8:46:32 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for bUcKtHaDeViL
this guy no mask sounds like the biggest fucking geek. look at this loser shit....

"black thought with the soft ass watered down roots albums since '97, the cheesy jimmy fallon dancer gig, the one dimensional emcee thing. i like him but i dont. wheres his solo album? oh , right- he's owned by the label and not allowed to do one."

- said no one ever except dumb ass no mask. lololol what a loser!!

no mask

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 8:51:28 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
at clock da gawd

most rappers trying to off the head do sound shitty BUT thats the thing- when you get to guys that can kill it-its undeniable- way more talent and skill involved. a lot of these rappers never developed their skillz past trying to write and be recording artists to be a brand. they never developed to actually BE the energy and be able to vibrate on the level of spontaneously creating ill rhymes live on the spot so they are not next level emcees. they cant do it on the spot- they dont really embody it or have many styles. most of these emcees cant off the head for shit, have 1 style and are average lyrically and people worship it!

being great at off the heads is the highest form of emceeing.

bUcKtHaDeViL

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 8:52:18 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for bUcKtHaDeViL
Shut the fuck up when grown men are talking Gimp Mask.

for someone supposedly up on hip hop since 1990 you sure seem like you just heard it yesterday.

Gaying up threads like you're somebody important. FOH. nobody cares about your opinion. yous a lame duke.

You spend way too much time in here also if we're being honest.

bUcKtHaDeViL

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 8:56:05 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for bUcKtHaDeViL
plus you literally just took a word right outta the black thought freestyle. Thought said vibrate you stupid fucking dildo. lololol

"they never developed to actually BE the energy and be able to VIBRATE"

never heard you use that before. what a fuckin clown. just stop already and go to bed you fag.

Selah

Total Posts: 1441
posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 8:57:56 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Selah
No Mask I’m not jumping in this argument or dissing you but post up some radio freestyles of yours or footage from shows, or more than a quick whispering video. Show and prove.

bUcKtHaDeViL

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:02:50 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for bUcKtHaDeViL
i've seen the Roots in Philly literally on the streets banging out beats on paint cans with dudes just rhyming.

fuck you know about real rap?

no mask

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:03:03 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
Shut the fuck up when grown men are talking Gimp Mask.

-do i need to back hand pimp slap you?

for someone supposedly up on hip hop since 1990 you sure seem like you just heard it yesterday.

- says the unaware, basic fool

Gaying up threads like you're somebody important. FOH. nobody cares about your opinion. yous a lame duke.

-says the clown who thinks black thought is next level! hahahaha

You spend way too much time in here also if we're being honest.

-i'm home with 2 young kids, i hustle AND work from home part time so its easy to comment on here. i'm short bursts. all day -all i do is get shit done and jump on here for a few minutes at a time when i need time to balance and chill for a bit.

bUcKtHaDeViL

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:08:37 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for bUcKtHaDeViL
cool story bruh. you should tell it at parties.

no one cares about your dirty little kids or however much time you have on your hands working from your tiny fuckboy hut made from dogshit.

i'm not a huge black though fan myself, but i will recoginze dopeness when i see it. for you to be blind to this fact requires me to burn a big old letter L right on your forehead. good luck on job interviews.

no mask

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:10:33 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
Yo buckthedevil (such a polarizing icecube type name) are YOU black thought?

why you so mad?

your making me wanna get negative on here but i wont cause youve proven your mad weak.

at Selah

wasnt whispering- turn it up if your ears are full of wax. get the ears candled!

and post what videos for what!? most cats blindly worshiping one dimensional rappers so you dont know about knowself. you steady jocking average wack sloth!

i would bet money black thought prepared for this little 10 min pre written fest.

if you never heard many good off the heads- dig deeper!

no mask

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:15:05 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
LOL- buckthetreble exosed-he said:

"i'm not a huge black though fan myself, but i will recoginze dopeness when i see it. for you to be blind to this fact requires me"

but i already said 10 times that it was a realy dope display. These dudes get triggered then auto pilot react like robots yo!

i suggest you take a rest

ci_fus

Total Posts: 4385
Location: Toronto - 2jzgte,gt40r,tomi cams,9:1 CP, AEM V2, 1100cc, Audio with 2 12" - Marcberg - Hide my Tears
posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:19:52 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for ci_fus
One dimensional? My man you're lost.

You were the man who said words from the genius is better than liquid swords right?

You were the one who said you want to drive cars without computers(wtf this isn't the 50's) so "they" can't chase / monitor you.

now you claim you used to spit? Spit what exactly? Post a Mp3, a stream , youtube, something that has 1 minute of straight rhyming, no pauses, Then well talk.

You posted more in a couple years than i have in 10+ yet spew nonsense like you just discovered hip hop the other week.

Catching feelings is worst than admitting you are wrong. Black thought > Myka 9, real talks.

bUcKtHaDeViL

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:28:19 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for bUcKtHaDeViL
nah you're some kind of weirdo Fuck Mask.

you can't just say "word that was dope" and KIM.

like some sort of obsessive nerd you have to say it was cool for a written verse. you couldnt just take it in like a real fan of hip hop.

then it was all about watered down roots albums, etc.

lol. just stop already

no mask

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:32:17 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
ci-fus said:

One dimensional? My man you're lost.

no mask says:-im right- your scraping the surface

You were the man who said words from the genius is better than liquid swords right?

mask says:- it is better

You were the one who said you want to drive cars without computers(wtf this isn't the 50's) so "they" can't chase / monitor you.

no mask says: your not aware or in the know like my grandfathers people who were in the war. or like people that would make you sound like a clown conformist.

now you claim you used to spit? Spit what exactly? Post a Mp3, a stream , youtube, something that has 1 minute of straight rhyming, no pauses, Then well talk.

no mask says: my rap names knowself- dropped 3 albums, been featured many times, did over 40 live shows, known as the most stylistic and lyrical from canada, was asked to judge freestyle battles cause i was too dope to compete. you know shit about the real talent.

You posted more in a couple years than i have in 10+ yet spew nonsense like you just discovered hip hop the other week.

no mask says- cause your not inspired and your afraid to get corrected.

Catching feelings is worst than admitting you are wrong. Black thought > Myka 9, real talks.

no mask says- your serious problem-not mine! i was rapping before you were born chump!

no mask

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:36:50 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^thats exactly it buck! black thoughts a financially propped up, over rated and on that wack corporate NBC stage and on a shitty major label that made the roots water shit down (fact)AND you wanna worship thoughts shit when he's not an amazing emcee.

you watch CNN dont you!

bUcKtHaDeViL

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:40:11 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for bUcKtHaDeViL

was the verse at the beginning not as good cuz he didn't make it up on the fly?

lol

no mask

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:42:24 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^thats when they were dope.

bUcKtHaDeViL

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:44:48 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for bUcKtHaDeViL

always been dope. peep the OP. this is just to spark your brain.

ci_fus

Location: Toronto - 2jzgte,gt40r,tomi cams,9:1 CP, AEM V2, 1100cc, Audio with 2 12" - Marcberg - Hide my Tears
posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:45:20 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for ci_fus
Hold Up.

No mask you claim you're KNowself?

https://bigmoveslpfc.bandcamp.com/album/knowself-moves-pseudo-freedom-in-the-age-of-manipulation

^^^ this same dude?

If it is, I can see why you like Myka 9.

What part of Canada you from? now were going to break you down Once and for all.

no mask

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:57:40 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^whos breakin who? your chasing me! lol- i'm from Halifax. anybody got a problem come see me.

ci-fus actin like he's part of the investigation team. lol

ci_fus

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:59:24 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for ci_fus
"no mask says: your not aware or in the know like my grandfathers people who were in the war. or like people that would make you sound like a clown conformist."

WTF are you talking about? You're not the brightest bulb in the socket are you?

no mask

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 10:04:34 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^i'm brighter then any bulb shit scab. come to hali and talk shit boy! i'm the ex con- one of the connected bosses in rap here in hali. a nice guy but been through hell-jail, hommeless- step the fuck up!

no mask

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 10:09:25 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
Yo, im gonna start shit with knowself cause he spoke his opinion on black thought while also giving black thought props. lol

5th point

Total Posts: 1137
posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 10:12:49 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 5th point   Click Here to Email 5th point
that shit was dope, but holy fuck this thread got shit all over

ci_fus

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 10:20:49 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for ci_fus
Nova Scotia damn near close to halafx, how come you and classified never hooked up? TBh, I don't care much for him so you have to see how little i do for you're myka 9 style inspired style.

"known as the most stylistic and lyrical from canada"

WTF ever -Stay up North / East my man, im sure you're fan base is legit there, all three of them.

You really think you're above Ghetto concept, Infinite, Kardinal, chocliar,checkmate, K-Os, Citizen kane, Dream warriors, Rascalz, Marvel Solitare, Saukrates, Maestro, Point blank, GCP,Dan E o, buck 65, Drake(overkill)?

And i don't even care for all those guys

If you that good how come you never mixed with S.A.R.S. ?

Lol ill never get over Words form a Genius better than Liquid swords. Iv'e spoken with Gza in person, Man i wish i asked him what he thought about that just top see his face. Im sure he gets mad every day with LS tours and not reaching out in his pajamas with his book of rhymes performing "Come do Me".

one of his best pre LS track he had was pass the bone and it wasn't even on the album and isn't better than his worse song on LS.

|=|

Total Posts: 1278
posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 10:26:05 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for |=|
Jfc. This thread is a shit show. Co-sign just about everyone except no mask and Observe itt.

No mask, let’s face it. If Myka 9 spit this EXACT same verse, you would be ecstatic and claiming GOAT.

As Clock clearly explained, it doesn’t matter if it’s prewritten or not. He went the fuck off for almost 10 minutes. Today’s mainstream hip hop? It needs this kind of shit. You drinking today bro?

ci_fus

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 10:29:30 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for ci_fus
"^i'm brighter then any bulb shit scab. come to hali and talk shit boy! i'm the ex con- one of the connected bosses in rap here in hali. a nice guy but been through hell-jail, hommeless- step the fuck up!"

damn you got to stay off that moon shine. No conspiracies with Car ECU's with OBD1 or 2 or pre

i used to be up by your ways all the time for the BPBA tournaments and never heard of you or your raps. Never heard them played at the tournaments, clubs, cars , horse and wagons, Pimps, or gas stations. not even once.

no mask

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 10:41:59 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
at ci-fus

yup, shit i did lyrically, stylistically, subject matter wise -kills anything Ghetto concept, Infinite, Kardinal, chocliar,checkmate, K-Os, Citizen kane, Dream warriors, Rascalz, Marvel Solitare, Saukrates, Point blank, GCP,Dan E o, buck 65, or Drake ever dropped or did. but not maestro. maestros first 3 albums are fuckin incredible hip hop classics. not that he's a better emcee but he's the canadian boss and so dope and better at live shows. saw him live in '89 when i was 11. we actually opened for choclair and kardinall back in 2000. choclair was a nice guy. i almost sold swollen members shrooms and weed when they were in hali but they chose to go hang with buck 65 instead. their mistake.

only met classified once and he's cool. talented cat but not on some next level shit like me.

no mask

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 10:46:26 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^its besides the point =

black thought aint next level or amazing and emcees that are really skilled at off the head are way more skilled.

its a proven fact that off the head is the highest form of emceeing.

also,many never advance their writing skill and just crank out the same formula forever.

litney spears

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 10:59:31 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for litney spears
you can tell someone lost by resorting to threats talking about how tough they are...lol at being a rap boss and bragging about jail. this is e thugging at its finest

no mask

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 11:10:35 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^no E thuggin. tryin to educate these keyboard tough guys on the facts that i already did soooo many things..

and S.A.R.S.? what he done? lol

no mask

posted Thursday, December 14, 2017 11:23:51 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
its just funny! many peoples egos so conveniently missed that i said from the beginning that it was a really dope verse and they went at me AND went at me until i HAD to get personal and angry! you wanna open up pandoras box you fucks! i'm honestly the nicest guy until arrogant, ignorant pricks push too many times. and they always ruin it on here! little know-nots that wanna compete and talk out their asses. peace to all though. i dont know you and i dont judge. i'm done.

Total Posts: 19424
Location: What does god have to do with the pronunciation of a word?
posted Friday, December 15, 2017 3:13:18 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
Lol, this thread sucks.

Just saw star wars, btw. What up!

CAChri$t(IE)

Total Posts: 8291
posted Friday, December 15, 2017 5:41:09 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for CAChri$t(IE)
lol no mask cmon son you have bad opinions

no mask

posted Friday, December 15, 2017 6:02:36 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^your mom does but not me dork!

i said he isnt next level and... he's not!

yall are the ones buggin. get ya knowledge up! the industry got you worshiping over rated emcees!

how dare i say black thought isnt amazing!

CAChri$t(IE)

posted Friday, December 15, 2017 8:04:16 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for CAChri$t(IE)
Get your knowledge up? you sound like a fkn dweeb.

no mask

posted Friday, December 15, 2017 8:27:16 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^it been known that you got a vagina

CAChri$t(IE)

posted Friday, December 15, 2017 9:05:58 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for CAChri$t(IE)
You couldn’t possibly be any lamer

BEATSMITH

Total Posts: 1746
posted Friday, December 15, 2017 11:31:16 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for BEATSMITH
How dare you disagree with no mask the god of opinions on music.

culturesclothing

Total Posts: 2189
posted Saturday, December 16, 2017 6:39:56 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for culturesclothing
I’m reading some truly ridiculous things in this thread, so I had to provide a little bit of input:

1) Observe, you do know that Black Thought is one of Lupe’s favorite rappers, right? He even thanks Black Thought at the end of Food & Liquor. Lupe is a huge Black thought fan, just like he’s a fan of Aesop Rock.

2) Even though this is a written, Black Thought is one of the few MCs that actually can put together coherent freestyles off the top of his head. You don’t even have to look hard to find examples of this. Just go to YouTube and watch Black Thought and Common playing that “Word Roulette” game on Jimmy Fallon if actual off the dome freestyles Impress you more than cyphers.

3) Black Thought is one dimensional? LOLLLL that’s one of the more ridiculous things that I’ve ever heard with regards to Hip-Hop. If we’re talking delivery, he literally has a song where he raps in the persona and style of 3 different MCs...paying homage to Big Daddy Kane & Kool G Rap on “Boom”. Also, take well known songs like “You Got Me” or “Break You Off”. Or even the Fort Minor song “Right Now”. Completely different delivery than he’s doing here.

Now let’s talk about subject matter. If you look in Black Thought’s catalog, he has: Smooth love songs, social commentary songs, storytelling songs, “gangsta” songs, battle songs, etc. And if you need examples, I could easily provide about 5 songs in every category. So, if Black Thought has and does use a variety of different styles and subject matters in his music, how exactly is he one dimensional?

So you have an MC that has longevity in Hip-Hop, a diverse, dope catalog, a variety of different styles, and the ability to freestyle off the top and you’re trying to tell me that he’s not one of the best to ever do it? C’mon man...

no mask

posted Saturday, December 16, 2017 7:08:59 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^strong points and excellent/best response yet man.

i was trolling a bit after a certain point in the thread (when i switched from talking about the verse to going at black thought as a emcee-but i meant some)because people were quick to jump down my throat and they ignored the fact that i said black thoughts verse was really dope and hes a legend.

amazing is a strong word and it gets thrown around too much. i was also reacting cause this is the 2nd time in a couple months people on here have been raving over a recited pre written by black thought and to me its not that thread worthy the 2nd time around for the same emcee. He's a popular , big budget artist and theres so many other emcees that deserve light so that bugged me too. Also bugs me that people get all excited about some writtens but nobody ever seems to appreciate off the heads on here or do threads about it. when i tried-nobody participated.

I feel like Black thought isnt one dimensional but he's not that multi dimensional at all. he seems to drop the same style every time i hear him rhyme (many emcees do) so style wise he's basically one dimensional- maybe not totally. I'm aware of that track where he does the Kane, kool g rap and i know he's creative. Lyrically he's above average but i find his rhymes schemes predictable. While he may have varying subject matter i would argue its not often varying enough but he does a decent job.

i was for sure a bit biased and reactionary cause i saw black thought again-Mr. major label, jimmy fallon NBC performer, rich dude being over hyped on here again when doper emcees get no acknowledgment on here.

I certainly got pretty carried away and its cringe worthy i know. Like i said at the beginning of this thread Black thought is a very dope legend.

are u ready

Total Posts: 527
posted Saturday, December 16, 2017 7:45:50 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for are u ready
free style over a sucker ass wack beat is NOT dope. sorry u lame ass faggots

free style on cold 97 and a sell out show like fag flex is not dope

volked

Total Posts: 231
posted Saturday, December 16, 2017 9:25:29 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for volked
Absoolutly murdered it! Oaahhh shittt!

HUNTER IS THE HUNTED

Total Posts: 886
posted Saturday, December 16, 2017 9:38:54 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for HUNTER IS THE HUNTED
No Mask is better than Black Thought now. Lol. What a day

All times are ET. The time now is 3:05 AM.Post viewed 2896 timesPage: 1 2 3 4
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: