Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (15) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
The Whos Doper On The Collabo Track Pt.1

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 20 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  The Whos Doper On The Collabo Track Pt.1
no mask

Total Posts: 7096
posted Saturday, September 09, 2017 7:18:14 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask

^serious track. i say Saafir then myka then rbx. dope hook aint it? whos got best verse to you and why?

Partial IP: 252.39.148

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

Total Posts: 2071
posted Saturday, September 09, 2017 7:20:25 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
please keep this thread series up but please dont limit it to west coast. good stuff. ill be back with my winner....

Partial IP: 62.144.146

no mask

posted Saturday, September 09, 2017 7:29:21 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^ all good. will keep it wide spectrum. so many tracks though.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Saturday, September 09, 2017 7:35:55 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
wow id go

myka 9
rbx
saafir

myka is just underrated as fuck, rbx has that voice and saafir is eh to me here.

5th point

Total Posts: 436
posted Saturday, September 09, 2017 7:40:31 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 5th point   Click Here to Email 5th point
^^ i dont think mykas underrated when i read reviews and shit hes always labeled as legendary...but people def dont listen to him alot i posted his ep from this year and it got not alot of replies....

myka
saafir
rbx

no mask

posted Saturday, September 09, 2017 7:41:10 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^your right. i just like saafir has a verse and a dope hook. a couple of his lines were up there but mykas just effortless and rhytmic, natural-most skilled rapper on the planet but people sleep. Birthed emcees!

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Saturday, September 09, 2017 7:45:44 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
hes legendary in a small sub sector of the rap audience. we kno hes a legend but thers still alotttt of "ughh heads" here who dont consider him shit, let alone a legend. u see that alot specifically with west coast rappers for some reason. takes a special type of geek to go str8 for west coast rap or bay area or those styles, that isnt from ther.

no mask

posted Saturday, September 09, 2017 7:55:17 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^ people just dont know period. people who do know- have figured out/stayed on top of who was really pushing emceeing to the max in terms of substance, styles, originality etc. and after 96 or 97- the west coast took over big time- with the whole explosion of the conscious,raw,indie, underground rap across Cali. so yeah- not about where its from but what there doing.

Dr Karl Kennedy

Total Posts: 82
posted Saturday, September 09, 2017 8:00:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Dr Karl Kennedy   Click Here to Email Dr Karl Kennedy
ive never heard of any of these fuckers. good idea for a thread, i'll have a listen when im not so drunk im about beat my kitchen door off its hinges

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Saturday, September 09, 2017 8:02:48 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
^^^but u understand that statement is subjective and ur part of a select group that thinks that way right? cuz im thinking of the doc "freestyle" specifically how it was west coast heavy with ff and people like that and thers a guy specifically in the doc that says it caught ther attn on the east and then they had to bring it with guys like supernat. plus that doc is a very small section of wat was going on or atleast about to happen at the time as far as "ughh". the underground exploded everywhere from 98-05. and freestyle fellowship is def an acquired taste, just like hiero or living legends or jurassic 5. im not a west coast fan boy at all. if i like a region after up north or east coast or nyc, its def sections of the south. and i even prefer detroit to cali sometimes but cali has a pretty diverse scene to so thers something for every type of hip hop head mostly.

no mask

posted Saturday, September 09, 2017 8:18:17 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^ i hear ya, but its not just how some see it- its the actual history. the west was just more creative,stylistic, conscious, lyrical from like 96-2000 whenever and in general. ive always been super east coast too but we already see that mentioned a lot more on here when the dope UG west coast shit is way lesser known in general. and no scene was bigger except N.Y. which started getting rudundant/generic emcee and beat wise after 95.

no mask

posted Saturday, September 09, 2017 8:25:51 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
even by 95 scarub, eligh and radioinactive were way ahead lyrically, content style and conscious wise.

no mask

posted Saturday, September 09, 2017 8:35:50 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
whos doper to YOU on this classic?

Lit Jagger

Total Posts: 1699
Location: I like cartoons, southern cities wit lrg moons, faith healers, ex female drug dealers & art booms
posted Sunday, September 10, 2017 4:41:39 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lit Jagger
Wow that track was some of the worst shit I've heard in my life

mic_data

Total Posts: 475
posted Sunday, September 10, 2017 9:20:25 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for mic_data
Damn Nomask, where'd you dig that up from? I always heard about Log Cabin, but didn't think they had anything floating around. They must've been in high school back then?? Murs is with them too. I wish they would've dropped another 3MG album.

I've heard Murs could freestyle like a beast, I miss the old Murs.

I heard in a Grouch interview like last year or so that when he first met Eligh, he was like meh, cus he was several years older than him, but when he heard his tracks he so impressed with the stuff he was coming up with that no one else was doing out there.

I'm having trouble identifying Eligh on here, is that him around 2:00?? Cus he sounds way different, ha.

no mask

posted Sunday, September 10, 2017 10:03:52 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^had a cassette copy back around 98. amazing album. old murs was ill.

theres this gem too:

murs in his prime. first LL release i heard i think in 97. had the vinyl.

hh

Total Posts: 9468
Location: MARKETING RESEARCH SHOWS THAT DUMB PEOPLE ONLY LOVE WHAT THEY THINK IS RIDICULE-SAFE
posted Thursday, September 14, 2017 3:14:34 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for hh
Myka on Picasso
Scarub on Wrecless

As for the other discussion, the general public doesn't know a lot of things. Within the hiphop community, as in the actual people who are artists, it's very well known that the Good Life/Project Blowed movement is a huge influence and that they have produced some of the most talented MCs to ever touch a mic. There is a reason why everyone from that community says Myka is the best when it comes down to it and also why the more publicly well known legends who know their shit give him so much props.

As for LL Crew...dope musicians. Murs is the only one who can freestyle and he's been put in check on several occasions by his "upper classmates" from the Blowed.

Here's one of my all time favorite tracks:

I really can't decide who killed it because they all did. Love Lucky's verse and hook, Sunspot's energy, Murs' bluntness. When it comes down to it, Murs is the best pure MC of the crew and I'd probably give it to him.

Another one:

Damn, the Geto Boys are so fuckin dope. I always give it up to Face but they all kill it.

Great thread, no mask!

no mask

posted Thursday, September 14, 2017 4:31:59 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^thanks HH and well said above. so true that people dont know the full rap history.

im going with Willie D on that GB's track. his rhythm and flow is too nice.

hh

Location: MARKETING RESEARCH SHOWS THAT DUMB PEOPLE ONLY LOVE WHAT THEY THINK IS RIDICULE-SAFE
posted Thursday, September 14, 2017 4:57:03 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for hh
Yeah, Willie D...can't go wrong with any of them...makes for a great track. Same for Nowyouknow...what's your pick for that one?

no mask

posted Thursday, September 14, 2017 5:04:40 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^i'd go Eligh then BFAP. eligh is just always next level and BFAP has that entertaining intensity and hard lines. been while since i heard that one. thats off the beats and rhymes comp isnt it?

hh

posted Thursday, September 14, 2017 5:35:28 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for hh
Yeah, but you know how they do...I'm pretty sure it was also on another album. Actually, it was on Crappy Old Shit too. Beats & Lyrics first compilation was insane. Here's another good one from it:

From the time when X was coming up as one of the best before he sold out. i gotta go with Casual on that one though.

All times are ET. The time now is 5:52 AM.Post viewed 354 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: