UndergroundHipHop.com 12 Days of Christmas
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (46) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Cypress Hill Elephants On Acid

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 7 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Cypress Hill Elephants On Acid
felipedahiphopadict01

Total Posts: 1311
posted Tuesday, February 19, 2019 10:04:34 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for felipedahiphopadict01
i´m starting to listen to it while i writte these lines any thoughts?

Partial IP: 224.194.89

eseph84

Total Posts: 7966
posted Tuesday, February 19, 2019 12:25:40 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
not bad, but still the worst thing muggs was involved in last year. just a lil too long winded to wanna go back to much. shoulda scratched those 2/3 weird singer hook tracks but the label prob wanted that from them.

i actually liked the muggs is dead instro track the best lol

and the one w jacken

nice that cypress all gets down as a crew tho. not mad at em' or you felipe - salute!

felipedahiphopadict01

posted Tuesday, February 19, 2019 12:39:04 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for felipedahiphopadict01
well the bit i heard i liked it waay better than the muggs roc marciano lp and i would even go as far as saying this one i liked better than that skull and bones album from years ago or anything they released after it

pattch82

Total Posts: 781
posted Tuesday, February 19, 2019 1:59:27 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for pattch82   Click Here to Email pattch82

I still love this album. For me it was the dopest joint that Muggs dropped in 2018.

A little review I wrote back when it first dropped...

Tusko (Intro) – Nice little intro. Named after the elephant that was actually injected with LSD in 1962 and died as a result of it. Sound reminds me of the Beatles, George Harrison used to fuck around with indian instruments/sounds in the mid-sixties. Sets the mood for the album and segues nicely into...

Band of Gypsies – Awesome choice for first single. Full on eastern vibe on the beat. Even Sen Dog sounds dope on this.

Put ’Em In The Ground – Dark as fuck. Drums are hard as hell on here. Chorus is dope too.

Satao (Interval) – Nice little 30 second interlude. I don’t mind the short interludes. Similar to how Muggs used to tag little instrumentals on to the end of various album tracks, only now they’re listed as individual tracks.

Jesus Was A Stoner – Not loving the hook. Nice slow groove on this song though, B-Real does his thing.

Pass The Knife – Dope as hell. The beginning sounds like ‘The Birth’ track by RZA. This is possibly the closest to the Bass In Your Face style Muggs that someone mentioned earlier. I like Sen Dog’s hook on here. Really diggin Sen Dog on this album.

LSD (Interval) – Piano loop is similar to the beat Muggs did for Die Antwoord on ‘Shit Just Got Real’ with that circus vibe piano sound. Muggs did say during his Smokebox episode that the beat from ‘Shit Just Got Real’ was going to be on the new Cypress album. He must have changed his mind or changed it up a bit. Nice little interlude though, I don’t mind the short ones.

Oh Na Na – Dope uptempo joint.

Holy Mountain (Interval) – The interludes are getting longer. This one takes me back to Temples of Boom type vibe with the indian instruments, like the beginning of ‘Illusions’.

Locos – Hard as fuck. Nothing else to say really. Sick Jacken on the hook, I wish he would have dropped a verse on this! Supposedly this is Part 2 to the Locotes track from Temples of Boom. Hence the 5 and 4 and 3 and 2 and 1...

Falling Down – Again with the hard as hell drums! Fuzzed out bassline. Another dope joint.

Elephant Acid (Interlude) - Another nice little interlude.

Insane OG – Hard as fukk. This joint is far too short though!! Less than 1 min 30?!! C’mon man! My only problem with this track is that it seems to be a lot quieter than the rest of the album, dunno if it’s poor mixing/mastering or what?? I think Band of Gypsies sounds a lot louder than everything else too.

The 5th Angel (Instrumental) – The complete opposite of the last track, too subdued and too long. Doesn’t build or go anywhere, just seems unneccessary.

Warlord – Holy fukn shit! This beat is the very epitome of EPIC!! Hard as fukk. Sen Dog sounded sick on this one. He’s really surprised me on this album.

Reefer Man – Never been a fan of this joint. Didn’t think it should have been included on the album seeing as it was on the Grow House soundtrack over a year ago. Brevi on the hook again.

Thru The Rabbit Hole (Interlude) – Hmmmm, a bit pointless. Overly long and doesn’t go anywhere.

Crazy – I don’t mind this joint at all. Cypress Hill always have one or two cheesy crossover joints on their albums. This one is no different. Dope hook by Brevi.

Muggs Is Dead – Was cool the first once or twice. Now it’s just uneccessary, far too long and detracts from the flow of the album.

Blood On My Hands – More hard dark shit. This should have been the album closer. The distorted hooks are getting a little annoying as well.

Stairway To Heaven – I kinda like the flute on the intro and outro of this track, but the rest of the joint as a whole is too mellow for me, closes the album on a subdued note.

I’d give this an 8/10. Top level shit. Very few people were expecting something this good from Cypress Hill in 2018. Muggs proved again he is a master of constructing cohesive albums. Fans of CH could not have asked for anything more in 2018. This is better than anything they’ve put out since IV, and it’s the most cohesive album they’ve done since Temples of Boom.

felipedahiphopadict01

posted Tuesday, February 19, 2019 3:12:12 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for felipedahiphopadict01
patch 82 i gotta agree with you 100000% as far as this being cypress dopest album in a long time

crOwcaine

Total Posts: 8849
posted Tuesday, February 19, 2019 3:19:37 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for crOwcaine
Muggs has caught fire since Gems. If only he cooked this album up in a 3-4 month span while he was in this MONSTER groove he's in right now it could have been something special. Don't get me wrong, it a decent album but I guarantee you 2013 Muggs was BURNT when it comes to hiphop and that's where 90% of this was produced. It's apparent with the drum and bass sounds and techniques spliced in throughout the album.

eseph84

Total Posts: 7966
posted Tuesday, February 19, 2019 4:07:16 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
IM READY FOR HELLS ROOF

bread = money

Total Posts: 303
posted Tuesday, February 19, 2019 4:45:07 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for bread = money
unlistenable noise.

All times are ET. The time now is 11:11 AM.Post viewed 451 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: