UndergroundHipHop.com 12 Days of Christmas
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (46) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
These Two Guilty Simpson Projects (random Axe & Oj)

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 5 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  These Two Guilty Simpson Projects (random Axe & Oj)
kingetje

Total Posts: 141
posted Wednesday, February 20, 2019 2:06:05 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for kingetje
So i never heard these 2 albums properly yet, crazily enough. I like Guilty. Ode to the Ghetto and Dice Game were enjoyed greatly by me, played the shit out of those.

I think i've read some mixed (negative) reviews about these 2 albums. They any good?

Black Milk has some bangers and Sean P GOAT'ish status, so I dont see how this can go too wrong, unless Milk goes too electro with it. Not a fan of that shit.

Madlib can also be amazing, yet from the lack of hype about this album in general, i got a bad feeling?

Partial IP: 224.194.89

eseph84

Total Posts: 7966
posted Wednesday, February 20, 2019 2:58:02 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
random axe is coo. i think at the time i expected more, but after seans untimely passing this is one i can go back to that sounds fresh, new, raw, & ahead of its time.

not to switch topics from guilty to P! but i really liked the metal detectors P! did w/ illah ghee last year, too. you hear that? plus the new sean p/small pro album, illah ghee kills that small pro nightmare on elm street-ish beat with ruck & rock! plus the one with curly castro, zilla rocca, and reef the lost cauze. plus anyone notice the show stealing droog verse on the other version of gotti? gino what happened to coroner?? lol

nah it's funny you brought up guilty king cuz he kills two verses on that new P! album and in the last few days from that i started thinking bout how i sleep on guilty's solo's for the most part usually a little after they come out. no doubt he always makes dope hip hop, their's no doubt about it, so if you haven't at least peeped them they are worth checking. plus he really slays them two verses on that sean p and small pro so check dat braaattt! lol

NightRider

Total Posts: 924
posted Thursday, February 21, 2019 7:49:18 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for NightRider
Guilty is boss!

"Ode to the Ghetto" and "Dice Game" are dope albums thru and thru you should check also "Detroit's Son" from 2015, I think was his last LP, but not sure...

"O. J. Simpson 2" with Madlib should be out this year too

NightRider

Total Posts: 924
posted Thursday, February 21, 2019 8:02:15 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for NightRider
And agree on Random Axe with eseph84, it's still one of my favorite albums by hip hop 'supergroups'!

Nassau William Senior

Total Posts: 4929
posted Thursday, February 21, 2019 10:04:55 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
check out The Mission EP Guilty did with Eric Lau...it's flames.

aeokq

Total Posts: 7536
posted Saturday, February 23, 2019 11:06:14 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for aeokq   Click Here to Email aeokq
Random Axe is dope, it has 5-6 amazing tracks. Random Call, Chewbacca, and The Hex are absolute flames. Wish Black Milk would go back to making beats like that. The rest of the album is inconsistent, remove the weak tracks and it would be classic.

Haven't listened to OJ Simpson in a while. I recall it just being okay. Had a mixtape type vibe, not very cohesive. A few nice tracks though.

All times are ET. The time now is 11:11 AM.Post viewed 371 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: