UndergroundHipHop.com 12 Days of Christmas
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (35) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Martin Shekeli Selling The Wu Tang Album On Ebay

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 77 replies
Page: 1 2
AuthorTopic:  Martin Shekeli Selling The Wu Tang Album On Ebay
Lit Jagger

Total Posts: 2275
Location: They call it the underground because that's where dead things are buried
posted Thursday, September 07, 2017 4:07:58 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lit Jagger
You think Martin is that stupid ? Selling it to m80 with promises of how M80 will play him more after he makes money off It? He could of done that himself . He's a savy business man, a real shark compared to m80 who is a bum that pretends to be in the wu tang with 3k followers.

Partial IP: 62.144.146

Seme__one

Total Posts: 1287
posted Thursday, September 07, 2017 7:04:43 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
shit faggers logic so stupid pawnt multiple times in thread

why not turn it around observe? Next board meeting at home depot propose home depot buy the album, and play it exclusively in their stores, you will go from zero to hero with all the new custom and maybe make ceo

recumbent_god

Total Posts: 8117
posted Thursday, September 07, 2017 11:22:04 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for recumbent_god
M80 and I have heard the album and discussed and to recoup after our business venture. Be assured, you all will enjoy this album.

#industryinsider

nl1995

Total Posts: 27
posted Thursday, September 07, 2017 1:38:21 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for nl1995
I want that album.

Partial IP: .55.240.98

Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 37917
posted Thursday, September 07, 2017 6:00:07 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
some_text

Partial IP: 73.63.89.4

s-agent

Total Posts: 3776
posted Thursday, September 07, 2017 6:01:07 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for s-agent
UGHH should get buy this

Phatbeets

Total Posts: 11674
Location: While everyone was looking up at the sun, i was looking at the birds and cats and insects going cray
posted Thursday, September 07, 2017 6:03:17 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Phatbeets
Lol at this well executed q&a. This pretentious asswhole just grew on me because of that.

Lit Jagger

Location: They call it the underground because that's where dead things are buried
posted Thursday, September 07, 2017 10:35:04 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lit Jagger
I told you Martin is cool phat. He was making money of rich cacs who could afford to pay him $750 per pill , no poor or middle class Person will pay that much . And all he did was buy the album since he's a music head and met with nothing but hate

PAhiphopFAN

Total Posts: 1857
Location: K-Pax, a subsidiary of the Planet of the Gods union
posted Wednesday, September 13, 2017 8:29:44 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for PAhiphopFAN
What was the final offer? Did it sell?

I see someone is selling OnceUponATimeInShaolin.com domain for $1500 (current bid)

wicked 22.2

Total Posts: 2424
posted Wednesday, September 13, 2017 8:48:58 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for wicked 22.2   Click Here to Email wicked 22.2
Trump bought it

Bluestratoss

Total Posts: 677
posted Wednesday, September 13, 2017 5:24:18 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Bluestratoss
I think skelli should remaster the album with additional stuff on it,

So get Crump doing ad-libs on every verse, and extra layering on every single verse and Dj bread does cuts on every song also

He then releases the album for sale digitally and destroys the original cd by throwing it into a flood

Sp 90s

Total Posts: 2527
posted Wednesday, September 13, 2017 8:25:19 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Sp 90s
Wow a funny post by bluestratos. Keep at it kid, that was a real zinger!

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Wednesday, September 13, 2017 10:18:15 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Update...

Convicted swindler Martin Shkreli was decreed a “danger to society” Wednesday and jailed by a federal judge following Facebook posts in which the loudmouth former drug company exec put a bounty out on Hillary Clinton’s hair.

Despite a groveling letter from the 34-year-old claiming the social media offering of $5,000 for a strand of the former secretary of state’s hair was an “awkward attempt at humor or satire,” Brooklyn federal court judge Kiyo Matsumoto revoked his $5 million bond and ordered him thrown behind bars.

“What’s so funny about that?” the seething judge, so angry she could barely speak, asked defense attorney Ben Brafman as a deflated Shkreli sat beside him, elbows on the defense table.

“One ongoing concern of mine is that he has been touted as a brilliant young man, the mind of his generation, yet he lacks the ability to understand what’s appropriate,” Matsumoto said of Shkreli, before deeming him a threat to the community.

The creepy Clinton posting, the climax of a series of other Facebook rants in which Shkreli seemed to suggest he intended to clone the failed Democratic presidential candidate, was scrubbed from his account after the Secret Service contacted him.

“On HRC’s book tour, try and grab a hair from her,” he wrote on Sept. 4. “I must confirm the sequences I have. Will pay $5,000 per hair obtained from Hillary Clinton.”

Judge Matsumoto also cited testimony in which a witness at Shkreli’s Ponzi scheme trial described him as being like the “Pied Piper.” The judge said that caused her to worry what any one of his 70,000 Facebook followers might do after such an inflammatory call to action.

Brafman continued to beg Matsumoto to reconsider throwing his client behind bars until his sentencing next year for the Ponzi scheme, saying “Judge, we’ll do anything you ask.”

But the jurist wasn’t buying it, and ordered the marshals to take the normally wisecracking so-called Pharma Bro into custody.

A suddenly pale Shkreli slipped a piece of paper in his briefcase before glancing at his attorneys. Then he followed the marshals out of the courtroom.

It was a far cry from his boasts to The Post in January, “I kind of think it would be exciting, you know, to spend six months or a year in prison.”

Prosecutor Jacquelyn Kasulis laughed off the defense’s attempts to change the judge’s mind.

“He can’t control Mr. Shkreli, that is very clear,” Kasulis insisted, gesturing to Brafman. “[Shkreli’s] demonstrated an escalating pattern of threats against women.

“He’s not special, by any stretch of the imagination,” she added. “He’s a convicted felon.”

In a Sept. 12 letter to Matsumoto, Shkreli apologized for the Clinton threat, which he called an “awkward attempt at humor or satire,” saying he never intended to “threaten” the former first lady.

Shkreli was convicted of defrauding hedge fund investors in early August, and faces up to 20 years behind bars when sentenced.

In the hours after jurors returned the mixed verdict, he announced on a Facebook livestream that prison — which he called “Club Fed” — wouldn’t be that bad.

“I’ll play basketball and tennis and Xbox,” he mused.

Shkreli will now languish in a maximum security federal jail in Brooklyn’s Sunset Park until at least his sentencing on Jan. 16, 2018 after which he could be transferred to another facility.

“F— the government,” Shkreli wrote on Facebook after prosecutors filed a motion asking the judge to revoke his hefty bond. “I will never kiss their ring or snitch. Come at me with your hardest because I haven’t seen anything impressive yet.”

“We are obviously disappointed, and believed the court arrived at the wrong decision, but she’s the judge,” Brafman said as the legal team left court with Shkreli’s distraught-looking father.

Shkreli rose to notoriety after purchasing the sole copy of the Wu-tang Clan album “Once Upon a Time in Shaolin” at auction in 2015 for $2 million, deciding he would keep it for only himself to hear before recently deciding to auction it off.

Later that year, he earned the moniker of “Most Hated Man in America” for jacking up the price of life-saving drug Daraprim 5,000 percent.

some_text

Tadow

Total Posts: 568
posted Friday, September 15, 2017 9:13:06 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Tadow
$1,006,600.00 with 55 minutes left

Tadow

Total Posts: 568
posted Friday, September 15, 2017 10:37:43 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Tadow
Sold

$1,025,100.00 [ 343 bids ]

NightRider

Total Posts: 364
posted Saturday, September 16, 2017 2:39:22 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for NightRider
MARTIN SHKRELI MIGHT HAVE PAID $2 MILLION FOR A FAKE WU-TANG ALBUM

Martin Shkreli came into fame in 2015 for all the wrong reasons. The weaselly hedge fund manager raised the price of a potentially life-saving AIDS drug from just over $13 to $750, putting him in the crosshairs of politicians and healthcare activists everywhere. But the medical field isn’t the only place he’s become a public enemy. Shkreli was also revealed as the buyer of the notorious one-of-one Wu-Tang Clan album, Once Upon a Time in Shaolin. In the past two years he’s subsequently dangled it through social media snippets and eBay auctions.

But now it seems that the joke may be on him.

In a new story in Bloomberg, it’s revealed that several affiliates of the Wu-Tang Clan, including the managers of both U-God and Method Man, don’t even consider Once Upon a Time in Shaolin an authorized Wu-Tang LP. Instead, they credit the album to the producer Cilvaringz, a Moroccan artist that, if you let Meth and U-God’s reps tell it, convinced RZA to cosign the project to boost its importance. Domingo Neris, U-God’s manager, says that Cilvaringz merely took bits and pieces of pre-recorded Wu-Tang vocals and formed a studio album around them. Method Man’s manager, James Ellis, asserts that when Method contributed to the work, there was no talk of a Wu-Tang album.

“We’re very detailed about the quality and how we put our best foot forward,” says Neris. “We would never have authorized anyone to put together a project and call it a Wu-Tang Clan record without us ever looking at it, hearing it or being in the same room together. That’s just the way these guys work.”

Initially, when the RZA announced the Once Upon a Time in Shaolin initiative, it was framed as a way to create a lasting piece of art, unlike the here-today-gone-tomorrow nature of modern music consumption. “We’re making a single-sale collector’s item,” said RZA to Forbes in 2014. “This is like somebody having the scepter of an Egyptian king.”

Since then, however, no one has been able to appreciate said art. Shkreli himself has admitted to not fully listening to it, despite being in possession of it for over two years.

As of now, even as Shkreli deals with having his bail in a fraud case revoked because of a Facebook post putting a bounty Hillary Clinton’s hair, the Once Upon a Time in Shaolin album is racking up bids on eBay. A recent bid has eclipsed the $1,000,000 mark. No matter how good Cilvaringz is, the person that wins that auction is going to be fairly heated if it turns out to be an LP by him, and not the rare Wu-Tang LP it’s supposed to be.

Lit Jagger

posted Sunday, September 17, 2017 10:43:59 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lit Jagger
Sold 1 million 20 thousand more than what m80 had in the bank 😂;😂;😂;😂;

es-ug

Total Posts: 159
posted Monday, September 18, 2017 12:35:33 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for es-ug
. The weaselly hedge fund manager raised the price of a potentially life-saving AIDS drug from just over $13 to $750,

aids drugs dont work!!! what a scam so raising the price saved lives cause aids drugs kill and deplete the immune system

Partial IP: .148.210.3

Bluestratoss

Total Posts: 677
posted Monday, September 18, 2017 3:25:40 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Bluestratoss
"" We’re very detailed about the quality and how we put our best foot forward,”"

Haha what absolute Bullshit, they'd slap together a thousand more projects for even less money than this particular cd.

Rza is the Wu, he called it a Wu Tang album so you can call it whatever you want, it was recorded unheard vocals of the Wu put on new beats, kinda sounds very similar to the process of umm, making an album? Stupid story to try and knock down skelli, yea he's an asshole but let's not be dumb enough to believe he hasn't purchased a Wu Tang album

This album was probably made in the same way as the other Wu albums

Ideal for podcasting

Total Posts: 640
posted Monday, September 18, 2017 6:14:41 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Ideal for podcasting
I think most mainstream hip hop albums are put together like that, not just Wu.

"Underground" artists are basically nerds who love hip hop and the whole recording process/mainstream artists are typically burnt out after the first big pay day and resort to the easy method of making music.

Lit Jagger

posted Monday, September 18, 2017 7:29:34 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lit Jagger
I forgot who said it, maybe Rae. But someone from Wu was talking about how all those affiliates under the Wu Flag aren't Wu. I think he was speaking about Chivilrings. Basically all these dudes that claim Wu

LEX718

Total Posts: 688
posted Monday, September 18, 2017 10:13:08 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for LEX718
I think it was Mef. I recently saw an interview where he was clarifying that he wasn't talking about Sunz of Man and Killarmy because they are actually their brothers.

Total Posts: 16695
posted Monday, September 18, 2017 10:15:54 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
lol at the smeagol drawing in clock's last post.

dj rolo

Total Posts: 2984
posted Monday, September 18, 2017 12:56:42 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
Shkreli the idiot for buying it in the first place

SC1989

Total Posts: 1701
posted Monday, September 18, 2017 1:07:51 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for SC1989
Kinda like the idiots Thaaaaaa Gooddddd and Mac hummus mug off.
At least 20 more people know who Ringz is than Tha Deadly Dump Duooooo

dj rolo

Total Posts: 2984
posted Monday, September 18, 2017 1:10:57 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
^sound like you hella mad

Clockworx (Admin)

posted Monday, September 18, 2017 9:44:26 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
Here's the interview...

Around the 5:10 mark Mef discusses Wu Fam.

All times are ET. The time now is 5:21 PM.Post viewed 1896 timesPage: 1 2
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: