Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (42) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Words Worth A Thousand Pictures By Hex One

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 145 replies
Page: 1 2 3
AuthorTopic:  Words Worth A Thousand Pictures By Hex One
Nassau William Senior

Total Posts: 2032
Location: Hot box, handsome on a hill, watchin' night lights stretch. A Los Angeles journalist like Fletch.
posted Monday, October 16, 2017 1:42:26 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
I've seen blu probably 5 times...always a good show. he's nothing special live, but I've never left disappointed.

he was a pretentious prick at one show, but that's not the first time an ughh artist had an ego.

Partial IP: 62.144.146

tippi dink

Total Posts: 4925
posted Monday, October 16, 2017 1:42:27 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
I still respect the fuck outta Aesop and loved his production on felt 3.

I almost went to see him on his last tour, but I missed out.

I legitimately want to see him again and start buying his music again. but not until I see him kill a live show.

ah okay, i guess i misunderstood you NWS. i typed that last response before i read that, not nearly as negative toward aes as i originally thought. at first it seemed like you were saying you saw him live once and was disappointing, so now hes dead to you or something lol. my bad.

tippi dink

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 1:46:36 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
yeah it did seem like all of these horror stories seemed to be around the same time and blu was talking crazy on twitter a while back, so maybe he was going through some shit that he had to sort out. i've yet to see him live so this is all just stuff i've heard from other people.

Nassau William Senior

Location: Hot box, handsome on a hill, watchin' night lights stretch. A Los Angeles journalist like Fletch.
posted Monday, October 16, 2017 1:51:24 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
slug would beat the fuck outta this dork.

how the fuck does this dude get to say the n word over and over in his lyrics? he's not even black. what a try hard, just like his fans.

Total Posts: 16514
posted Monday, October 16, 2017 1:54:11 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
I think you're nitpicking too much on the multis thing 88

i think lazy fans like you who don't "nitpick" are the worst thing for the music. the standards will not be high, if they are not expected to be held high.

There's nothing wrong with the rhymes being visible if effort is also put in the content

of course not. you're misunderstanding this whole conversation. treating the things i'm saying like they're hard rules, when they're not. they're soft rules. just like in basketball, where every individual play has to be approached by the player in its own unique way, and there can never be any hard rules that will appropriately apply to every single possible play, there can be no hard rules for rapping. or any art, for that matter.

but hex has so fundamentally failed at rapping by going full globetrotter. and lazy fans with low standards have fallen for it, just like when they fall for a globetrotter crossing over a washington general. meaningless multis are the worst, and that's what i'm talking about. you're mistaking this topic for some sort of lesson on hard rules, when (a) the rules are soft, (b) it's a case-by-case thing, and (c) we're talking about an extreme case here of an emcee misunderstanding form for function.

i wouldn't be saying all this if hex just had somewhat visible multis while still having content. he's an extreme case, where the multis are distractingly visible and the content is non-existent. there's a difference between your rhymes being visible and your rhymes being distractingly visible. i'm talking about the latter, but you seem to think i'm talking about the former.

Loewi

Total Posts: 4470
posted Monday, October 16, 2017 2:00:43 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Loewi
i think lazy fans like you who don't "nitpick" are the worst thing for the music. the standards will not be high, if they are not expected to be held high.

LOL who says I don't have high standards for other aspects of rapping? It's just when people nitpick on the more trivial aspects like multis, I'm like why?

SC1989

Total Posts: 1663
posted Monday, October 16, 2017 2:01:04 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for SC1989
So we all agree this is Nerd Rap and Wicky wants to trade skin colour with Don Lemon or do a MJ.
Wicky could be neighbours with Jonwayne
Blu spits the same subject matter as Slug.But Wicky will never say Blu is Nerd Rap
Think Wicky is confused as Tippi
Wicky wants to be black
Tippi wants to be a transantrecord

Nassau William Senior

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 2:05:34 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
Nerdcore is a genre of hip hop music characterized by themes and subject matter considered to be of general interest to nerds. As a niche genre, nerdcore generally holds to the DIY ethic, and has a history of self-publishing and self-production.
Though nerdcore rappers rhyme about anything from politics to science fiction, there are some perennial favorites in nerdcore subject matter, including Star Wars, role-playing games, science, fantasy and computers.

Nassau William Senior

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 2:10:41 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
weird how there is nothing about race or burbs in that definition.

just an explanation that epidemic is nerd rap and atmosphere is hip hop.

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 2:11:45 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
LOL who says I don't have high standards for other aspects of rapping? It's just when people nitpick on the more trivial aspects like multis, I'm like why?

the problem here, loewi, is that you're trying to dismiss my comments as "nitpicking". the implication being that i'm getting too micro about the whole situation.

which is the exact opposite of what i'm doing. i'm arguing that hex one has made a fundamental flaw on the rapping 101 level. how can i be nitpicking when i'm talking about big picture problems with hex one's abilities? your criticism is contradictory. it's an oxymoron. how can you nitpick a big problem? the last part of your sentence suggests you've misunderstood everything i've said. i'm not nitpicking multis, like they're some stand alone problem i have in the world. i'm arguing about how hex one's sole reliance on multis reveal a bigger problem/void in the rapper's abilities. multis are merely the gateway to realizing just how incompetent hex one is as a rapper.

maybe you like hex one and are just being dismissive as a defensive tactic? why not, instead of trying to bring down my argument against hex by discrediting me, make an argument in favour of hex. instead of convincing the people that the guy saying hex one sucks shouldn't be trusted, try to convince the people that hex one is great. make that argument. then we might be able to have a real conversation here.

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 2:12:42 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
Though nerdcore rappers rhyme about anything from politics to science fiction, there are some perennial favorites in nerdcore subject matter, including Star Wars, role-playing games, science, fantasy and computers.

lol, wicked pwnt.

SC1989

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 2:13:05 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for SC1989
^^
Wrong Nerd rap is about the voice man.The voiceee if Rock start spitting about intergalactic transvestites it would not be nerd rap cause he a black dude from the hood.
Same goes for Canibus he is far from Nerd Rap.

Loewi

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 2:14:48 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Loewi
I'm not even talking about Hex One. I'm talking about your opinion on Slug and Aesop Rock and your general argument on multis before you clarified it for me.

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 2:18:39 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
sorry if i'm coming at you here, loewi, but, if, after all i've written in this thread, after all the points i've made, you just try to dismiss it all with some remark about nitpicking - which is not only dismissive, discrediting, and lacking any argumentative value, but is also completely inaccurate - then that's an unfair and uncool move on your part, and you've asked for it. i don't care to continue it any further than i have, but don't say this isn't on you. because it is. it's a shitty move to try and discredit someone else's whole argument with some shrugging off comment. it's cowardly, to be honest. make a real counter argument. be real. shit. one of the most annoying things about the internet is the cowardly short remark people make to try and dismiss a whole argument.

Loewi

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 2:18:49 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Loewi
maybe you like hex one and are just being dismissive as a defensive tactic? why not, instead of trying to bring down my argument against hex by discrediting me, make an argument in favour of hex. instead of convincing the people that the guy saying hex one sucks shouldn't be trusted, try to convince the people that hex one is great. make that argument. then we might be able to have a real conversation here.

You also did the same thing to me when you posted that facepalm emoji and told me to stop lol

tippi dink

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 2:22:30 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
another definition of nerd rap:

"Hip hop based vocal music that attempts to express scientific, technological, or futuristic concepts using any style of lyricism as a vessel for it's message."

for example:

Yo, gather thoughts for the travels lost magnum force sparks
Smash a corpse into apple sauce, rap avatars, back track crash massive stars
Ragnarok's what these laws cost, pause, raw songs for them dogs crossed
Launch bombs from the gods palms grab ya cross
Mad applause for this album's clause, its source
But the hammer that forged man was flawed, its drawn, wrong

Word is bond let me correct, he shatters this vast galactic levee and jets
Ain't a set heavier he's met deadlier threats barely a vet
But the vexed envy he's wary of hasn't buried him yet, so he, walks past it
Talks fast with his jaw spastic, draws asterisks on mental walls,
Small fragments, its all graphic, the short whore the tall half wit
Stark accents, court orders, frauds acting, he starts laughing
This shit isn't really surprising to watch his body dematerializing
See he's realizing to leave the environment that keeps him
He must seek the assignment's completion
To flee the islands beach you must reach the horizon, so heed the advisement
Read me the fine print, bereave me with nonsense relieve the confinement
This speech be a diamond conceived via climate, a plea perceived via rhyming
All these bleak beliefs deceive me in silence, the gods inner, self

Loewi

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 2:22:42 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Loewi
I'm not even dismissing your argument on Hex One. I actually agree. I'm talking about you saying Slug is a weak rhymer and you shrugging it off when I called you out on that. I misinterpreted "visible rhyming" shit as nitpicking.

Loewi

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 2:27:55 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Loewi
If you clarified your point against my "There's nothing wrong with the rhymes being visible if effort is also put in the content" like you eventually did instead of initially shrugging it off, we wouldn't be here. Just saying

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 2:28:36 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
i see what you're saying, loewi. and i've acknowledged above that my opnion on slug is not necessarily a popular one. iiwii. i apologize for getting annoyed above.

i only "snoop face palm"ed your comment, because of the evidence that slug himself has said he sucks at rhyming. and you can make your counter argument that "Slug is wrong about his own craft", but i would contend that slug, a professional emcee, might be a better judge about good rhyming than you or i, so, if he says he sucks at rhyming, i think his word on the matter can be trusted more than yours. respectfully.

Loewi

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 2:32:24 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Loewi
Plenty of rappers are wrong about their own craft. You obviously think Hex One is wrong about his own craft and he's a professional rapper

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 2:38:48 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
yeah, but slug one's been around for decades, and is perhaps the most successful underground rapper of all time. hex one does not share those credentials.

it's like saying a seasoned/veteran salesman whose been selling for years and has a huge clientele base is on the same level of accountability as the cocky new kid that joined the sales team last week, and has yet to make a sale.

tippi dink

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 2:43:00 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
more like hex one-dimensional am i right?

am i the first one to make that joke?

how did y'all feel about that last epidemic album, one dimension on a paper?

SC1989

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 2:44:22 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for SC1989
Tippi you make that up?

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 2:55:41 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88

Nassau William Senior

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 2:58:32 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 3:06:28 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88

do americans recognize this, or was reboot just in canada?

tippi dink

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 3:25:20 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
they should have called their group epidural because their music is so boring that listening to it will make you numb

thank you, i'll be here all week

lil mex

Total Posts: 433
posted Monday, October 16, 2017 3:36:53 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for lil mex
gay

tippi dink

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 3:37:24 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
reboot was the shit 88, did you know they're rebooting reboot? last i heard it should air sometime next year.

this is my favorite canadian show

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 3:42:18 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
yeah, i knew they were doing that. i wonder if it'll still be a kids show, or if they're keeping with the audience that grew up with the show, and it'll be more serious now.

Nassau William Senior

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 3:42:29 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
I wonder if Wicked went to Tek's wedding over the weekend...

I hope he at least bought a gift off of their Target registry...

https://registry.theknot.com/tarena-bisulca-edwin-canela-october-2017/16777154

Nassau William Senior

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 3:43:40 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
https://registry.theknot.com/tarena-bisulca-edwin-canela-october-2017/16777154

tippi dink

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 3:49:58 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink

yeah, i knew they were doing that. i wonder if it'll still be a kids show, or if they're keeping with the audience that grew up with the show, and it'll be more serious now.

my expectations aren't very high at all, i saw a few stills of the show and it just looks generic as fuck, almost reminds me of that new power rangers movie lol. part of the charm of the original series was the shitty cgi which made it stand out. this just seems pointless tbh.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

Total Posts: 2689
posted Monday, October 16, 2017 3:50:33 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
only thing more long winded than hex ones string of rhymes is this thread. holy shit balls.

Seme__one

Total Posts: 1247
posted Monday, October 16, 2017 4:52:10 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
I never understand this nerd rap genre...does it really exist?

if so these were the first white nerd rappers

Nassau William Senior

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 4:54:10 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior

tippi dink

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 5:05:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
I never understand this nerd rap genre...does it really exist?

it does, but it's called nerdcore and those rappers proudly rep that subgenre/style of hip hop. i'm talking about artists like like mc frontalot, optimus rhyme, mega ran, mc chris, mc lars, ytcracker, sammus, and futuristic sex robotz. that's nerd rap/nerdcore. aesop rock, slug, and eyedea are not just because they're white and some other middle aged white dude on the internet doesn't like their voices.

Nassau William Senior

posted Monday, October 16, 2017 5:06:15 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
The funny thing about the whole NERD RAP discussion (which only concerns Wicked)...

Guru is the biggest nerd rapper, if you look at the facts. Grew up privileged in the Burbs - his dad was a Judge and his mom was co-director of libraries in the Boston public school system. They were rich as fuck.

The school he attended, Noble and Greenough School, has an average class size is 12.5. Tuition for the 20132014 academic year is $42,600 for day students and $48,400 for five-day boarding students.

Then he went to private college - NERD!!!!!! The annual list price to attend Morehouse College on a full time basis for 2016/2017 is $47,952 for all students regardless of their residency - RICH NERD!!!!!

Then this Guru NERD went to Fashion School - what a nerdy dork from the Burbs.

But you don't hear any of that from the Wicked...it's doesn't fit his narrative of "WHITE, NERDY".

no mask

Total Posts: 7649
Location: Litney spears' keeps his lupe butt plug inserted at all times
posted Monday, October 16, 2017 6:53:18 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^wickids whole false paradigm just shattered.

i didnt know gurus earlier life was so cushy. shit.

psychologically, wickid is just repressing his whiteness as he unconsciously resents it. typical self deception. ive seen many white "rap heads" that do that- generalize and hate on whites and white nerds, the burbs. its all bullshit. lord jamars white guilt having towel boys.

and i know through the grapevine slug is a cool as ice dude.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

Total Posts: 2689
posted Monday, October 16, 2017 6:56:11 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
lol at guru going to fashion school. he had some of the worst gear in rap history. wat was it called burlington coat factory technical college. wat a faggot.

Partial IP: 43.230.209

no mask

Total Posts: 7649
Location: Litney spears' keeps his lupe butt plug inserted at all times
posted Monday, October 16, 2017 6:59:27 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
always thought it was a bit weird guru and premo are both transplants but repping brooklyn like ther offical BK cats.

dj rolo

Total Posts: 2917
posted Monday, October 16, 2017 8:59:19 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
listening to this now...shit sound real dope, i can't front...salute Hex

Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 37769
posted Monday, October 16, 2017 9:44:11 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
No way I'm reading through this thread but this gonna be Wickeds reaction when he sees it got damn near 150 posts...

some_text

Partial IP: 73.63.89.4

Nassau William Senior

posted Tuesday, October 17, 2017 2:20:16 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
Let me summarize for Wicked with bullet points:

1. Epidemic is officially NERD RAP
2. Slug is officially black
3. Aesop Rock is dope as fuck
4. Hex-One is short for Hex One-Dimensional
5. Guru is biggest NERD RAPPER of all time
6. Tek registered at Target for his wedding

SC1989

posted Tuesday, October 17, 2017 2:29:53 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for SC1989
Hex One-Dimensional.Hahaha NERDDDDDD
NERRRRRDDDDDD: https://youtu.be/IRsPheErBj8
Rakim is just stupidly nerdy
So many Nerds in Hip Hop.

i didnt know gurus earlier life was so cushy. shit.
His life was always cushy by the sound of it.

All times are ET. The time now is 9:02 PM.Post viewed 1588 timesPage: 1 2 3
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: