Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (48) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
A Question About Dr. Dre's Production - Ghost Producers? Daz?

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 27 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  A Question About Dr. Dre's Production - Ghost Producers? Daz?
Mental Patient UGHH Artist

Total Posts: 3296
posted Sunday, August 27, 2017 5:52:08 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mental Patient
Not taking anything away from Dr. Dre.

But I heard things like Daz - or someone from his camp produced beats credited under Dre. Not sure id that's true or not.

I know Dre forsees a lot, produces and is an incredible mix engineer.

That being said - tracks like WHats the difference, Nothing but a G thang, Been there done that - Big Egos - are they fully produced by Dre?

If not - I'd like to know the names of - and dope work by these so called Ghost producers

Lit Jagger jogged my mind with this from his Daz thread.

Partial IP: 62.144.146

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

Total Posts: 2028
posted Sunday, August 27, 2017 9:18:49 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
ur dangerously close to getting on my last nerve. id never ban u and im not deleting ur shit but wowwy, ur reaching bluestratos levels lately.

posted Sunday, August 27, 2017 9:20:27 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mental Patient
Why are my threads being bumped up so much? Now it looks like I'm spamming, but I'm not.
I'm not bumping them up. If you did bump them on purpose cool. If people are
doing it to try to make look bad, don't do that.

The dates on the bump ups are old? It's very sneaky.

They are being Ghost-bumped and humped!

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Sunday, August 27, 2017 9:24:16 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
i thought it was u and it wasnt. my apologies crumpie

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Sunday, August 27, 2017 9:25:25 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
that said, this topic kinda blows and is a bit of a bait for trolls and arguing. im sure this will reach 2 pages.

posted Sunday, August 27, 2017 9:29:24 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mental Patient
Daddy Alfredo (Admin) - Are you seeing what's going on?

Like 5 of my old threads got bumped up - and it looks like I'm spamming.

You go to one thread and the last bump up was in July.

It's like some mod is ghost bumping it.

I am following the rules here.

Whoevers doing that needs to chill.

You see what I'm saying Alfredo?

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Sunday, August 27, 2017 9:31:08 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
^^^ur not gonna get banned. and if clock sees u saying this and that i see its not u, ur fine. but yea, ultra annoying

posted Sunday, August 27, 2017 9:39:36 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mental Patient
Okay cool - I just hope that's out there.

This thread was not meant for bait.

I'm honestly curious if my favorite Dre beats aren't even produced by him and there's someone else I should check for - if that is the case.

I'll scour the net for the info tho.

no mask

Total Posts: 7025
posted Sunday, August 27, 2017 9:50:46 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
ghost bumps. lol

dre has lots of help but thats what a lot of big budget producers do in many genres. dre has lots of talent though. as far as ghosts for dre-mel-man and daz are 2 big ones and dj quik i think too.

Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 37343
posted Sunday, August 27, 2017 9:54:49 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
sam bait thread.

I think it's common knowledge that Dre has had help in the past with production on some of his tracks as he's co-produced a buttload of songs.

posted Sunday, August 27, 2017 9:58:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mental Patient
Yay! The motherfucking M.O.D Clock is in da spot! Hope you saw what was going on.

I'm gonna check Daz' production.

On another note Daddy Alfredo - I think you're a great ddition to the moderating team at ughh.com for 2 reasons.

1. You've taken responsibility in the past

2. You reach down and talk to the mere "Regular non-mod" posters

So I appreciate that.

Clock you're doing superb as well.

I just feel in general ughh.com has grown more mature - which is better than the whippersnapper days of the past.

no mask

posted Sunday, August 27, 2017 10:04:00 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
dre can do it himself but big budget producers like having like 50 people involved in producing an album. when you think about it- its genius- many creative minds. dre likes to get the new fresh talent too and use them while also training/initiating them.

Lit Jagger

Total Posts: 1639
Location: I like cartoons, southern cities wit lrg moons, faith healers, ex female drug dealers & art booms
posted Sunday, August 27, 2017 11:21:25 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lit Jagger
Dre has had his hand in like 10 classic albums, Daz has had his hand in like 5 classic albums . Alchemist hasn't had his hand in one classic album. His biggest hit is jadakiss we gonna make it that was in the radio for 3 months and left. That is his claim to fame. 🙄;🙄;🙄; alc plays that at all his shows still riding the coat tails of a mediocre song🙄;🙄;🙄;

no mask

posted Sunday, August 27, 2017 11:24:41 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^once again, observe exhibiting his ultra conformist mainstream tendencies.

dope is not dictated by how popular shit was to non rap heads.

posted Sunday, August 27, 2017 11:29:23 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mental Patient
Lit Jagger - I disagree fam. Alchemist has had his hand in rap classic Murda Muzic by rap duo Mobb Deep from Queens New York.....you bitch you (In Snoop's voice)

no mask

posted Sunday, August 27, 2017 11:34:09 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
having hands in a classic or 5 dosnt mean your dope. and not having a hand in a classic is a minimal factor in determining dope too. so, weak, one dimensional argument dawg.

but alc has had his hand in many rap classics.

mAdkAp

Total Posts: 3368
Location: i'mma hot boy - so i 'mma get it how i live.CHYEAAA
posted Monday, August 28, 2017 12:40:37 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for mAdkAp
Mark how do you not know this ?

This is definetly a bluestross-type thread.

You guys are leaving out a lot of people like Yella,Warren G,Sam Sneed,Scott Storch,all kinds of people.

The thing for years in hip-hop people thought the guy that found the sample &/or the beat was the producer.Credit that to I don't know - maybe ignorance?

I don't know who produced Nirvana's Nevermind album but I'm pretty sure whoever it was didn't write any music or come up with any lyrics.They just produced it,It's a job within itself.

Having like 50 people working on rhymes and beats for a hip hop project comes from the Eazy E blueprint.Kayne does it too, Drake,lots of people do.

no mask

posted Monday, August 28, 2017 1:36:06 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^iys different in rap though.

Bluestratoss

Total Posts: 597
posted Monday, August 28, 2017 1:49:17 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Bluestratoss
Poppa freddy why you gotta smear my name in a thread that's nothing to do with me????

Good topic though model, I heard cold 187 did a lot of the production you are referring to

mAdkAp

posted Monday, August 28, 2017 1:53:21 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for mAdkAp
^but why is it ?^

It's always happened.Eric B never did anything,It's just more public now.And honestly it's worse in hip-hop because of the "hip hop producer perception" that's different it makes them inclined not to give writing credit,publishing,basically $$$$ to the people helping them.Which of course is unethical and bad business.

I will say this - I can't take a rapper that doesn't write his lyrics himself seriously.I can still like a catchy song but as an mc I don't take them seriously.

As far female mcs go - I think I've been condtioned more towards accepting that through the Kims,Foxys etc..

another Dre ghost producer - All those Pittsburgh cats.Dre took them from Deathrow when he left except J-Flexx,J-Flexx had done stuff for Dre at Deathrow.

posted Monday, August 28, 2017 2:06:25 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Mental Patient
mAdkAp - True. But that's why I respect the EPMD, or Necro blueprint. Where it's pretty much just them. The truth. Lone producers as in completing the beat solo - no more hands in the kitchen to fart in the stew and make fart bubbles fly in the land and pop where Wicked22 djs. Who needs that? Nobody.

However it does indeed work for Dr. Dre.

Nirvana was pretty much them. Or I don't know - Butch Vig was their mix engineer I think who was great - but Kurt did a lot of the work.

You know who's cool and I just discovered? Mac Dre - he's dope as fuck!

mAdkAp

posted Monday, August 28, 2017 5:45:28 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for mAdkAp
yeah I know Butch Vig produced Nevermind,I just didn't want to get off topic.He's a big time producer,he's actually remixed some hip hop songs.

And of course Kurt is going to have a lot to with Nevermind as a finished product.That was his vehicle,There's documentation where he storyboarded the whole SLTS video like 10 years before it came out,I'm sure he doesn't get credit as a director because he didn't direct it but all the locations/concepts/themes it all came from him.

It was his vision,he just didn't direct it.

sort of like the guy that found the sample didn't necessarily produce the record.

no mask

posted Monday, August 28, 2017 6:06:00 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
with rap it means they made the beat and/or had main input into the recording somehow with other genres like rock -produced dosnt mean they made any of the music but means they had a say how things were played, what effects were used-directed the recording etc.

dj rolo

Total Posts: 2721
posted Monday, August 28, 2017 8:46:47 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for dj rolo
one of Dre biggest ghost producers is Mel-Man, i'm pretty sure it is well known

mAdkAp

posted Tuesday, August 29, 2017 3:36:12 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for mAdkAp
No Mask, honestly I think you are underestimating what Dre brings to the table.He's one of the best mixers in the world,It's like him and Devante Swing.

Outside of that,listen to the Doggystle demos.The Warren G/Daz versions are fairly different then the Dre final mixes.He has way better drums,adds concepts,live instruments,bridges, etc...

The album probably would not be the 10/10 classic it is without Dre's input.

I think it's messed up when the the co-producer doesn't credit ie/ $$$$$.That's why people here will say Mel Man a is a ghost producer but they don't say Chris "The Glove" Taylor is a ghost producer(he did a lot more then The Firm) because for years none of them got credit ie/$$$.

no mask

posted Tuesday, August 29, 2017 6:57:31 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
^naw, i gave dre props above saying hes super talented and can produce himself but is into the big group effort style with many people helping. i know dres a wizard on "da boards"- mixing etc. he supposedly made most of the beats on relapse himself.

morefishscale

Total Posts: 249
posted Wednesday, August 30, 2017 6:37:22 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for morefishscale
Scott Storch claimed he made some beats and Dre slapped his name on it

NoHeadlights

Total Posts: 53488
Location: a far cry from riding around in a BMW off the coast of Spain with a model in the passenger seat
posted Thursday, August 31, 2017 12:14:58 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for NoHeadlights
Kurupt produced alot of dres stuff

All times are ET. The time now is 8:05 PM.Post viewed 711 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: