UndergroundHipHop.com Black Friday Sale
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (51) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Rip Dj Stef

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 7 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Rip Dj Stef
Nassau William Senior

Total Posts: 2032
Location: Hot box, handsome on a hill, watchin' night lights stretch. A Los Angeles journalist like Fletch.
posted Monday, October 02, 2017 4:55:06 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
Stephanie Ornelas, a graphic designer, developer and writer whose work as a trailblazing musician and disc jockey was deeply respected across San Francisco Bay Area music scenes, died suddenly Sunday, according to reports on social media.

Ornelas, also known as DJ Stef, was the founder of the Vinyl Exchange, a music community newsletter whose debut in the mid-1990s saw it document record-collector culture’s rise and fueled its expansion into print and online platforms.

A graduate of Concord’s Mt. Diablo High School and San Francisco State University, Ornelas built a striking portfolio of design work across graphic, Web and audio projects still on display at her design site.

“I enjoy concepting as much as comping. I love to draw. I love pop culture and like to stay on top of trends. I also collect records, DJ and promote music events,” Ornelas said in her LinkedIn profile.

According to her DJStef415.com site, Ornelas had finished a third-Saturday summer residency at Drake’s Dealership in Uptown Oakland.

In a biographical statement on Bay Area lifestyle and entertainment site SFStation, Ornelas outlined something like a mission statement for her championing of musicians and bands.

“My record collection is deep with soul, disco, punk, various ’70s, ’80s and ’90s styles and a wide range of dance music, but hip-hop and rap from the early days to the present are its core,” she said.

“Although you’ll see ‘Don’t book me, I’m retired’ here (if you look closely), don’t believe it. I’m happy to keep playing as long as people want to listen.”

No information on the circumstances of her death was immediately available late Sunday.

Partial IP: 62.144.146

eseph84

Total Posts: 5941
posted Tuesday, October 03, 2017 12:42:26 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
sad man, a lot of peeps been messed up by this.

sounds like she was every single guy on here's dream girl

r.i.p.

Lit Jagger

Total Posts: 2275
Location: They call it the underground because that's where dead things are buried
posted Tuesday, October 03, 2017 1:51:24 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lit Jagger
Not my dream girl. My dream girl is MIA , not some broke white female DJ that wears tee shirts

eseph84

posted Tuesday, October 03, 2017 1:56:38 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
she was spanish and ASIAN u prick, ooo now wicked gonna beat that ass

worldstar!!!!!

Lit Jagger

Total Posts: 2275
Location: They call it the underground because that's where dead things are buried
posted Tuesday, October 03, 2017 2:01:09 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lit Jagger
That's still white in my book

tippi dink

Total Posts: 4947
posted Tuesday, October 03, 2017 2:08:48 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
if you're not black you're white, that's just how it goes

eseph84

posted Tuesday, October 03, 2017 4:14:25 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
That's still white in my book- obeserve

so are you

embrace it u cac-o-lantern

WiCkEd22

Total Posts: 36014
Location: SF Bay Area www,twitter,com/BayAreaWicked audiomack,com/artist/wicked22 www,hulkshare,com/wicked22
posted Tuesday, October 03, 2017 11:02:18 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for WiCkEd22   Click Here to Email WiCkEd22

Such a sad loss... R.I.P

All times are ET. The time now is 5:12 PM.Post viewed 468 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: