UndergroundHipHop.com 12 Days of Christmas
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (22) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
:: K - Def_featuring Artifacts - “ Left In My Dust ” (audio) ::

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 54 replies
Page: 1 2
AuthorTopic:  :: K - Def_featuring Artifacts - “ Left In My Dust ” (audio) ::
WiCkEd22

Total Posts: 36074
Location: SF Bay Area www,twitter,com/BayAreaWicked audiomack,com/artist/wicked22 www,hulkshare,com/wicked22
posted Monday, August 28, 2017 4:22:21 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for WiCkEd22   Click Here to Email WiCkEd22

Such a dope fuckin joint! Straight up 90s flava done right. Available on 7inch Vinyl...

Buy Vinyl: shopify.undergroundhiphop.com/products/k-def-and-the-artifacts-left-in-my-dust-7-vinyl-single-record

Partial IP: 24.7.51.51

wicked 22.2

Total Posts: 2424
posted Monday, August 28, 2017 8:27:33 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for wicked 22.2   Click Here to Email wicked 22.2
THx Sean. I've wanted to buy this for a while now but wanted to hear the track in full first. It's daffy.

Partial IP: 62.144.146

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

Total Posts: 3037
posted Monday, August 28, 2017 12:34:15 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
cosign shaun. k -def is surely 90's shit done right. its not forced or cheesy or a direct rip off of something before it by actual 90s producers like that euro shit.

WiCkEd22

Location: SF Bay Area www,twitter,com/BayAreaWicked audiomack,com/artist/wicked22 www,hulkshare,com/wicked22
posted Monday, August 28, 2017 1:29:41 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for WiCkEd22   Click Here to Email WiCkEd22

^Word up.

Partial IP: 7.77.75.59

WiCkEd22

posted Monday, August 28, 2017 1:30:39 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for WiCkEd22   Click Here to Email WiCkEd22

^But I disagree with your comments regarding Euro producers. *shrugs*

Partial IP: 7.77.75.59

Phatbeets

Total Posts: 11674
Location: While everyone was looking up at the sun, i was looking at the birds and cats and insects going cray
posted Monday, August 28, 2017 1:35:10 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Phatbeets
ginos repeated hateful comment is absolute non sense coming from an instro head. Oh well.

Its free btw

WiCkEd22

posted Monday, August 28, 2017 2:47:04 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for WiCkEd22   Click Here to Email WiCkEd22

^Yup. He's a moron who hates for no real reason. Dope HipHop beats are dope HipHop beats regardless where the producer is from.

Lit Jagger

Total Posts: 2275
Location: They call it the underground because that's where dead things are buried
posted Monday, August 28, 2017 3:05:02 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lit Jagger
Only UK hip hop I fuck with is grime. I was playing the skepta Pandora statistation in my whip yesterday. New grime is dope

Nassau William Senior

Total Posts: 2120
Location: Hot box, handsome on a hill, watchin' night lights stretch. A Los Angeles journalist like Fletch.
posted Monday, August 28, 2017 3:38:19 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
Dope HipHop beats are dope HipHop beats regardless where the producer is from.

What a stupid argument. Do you watch and follow the Japanese baseball league like you watch and follow MLB? It's still quality baseball regardless where it's from.

marley cowboy

Total Posts: 33
posted Monday, August 28, 2017 3:39:45 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for marley cowboy
that Matt kid is gonna be a star player in japan

Partial IP: 15.136.111

tippi dink

Total Posts: 5135
posted Monday, August 28, 2017 3:55:58 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
What a stupid argument. Do you watch and follow the Japanese baseball league like you watch and follow MLB? It's still quality baseball regardless where it's from.

i don't think that's the best comparison of the language barrier. assuming that there's not english commentary readily available for the NPB. it's clearly japanese, there's no way you can watch that and not notice. the better comparison would be french hip hop with rapping, and most people who don't speak french would be immediately turned off by that. if you're just talking about instrumentals though there's really no difference, you could hear a beat and you wouldn't be able to tell if the producer was from germany, london, new york, or los angeles. that's a universal language.

tippi dink

posted Monday, August 28, 2017 3:57:24 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
because of the language barrier*

WiCkEd22

posted Monday, August 28, 2017 4:06:07 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for WiCkEd22   Click Here to Email WiCkEd22

Only UK hip hop I fuck with is grime.

^You're confused. Grime is it's own genre separate from HipHop. If you actually listened to that trash you'd know this. Grime artists say this too "This is not HipHop, this is Grime."

if you're just talking about instrumentals though there's really no difference, you could hear a beat and you wouldn't be able to tell if the producer was from germany, london, new york, or los angeles. that's a universal language.

^EXACTLY. NWS bein stoopid... smh

And NWS, your baseball comparison is laughable. Get real. I love baseball, but I only like watchin MLB and the World Baseball Classic.

Nassau William Senior

Location: Hot box, handsome on a hill, watchin' night lights stretch. A Los Angeles journalist like Fletch.
posted Monday, August 28, 2017 4:13:36 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
Tippi - The language has nothing to do with the product. You could watch Japanese Baseball with no sound on. Would you get the same experience as watching a MLB game with no sound? It's still baseball.

But to play along, what language are the CFL broadcasters speaking? I would assume English. Why don't all NFL football fans watch the CFL? It's still football.

SC1989

Total Posts: 1701
posted Monday, August 28, 2017 4:20:07 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for SC1989
Only UK hip hop I fuck with is grime. I was playing the skepta Pandora statistation in my whip yesterday. New grime is dope

Your a fucking idiot and New Grime sucks

Lit Jagger

Location: They call it the underground because that's where dead things are buried
posted Monday, August 28, 2017 4:20:11 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lit Jagger
The only good rap is American rap

Lit Jagger

posted Monday, August 28, 2017 4:26:22 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lit Jagger
Lol at New grime sucking. Yeah I'm not gonna take some Euro cacs opinion seriously about black UK music

Lit Jagger

posted Monday, August 28, 2017 4:27:31 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lit Jagger
CarriCarribean and Japan have better players than the MLB

Phatbeets

Location: While everyone was looking up at the sun, i was looking at the birds and cats and insects going cray
posted Monday, August 28, 2017 4:39:00 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Phatbeets
NWS sounds like Donald itt

Nassau William Senior

posted Monday, August 28, 2017 4:47:27 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior

tippi dink

posted Monday, August 28, 2017 4:49:42 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i wouldn't get the same experience watching a NPB game as i would an american baseball game. but in that scenario if you watched professional japanese baseball long enough to get invested and recognize the players then it would be the same thing as american baseball, you're just watching dudes hit a ball and run around. the thing is, the sound and cultural aspects adds to the experience. if you watch a japanese baseball game, it's obviously foreign. there's no way around that. regardless, i still don't think that's a good analogy at all.

you can't tell if a beat was made by an american producer or a japanese one. that's not just hip hop either, that's all music without vocals. if i sent you japanese (mono), scottish(mogwai), american (this will destroy you) bands, you'd have no way of knowing which is which unless someone told you. if you disagree with this, please explain what you think the difference is based on sound alone.

Nassau William Senior

posted Monday, August 28, 2017 5:15:00 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
You're missing my point.

In Wicked's fake universe...If I'm a true Basketball head, I will be watching basketball in the US, Europe, Asia, Australia, South America, etc. Basketball is worldwide. And it's still quality basketball no matter where it's from.

But in reality, the universe that I reside in, you only like the NBA if you are from the US. You don't follow any basketball outside of the US, period. We invented this shit...you come here if you are the best in the world. Same thing with hip hop...we invented this shit. Blow up out here and I'll notice (Slick Rick, MF Doom). The US market is the NBA of Hip Hop.

And my last point...if you grow up in Australia, you love the Australian basketball players and league, but you love Lebron and the NBA more. They idolize the NBA over their country's league since we invented this shit. This is similar in hip hop. Every Euro producer is copying Pete Rock or J Dilla because they idolize hip hop over here. Be original for fucks sake. Or step in the NBA of hip hop and see if you can play with the big boys - move here and start moving some units, doing shows, making a real name for yourself. Selling 50 copies through bandcamp to Wicked, Phatbeets and 48 other "hip hop heads" is so fucking simple and easy. Just ask Fahim or Crumple. It takes zero REAL talent.

SC1989

Total Posts: 1701
posted Monday, August 28, 2017 5:22:08 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for SC1989
Yeah I'm not gonna take some Euro cacs opinion seriously about black UK music
Iam from the UK so I know more than you knob jockey
New Grime is shit like you

Nassau William Senior

posted Monday, August 28, 2017 5:22:26 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
And I know that sounds like I'm on a pedestal but I'm really not. It's just the truth.

If you invented something, you have a strong belief that no one can do it better. Peace to The DOC.

tippi dink

posted Monday, August 28, 2017 5:32:47 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
no i got your point, but i don't think it applies here. most american people watch american sports because that's what they're familiar with, they're rooting for their country, other american players. they're invested in it, that's the whole point of watching sports. music is music, especially when it's instrumental. there's no face attached to it, any person could make any type of music. music is far more visceral and personal, so a good beat from west coast producer is going to hit you the same way that a beat from germany will.

it's true that MOST people will stick to american music, but that's because they would rather stick to what they know, what's familiar to them. that doesn't mean the other stuff isn't good or isn't worth noticing though, you could watch a japanese baseball game. if this dude hits 10 home runs in a row, then he's a good player right? or would you say "yeah he's good.. but he's japanese so it doesn't count." if someone watched the NBA and a japanese basketball league would that somehow be wrong of them? i really don't understand why you think a producer from outside the us is automatically wack. are french painters worse than american painters by default? what about movies? books? art is art.

WiCkEd22

posted Monday, August 28, 2017 5:49:53 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for WiCkEd22   Click Here to Email WiCkEd22

Jfc NWS! Tippi is on point here 100%. Who cares if HipHop was invented here. That would be like saying since it was invented in the Bronx then HipHop from anywhere else in the US can't ever be as good or better. Get real. Your argument is really dumb here. Step yoar game up... smh

Nassau William Senior

posted Monday, August 28, 2017 6:14:40 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
Wicked, we are trying to have an educated conversation. Can you take your 40k income and "word up" outta here and go reply "no diggety" to another thread, thanks!

Tippi -

"so a good beat from west coast producer is going to hit you the same way that a beat from germany will." - not me.

"if this dude hits 10 home runs in a row, then he's a good player right? or would you say "yeah he's good.. but he's japanese so it doesn't count." - that's exactly what I would say. It doesn't count. Do you remember when the media was trying to say that Ichiro passed Pete Rose with the all time hits record? MLB said the hits in Japan don't count.

"i really don't understand why you think a producer from outside the us is automatically wack." - I never said that.

"are french painters worse than american painters by default? what about movies? books? art is art." - you would have to educate me on the origin of each art form. I don't know anything about where or who invented painting, movies or books. And those art forms have been around for much longer so hard to compare them to a 40 year history like hip hop.

If the hip hop from other countries is so great, why don't they sell units in the biggest hip hop market in the world, the US? They sell 50-100 copies to bedroom DJ's, fact. Blogs and internet dweebs post about it and some kid in Milpitas thinks he's "found" something. Now he's spending $40, that he got from his girl or parents, to buy an album that will played once or twice and quickly forgotten. Talk about being a pawn in a game called life.

gumby

Total Posts: 6790
Location: This music is like boom bap hip hop. it makes me want to punch american male in face and run shit
posted Monday, August 28, 2017 6:53:08 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for gumby
I really dont like UK hiphop...

Their voices annoy me. They ruin really cool beats the very second they open their mouths and start speaking words through their filthy looking teeth.

tippi dink

posted Monday, August 28, 2017 7:55:36 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
not me.

why won't it? that's what you haven't elaborated on, you haven't give any explanation yet on how you cant tell where a producer is prom just by hearing their beat, or why a producer from the uk or germany couldn't be as good as one from the US. you just keep talking about sports, which is ENTIRELY based on statistics vs music/art which is subjective. if you're going based on statistics, then every mainstream rapper is better than every single underground/independent rapper or anyone who sells less copies.

that's exactly what I would say. It doesn't count. Do you remember when the media was trying to say that Ichiro passed Pete Rose with the all time hits record? MLB said the hits in Japan don't count.

don't count towards what? the MLB is an american league, so of course a player from outside of the country and league won't count. but overall, i don't see how it doesn't in the grand scheme of things. where are people going to see japanese baseball anyway, in english with english text on the screen? is this being aired on american channels? it probably doesn't even cross most american's minds because they're not exposed to it.

you would have to educate me on the origin of each art form. I don't know anything about where or who invented painting, movies or books. And those art forms have been around for much longer so hard to compare them to a 40 year history like hip hop.

none of them were invented in the united states. the first three films were made by a french inventor, does that mean that french films are automatically the best and no film from another country could be good? paintings go all the way back ancient civilizations with cave paintings. does that mean they're the best because they did it first?

If the hip hop from other countries is so great, why don't they sell units in the biggest hip hop market in the world, the US? They sell 50-100 copies to bedroom DJ's, fact. Blogs and internet dweebs post about it and some kid in Milpitas thinks he's "found" something. Now he's spending $40, that he got from his girl or parents, to buy an album that will played once or twice and quickly forgotten. Talk about being a pawn in a game called life.

many different reasons, but mainly because of lack of exposure and people who aren't willing to step outside their comfort zone and are overly judgemental. it's pretty much xenophobia. i get not wanting to listen to rappers from the uk because you can't get past the accent, but that's because there's an actual difference because of the accent and the slang they use. but beats? come the fuck on lol. the reason music from the US sells more in the US is because it's from the US, you're more likely to hear about them. manga is way bigger in japan then it is here because it's from japan, and american comics are bigger in america. that has nothing to do with the quality of the art though. uk artists are huge in the uk, because they have exposure there and that's what they're used to. what's different about a producer from another country who has the same influences as a producer from the united states? what's different about their beats? when i'm going through and listening to different tracks on soundcloud or bandcamp, i'm not paying attention to where the artist is from until after i actually listen to the track, and that's just out of curiosity.

tippi dink

posted Monday, August 28, 2017 8:04:52 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
agree to disagree though i guess, lol

wicked 22.2

Total Posts: 2424
posted Monday, August 28, 2017 8:21:05 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for wicked 22.2   Click Here to Email wicked 22.2
tldr

WiCkEd22

posted Tuesday, August 29, 2017 10:00:18 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for WiCkEd22   Click Here to Email WiCkEd22

NWS is a moron, straight up. smdh

Nassau William Senior

posted Tuesday, August 29, 2017 10:09:08 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
^^Great contribution to the conversation.

Nassau William Senior

posted Tuesday, August 29, 2017 10:24:45 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
Tippi - We are in a circle jerk since the internet sucks for having a conversation or debate.

My last point:

I'm not saying, "I am right and you are wrong". I think we are both right since its our opinion. I can't speak for anyone else because I don't live where they live. I live in Southern California, the mecca for underground hip hop. There are producers and emcees that are everywhere right in my backyard. There is literally one dope show every single night where you can see that artist perform. When you have that close of a connection - they grew up in your neighborhood, they have the same influences as you, they are performing shows regularly right around the corner, you get a closer connection to their music (at least for me).

Tippi - I would guess that if you grew up in LA, and were heavily involved in the hip hop scene, all of the Low End Theory cats would be your favorite artists (which I know you are a big fan as is). You would be going to events daily or weekly and your love for bandcamp and soundcloud would just fade. Your love for music outside of your local scene, and outside of the US, would fade. Your love for the Low End Theory cats, and other local acts that you would discover, would increase dramatically with the accessibility you would have with them and their music.

And I have no idea where you live in Canada, so maybe you have some amazing hip hop scene with some great artists. But in SoCal, the scene is big enough to have zero desire to listen to some producer from France that is making beats that I heard 20+ years ago. Even if it's well done. I'd rather listen to Exile again and again and again since I'm going to see him this week.

tippi dink

posted Tuesday, August 29, 2017 10:58:29 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
well first off NWS, i don't live in canada. i live in new york, i don't know why people keep assuming i live outside of the US just because i enjoy music from all over the world lol.

I would guess that if you grew up in LA, and were heavily involved in the hip hop scene, all of the Low End Theory cats would be your favorite artists (which I know you are a big fan as is). You would be going to events daily or weekly and your love for bandcamp and soundcloud would just fade. Your love for music outside of your local scene, and outside of the US, would fade. Your love for the Low End Theory cats, and other local acts that you would discover, would increase dramatically with the accessibility you would have with them and their music.

you're right that i'd be going to those shows every night, but you're completely wrong that my love for non-local artists would fade. that's completely ridiculous to me. i honestly don't give a shit about where the music i listen to comes from, i only care about how it sounds and if it resonates with me. i like hip hop from the east coast, the westcoast, the midwest, the south, canada, the uk, japan. there's artists with vocalists that don't even sing in english that i reall dig, like alcest and sigur ros.

not every producer is making 90's boom bap beats anyway, they're making stuff that's similar to what you're hearing now. who was making beats like lamplighter, doctor zygote, chemo, ghosttown, or greenwood sharps 20 years ago? chemo is one of my favorite producers out there right now, and he's from the UK. what about the french producer dela?

i get what you're saying though, but that's what works for you. i you don't want to put the effort in to find new stuff outside of your local scene or you don't feel the need to, then that's understandable. that's not how it is for me at all though, i love hearing new sounds, ideas, experimentation, influences from other genres, etc. i want to hear as much as possible, and to be challenged. if i were to only listen to west coast hip hop, i'd get sick of hip hop altogether eventually. that goes for every region too, i fuck with just as many current east coast artists as i do west coast, but if i thought NY hip hop was the best i wouldn't just close myself off to hip hop from other areas just because i'm from here. it just doesn't make any sense to me.

tippi dink

posted Tuesday, August 29, 2017 11:17:12 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
man, how did i leave out paul white? another one of my current favorite producers and he's from the uk as well. what about him?

crowcaine1

Total Posts: 4
posted Tuesday, August 29, 2017 11:33:15 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for crowcaine1
Nerdy white stalker is a huge f****** f***** for f****.** hijacking This Thread about b*******. He has no respect to the artifacts el da sensei K def if I was mod
I would ban his mother f***** quick

Nassau William Senior

posted Tuesday, August 29, 2017 11:57:17 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
Tippi - good points. We are just different on our approach.

But I don't just like west coast and I don't close myself off to other hip hop around the world. I am probably 50% + west coast but I buy a lot of dope East Coast, Midwest, South and international releases. Unfortunately, there is just too much. I come from an era where you bought a tape and it didn't leave your car tape deck for 6-12 months. Literally, only one album for 6 months straight. You really start to learn the lyrics and all the intricacies within the album. I still try to do that today with all purchases. That would be impossible with your "hear everything" approach. I tried that from 2007-2011 or 2012, similar to Clock, and it wasn't for me.

I'd rather listen to 1 album 100 times over listening to 100 albums 1 time. Just me.

And FTR, I am a big fan of FloFilz and buy all of his releases. There are a few other European artists that I support too.

Total Posts: 16695
posted Tuesday, August 29, 2017 12:23:00 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
tippi, you over-apologizing, plaid toque wearing, one road having, hockey puck slapping, hybernating, mountie riding, curling rock throwing, celine dioning, maple syrup sipping, beaver watching, french language speaking, lumberjacking, america hate-loving, igloo habitating, "aboot" mispronounciating, figure skating, free health caring, reefer smoking, 360 degree duct tape taping, moose fucker. take your euro hip hop garbage and go the fuck back to canada!

Nassau William Senior

posted Tuesday, August 29, 2017 12:28:47 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Nassau William Senior
LOL

Phatbeets

posted Tuesday, August 29, 2017 12:53:14 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Phatbeets
European producers like kio Itachy, azaia etc etc and the thousand instrumental producer I have posted about dropped so much heat in recent years it's absurd to dismiss their shit like you do. Those guys are super talented and I guarantee that exile or kankick and other producer you like wouldn't agree with you.

Saying the country that created a music genre is the only that can produce valuable artist is simply wrong. Ever heard of django reinhardt or Baden Powell de Aquino? Welp those legendary icons have shaped jazz music for decades and guess what they were not from New Orleans.

This whole discussion is so ridiculously cliche and full of bias, I wonder why I even participate to it tbh.

tippi dink

posted Tuesday, August 29, 2017 12:56:09 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
I come from an era where you bought a tape and it didn't leave your car tape deck for 6-12 months. Literally, only one album for 6 months straight. You really start to learn the lyrics and all the intricacies within the album.

that's exactly how this era is to a lot of people, myself included. have you ever considered that the reason you're so attached to those albums is because you were younger at the time so they had a bigger impact on you? i'm only 25, but i'm not exaggerating when i said there's at least 150 releases from the last 10 years that i revisit over and over again, just like the classic 90's albums that we all know and love. you might just be jaded at this point. there's too much good music out there for me to ever want to hear one album nonstop for 6 months straight though. i wouldn't even want to listen to hip hop for 6 months straight to be honest with you.

I'd rather listen to 1 album 100 times over listening to 100 albums 1 time. Just me.

and why do you think i listen to those 100 albums in the first place? it's because i want to find the albums that are worth listening to 100 times. i realized a long time ago that a lot of albums i really dig don't much coverage, and if i didn't personally try to seek them out then i might not ever hear them. i don't want to miss out. i took the initiative. there's albums from this year that i've listened to dozens of times already. there was a time when i wasn't feeling uk hip hop but i never wrote it off completely, and if i did i never would have checked out any of the artists on high focus records which is one of my favorite labels out there now. i've gotten a little burnt out on that approach to listening to music as well, but through doing that i became better at picking out the releases that are interesting to me or that i think have potential even if i don't love them right away. there's been so many albums over the years that took many listens to grow on me,but those albums are usually the ones that stand out the most and become my favorites once i understand them.

you're right though, we just have two completely different approaches. i think the best point you made was that because of where you live, you don't really feel as much of a desire to check out artists from other areas that you're unfamiliar with because you're surrounded by so much quality music as it is. there's nothing wrong with being proud of where you're from and prioritizing supporting artists that are local over someone from across the world that you might not ever get the opportunity to see perform. i hadn't really considered that, and i'm sure you're not the only person who feels that way. people tend to naturally gravitate towards what they know and what is familiar to them, but i think if some of these artists got more exposure then they'd be selling more than 50 digital copies of an album to people in the US on bandcamp.

there's this article that homeboy sandman wrote that kind of touches on this, and i agree with a lot of the points he makes here. he uses oddisee as an example.

"If you go to a supermarket and all that’s being sold is oranges, oranges are going to sell. Today’s mainstream hip hop audience is an underinformed bunch confusing taste with familiarity. In my last piece I shared my experiences inside inner city high schools and middle schools. Ask these kids who they like and everyones’ hand shoots up. Ask them who they don’t like and you’ll hear crickets. They represent a demographic that is eating whatever they’re fed. Oddisee is one of the most gifted musicians of our generation, but he’s not in heavy rotation on Hot 97, BET or MTV. He’s not getting constant coverage from Vibe, XXL, The Source, Rolling Stone, Spin, Complex or Fader. He’s not performing on The Tonight Show. What basis can there be for knocking his music for not selling, when the overwhelming majority of consumers haven’t even had an opportunity to listen to it in the first place?"

"Getting people to hear Oddisee is way tougher than getting them to buy his music once they have."

just keep in mind that at one point, all of your favorite artists were unknown as well. it's just harder to build a solid fanbase these days because hip hop is oversaturated and people are fickle. you could say something on twitter that offends people and lose 1/5 of your audience just like that. here's the link to the article just in case you're interested in reading it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/homeboy-sandman/industry-lie-4080-not-bad_b_2000515.html

I am a big fan of FloFilz and buy all of his releases. There are a few other European artists that I support too.

why did you think wicked's initial argument was stupid then, if you admit that there are artists from other areas of the world that you're a fan of? you seem to be in agreement with what he said, which is that quality music is still quality mo matter where it's from. were you just fucking with him and i took the bait instead? lol.

tippi dink

posted Tuesday, August 29, 2017 1:04:27 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
yeah well fuck you 88. go jerk off with the american flag wrapped around your dick while listening to johnny cash and thinking about the statue of liberty naked you apple pie eating, ford truck driving, baseball playing, gun-toting, sister-fucking, morbidly obese, 4th of july celebrating, country music loving, bald eagle fucking, racist, redneck caucasoid piece of american trash. i bet you voted for trump.

eighty five

Total Posts: 11207
posted Tuesday, August 29, 2017 1:25:39 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for eighty five
artifacts are kind of boring real talk

lord digress

Total Posts: 30
posted Wednesday, August 30, 2017 4:40:55 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for lord digress
posters like NWS and tippi dink should have all their comments in this thread deleted and then banned.

also i was the 1st one to make a thread about this a few weeks ago

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, August 30, 2017 9:14:24 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
too bad that'll never happen

if you were mod this forum would have 3 people posting on it since you'd ban everyone that posts hip hop you don't like.

lord digress

posted Wednesday, August 30, 2017 3:06:44 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for lord digress
^^ what a fucking faggot ass response, the point u and that nerdy white stalker hijacking this thread

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, August 30, 2017 3:17:21 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i guess the truth is "faggy" then, and you've hijacked plenty of threads. the discussion that went on in here is related to a comment that was made about producers from outside of the US, and it was about underground hip hop so what's your problem here?

Total Posts: 16695
posted Wednesday, August 30, 2017 3:32:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
has the username "lord digress"

whines about users digressing from the OP

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, August 30, 2017 3:35:19 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
fukin rekt m8

lord digress

posted Wednesday, August 30, 2017 5:08:28 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for lord digress
i guess the truth is "faggy" then, and you've hijacked plenty of threads. the discussion that went on in here is related to a comment that was made about producers from outside of the US, and it was about underground hip hop so what's your problem here?

wow are u really that big of a jerk off u think u can hijack any thread at will and your lame ass response is " well u did it too" fuck you

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, August 30, 2017 5:10:42 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
it means you're a hypocrite, you do the same thing that you accuse others of doing. i'm not the one complaining about it.

di·gress
verb
leave the main subject temporarily in speech or writing.

All times are ET. The time now is 3:13 AM.Post viewed 1027 timesPage: 1 2
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: