Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (38) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Cassidy Disses Canibus

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 71 replies
Page: 1 2
AuthorTopic:  Cassidy Disses Canibus
Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

Total Posts: 2071
posted Monday, August 28, 2017 9:58:08 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
the 2nd beat on poet laureatte II is godlike. canibus went above and beyond on that beat switch. wigger chills on fleekarooni

Partial IP: 43.230.209

mic_data

Total Posts: 475
posted Monday, August 28, 2017 10:16:26 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mic_data
Actually, I still love his verse on Beasts from the East, that join on Lost Boyz with Redman- one of his introductory songs, and someone thought he was ill enough to give him a 30 or 50 bar verse right off the bat.

"I grab mics and push n*ggas to the left, , so fast their hearts end up on the right side of their chests"

"You need to quit it, if you ain't spittin More than 50 bars per minute cause you ain't in lyrical fitness"

"Step up and get your neck cut from ear to ear, if you survive, you can cover your scar with a beard"

^idk, when I hear Genebis or PL2, I feel like the hip hop gods came down and gave him a couple verses, or maybe n entire chapter in case of PL2, ha. Those are 2 of my fave.

Partial IP: 62.144.146

Loewi

Total Posts: 4356
posted Monday, August 28, 2017 10:21:02 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Loewi
even tho cassidy and bis rap on shit beats like 75% of the time they still rap better than mach homo and cock marciano

No... just no...

mic_data

posted Monday, August 28, 2017 11:02:08 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mic_data
What? I know I posted this, but it seems to have disappeared...

Actually, I still love his verse on Beasts from the East, that join on Lost Boyz with Redman- one of his introductory songs, and someone thought he was ill enough to give him a 30 or 50 bar verse right off the bat.

"I grab mics and push n*ggas to the left, , so fast their hearts end up on the right side of their chests"

"You need to quit it, if you ain't spittin More than 50 bars per minute cause you ain't in lyrical fitness"

"Step up and get your neck cut from ear to ear, if you survive, you can cover your scar with a beard"

^idk, when I hear Genebis or PL2, I feel like the hip hop gods came down and gave him a couple verses, or maybe n entire chapter in case of PL2, ha. Those are 2 of my fave.

Anybody remember his long ago appearance with Heltah Skeltah and Rass Kass on the Rhyme & Reason soundtrack- another pretty good introduction for him.

mic_data

posted Monday, August 28, 2017 11:02:48 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mic_data
Aaaand it's back, oh well, double the fun and then some.

culturesclothing

Total Posts: 2155
posted Tuesday, August 29, 2017 10:19:01 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for culturesclothing
at Spitboss You know what's funny? I think that Cingularity Point, lyrically, is 1 of the craziest things ever written...but I don't think that it's one of his best actual songs. To me, it's like a mad scientist ranting about crazy stuff for 9 minutes. For Canibus fans like us that's great, but I think the average fan would struggle with how dense it is.

And yeah Bis has a lot of crazy features that definitely should be on the list

eighty five

Total Posts: 11192
posted Tuesday, August 29, 2017 11:51:55 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for eighty five
canibus was trash after 2000 bc

i used to like mic club and rip the jacker but he is literally rambling on all the songs

soy_titooo

Total Posts: 97
posted Tuesday, August 29, 2017 4:44:27 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for soy_titooo
I enjoy Cassidy freestyles, but he won't never ever release an album better than Canibus 5th best album.

I remember an interview where Cassidy said thar he didn't have a problem with Trap music as far s they call it Mumble Rap and not Hiphop, as those are 2 different things... I agreed with him on that.

Now I don't have a problem with Cassidy dissing Canibus as long as he recognize that when it comes to making albums Canibus is miles ahead of him... they are two totally different type of artists.

Lit Jagger

Total Posts: 1699
Location: I like cartoons, southern cities wit lrg moons, faith healers, ex female drug dealers & art booms
posted Tuesday, August 29, 2017 5:19:52 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lit Jagger
How is he miles ahead when canibus can't sell 5k albums ?

mic_data

posted Tuesday, August 29, 2017 8:14:16 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mic_data
Oh, Cingularity Point! I was under the impression that song was called C of Tranquility, all I ever had of it was the street version, it wasn't on the C of Tranquility official release if I remember correctly. That one's raw.

5th point

Total Posts: 436
posted Tuesday, August 29, 2017 8:31:06 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 5th point   Click Here to Email 5th point
cingularity point is crazy that whole albums sooo dope

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

Total Posts: 2071
posted Tuesday, August 29, 2017 8:53:13 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
when cass came out he was basically bis in 98 and big l in 95. sorry but its true. sprinkle a lil papoose and we done.

culturesclothing

posted Tuesday, August 29, 2017 9:27:54 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for culturesclothing
at 85 I disagree. Just take RTJ for example. The songs have pretty clear subject matter:

Genabis is about Canibus being an unappreacited god of hip-hop.

Levitibus is about Bis' struggles...trying to move forward...and trying to show that he's ahead of his time.

M-Sea-Creasy is social. commentary

No Return is story-telling

I could go on but you get the point. Not saying that he doesn't ramble sometimes...but I'd rather listen to Canibus ramble like a mad scientist than overdone gratuitous thug shit

shaolinassasin

Total Posts: 53
posted Wednesday, August 30, 2017 9:15:06 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for shaolinassasin
Yo nobody gives Cassidy the respect for how much of a dope lyricist he is.

I don't know how to embed but I'll link some of his dopes shit

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dz0CTd24y_4
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f7LSLK3_WHI
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-3eIY8mjo6k
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5xTpGpvEV0w
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-3hTi8hxI0U

culturesclothing

posted Wednesday, August 30, 2017 9:48:53 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for culturesclothing
at shaolinassasin I don't think that anyone is denying that he's a skilled lyricist/MC. He just lacks that it factor that separates him from the rest of the pile. He rarely has that line that wows me in his raps. It's mostly just tough talk. I'll check out what you posted though

shaolinassasin

Total Posts: 53
posted Thursday, August 31, 2017 9:47:42 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for shaolinassasin
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BHgScp1IXag

Tell me this isn't one of the craziest freestyles you've ever heard.

"I knock on your doors like Jehovah's Witness/bring n*ggaz in your crib like your older sisters" one of the sickest punchlines ever.

Who the fk cares about albums. it's all about bars. Fact is Cass best bars are as hot or hotter then Canibus best bars. Canibus is a intellectual rapper. Cassidy is a punchline comedian rapper.

Spitboss

Total Posts: 1615
posted Thursday, August 31, 2017 6:51:58 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Spitboss
Lol there are multiple cassidy vs canibus mixtapes on datpiff, and it's not even debatable who has the hotter bars. Canibus is levels above Cassidy.

Lit Jagger

Location: I like cartoons, southern cities wit lrg moons, faith healers, ex female drug dealers & art booms
posted Thursday, August 31, 2017 8:05:59 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lit Jagger
Canibitch can't rap. Just cuz you use big words don't make you good. Lil B would kill him in a battle

Lit Jagger

posted Thursday, August 31, 2017 8:08:44 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lit Jagger
Today at 3:48 PM
Art Barr
Art Barr
INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
canibus gave himself the l in all those situations.

got bodied for making snide backend comments and disses to ll and got the excalibur verse.
got bodied before the ll battle by redman by precipitating red and getting the lo mein freestyle of death.
got bodied by ll in the battle for using unveiiling said rhymes that were also eclipsed by said redman lo mein freestyle.
that showed another chink in canibus's armor.
talked about ll being a commercial sellout. then appears in silver body paint on some bullshyt with wyclef.
listening to wyclef.
never making a record better than nikkaz we roll with his first twelve inch on a full lp. that cemented the type of artist he was alone solo.
which was only good for his first twelve inch and no songs after that ever.

going to the military after talking all that knowledge shyt.
not preparing versus disaster and not being able to showcase he was a real emcee at all.
as he could not rhyme off the top and brought a notebook to a battle and actually violated and recited the rhymes from said notebook.

fukk outta here, canibus is a living embarrassment.....

canibus gave himself the L from not being prepared and not really being well versed in hiphop history.
except for a few great style war era technical skill verses that were droppped in the technical revolution.
yet as the technical revolution continued canibus never actually got better in any technical category of emcee'n.

fukk dude, he is a complete lazy fraud.

to this day the nikka ain't improved one technical aspect of his skillset since 1995.

art barr

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/who-gave-canibus-the-bigger-l-u-s-army-ll-disaster.567324/

Spitboss

Total Posts: 1615
posted Thursday, August 31, 2017 8:57:42 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Spitboss
Lmao that fag has been talking shit about bis for years. As if you just copied and pasted some nobodies vitriol from another forum. Like that bum's opinion holds any weight. Fail.Suck a dick, Observe.

culturesclothing

posted Friday, September 01, 2017 9:39:13 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for culturesclothing
Yeah and not only that, but the only true point that he had was about Bis not preparing for the Dizaster battle. To this day, everything surrounding that whole situation is just odd. Everything else that guy said was clearly biased. Bis has clearly grown as an artist over the years

All times are ET. The time now is 7:48 AM.Post viewed 1131 timesPage: 1 2
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: