UndergroundHipHop.com 12 Days of Christmas
Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (141) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Deca - The Way Through (released 10/24)

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 9 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Deca - The Way Through (released 10/24)
tippi dink

Total Posts: 5124
posted Tuesday, October 24, 2017 10:01:48 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink

for those who don't know, Deca is a new york based rapper/producer who has been putting out music since 2003 and fully producing his own projects since his 2011 album "The Veil". Since then he released another album called "The Ocean" in 2013 as well as a beat tape last year called "Forest Agates", and this new project. i first found out about deca when i saw him live at a local venue in 2014, was impressed by his performance and the stop-motion animated videos that were projected behind him which clearly had a ton of effort put into them. i became a fan immediately, and went home and bought his albums. Deca's style is almost like a combination of aesop rock, DOOM, aceyalone, edan, and slug. dense, poetic lyricism, striking imagery, interesting wordplay, creative use of samples which almost give his music this psychedelic childrens storybook vibe. you can definitely tell who his influences are, but i still think he does his own thing. i dig it, and if any of that sounds appealing to you, give it a shot. i think i've only seen maybe two people on here mention this dude before. and yes wicked, it's "nerd rap".

haven't heard this yet aside from the track maintain, but i'm hoping it's good because honestly there haven't been too many albums released these last two months that i've been that excited about.
his other projects:

Partial IP: 62.144.146

5th point

Total Posts: 552
posted Tuesday, October 24, 2017 10:13:50 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 5th point   Click Here to Email 5th point
decas dope i didnt know he was dropping anything this year. thanks i think i put him in my whiteboy super group in the other thread

tippi dink

posted Tuesday, October 24, 2017 10:17:08 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i thought it was you who mentioned him but i wasn't sure lol.

yeah i didn't either until this was announced like three weeks ago, nice surprise.

no mask

Total Posts: 7937
posted Tuesday, October 24, 2017 12:34:56 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for no mask
its dope. on my 2nd listen today. no weak tracks.

Loewi

Total Posts: 4498
posted Tuesday, October 24, 2017 1:02:57 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Loewi
I hate it when rappers don't provide lyrics to their music

tippi dink

posted Tuesday, October 24, 2017 1:11:57 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
i do too but at least deca is easy to understand compared to some rappers. elucid never proved lyrics to for madmen only and there's still a few moments on that album where i have no idea what he's saying. same goes for zeroh.

its dope. on my 2nd listen today. no weak tracks.

good shit, for a second there i thought no one was going to check this out lol.

also thanks for the sticky papa pesto

SC1989

Total Posts: 1701
posted Tuesday, October 24, 2017 1:45:38 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for SC1989
I thought this post said Deda for some reason.
Now Iam sad

5th point

Total Posts: 552
posted Tuesday, October 24, 2017 8:17:50 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 5th point   Click Here to Email 5th point
really feelin this, reminiscent of the ocean, which isnt a bad thing cause thats a top album for me...hes always been on point lyrically but damn he outdid himself this time lyrics have layers i keep catching shit i missed everytime i listen. i like how he switched his flow on mammons mantra, he should do that more often cause he uses the same style alot...also every rapper i listen too i want to hear pair up with a certain producer, not the case with deca. his production styles perfect for his rapping...not sure how id rank this yet cause alot of dope shits been coming out, but top ten for sure

Lit Jagger

Total Posts: 2275
Location: They call it the underground because that's where dead things are buried
posted Tuesday, October 24, 2017 8:19:04 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Lit Jagger
I thought this post would have 2 sentences not an essay till I saw who posted this

tippi dink

posted Tuesday, October 24, 2017 8:29:30 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink
good troll observe, that was both shocking and funny.

really feelin this, reminiscent of the ocean, which isnt a bad thing cause thats a top album for me...hes always been on point lyrically but damn he outdid himself this time lyrics have layers i keep catching shit i missed everytime i listen. i like how he switched his flow on mammons mantra, he should do that more often cause he uses the same style alot...also every rapper i listen too i want to hear pair up with a certain producer, not the case with deca. his production styles perfect for his rapping...not sure how id rank this yet cause alot of dope shits been coming out, but top ten for sure

i definitely agree. no real complains here, it's just a solid project all around. i feel the same way about mammon's mantra, not used to hearing him rap like that so it caught me by surprise. don't know if this is top 10 for me yet but it's up there for sure.

favorite tracks after two listens: the way in, maintain, skyward, mammon's mantra

All times are ET. The time now is 1:34 PM.Post viewed 444 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: