Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (4) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Hip Hop Discussion Board >
Is It Unacceptable To Like Kid Cudi?

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 33 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Is It Unacceptable To Like Kid Cudi?
tha $pace clock

Total Posts: 1864
posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 6:10:20 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tha $pace clock
I'd genuinely never heard his stuff apart from the radio songs and listened to motm2 and it's pretty damn good

Am I a homosexual?

Partial IP: 224.194.89

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

Total Posts: 8027
posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:00:35 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
whole lotta feelings goin on with that guy. literally the only artist to back out of a nardwuar interview and dated cage. dude is a massive cunt.

tippi dink

Total Posts: 6514
posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:13:11 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
dude seems very pretentious and can't take criticism at all, but his first two albums are alright and his first mixtape was solid too. pretty much everything since then has been awful though imo, speedin bullet 2 heaven might be one of the worst albums i've ever listened to.

this is what he said when people were criticizing the direction he went in with his music

"After I accomplished my goal of making two back to back iconic classic alternative hip hop albums, It was time to explore and try new things. So, if you dont like what Im doin now, please abort the train. Do not buy my music from here on out. Its not for you. No hard feelings. We have reached a frequency only the chosen can hear. The more open the mind and heart, the more powerful the experience."

lol

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:17:48 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
holy shit that quote. ive only met to the douchey of the douchiest people who love his music. i dont think he has a "cool" fan

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:19:59 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
one of my old dear friends swore by him but at the same time was a giant atmosphere fan to so he was a feeling boy for sure. we are no longer friends irl.

the only song ive ever liked by him was that "poke her face remix" and mainly cuz of the beat and common/kanye on it.

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:30:27 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
most people only really acknowledge his first two albums, and his second is really inconsistent, so him saying they're both iconic classics is hilarious to me. i listened to the first man on the moon a lot in high school, ive really got nothing against that album but i haven't heard it in a while so idk how i'd feel about it now. there seems to be this small group though that genuinely think everything he's ever done is the most creative, original, mindblowing music out there. even speedin bullet to heaven, which sounds like a school project a 12 year made in garageband after listening to nirvana for 10 minutes.

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:33:21 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
he was another lupe/kanye white boy rapper

eseph84

Total Posts: 7057
posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:42:12 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for eseph84   Click Here to Email eseph84
disgrace to my city, fuck that guy

-scotty (the heel)

Total Posts: 18199
Location: What does god have to do with the pronunciation of a word?
posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 10:27:00 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
in terms of his post-MOTM1&2 work, this is the only track i've heard from him that i've really fucked with:

and, even this track, i ended up editing. it's too long for how repetitive it is. i shortened my version way down, and made it the outro to my kid cudi comp.

a long time ago, i made a comp, pulling tracks from his first tape and his two iconic classic alternative hip hop albums. haven't really felt any desire to go beyond that comp with listening to him.

posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 10:28:00 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
this guy's definitely unbearably pretentious.

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 10:28:31 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
88 you should listen to speedin bullet 2 heaven, it's way more of an iconic classic than his first two records

posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 10:33:33 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
i might have skimmed through it once. can't remember which of his projects i have and haven't heard.

remember that rock project he did, wzrd? jesus, i forgot all about that until right this moment. or how about that rock album lupe did, where he put on a british accent, lol. these fucking guys.

i remember being really hopeful back at the beginning of his career that he'd do a full project with ratatat. this song is what sold me on him, and is still my fav track by him:

Kid Cudi - Heaven at Nite from deeplydope on Vimeo.

dope video too

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 10:47:32 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
LOL

yeah wzrd was pretty bad, i think that was the exact moment where the majority of his fanbased turned on him. everyone was so confused by that album and it's not like it got any better after that. i haven't even heard his newest album from 2016 and i dont know if i want to. fuck that japanese cartoon project lupe was doing too.

Seme__one

Total Posts: 1893
posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 11:13:58 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Seme__one
only wicked knows how listening to something can class you as fuckin' gay

litney spears

Total Posts: 1965
Location: “I hate that the bitch wears lipstick while eating food, she basic as fuck” - virgin loser NHL
posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 2:31:38 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for litney spears
His first album is a classic

drugs da young cowboy

Total Posts: 42
posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 2:34:36 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for drugs da young cowboy

Partial IP: 92.172.132

posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 2:51:42 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
first album has a few good tracks, but also a number of whiney bitch boy tracks. no classic at all.

drugs da young cowboy

posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 2:55:03 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for drugs da young cowboy

Partial IP: 99.169.126

posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 3:20:12 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
I've got some issues that nobody can see
And all of these emotions are pouring out of me
I bring them to the light for you
It's only right
This is the soundtrack to my life, the soundtrack to my life

this is actually a hook from a song on his "classic" first album. it's so emo and generalized. he thinks his problems are so much more important than anyone else's. really terrible. but a total classic. yeah, right.

lmao, i totally forgot he divides the tracklist up into "acts". jfc, this guy.

posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 3:21:41 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
I'm super paranoid, like a 6th sense
Since my father died, I ain't been right since
And I tried to piece the puzzle of the universe
Split an eighth of shrooms just so I could see the universe
I tried to think about myself as a sacrifice
Just to show the kids they ain't the only ones who up at night
The moon will illuminate my room and soon I'm consumed by my doom
Once upon a time nobody gave a fuck
It's all said and done and my cocks been sucked
So now I'm in the cut, alcohol in the wound
My heart's an open sore that I hope heals soon
I live in a cocoon opposite of Cancun
Where it is never sunny, the dark side of the moon
So it's more than right, I try to shed some light on a man
Not many people of this planet understand... fam

a 14yr old teenage girl must have ghostwritten this shit. only plausible explanation.

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 3:35:08 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
my favorite verse from that kid cudi album

And maybe when the night is dead, I'll crawl into my bed
And staring at these 4 walls again
I'll try to think about the last time I had a good time
Everyone's got somewhere to go
And they're gonna leave me here on my own
And here it goes
I'm just a kid and life is a nightmare
I'm just a kid, I know that it's not fair
Nobody cares, cause I'm alone and the world is
Having more fun than me tonight
What the fuck is wrong with me?
Don't fit in with anybody
How did this happen to me?
Wide awake I'm bored and I can't fall asleep
And every night is the worst night ever

drugs da young cowboy

posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 3:35:49 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for drugs da young cowboy
L!

Partial IP: 92.172.132

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 3:36:48 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
this was a good verse too

There's something inside me that pulls beneath the surface
Consuming, confusing
This lack of self-control I fear is never ending
Controlling, I can't seem
To find myself again
My walls are closing in
Without a sense of confidence
I'm convinced that there's just too much pressure to take
I've felt this way before
So insecure
Crawling in my skin
These wounds they will not heal
Fear is how I fall
Confusing what is real

litney spears

Location: “I hate that the bitch wears lipstick while eating food, she basic as fuck” - virgin loser NHL
posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 3:37:29 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for litney spears
Yeah his first album Is a certified classic by everyone and reviews I’m not gonna listen to some ughh fgt

Daddy Alfredo (Admin)

posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 3:38:55 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Daddy Alfredo
88 in cudi defense. u say the same thing bout budden and eminem. cuz ur a mentally stable white guy from canada. thats totally unfair. to someone unstable and mentally "off" they DO think ther problems are bigger then everyone elses. and especially wen certain circumstances that make up ur issues can be so unique. i doubt thers ne single fathers 31 yrs of age, bi polar, 8 yrs sober without meetings that live with ther parents. i highly fuckin doubt it. troubles can fucking surely be unique. some self inflicted but thers a time wen u throw ur fists up to the gods like "how come always me" even wen u try hard as fuck.

tippi dink

posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 3:41:47 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for tippi dink   Click Here to Email tippi dink
observe you're always trying to use pitchfork reviews to back up your opinions, so what about this

posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 3:58:30 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
lol, observe pitchfork pwnt.

88 in cudi defense. u say the same thing bout budden and eminem. cuz ur a mentally stable white guy from canada. thats totally unfair. to someone unstable and mentally "off" they DO think ther problems are bigger then everyone elses. and especially wen certain circumstances that make up ur issues can be so unique. i doubt thers ne single fathers 31 yrs of age, bi polar, 8 yrs sober without meetings that live with ther parents. i highly fuckin doubt it. troubles can fucking surely be unique. some self inflicted but thers a time wen u throw ur fists up to the gods like "how come always me" even wen u try hard as fuck.

my gripe with cudi isn't that he wants the audience to know he has problems. it's the whiney, generalized way he goes about it. specificity is what makes this sort of thing work. for example, i'm a fan of biggie's suicidal thoughts, but not cudi's soundtrack to my life. these soap opera strawman characterizations from guys like cudi and budden are just lazy.

posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 3:59:53 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
don't get me wrong, i'm a big fan of some cudi tracks. but others are hella cringe.

litney spears

posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 4:01:21 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for litney spears
Yeah that’s why Kanye flew him out to Maui so he could work on 808s, I guess he should of flew kool Keith or whatever trash rapper you listen to to make his classic

posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 4:20:39 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 88
he has a good hook voice, and that's what kanye used him for. that's it.

Clockworx (Admin)

Total Posts: 40977
posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 6:12:42 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Clockworx
This is the only dope thing that dickweed ever dropped...

dR.prOf

Total Posts: 6678
posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 8:00:46 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for dR.prOf   Click Here to Email dR.prOf
At this point he's got a bloated ego, his fans are clueless snobs, and his music is wildly hit or miss

But in 2009 i was all about him. I still revisit some of his old work and every now and then i hear some new shit thats good from him too

Not gay to like him but tread carefully

5th point

Total Posts: 1012
posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 9:31:37 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 5th point   Click Here to Email 5th point
I seen him on one of the late night shows a couple years ago. The host asked him how he felt about the state of hip hop, his response went something like "im the only rapper thats innovative and original" the host then asked him if there was any current rappers he respects his response went something like " i cant respect any current rappers im the only rapper thats actually creating art and being original"
If was a couple years ago but im pretty sure thats how the convo went

culturesclothing

Total Posts: 2179
posted Wednesday, January 24, 2018 10:00:53 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for culturesclothing
"Marijuana" is the best song that he ever made IMO. Most of his other stuff is not for me.

All times are ET. The time now is 7:57 AM.Post viewed 783 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: