Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (50) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > General Discussion Board >
Lets Talk About The Un Report Declaring Israel An Apartheid State

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 18 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  Lets Talk About The Un Report Declaring Israel An Apartheid State
Jay-eL

Total Posts: 13477
posted Sunday, March 19, 2017 2:14:49 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Jay-eL
The report was authored by two critics of Israeli state practice: Virginia Tilley, professor of political science at Southern Illinois University, and Richard Falk, former UN special rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the Palestinian territories, and professor emeritus of international law at Princeton University.

Noting how "the expert consensus [is] that the prohibition of apartheid is universally applicable and was not rendered moot by the collapse of apartheid in South Africa", the report argues that Israel is "guilty of policies and practices that constitute the crime of apartheid", a "crime against humanity under customary international law and the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court".

The report is a "detailed analysis of Israeli legislation, policies and practices" that highlights how Israel "operates an apartheid regime", including through "demographic engineering".

Palestinian citizens of Israel are described as "subjected to oppression on the basis of not being Jewish", it said.

Palestinians in East Jerusalem similarly experience "discrimination in access to education, healthcare, employment, residency and building rights", as well as "expulsions and home demolitions".

Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza Strip are governed by "military law" alongside Jewish settlers "governed by Israeli civil law", the report said.

Palestinian refugees and exiles are "prohibited from returning to their homes in Israel and the occupied Palestinian territory" on the basis that they "constitute a 'demographic threat' and that their return would alter the demographic character of Israel".

As well as urging governments to back BDS, the report recommends that the UN and its member states should "revive the Special Committee against Apartheid, and the United Nations Centre Against Apartheid (1976-1991)", which would then "report authoritatively on Israeli practices and policies relating to the crime of apartheid".

The report also suggests an advisory opinion be sought from the International Court of Justice "as to whether the means used by Israel to maintain control over the Palestinian people amount to the crime of apartheid".

David Keane, associate professor in law at Middlesex University, said the new report differs from previous ones on the subject because it "expressly attaches the apartheid label".

OPINION: Israeli Labor Party adopts the apartheid mantra

The report could contribute to an already deteriorating relationship between the government of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and the United Nations.

"For Palestinians and their allies, the report will help to provide a solid basis for their work," Nadia Hijab, executive director of al-Shabaka - The Palestinian Policy Network - told Al Jazeera .

Citing the reputation and credibility of the authors, Hijab described the report as "a clear, concise document" whose recommendations are "timely and much needed".

Partial IP: 185.91.133

Jay-eL

posted Sunday, March 19, 2017 2:16:09 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Jay-eL
the most troubling part about this, to me, is that papers like the NY Times refuse to discuss the contents within the report in favor of giving voice, only to those that wish to disparage it.

Bone_D414

Total Posts: 176
posted Sunday, March 19, 2017 4:09:34 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Bone_D414
israel on bull whats new

https://soundcloud.com/bone-d-1/money-up

Partial IP: 30.175.160

8 diagrams

Total Posts: 1446
Location: "Please mommy, let me rap, i promise to buy you a new house when i blow" - eseph
posted Sunday, March 19, 2017 5:27:30 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for 8 diagrams
No one here cares about israel or Palestine

Get a life

Partial IP: 2.58.92.74

fool blast

Total Posts: 1764
Location: i notice nothin nemore.all facts r wired directly into my brain in a fully-digested & accepted state
posted Sunday, March 19, 2017 5:45:53 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for fool blast
no one cares about this except dirtball arabs & a handful of white liberals. fuk your jessie spano rants

if we nuked china, india, and crap countries like indonesia/pakistan, the world would be a lot better. thats half the population gone (too many people), and those countries offer nothing good

Partial IP: 181.147.69

Phatbeets

Total Posts: 11528
Location: While everyone was looking up at the sun, i was looking at the birds and cats and insects going cray
posted Sunday, March 19, 2017 6:11:50 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Phatbeets
Obsession is a decease
Get well soon

Partial IP: 212.15.154

MF KF

Total Posts: 283
posted Sunday, March 19, 2017 7:42:52 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for MF KF
You're posting this on a dying hip hop forum, with the few members left being both socially and emotionally inept, like it's going to change anything or persuade anyone.

Idgi man. This shit is worse than chancey's finger paints

Partial IP: 32.131.128

mikey h

Total Posts: 5057
posted Sunday, March 19, 2017 9:40:32 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mikey h
Let's talk about how Jay-eL has really stepped up on the autism scale.

Partial IP: 66.44.60.7

Jay-eL

posted Monday, March 20, 2017 10:00:31 AM    Click Here to See the Profile for Jay-eL
Mikey, what is it like wondering through life arguing about things you dont understand?

Its like the 10 year old that tries to jump into adult conversation and gets an audible show of sympathy and makes everyone uncomfortable as they try to remain polite.

Partial IP: 99.129.214

mikey h

Total Posts: 5057
posted Monday, March 20, 2017 2:00:22 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for mikey h
I understand that you need help, I just hope you realize that sooner, rather than later. It is hard to talk about mental health, but you should not be afraid to ask for help in this area.

Also, move to Palestine.

Partial IP: 66.44.60.7

Ram Davagina

Total Posts: 9038
posted Monday, March 20, 2017 4:32:30 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Ram Davagina
Jeremy you smoked too much crack and think you're a genius but you're really just a dumb fuck skinhead turd

Partial IP: .170.15.82

Jay-eL

posted Monday, March 20, 2017 4:34:11 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Jay-eL
dear jsn,

It is hard to watch you depreciate in value.

Love
Jeremy

Jay-eL

posted Monday, March 20, 2017 4:34:56 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Jay-eL
mikey, you don't have to speak when you have nothing to say. It is ok to just shut the fuck up and watch grown people talk.

Ram Davagina

Total Posts: 9038
posted Monday, March 20, 2017 5:22:05 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Ram Davagina
Pls dont address me directly

Partial IP: .170.15.82

BOMBfire

Total Posts: 1357
posted Monday, March 20, 2017 6:17:35 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for BOMBfire
jeremy why are your posts always so long and boring dude

Partial IP: .199.7.170

gay zee blows

Total Posts: 286
posted Monday, March 20, 2017 6:35:28 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for gay zee blows

Partial IP: 47.20.4.35

gay zee blows

Total Posts: 286
posted Monday, March 20, 2017 6:36:33 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for gay zee blows

Partial IP: 47.20.4.35

Jay-eL

posted Tuesday, March 21, 2017 12:12:20 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for Jay-eL
I made a lost about toys just for you, pete

Partial IP: 99.131.165

howard da duck

Total Posts: 1214
posted Wednesday, March 22, 2017 3:05:16 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for howard da duck
lol at jesse spano rants

Partial IP: .26.189.37

All times are ET. The time now is 6:12 PM.Post viewed 487 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: