Back To Starting Page Not signed in sign in
Current Forum Users (15) | My Profile | Register | Forum FAQ | Forum Search | UGHH Chat

UndergroundHipHop.com Forums > Producer Board >
How Do I Autotune?

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Share: Add to FacebookAdd to TwitterEmail This
Found: 0 replies
Page: 1
AuthorTopic:  How Do I Autotune?
fleegsta

Total Posts: 5
posted Saturday, March 11, 2017 5:06:40 PM    Click Here to See the Profile for fleegsta   Click Here to Email fleegsta
So I made a humorous rap song called Lady's Man where I sing a simple and satirical hook in a less than charming manner. Problem is, my singing is so bad it sounds cringeworthy and doesn't do justice to the rest of the song. After numorous retakes, I gave up and accepted my singing is just too bad to even do it as a joke. So I decided to try autotuning it instead. Not usually my style but it could fit in the satirical context of the song.

I'm using Reaper and it's Reatune effect. No matter how I fuck around with it, it just ends up sounding even worse than before. I've tried manually pitching it, I've tried automatic pitch in various keys, I've found the supposed key of my vocals and used that. Still sounds bad and I have no clue what I'm doing.

How do I get that sterotypical autotune effect? Think it'll even help my situation? Any other ideas would be dope too. If this doesn't work I'll probably just get someone who can actually sing to feature on the hook instead.

Partial IP: .72.228.12

All times are ET. The time now is 4:34 AM.Post viewed 249 timesPage: 1
 next newest topic | next oldest topic
Hop to: