Check it, I am writing a thesis paper on rap's progression from where it started, to where it went, Public view compared to artist view, and whats going on now in the scene/culture. I am looking to incorporate artists opinions in my paper and if you would like to answer the following question and/or leave a reply with a e-mail or contact information i would be apreciative.
2. What is your group name?
3. How long have you been into rap?
4. Who got you to start listening to rap?
5. Who were your first favorite rap groups/artist?
6. What rap artists do you think inspired you most?
7. Which rap artist do you think had the most positive impact on the hip hop world?
8. Which do you think had the most negative?
9. What do you appreciate most about hip hop?
10. Do you lose respect for a mainstream artist?
11. Do you think hip hop has changed a lot since the days of; “The Roots”, “A Tribe called Quest”, “KRS1”?
12. Do you think for better or worse?
13. What do you look for more in a good rap song, a good beat or a good message or both?
14. If both, which do you think is more important?
15. Do you think underground rap is growing in popularity?
16. What do you think about 50 Cent?
17. Based on a article in Rolling Stones Magazine, the rap game is run by villains like Eminem and 50 Cent, how do you feel on this?
18. Do you think the meaning of rap is more than violence, killing, and drugs?
19. What is the goal of your music?
20. Do you like working on compilations with other artists or are you more into battling?
Do you think there is a split of the rap culture... under groud or mainsteam... How drastic a difference is it to you?
Hey thanks for the input. It really helps. But was there a main stream rap back then was kinda the point of quetion 11. Not if they are better or worse i love some underground today and loved that then. Most of which shows talent and something worth being heard. But do meaning chage, focuses... from messages to party beats. or do you think there always been diversity and just the media has focused in on one section of the rap/hip hop industry and modified it to its acceptibility?
2)Da Ill Communicators
5)Run-DMC & Grand Master Flash/The Furious 5
6)Rakim & Run
7)Rakim or KRS-One
8)Ganksta N-I-P , MC Hammer & Vanilla Ice
9)Lyrics & Production (The DJ & The Emcee)
10)Depends on who the artists are.
11)Not really, the Underground is still just as hot as it ever was if not a little better in my mind.
14)Good Message for ssure.
15)Yes, it is finally getting recognized on TV more and more.
16)I am not a fan of his work besides "Wanksta" and maybe a few more songs.
17)The Rap Game will never be run by 2 people, there are millions of emcees out there.
19)To get my message out there and to let people know that there is still good rap music to be heard and bought.
The Underground is where the pure Rawness with the lyrics and the dope ass production is and the Mainstream is for the party people which is a good thing for some. As far as talent there is a split and as far as fans there is a big split. People who like Mainstream dislike the Underground and people who love the Underground hate the Mainstream because they know that they are taking the Rawness out of the music.