5 Day busride...what 10 joints would you bring for the headphones?
Since I'm always travelin' place to place(CO springs-Modesto,CA-illadelph,middle Village, NY, Miami,FLA..blah blah) on the greyhound buses(which sucks no matter what you listen to) I always try to find a few shits to zone out to to distract me from the fatlady next to me and the annoyin piss smell eminating from the telephone booth size shit hole in the back(where I usually sit)...I hate luggin mad shit city to city so I only bring like ten joints. I was wondering out of sheer boredom what other heads would feel neccessary to have.
right now, if i were to leave tommorow Id probally take...
J-zone: Music For tu Madre
Xzibit-At the speed of life
Rebel Alliance Lp
Mountain Brothers-Self Vol. I
donny Hathaway-Everything is Everything
MTV party to go 99'( In case a fine ass girlnear me...yeah right...wants to listen to my headphones)
I know this post is dumb but most are these days.
Here's another mixtape for that ass...
1. Cage - Radiohead
2. MF Doom - Red and Gold
3. Freestyle Fellowship - 7th Seal
4. Black Star - Definition
5. High and Mighty - B-Boy Document '99
6. Visionaries - Love (Hip-Hop)
7. Aesoprock - Coward of the Year RMX
8. Jedi Mind Tricks - Heavenly Divine
9. Buck65 - The Centaur
10. Aesoprock - Hold the Cup
11. Slug - Nothing but Sunshine
12. Jedi Mind Tricks - Neva Antiquated RMX
13. Hieroglyphics - You Never Knew RMX
14. Mos Def - Next Universe
15. Visionaries - Blessings
16. A-Team - Like That, Like This
17. Aesoprock - Commencement...
18. Fourth World Occupantz - Noah Guard
19. Swollen Members - Counterparts
20. Moka Only - Variety
peace, hope this helps
This is really tough, only 10 albums...
1. ATCQ-'Anthology' (heh, nice way to include all of ATCQ's dopest tracks that are on diff. albums)
2. Hieroglyphics-'3rd Eye Vision'
3. Wu Tang Clan-'Enter the Wu-Tung(36 Chambers)'
5. De La Soul-'De La Soul is Dead'
6. O.G.C.-'Da Storm'
7. Mos Def and Talib Kweli are Blackstar
8. Swollen Members-'Balance'
9. The Roots-'Do You Want More?'
10. Smif N Wessun-'Da Shinin____
Mystik Journeymen Worldwide Underground
Fiona Apple When The Pawn...
Gangstarr Full Clip
Rakim 18th Letter
Bob Marley Greatest Hits
GNR Appetite For Destruction
NIN The Fragile
Chemical Brothers Dig Your Own Hole
Black Crowes Southern Musical Companion
U2 Greatest Hits
Company Flow Funcrusher
I could say hundreds more but I already got 21 So...
I would take the mix tape I have on me right now:
1. Reality Check: Gang Starr
2. Weight: Indelible MCs
3. Simon Says: Pharoahe Monch
4. Climb: Mos Def
5. Ms. Fat Booty: Mos Def
6. Mathematics: Mos Def
7. The Manifesto: Talib Kweli (Reflection Eternal)
8. Chaos: Talib Kweli (Reflection Eternal) F. Bahamadia
9. Respiration: Black Star (Mos Def and Talib Kweli) F. Common
10. Nas Is Like: Nas
11. The Demo: Prince Paul F. Breeze and Sha
12. Da Cipher: Punchline and Wordsworth
13. Brooklyn Hard Rock: Thirstin Howl III
14. Watch Dees: DJ Spinna F. Thirstin Howl III and Eminem
15. The Anthem: Sway and Tech F. RZA, Techn9ne, Eminem, Xzibit, Pharoahe Monch, Kool G Rap, Jayo Felony, Chino XL, KRS-One
16. The Militia: Gang Starr F. Big Shug and Freddie Foxxx
1. Intro: Cut Chemist
2. Improvise: Jurassic 5
3. Work The Angles: Dilated Peoples
4. Guaranteed: Dilated Peoples
5. Soundbombing: Dilated Peoples F. Tash
6. Answers: Lootpack
7. Definition Of Ill: Planet Asia
8. Style Wars: Styles Of Beyond
9. Winnetka Exit: Styles Of Beyond
10. Survival Tactics: Styles Of Beyond
11. Off The Record: Hieroglyphics
12. She Said: The Pharcyde
13. Lowland Anthem Pt. 1: Defari
14. Paparazzi: Xzibit
15. Pimpin’ Ain’t Easy: Tash
16. Bermuda Triangle: Tash
1.Ice Cube "death certificate"
2.Masta Ace "slaughtahouse"
4.Organized Konfusion "Extinction Agenda"
5.Radiohead "OK Computer"
6.Dialek "negro, neckro, nekros"
7.Dr. Dre "Chronic" (the 1st one, not the new shit)
8.Company Flow "Funcrusher Plus"
9.Tribe Called Quest "Low End Theory"
10.Special Ed "youngest in charge"
this is the dope stuff to me anyways.....
1. "Riders of the storm"--the Boogiemonsters
2. "De La Soul is Dead"--De La Soul
3. "3 Feet High & Rising"--De La Soul
4. "The Main Ingredient"--Pete Rock/Cl Smooth
5. "All Balls Don't Bounce"--Aceyalone
6. "Straight outta Compton"--NWA
7. "Resurrection"--Common Sense
8. "Uptown Saturday Night"--Camp Lo
9. "From Where???"--Mad Skillz
10. "Midnight Marauders"--ATCQ
Prince Among Theives
Stevie Wonder's Greatest Hits
I always make mix tapes (or CD's for those of you with burners) because there aren't many albums that I can listen to all the way through... I like variety. If you have the time, make some mix tapes... there's nothing better than hearing favorite song after favorite song....
1. Illmatic - Nas
2. Chronic 2001 - Dre
3. Thrust - Herbie Hancock
4. Aquemini - Outkast
5. Illogic - The unforseen shadow
6. Greenhouse Effect - Up to Speed
7. Aesop - Appleseed
8. JayZ - Vol 3
9. Bobby Hutcherson - Oblique
10. Main Source - Breaking Atoms
(i have a 20 cd case)
11. Hebbie Hancock - Head Hunters
12. Mobb Deep - Murder Muzak
13. Brand Nubian - All For One
14. Ben Folds Five - The Unauthorized Biography of Rhenhold Messer
15. DeLa Soul - 3 Ft High & Rising
16. Redman & Meth - Blackout
17. Bobbie Digital
18. Kenny Latimore - The Soul of a Man
19. Allman Brothers - Decade of Hits
20. Phish - Lawnboy
1. The Nonce "world ultimate" 2. Ras Kass "soul on ice" 3. Allcity "metropolis gold" 4. Aceyalone "all balls dont bounce" 5. A tribe called qwest "midnight maruaders" 6.The Pharcyde "bizzare ride" 7. Common sence "ressurection" 8. Eligh "story of 2 worlds" 9. Organized konfusion "Stress: the extincion agenda" 10.outkast "southernplayalisticadillacmuzik" and bonus Lp "kwest the madd ladd" peace DutchMassive of Equilibrium
I would be sittin next to the Junkee, lifting shit out his pack. Except for Dr. Octagon, its got some good songs I just don't feel it that much
De La- Stakes is High
I gots Psychoanalysis, and it would be there
Descendents - Somery
The Roots- things fall apart, DYWM!?!?
Aceyalone - All Buh-Balls don't Buh-Bounce
Hey outluk, do the springs still suck? Not that I can talk that much shit, the last place that I lived in CO was Greeley.
Since you're riding, not liftin weights, I suggest these to relax you and take your mind off of the urine smell.
Bob Marley--Natty Dread
Roots--Do You Want More??!!???!
Aesop Rock--Appleseed (good choice)
Curtis Mayfield (R.I.P.)--Superfly
ATCQ--Low End Theory
Mos Def--Black on Both Sides
i can never seem to limit myself to only 10 tapes on my trips. then again, my trips usually are for at least a month and are by plane rather than stupid greyhound.
this time i brought along:
atmosphere- overcast LP
oddjobs- conflict and compromise
sebutones- 50/50 where it counts
aesop rock- appleseed
dj shadow and cut chemist- brainfreeze
sole- bottle of humans bootleg
josh martinez- josh martinez and the hooded fang
freestyle fellowship- to whom it may concern
a dub of portishead with portishead on one side and dummy on the other.
headshots - se7en
freestyle fellowship- innercity griots
my horrible copy of the dj shadow show in nyc this past october
presage- outer perimeter
dj signify- mixed messages
a dub with goodie mob still standing and medusa do it the way you feel
buck65- language arts
buck65- man overboard
stuffed animals- on stuff
deep puddle dynamics
mr dibbs and dj fingaz- face off
and a bunch of other stuff i can't remember right now.
like i said, just a few things to keep me occupied.
Peace to Tylenol PM or Nyquil for those long hauls.
Peace to Electronic Shock Protection or such.
Peace to those who appreciate multiple genres of music.
The Roots-Illadelph Halflife
Things Fall Apart
Bob Marley-Songs of Freedom Book
Buju Banton-Till Shiloh
Rusted Root-Cruel Sin
Pink Floyd-Division Bell
Child of Life
de la soul is dead
de la soul-"buhloone mindstate"
del-"no need for alarm"
lateef and lyrics born-"latyrx:the album"
dj shadow-"preemptive strike"
ultramagnetic mc's-"critical beatdown"
"psychoanalysis(what is it?)"-prince paul(does anybody besides myself own a copie of that album? seems like nobody else does)
a tribe called quest-"low end theory"
that's funny i've been on a bunch of greyhounds in the last few weeks, same piss odors, and same "at the speed of life" and jzone...
wherever i go, i bring slaughtahouse. i should probably just get extra copies of it.
i spent all last week travelling, and i had doomsday in my pocket the whole time.
lootpack's soundpieces, and de la is dead have remained in my CD carry case most of the year.
i also have this one dancehall tape i bring w/ me a lot, w/ some cutty ranks and buju banton on there. other stuff too.
i have a dub w/ illmatic on one side and sun rises in the east on the other. that one has also seen quite a few miles.
shit that reminds me i left "fear of a black planet" at my friend's house. that's usually in my travel case too. i've also been carrying my criminal minded tape w/ me a lot. and hard to earn. and ATLiens-- until i lost it.